Jericho - Some Spoilers Inside

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Ellie With An Axe
* * * * *
Posts: 3982
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by Ellie With An Axe » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:54 am

Jericho is way too much about politics. The show is not gritty enough for the times.

I'm so over the punk teenaged girl.

Anyone noticed that every second of every episode, there's music playing? Music doesn't have to underscore everything. Sometimes the lack of music in the background is a good thing.

I wasn't sure why Hawkins put the tank on the train tracks, and just didn't just remove part of the rails and keep the tank. Although I kind of think that the military would have given them hell about why they had one, although I know it's not illegal to own one. If Beck was short on tanks, I could seem him taking it.

There didn't seem to be many casualties in the battle, did there? All those bullets and only Mayor Dad bought it.

The girl in the battle with the hunting rifle - who taught her how to hold and fire a rifle? :| Also, worst place ever for a sniper. Put her on a hill way back there and have her take pot shots at their heavy guns and truck tires, so when Newbern finally retreats because of the tank, they have to leave their good equipment behind. This is why Jake shouldn't be running the battles around there, and I should.

Jake's personal vendetta got old about 3 seconds after he got on it. I thought it strange that he spent every episode last season saving the town, and now because his father was killed in battle, where pretty much anyone who's there has fair odds of being killed, he's ready to start a tit for tat town feud that will end up involving everyone.

User avatar
doc66
* * * * *
Posts: 5710
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Back home in Tennessee
Contact:

Post by doc66 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:07 am

Ellie With An Axe wrote:Jericho is way too much about politics. The show is not gritty enough for the times.

I'm so over the punk teenaged girl.

Anyone noticed that every second of every episode, there's music playing? Music doesn't have to underscore everything. Sometimes the lack of music in the background is a good thing.

I wasn't sure why Hawkins put the tank on the train tracks, and just didn't just remove part of the rails and keep the tank. Although I kind of think that the military would have given them hell about why they had one, although I know it's not illegal to own one. If Beck was short on tanks, I could seem him taking it.

There didn't seem to be many casualties in the battle, did there? All those bullets and only Mayor Dad bought it.

The girl in the battle with the hunting rifle - who taught her how to hold and fire a rifle? :| Also, worst place ever for a sniper. Put her on a hill way back there and have her take pot shots at their heavy guns and truck tires, so when Newbern finally retreats because of the tank, they have to leave their good equipment behind. This is why Jake shouldn't be running the battles around there, and I should.

Jake's personal vendetta got old about 3 seconds after he got on it. I thought it strange that he spent every episode last season saving the town, and now because his father was killed in battle, where pretty much anyone who's there has fair odds of being killed, he's ready to start a tit for tat town feud that will end up involving everyone.

Hehe.

When I was handed the first season discs, I was told, "okay, some of this will be really questionable and you'll ask WTF?, but it's a good show."

It's is a good show. I still go WTF?, but then I do that with lots of shows I like. Shorty and I looka t each other all the time and asy, "why di dthey do that? That was stupid."I agree about the tank. Totally. I even said the exact same thing you did previously (I think it was on ZS).

As Mel Gibson said about his "historical" movies. They're not. It's Hollywood. If you want historical TV, watch PBS, The History Channel et al. It applies to this as well. The hope, from the comentaries I've been able to see and listen to/read, have been if it makes people think and be prepared, than the job was done.

Doc
Image
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
CLEAR CUT
* * * * *
Posts: 6864
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: In a bunker with dick cheney

Post by CLEAR CUT » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:46 pm

I liked it. I can't wait for the rest of the season.

I think that the show isn't gritty enough because of the contraints of network tv. I mentioned in the chat several times that I almost wish that this show were on HBO or Showtime because there would be more leeway to tell a more adult oriented story.

As for the episode itself, there was a pretty hefty body count. I can't recall the exact numbers and for that I'd need to rewatch it. I do recall one of those Warthogs sweeping in carpetbombing Newbern's entire line.

I remember the major running down the numbers for jake when he and constantino were being held in stanley's house.

The military also confiscated(the major's exact wording) much of jericho's weaponry. My guess is that if the town was still in possession of the tank, it would've been confiscated too.

Now for the soap opera-ish aspects, I think a show like this is going to have some soap opera-like qualities. You can see how they're setting up a love triangle possibly between jake, emily, and heather. And, if you really think hard about it, life is somewhat of a soap opera anyway. There's loves and losses and some ending up having more drama than others.

