Fear The Walking Dead

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8662
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:39 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by flybynight » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:11 pm

My favorite scene from last nights episode

As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Hokicake
BANNED
Posts: 499
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:36 pm
Location: VA

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by Hokicake » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:55 pm

wuts this show!

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8662
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Hokicake wrote:wuts this show!
West coast Walking Dead. :clownshoes:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Hokicake
BANNED
Posts: 499
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:36 pm
Location: VA

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by Hokicake » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:52 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmmm is this better than the walking dead?

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6443
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:11 pm

It's worse, actually.

I watched one episode of the first season and at the end I was rooting for the zombies instead of the survivors.

Hokicake
BANNED
Posts: 499
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:36 pm
Location: VA

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by Hokicake » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:15 pm

FROM THE LOOKS OF IT THE ZOMIES IN THIS SHOW LOOK HOT, IN THE WALKING DEAD SHOW THEY LOOK UGLY AND DEAD

User avatar
dogbane
* * * * *
Posts: 14372
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:44 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones
Location: Dogbane Patch, Carolina Piedmont

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by dogbane » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:36 pm

Do they not have Fear the Walking Dead available in your local Shanghai pirated DVD kiosk?
I am the undisputed creator of the zombie tornado. (High Ground series now available)

Hokicake
BANNED
Posts: 499
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:36 pm
Location: VA

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by Hokicake » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:40 pm

I wouldn't even bother with that stuff. It's on Kodi or you can download it from a torrent site.

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12249
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by Stercutus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:00 pm

flybynight wrote:My favorite scene from last nights episode
Just watched it. My favorite was the "Governor like" marksman knocking them down with aimed shots and no eye. That takes skill.

Ah, and we had people in uniform again. Goes without saying that they are all douchebags. Gotta love the consistency in the show. I guess I will record and watch it on a day when I am bed ridden and doped up. It might make sense then. Or, maybe just get rid of cable.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12249
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by Stercutus » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:21 pm

Ah crap just realized it was two hours. WTF? They don't even make the original two hours long.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by flybynight » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Stercutus wrote:Ah crap just realized it was two hours. WTF? They don't even make the original two hours long.
HAHAHA DID YOU THINK YOUR SINS WOULD GO UNPUNISHED ??? :twisted:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8662
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Daniel is still kickin'....now where is Ofelia, with the bunch that took-out the helo and Outpost Alpha?Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
Hiroshima_Morphine
* * * * *
Posts: 1331
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:19 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Gone With The Wind - wait maybe I just felt
like a zombie after watching it for the 100th time as a kid.
Location: Southern Appalachia
Contact:

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by Hiroshima_Morphine » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:05 am

RickOShea wrote:Daniel is still kickin'....now where is Ofelia, with the bunch that took-out the helo and Outpost Alpha?Image
That's what I expect/suspect.

ETA: did/does anyone else take umbrage with their depiction of people who prepare?
Commies to the left of me, Nazis to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle... with you?

Twitter: @AnonymityGone
Website: AnonymityGone.WordPress.Com

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12249
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by Stercutus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Hiroshima_Morphine wrote:
RickOShea wrote:Daniel is still kickin'....now where is Ofelia, with the bunch that took-out the helo and Outpost Alpha?Image
That's what I expect/suspect.

ETA: did/does anyone else take umbrage with their depiction of people who prepare?
Actually I really liked that episode. First time in... ever?

The group leader is just smarmy enough to be a good fit for those who like to exploit preppers with the sale of their "survival kits" that are often over priced junky items you could find other places for a lot less and spinning a false line of old timey religion to roll along with it. If you have not met the type yet I'd venture you are leading a sheltered life. Still, he seems to at least be a greater part of believer than a huckster if his basement is any guide.

The series is holding consistent with it's theme of moral relativism. There are no really good guys and no really bad guys, just people doing stuff. A lot of the stuff is the fallback (as I wrote last year) to being able to justify nearly any action personally as to the belief of doing "good or necessary to survive".

