It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jack's Apococlypse
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:28 am 

I don't say this much about "B" movies but I loved this film. I think it has to do with my joy of having complex and flawed characters represented properly. It grabbed me early and made me want to hang on to see how it turned out.

Jack is an overweight, disgraced and disbarred lawyer/ politician who is a poly substance abuser. Jack is suddenly and unexpectedly shoved in to the PAW and saddled with responsibilities that he has grown used to running away from. Jack is mostly just a regular guy with some over sized resources and no skills or special knowledge of how to survive in the world where times become difficult and resources now scare. He falls back on what he knows best to make it through.

There are few special effects and their treatment does not become clear till the end of the film. There is very little violence in the film.

Most of the actors are competent and David Maldonado turns in a respectable performance. Where this moves makes it is in the writing, scripting and the plot line. IMDB has it about 7/10 and I think that is about right.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+