I also think Jake's vendetta is within the character. Throughout the first season I have come to see Jake having a "code". So far, he's stayed true to that. I think Constantino is going to be a thorn in Jake's side for the near future. And now that Jake is the new sheriff, he can't really go around murdering people. Or can he?

All in all I think that Jericho is one of the better shows on network tv. I hope it gets picked up for some more episodes. Now that sciffy was playing episodes from the first season, maybe there's hope even if cbs pulls the plug.
The greatest mask of all is not wearing one.
You can't tarnish a rusted blade.
Image
Image
Zoltan wrote:Chimps are fucking dangerous
Don't ever forget your DBP's!

Ellie With An Axe
* * * * *
Posts: 3982
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by Ellie With An Axe » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:39 pm

Someone I know said that show Cashmere Mafia was "just a bunch of serial relationships and no character evolution." (to which I agree, it's a sucky show and a waste of Lucy Liu!) And when she said that, I had an 'aha!' moment about Jericho. I couldn't put my finger on what exactly seemed weird about Jericho, a show that's supposed to be about the PAW, aside from the fact that it's on CBS, the most conservative (as in, less daring, more cautious) of the "Big Three" network stations in the US, and I didn't think the writing was that adventurous. I don't think Jericho is quite too relationshippy, although to me it's leaning towards that way, but there isn't as much character evolution. Jake even devolved some in the last ep. Oh well. I'm interested in finding out how the next episodes go so I'll be watching.

As for the body count, yeah, there was talk of casualties, but nobody really was shown hurt. That's what I was talking about. You'd think with hundreds or thousands of bullets flying in what Beck called the biggest skirmish he's seen in months, there would be wounded and dead everywhere, people shown getting shot, and so on. But then I remember it's CBS, and they stray away from the sax and violins kind of stuff.

I would LOVE for this show to be on a premium channel! It would probably kick serious ass if so. They could explore a lot of the darker things that go on and have no stupid censors to worry about. Even if it was just on cable, they'd have more freedom to let loose. Heck, even on ABC or NBC, they'd be able to let loose. I think most of my gripe is about CBS and how the show feels restrained.

Anyway, I have a lot of other interesting opinions about Jericho, but I think they're probably best saved for someplace like TWoP. ;)

User avatar
CLEAR CUT
* * * * *
Posts: 6864
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: In a bunker with dick cheney

Post by CLEAR CUT » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:54 pm

I've seen several commercials and it seems like Sciffy is going to be playing episodes from the first season on Mondays at 9:00pm central.
The greatest mask of all is not wearing one.
You can't tarnish a rusted blade.
Image
Image
Zoltan wrote:Chimps are fucking dangerous
Don't ever forget your DBP's!

User avatar
doc66
* * * * *
Posts: 5710
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Back home in Tennessee
Contact:

Post by doc66 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:25 am

Com'on. This episode sucked and had no purpose. I hope they pull their collective asses out of their heads long enough to get the show on track. All though, I have to wonder about where they are going with the military in this.. can you say coup?

I hope so, It would make for a better show.

Doc
Image
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
OhioMe
* * * * *
Posts: 1431
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:41 am
Location: Western Pennsylvania

Post by OhioMe » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:31 am

Aren't there only 4 more episodes left?
German Serial Killer Who Hacks Heads Off Rabbits Uses Google Earth to Find Victims
DavePAL84 wrote:If you guys bring an old t-shirt or two each it would also be beneficial (maybe something you don't mind being perforated with bullets and then thrown out?)
BeerandGuns wrote:.25 ACP. It took down Zombie Reaper and he's a bad a** motherf****r

User avatar
doc66
* * * * *
Posts: 5710
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Back home in Tennessee
Contact:

Post by doc66 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 am

That's what I hear. That's why they need to get moving or they've fucked the whole show IMHO.

Doc
Image
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
bingo 7
* * *
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:22 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead
Location: Springfield, MO

Post by bingo 7 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:34 pm

I thought this episode was better than the first one of this season. Hopefully they will continue to improve things.

User avatar
thorian
* * * * *
Posts: 4544
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:27 am
Location: Outside of Columbia MO
Contact:

Post by thorian » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:09 pm

I think that all last nights episode did was move the plot forward simalar to a couple last season but yes it was pretty weak.

Hawkins got the nuke plot moving a little
Jake sees more of the rabbit hole
The conspiracy gets a little deeper.
Ravenwood makes another appearance

it is all just a setup for next week.
VOL FF 1 & 2, EMT-B, Hazmat Ops, Vehicle Extrication Technician, High angle rescue technician, and that is just the hobby...

