Twenty Twenty-Four

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

Twenty Twenty-Four

Post by Stercutus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:15 pm

A lone scientist named Roy (Andrew Kinsler) maintains Plethura, an underground bunker for the coming global nuclear disaster. Although conflicted with the fate of humanity, Roy keeps the bunker ever-prepared for those who will eventually come to populate it. But things take a dramatic turn when Roy becomes prematurely isolated. Locked in and with no knowledge of what has happened 'Up Top', it becomes painfully clear that Roy is alone and nobody is coming for him. With only the bunkers intelligent computer console 'Arthur' for company, the claustrophobic walls of Plethura slowly tighten their grip on Roy. After several strange and unexplainable events, an increasingly paranoid Roy begins to confront the terrifying prospect that he may not be alone in the bunker. As the situation escalates out of control, Roy is forced to question his own sanity. Could it be his mind playing tricks? Or is there a malevolent force stalking him from within these walls? With no hope of escape and nowhere to hide, Roy has no choice but to confront the true terror of Plethura.

LMOE with HAL. Man trapped in a box film. Spoiler: Also vaguely Moon, but without the charisma of Sam Rockwell.

The film tries hard to build suspense but since it is another one of those trapped in a box films it has nowhere to go. After looking at the same corridor for 88 minutes you will likely go stir crazy and catch cabin fever like the protagnoist. The ending fails to deliver as well.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: None

Re: Twenty Twenty-Four

Post by Asymetryczna » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:08 am

No Sam Rockwell, ending disappoints as well! Thanks, I'll be sure not to watch it. Great review. LOL. I am normally behind the times with films so I first opened the link because 2024 will be an important test in terms of the majority of the voting bloc being fundamentally different. I'll celebrate 60 years at that time, Good lord willin' and the creeks don't rise. I mentioned that and now I will move on.

I saw The Survivalist recently and liked it for its effortless lucidity. A man, a cabin and a garden. Two women, one older and one younger. Trust issues and hunger. Ugly men, violent. As a parent, be forewarned: there is nudity; nonetheless, it has the same appeal that a lingerie catalog would have if you were locked in the lavatory while suffering from the flu. To better understand the film, one might fast for 2 days and then watch it with a head of cabbage to be peeled and lightly sprinkled with two old packs of salt that had been stashed in a plastic bag in a tree after being stolen from a Frischs. I'm sure it has been reviewed here. Still, a man in a box to keep with your AliceNChains theme.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:08 am

Asymetryczna wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:08 am
No Sam Rockwell, ending disappoints as well! Thanks, I'll be sure not to watch it. Great review. LOL. I am normally behind the times with films so I first opened the link because 2024 will be an important test in terms of the majority of the voting bloc being fundamentally different. I'll celebrate 60 years at that time, Good lord willin' and the creeks don't rise. I mentioned that and now I will move on.

I saw The Survivalist recently and liked it for its effortless lucidity. A man, a cabin and a garden. Two women, one older and one younger. Trust issues and hunger. Ugly men, violent. As a parent, be forewarned: there is nudity; nonetheless, it has the same appeal that a lingerie catalog would have if you were locked in the lavatory while suffering from the flu. To better understand the film, one might fast for 2 days and then watch it with a head of cabbage to be peeled and lightly sprinkled with two old packs of salt that had been stashed in a plastic bag in a tree after being stolen from a Frischs. I'm sure it has been reviewed here. Still, a man in a box to keep with your AliceNChains theme.

Sam Rockwell delivers one of my all time favorite lines/scenes. Which is also an appropriate question for a survivalist. :mrgreen:

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:30 am

Asymetryczna wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:08 am

whoa that made my head spin and I even have AnC in my sig. Happy birthday since I probably won't be here in six years . I watched " I kill Giants" and loved it . That movie had as much to do with survival and suvivalism as the Survivalist. :v:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Return to “Zombie Training Films”