It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goodbye World
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:54 pm 

Goodbye World is a "B" level movie about a computer virus that crashes the system and brings on the PAW. A small group of friends have conveniently met at their "prepper friend's" house prior/ during the onset and then they work through all of their personal problems as the PAW unfolds. It's pretty boring stuff mostly.

Other than the soap opera aspect there is a lot of competition for resources in the movie and it is mostly about scarcity. The prepper dude tries hard to maintain control of his resources dealing with his friends, competitors and enemies. This ends up changing his worldview in not unexpected ways.

Mostly it shows prepper guy as a normal hippie type person who is extremely well prepared for off gird living. When the preppper dude is showing his friends a fridge with his stockpiled meds some seem to think he has crossed a line... of course the meds become a plot device as an important resource.

Overall I'd say a semi-realistic portrayal of what could happen if the internet and associated infrastructure collapse with some terrorist acts thrown in for good measure to speed things along. The movie suffers from pointless personal subplots that turn it in to a mess. Overall I'd give it a solid "maybe", with a rewatch of zero value.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”