User avatar
CLEAR CUT
* * * * *
Posts: 6864
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: In a bunker with dick cheney

Post by CLEAR CUT » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:39 pm

Looks like a revolt is in the brewing.

Here's how I think it will all play out. There will be a final battle between this new government/Ravenwood stooges Vs. the army, and the citizens of Jericho and Newbern.

During the final battle, Constantino will save Jake or Eric's life by taking a bullet meant for one of them. While he dies and the battle rages on around them Constantino will mutter something like, "I wish it didn't have to end like this" or "I'm sorry your father bought the farm, I never wanted that to happen" and then he'll die.
The greatest mask of all is not wearing one.
You can't tarnish a rusted blade.
Image
Image
Zoltan wrote:Chimps are fucking dangerous
Don't ever forget your DBP's!

User avatar
velojym
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2823
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Location: Alabama

Post by velojym » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:53 pm

There was the "boxcar" file he couldn't get into. I think there's a lot more to this.

...remember Bock's Car?
methinks it's a plan to deal with towns that don't fall in line. That or maybe a plan to nuke something in the east.
Wouldn't it be great if all wars could be fought just by the assholes who started them?
-The Postman

User avatar
zXzGrifterzXz
* * * * *
Posts: 6922
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:17 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.
Location: Bensalem, PA

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:55 pm

velojym wrote:There was the "boxcar" file he couldn't get into. I think there's a lot more to this.

...remember Bock's Car?
methinks it's a plan to deal with towns that don't fall in line. That or maybe a plan to nuke something in the east.
It might have something to do with the virus Jake was talking about with the reporter.
-NREMT - EMT
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

User avatar
MICKPORNO
* * * * *
Posts: 1480
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:22 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
Location: VIRGINIA
Contact:

Post by MICKPORNO » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:56 pm

the morse code at the beginning of last nights episode was "J&R RAN BOXCAR"...
MICK PORNO - VA.

LEAD ME NOT INTO TEMPTATION, FOR I AM A FREQUENT FLYER!

User avatar
doc66
* * * * *
Posts: 5710
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Back home in Tennessee
Contact:

Post by doc66 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:04 pm

CLEAR CUT wrote:Looks like a revolt is in the brewing.

Here's how I think it will all play out. There will be a final battle between this new government/Ravenwood stooges Vs. the army, and the citizens of Jericho and Newbern.

During the final battle, Constantino will save Jake or Eric's life by taking a bullet meant for one of them. While he dies and the battle rages on around them Constantino will mutter something like, "I wish it didn't have to end like this" or "I'm sorry your father bought the farm, I never wanted that to happen" and then he'll die.
SPOILERS? YOU BASTARD!

Oh they were guesses.

Sorry about that.

Doc
Image
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
bingo 7
* * *
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:22 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead
Location: Springfield, MO

Post by bingo 7 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:08 pm

Box rhymes with Pox.

User avatar
MICKPORNO
* * * * *
Posts: 1480
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:22 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
Location: VIRGINIA
Contact:

Post by MICKPORNO » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:16 pm

bingo 7 wrote:Box rhymes with Pox.
and you know what they say about THAT!!!
MICK PORNO - VA.

LEAD ME NOT INTO TEMPTATION, FOR I AM A FREQUENT FLYER!

User avatar
velojym
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2823
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Location: Alabama

Post by velojym » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:34 pm

zXzGrifterzXz wrote:
velojym wrote:There was the "boxcar" file he couldn't get into. I think there's a lot more to this.

...remember Bock's Car?
methinks it's a plan to deal with towns that don't fall in line. That or maybe a plan to nuke something in the east.
It might have something to do with the virus Jake was talking about with the reporter.
Watching it the second time (On Demand rocks when they actually have something I like), I noticed the remark about the Baby Blues ruling the Mississippi. So, now we're down to four gangs running the country: Cheyenne, Ohio (the "old Fed"), Texas, and the UN with their easily targeted blue helmets.
Wouldn't it be great if all wars could be fought just by the assholes who started them?
-The Postman

User avatar
CLEAR CUT
* * * * *
Posts: 6864
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: In a bunker with dick cheney

Post by CLEAR CUT » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:26 pm

doc66 wrote:
CLEAR CUT wrote:Looks like a revolt is in the brewing.

Here's how I think it will all play out. There will be a final battle between this new government/Ravenwood stooges Vs. the army, and the citizens of Jericho and Newbern.

During the final battle, Constantino will save Jake or Eric's life by taking a bullet meant for one of them. While he dies and the battle rages on around them Constantino will mutter something like, "I wish it didn't have to end like this" or "I'm sorry your father bought the farm, I never wanted that to happen" and then he'll die.
SPOILERS? YOU BASTARD!

