It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Los Infectados (2011)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:13 pm 

So, plot:

Quote:
Revolves around Marcos, a thirty something year old man largely unremarkable but for the fact that he managed to escape an epidemic of the undead sweeping through Mexico City - and, indeed, the world - by taking flight and surviving as best he can in the remote hill country. It is there that he meets and takes up with the oafish Renato, young mother Claudia and her young daughter Zoe. The rules to survive are simple. Leave no trace, make no sound and leave no odors behind. The undead, you see, hunt by sound and smell. And no matter how careful Marcos and his group are, the undead are ranging farther and farther afield looking for food as the population in the city dwindles.

An examination of Mexico, although they don't spend enough time on Mexico specific issues IMO.

This one came really close to being a good low budget film. I assume it was shot in Mexico which is why Marcos is running around with a barrel break air rifle instead of a real gun. If you can overlook that then there is the fatal flaw of the nausea inducing camera work. The camera never stops bouncing around even for shot that would make a lot of sense to be smooth.

Otherwise the acting and story are ok with the writing being a little dry. I'd give it about a 5/10 (in the low budget category).

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+