Ash vs. Evil Dead TV series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Ash vs. Evil Dead TV series

Post by dogbane » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:55 pm

The Chin is coming back to TV in his greatest movie role ever.

I am the undisputed creator of the zombie tornado. (High Ground series now available)

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Re: Ash vs. Evil Dead TV series

Post by ineffableone » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:21 pm

I am so looking forward to this. It will make for a perfect Halloween to have this to watch.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:46 am

Looks like I'll have to be visiting mom on days this plays. Don't have starz at my house and it looks good. Really really excited!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Sun Yeti
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zomblies (no, that's not a typo)

Post by Sun Yeti » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:52 am

There's been a whole bunch of crappy reboots, sequels etc. in this genre lately; I think this might make up for all of them. This actually makes me wish I had cable!
The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” -Isaac Asimov

LowKey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)

Post by LowKey » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:55 pm

“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:04 pm

Saw this, looking forward to it!!
WWSD?

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:12 pm

Saw this, looking forward to it!!
WWSD?

Storm Crow
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead re-make

Post by Storm Crow » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:53 am

This actually looks like it will be good. Groovy indeed! :clap:
Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization.

Forged blades: http://www.helmforge.com

Stock removal blades: http://www.helmgrind.com

The Wasteland Crow Project: http://wastelandcrow.blogspot.com

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:35 am

Watched the pilot last night. Funny stuff lol. I like how ash is still working for the same department store ( enven tho it's not s Mart) for 30 years. He's just a bumbling idiot who's the only one capable of stopping evil.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Off to a good start. Rami and Bruce still making a good team.

My only complaint, it wasn't long enough. I was just getting into the story and it was over. Though I guess they did need to sort of do a bit of story set up etc for the folks who hadn't seen the movies. Still though, a decent set up and intro into the Evil Dead world for those who might not have seen the original story. With enough new stuff for us who have seen the movies to still enjoy.

Ash going off to the bar and using his wooden hand to pick up desperate women at last call was just too funny and too typical of Ash.

It will be interesting to see how the cop and the two kids integrate with Ash as things progress. As we all know he isn't really the best at team work and working well with others.

Over all good premier, though I wish it had been a double episode intro to give us a little more.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:03 am

ineffableone wrote:Off to a good start. Rami and Bruce still making a good team.

My only complaint, it wasn't long enough. I was just getting into the story and it was over. Though I guess they did need to sort of do a bit of story set up etc for the folks who hadn't seen the movies. Still though, a decent set up and intro into the Evil Dead world for those who might not have seen the original story. With enough new stuff for us who have seen the movies to still enjoy.

Ash going off to the bar and using his wooden hand to pick up desperate women at last call was just too funny and too typical of Ash.

It will be interesting to see how the cop and the two kids integrate with Ash as things progress. As we all know he isn't really the best at team work and working well with others.

Over all good premier, though I wish it had been a double episode intro to give us a little more.

I laughed hard when Ash went back and"finished" with the bar fly.

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:14 am

So 3 episodes in now, and the only complaint I have is the episodes just aren't long enough. I think when rewatching later and I can binge watch a season then it will be really great, but a 30 min show just is not enough time to really do this story justice. Your just getting into it and the episode ends. Making you have to wait a week for the next part. This really should have been an 1hr long show.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

JerryOnly
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead, ahhh zombies, omega man

Post by JerryOnly » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:13 pm

Yes longer episodes please!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
HorrorBusiness

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:19 pm

It is getting funnier. Not quite up to the original but it is working up some steam.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Chicago Zombie
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The only bad zombie movie is an unwatched zombie movie...(& American Zombie, Dead Country, Zombiez, Dead Clowns....)

Post by Chicago Zombie » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:29 am

Ash vs. Evil Dead is now on Netflix.
ZSC:020 Chapter Officer. IL, WI, or IN resident? Please stop by the ZSC:020 Chicagoland Forum!
CERT & RACES member.
ZS Hall of Fame!
ZS Wiki
Free Prepper Ebooks
May is Ehlers Danlos Syndrome awareness month!
"You can't always decide what happens to you, but you can decide how you react."

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:14 am

Chicago Zombie wrote:Ash vs. Evil Dead is now on Netflix.
:clap: :awesome:
I am the undisputed creator of the zombie tornado. (High Ground series now available)

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:55 pm

So I have to admit, I've never seen the Evil Dead movies.
But I saw Ash Vs. Evil Dead pop up in my Netflix feed, is it good enough to watch?
Need a new series to watch when the wife is still sleeping, she's currently watching Punisher with me and wouldn't forgive me if I watched it without her.

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:50 pm

Was sick this weekend, so it was a lay on the couch and try not to cough my brains out.

So I watched season one of Ash Vs Evil Dead :clap:
Enjoyed it, fun and full of nonsense to make me laugh.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”