Oh they were guesses.

Sorry about that.

Doc
You liked that, huh?

Don't sweat it, I've got more.

I think Jonah(james remar) is going to figure into these upcoming episodes. Jake and Hawkins are going to need help moving that nuke. I also believe he will give his blessing to Jake and Emily's being together. And He's going to say something like, "You look happy, Emily. I always knew you two were meant for each other."

Jake's going to waste that Ravenwood stooge(DB Sweeney), Dale and Skyler will have a child and we'll discover Skyler's mom and dad are still alive. Grey Anderson will sell out, but he'll see the error of his ways. Oh, it's too late though and he'll get wasted too. Mimi will be instrumental as will Hawkin's wife in getting dirt on J&R.
The greatest mask of all is not wearing one.
You can't tarnish a rusted blade.
Image
Image
Zoltan wrote:Chimps are fucking dangerous
Don't ever forget your DBP's!

User avatar
Murph
* * * * *
Posts: 5771
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:46 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Post by Murph » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:37 pm

All I can see is more and more bad guys, and less and less good guys.

My conspiracy-fu is weak.
Does your BOB at least have: water, basic tools, fire, food, first-aid kit, and shelter?
"When planning, prepare for the most likely, and then the most catastrophic."
raptor wrote: Being a gun collector does not make you a prepper.
the_alias wrote: Murph has all the diplomacy of a North Korean warhead, but -he has- a valid point

User avatar
zXzGrifterzXz
* * * * *
Posts: 6922
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:17 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.
Location: Bensalem, PA

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:51 pm

CLEAR CUT wrote:I think Jonah(james remar) is going to figure into these upcoming episodes. Jake and Hawkins are going to need help moving that nuke. I also believe he will give his blessing to Jake and Emily's being together. And He's going to say something like, "You look happy, Emily. I always knew you two were meant for each other."
You bring up a good point about Jonah. In the last two episodes, the show has been very silent about his "survivalist compound" outside of town. I can't see the Army being too keen on him and his guys. I wonder how this will factor into the new storyline.
-NREMT - EMT
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

solliz
* * *
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:47 pm
Location: St. Joseph, MO
Contact:

Post by solliz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:32 pm

zXzGrifterzXz wrote:
CLEAR CUT wrote:I think Jonah(james remar) is going to figure into these upcoming episodes. Jake and Hawkins are going to need help moving that nuke. I also believe he will give his blessing to Jake and Emily's being together. And He's going to say something like, "You look happy, Emily. I always knew you two were meant for each other."
You bring up a good point about Jonah. In the last two episodes, the show has been very silent about his "survivalist compound" outside of town. I can't see the Army being too keen on him and his guys. I wonder how this will factor into the new storyline.
Don't forget that Emily was on a terrorist watch list because of her father. I think that that sums up the Cheyenne's take on Jonah. Anyone else think that the head Army guy is going to end up helping Hawkins and Jake?

User avatar
phoenixmastm
* * * * *
Posts: 4436
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:26 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Land of the Dead, Undead, 28 weeks later.
Location: Chicago (again...)
Contact:

Post by phoenixmastm » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:02 pm

zXzGrifterzXz wrote:
CLEAR CUT wrote:I think Jonah(james remar) is going to figure into these upcoming episodes. Jake and Hawkins are going to need help moving that nuke. I also believe he will give his blessing to Jake and Emily's being together. And He's going to say something like, "You look happy, Emily. I always knew you two were meant for each other."
You bring up a good point about Jonah. In the last two episodes, the show has been very silent about his "survivalist compound" outside of town. I can't see the Army being too keen on him and his guys. I wonder how this will factor into the new storyline.
I also have another question...is he still the leader of said compound? Or is he permanently gone thanks to Mitch?

And how, since Mitch is dead, will they react to the military being involved?

Things are gonna become very interesting in Jericho. :D
Up onto the overturned keel
Clamber, with a heart of steel
Cold is the ocean spray
And your death is on it's way
With maidens you've had your way
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

User avatar
zXzGrifterzXz
* * * * *
Posts: 6922
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:17 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.
Location: Bensalem, PA

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:17 pm

phoenixmastm wrote:I also have another question...is he still the leader of said compound? Or is he permanently gone thanks to Mitch?
Judging from the second to last episode from last season I assumed he was back in as leader of the guys in the compound. He had a whole crew with him when they attacked the New Bern mortar nest.
-NREMT - EMT
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

Post Reply

Return to “Zombie Training Films”