Flint - The Russian Rambo

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

Flint - The Russian Rambo

Post by Stercutus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:39 pm

If you ever wanted to see Rambo (1st Blood) re-imagined as a TV series set in Russia here is your chance. Dialogue is all in Russian with subtitles. It is actually way better than it sounds.

Story and writing are on par with the original, perhaps even a little better. They stick fairly close to the concepts ideas and many of the visual effects of the original only diverging at points to add a love interest and a bit more back story for our hero. It is also clear that he is what he is the minute he sails in to view. If you loved the original don't expect an angst ridden PTSD victim morphing in to a Power Ranger and free wheeling an M60. More like a Spetsnaz Commando big fish in a small pond. If you hated the original you might like this version.

The problems of life in Russia today is a major feature of the story. The protagonist interacts with the locals and as the story progresses it diverges more and more with the original until it stands on it's own. Because it is a TV series random events are injected in to the series to spice it up a bit and lengthen it.

The filming is quite genuine much of it appearing to be resolved in first takes. I particularly liked the interplay with the horse in Episode 3. I prefer this style as it adds a more human flavor to work that is often missing from overblown, over polished action films these days. Even so the effects are first rate for a TV series even if the budget clearly wasn't huge.

My streaming version had a few artifacts in it that were distracting at times. Not sure if it was the connection or the show itself.

Look for it on Amazon Prime.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Flint - The Russian Rambo

Post by RickOShea » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:38 pm

There's also supposed to be a "Bollywood" Rambo in the making....

Rambo to get Indian remake starring Tiger Shroff

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/21/rambo-i ... er-shroff/

As remakes and reboots remain all the rage, yet another popular property will be brought back from the dead: Rambo.

There’s a slight twist though, as the remake will be a Bollywood production with Tiger Shroff (Baaghi) stepping into the iconic role. The film features the actor and marital artist playing the last surviving member of an elite covert unit of the Indian Armed Forces who returns home to find that his land is in the midst of a war. But when he’s forced into hiding in the jungles and mountains of the Himalayas, he draws on his training to wreak unstoppable destruction onto his enemies.

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Stercutus

Re: Flint - The Russian Rambo

Post by Stercutus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Looks interesting. The Flint mini-series is more like the first movie in overall content, so much so it could be considered a remake.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Return to “Zombie Training Films”