It is still not nearly as good as the original but it seems to be making a new exploration and has made me curious again. It will be fun to see the well resourced preppers/ survival group get taken apart from within and without in short order. The other consistency with this show (and the other) is that meeting the protagonists is extremely bad for your health.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

User avatar
Hiroshima_Morphine
* * * * *
Posts: 1331
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:19 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Gone With The Wind - wait maybe I just felt
like a zombie after watching it for the 100th time as a kid.
Location: Southern Appalachia
Contact:

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by Hiroshima_Morphine » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:15 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Hiroshima_Morphine wrote:
RickOShea wrote:Daniel is still kickin'....now where is Ofelia, with the bunch that took-out the helo and Outpost Alpha?Image
That's what I expect/suspect.

ETA: did/does anyone else take umbrage with their depiction of people who prepare?
Actually I really liked that episode. First time in... ever?

The group leader is just smarmy enough to be a good fit for those who like to exploit preppers with the sale of their "survival kits" that are often over priced junky items you could find other places for a lot less and spinning a false line of old timey religion to roll along with it. If you have not met the type yet I'd venture you are leading a sheltered life. Still, he seems to at least be a greater part of believer than a huckster if his basement is any guide.

The series is holding consistent with it's theme of moral relativism. There are no really good guys and no really bad guys, just people doing stuff. A lot of the stuff is the fallback (as I wrote last year) to being able to justify nearly any action personally as to the belief of doing "good or necessary to survive".

It is still not nearly as good as the original but it seems to be making a new exploration and has made me curious again. It will be fun to see the well resourced preppers/ survival group get taken apart from within and without in short order. The other consistency with this show (and the other) is that meeting the protagonists is extremely bad for your health.
I wasn't referring to the salesman (Jericho Otto)- he is an interesting character. He seems to genuinely want to help people, even if he was a bit of a huckster in his younger days.

I was referring to the members of his group implying (or outright saying) - 'you people are less than human because you didn't prep. You don't deserve to be here.'

It will be interesting to see where the story goes from here.

Bad thing about me, personally. Is I get 'invested' in a show early, and even if it quickly turns to absolute shit I feel obligated to myself yo see where it goes.

I will agree that this was one of the better episodes, though.
Commies to the left of me, Nazis to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle... with you?

Twitter: @AnonymityGone
Website: AnonymityGone.WordPress.Com

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12249
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by Stercutus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:25 pm

I think resentment is a very human reaction.

They are doing the prodigal son here.

Would everyone feel that way? No, and I don't think the show indicates that. But some certainly would, maybe even those that worked hardest and sacrificed the most.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

User avatar
FordGuy2001
* * * * *
Posts: 2918
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:35 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn 04. Resident Evil Films. Zombieland.
Location: Texarkana, Texas

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by FordGuy2001 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:13 pm

I recorded the first 2 episodes of this season and finally started to watch them on my lunch hour yesterday. I made it about 20 minutes in, maybe 25 and promptly deleted them and my recording timer. As far as I'm concerned, they all died right there in those 2 rooms.
Fleet # ZS0021
shrapnel wrote: Pancakes, our cat, is more of a badass than any of the humans in the house.
raptor wrote:
America even in the midst of a recession is a nation of plenty; we should not allow children to go hungry.

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8662
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:19 pm

FordGuy2001 wrote:I recorded the first 2 episodes of this season and finally started to watch them on my lunch hour yesterday. I made it about 20 minutes in, maybe 25 and promptly deleted them and my recording timer. As far as I'm concerned, they all died right there in those 2 rooms.
Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by flybynight » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:52 pm

Image

Image

Image
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8662
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:06 pm

Sombra Negra.Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 8662
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:11 pm

flybynight wrote:Image

Image

Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12249
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by Stercutus » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:12 am

We were doing so well until one of the leaders with torn up feet was able to sneak out of camp, hunt down a group of armed people that left no trace of where they went, kill them and return to camp in a few minutes without being noticed.

Image
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by flybynight » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Image
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Post Reply

Return to “Zombie Training Films”