The Expanse; Syfy Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

SCBrian

Re: The Expanse; Syfy Series

Post by SCBrian » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:13 pm

Still get a laugh at his hair, hat on, he looks like part of the "Rat Pack" and he's heading to a show to sing. Hat off and all I can think of is this guy: :lol:

I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:18 pm

When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:20 am

Ok, this turned out to be everything I had hoped for from Syfy. Well done guys.

Bring on season 2! Sadly, it looks like we have to wait for 2017.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Re: TI used the series an overall a greatI used the series a

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:49 am

I give the series and overall grade of a a. But I thought the finale was more of a B plus. Shop a little too dark. And I don't like how this alien organism was behaving.

I will also have to rewatch it on line for the things I missed. Especially the whole flashback.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:03 am

Read the books as they came out, became a big fan. Character appearances and mannerisms are different than my own personal imaginings, but that's life.

One thing that kinda stuck in my craw though was how they imagined Eros. From the book I imagined Eros to be a kinda dingier version of Las Vegas, all glittery and loud but when you look past that you see the cracks in the fake facade.

The SyFy Eros looked more like a penal colony, certainly not some place I'd wanna spend my hard-earned credits from rock hopping the Belt.

All in all I did enjoy what I watched, and I'll be sure to check back in when it's the new season.

-urban
"When under imminent Predator attack, try to act all Thalidomide-y till they go away".-me
3%

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by DJH » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:14 am

URBAN ASSAULT wrote:Read the books as they came out, became a big fan. Character appearances and mannerisms are different than my own personal imaginings, but that's life.

One thing that kinda stuck in my craw though was how they imagined Eros. From the book I imagined Eros to be a kinda dingier version of Las Vegas, all glittery and loud but when you look past that you see the cracks in the fake facade.

The SyFy Eros looked more like a penal colony, certainly not some place I'd wanna spend my hard-earned credits from rock hopping the Belt.

All in all I did enjoy what I watched, and I'll be sure to check back in when it's the new season.

-urban
I was a little disappointed with Eros as well, but I thought that the actor playing Amos nailed his character. He got better and better every episode IMHO.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:50 pm

I was wondering how similar The Expanse opening credits reminded me of Game of Thrones. Apparently not an accident. http://www.vox.com/2016/2/4/10912274/th ... -magicians
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:53 am

I'll have to check this out!

I really enjoyed Dark Matter--it really scratched my "Firefly" itch like nothing since.

Is this show on Netflix yet?
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Kelvar wrote:I'll have to check this out!

I really enjoyed Dark Matter--it really scratched my "Firefly" itch like nothing since.

Is this show on Netflix yet?
I said the exact same thing about Dark Matter, it was hard keeping Dark Matter, Expanse, and another show I was watching separate.

I watched the last 2 episodes of The Expanse last night, horrible mistake watching them on demand. The 2 hour season finale was about an hour of commercials, was not impressed with that. On a different note about SyFy, they look to be knocking it out of the park with upcoming shows. Hoping they keep it up and move away from the B horror movies.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Just noticed season 2 is now free on Amazon. I think season 3 is supposed to start the end of this month or the beginning of March.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:39 am

Looks like season 3 will start on April 11.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:47 pm

YAY! cannot wait! Might binge Season 1 & 2 before April
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu May 17, 2018 12:17 am

Damn, I really like this show. And this season has been excellent so far...

‘The Expanse’ To End On Syfy With Season 3, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere By Alcon

The current third season of The Expanse will be the space drama’s last one on Syfy. The cable network has decided not to renew the show for a fourth season, with the last episode slated to air in early July. Alcon Television Group, which fully finances and produces the critically praised series, plans to shop it to other buyers.

“The Expanse transported us across the solar system for three brilliant seasons of television,” said Chris McCumber, President, Entertainment Networks for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. “Everyone at Syfy is a massive fan of the series, and this was an incredibly difficult decision. We want to sincerely thank The Expanse’s amazing cast, crew and all the dedicated creatives who helped bring James S.A. Corey’s story to life. And to the series’ loyal fans, we thank you most of all.”

*More at link.

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Fri May 18, 2018 6:40 pm

RickOShea wrote:Damn, I really like this show. And this season has been excellent so far...

‘The Expanse’ To End On Syfy With Season 3, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere By Alcon

You know, I'm highly critical of Fox and how they make bad choices, but I said to myself the other day "wow, that was a good choice" for something Fox did. (Honestly cant remember).
It appears the reason they made a good choice is they sent their idiots to NBC universal/SyFy.
I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:41 pm

Cool, cool, cool....

‘The Expanse’ Moves to Amazon for Season 4

“The Expanse” has officially been picked up at Amazon for a fourth season. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos made the announcement at the National Space Society’s International Space Development Conference in Los Angeles Friday night.

“The Expanse” is currently airing its third season on Syfy, with the cable networking having cancelled the series earlier this month. Shortly after it was cancelled, it was reported that Amazon was in talks to continue the series, which is produced and fully financed by Alcon Television Group.

“We couldn’t be more excited that ‘The Expanse’ is going to continue on Amazon Prime,” said Alcon Entertainment co-founders and co-CEOs Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson. “We are deeply grateful that Jeff Bezos, Jen Salke, and their team at Amazon have shown such faith in our show. We also want to thank Laura Lancaster, head of Alcon Television for her tireless efforts. We are fully aware that this wouldn’t have been possible if it wasn’t for the staggering outpouring of support from the most creative, hardest working sci-fi fans around the world. From reddit campaigns to airplanes, we say thank you. It worked!”

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:08 am

My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”