Cobra Kai

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

Cobra Kai

Post by Stercutus » Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 am

I've been watching the You Tube Red Cobra Kai series and find it to be ridiculously funny. Most of the humor is slight, vague, off the cuff with tons of irony thrown in so I have a particular appreciation for it. You won't learn shit about Karate or fighting from watching the show but it is good entertainment.

The show mostly focuses on the Johnny Lawrence character from the original Karate Kid film with some focus on Larusso and lots of new cast including their kids and signification others. The Lawrence character has been transformed from the one dimensional spoiled rich kid with an attitude into a wonderfully complicated human being in his late middle age dealing with a life time of bad choices. He comes off as being quite believable and at times you even feel some sympathy for him. The kids all put in respectable performances.

Every time you think the show will get serious or dramatic things seem to take a humorous, unexpected or ironic turn. In an age of bad writing the writing for the show is actually quite good and the plot builds nicely through the first season. Some of the plot lines are contrived but are necessary I think for pacing. Mostly they deal with people making good and bad choices in sometimes difficult circumstances.

The first two episodes are free so if you like them you can sign up for YouTube Red for free for a month and watch the rest. If you don't like them don't bother it will be more of the same.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Return to “Zombie Training Films”