Jack's Apococlypse

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

Jack's Apococlypse

Post by Stercutus » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:28 am

I don't say this much about "B" movies but I loved this film. I think it has to do with my joy of having complex and flawed characters represented properly. It grabbed me early and made me want to hang on to see how it turned out.

Jack is an overweight, disgraced and disbarred lawyer/ politician who is a poly substance abuser. Jack is suddenly and unexpectedly shoved in to the PAW and saddled with responsibilities that he has grown used to running away from. Jack is mostly just a regular guy with some over sized resources and no skills or special knowledge of how to survive in the world where times become difficult and resources now scare. He falls back on what he knows best to make it through.

There are few special effects and their treatment does not become clear till the end of the film. There is very little violence in the film.

Most of the actors are competent and David Maldonado turns in a respectable performance. Where this moves makes it is in the writing, scripting and the plot line. IMDB has it about 7/10 and I think that is about right.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Re: Jack's Apococlypse

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:26 am

I saw it too and really liked it. You have to watch it to see how Jack deals with the situation, not to learn any survival strategies.

Prepper points for the substance abuser who plans ahead and takes a kilo of Colombian face dranō while bugging out.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:57 am

You gotta admit though when times are bad cocaine will be in very high demand and pre-paw it was worth well North of $30K for only a couple of pounds of goods. The bad news is people will likely be much more inclined to kill you for it when the ROL goes out the window.
Shall be my brother

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:25 am

Is it older or newer than FTWD? Cause it sounds like one of them stole the superhero junkie in the ZPAW idea
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:33 pm

Other than a drug problem he is nothing like Nick.
Shall be my brother

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:03 pm

Watched this last night. This was a damn good movie! I really liked everything about it. I did laugh when he was pulling gummies with the kilo of coke in a backpack.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Return to “Zombie Training Films”