Fear The Walking Dead

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

NamelessStain

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by NamelessStain » Tue May 24, 2016 5:26 am

The only reason I was still watching it was for Ruben Blades. Guess I can stop recording it now since on TTD they did interviews about the scene and one guy called the pyro-party "Daniel's Demise".
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Tue May 24, 2016 9:55 am

Looks like Nick may be the first wisperer. Wonder if there be a crossover between the two shows with him. That's a long ways to walk for him to run into Ricks group.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue May 24, 2016 10:32 am

Halfapint wrote:
Stercutus wrote:I think the reason I could not get into the show was because every major character had issues and hangups

We have:
- A junkie - in a country with a MAJOR heron epidemic, not to mention meth and other drugs. Doesn't seem far fetched. 1.6%
- A guy with PTSD Hallucinations (again borrowed) - In a country with tons of veterans, not that uncommon. 7.8%- once in their lifetime
- At least two people with control issues - Have you ever worked with the public? LOL I deal with dozens that have control issues every day, and they all suck at leadership. 9%
- Whatever the hell Chris has - got me there Spoiled Braticus Asshaticus
- Several with dangerous delusions - We are on a board prepping for zombies...... <1%
- Homosexual - <2%
- Below average IQ >80% of these characters

The only thing missing is hysteria and Tourettes [.3%]. They should not have made it as far as they did [don't forget they had no problem leaving the gate open when they left their neighborhood, leaving all their neighbors unsecured and unaware = negligent homicide]. With me it will be no farther.

I dunno the timeline issues is just sloppy writing, but I honestly think the writers have no idea how long things take. It is mindless entertainment, and it's good for that. I mean we've put up with team shit magnet for how many seasons? When they've fumbled and stumbled and failed in damn near everything. I'll continue watching, but it's not a priority. I watch GoT and Silicon Valley first, then if I'm still not tired I put on FTWD.
Yeah, I don't think [even in Kalifornia] having 100% of your protagonist group made up from the one percenters is realistic or a suspension of disbelief, especially when you don't like 95% of the characters because they're stupid and not because of their issues, and just want to sit them down and smarten them up into an average IQ. It's called an average IQ for a reason people [FTWD writers]

BTW they left their 'bag o' guns'. :gonk: 2 AR's, an MP5, and couple of HG's. At least Travis picked up a Mora [but forgot his shoes] on his way to the intervention. At this rate they left the Abigail unlocked and the keys in the ignition. ooops.

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:45 am

Knock Knock Knock???

Anyone home????

Over 30 days and not even a bad comment about the show. Is it still on?

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:43 pm

The interwebz tells me it is on mid-season break and will return for two more episodes in August. Didn't make it past, I think, episode 2 of Season 2 before I said, "Fuck this show. I don't have time for this crap."
I am the undisputed creator of the zombie tornado. (High Ground series now available)

designerchick

Post by designerchick » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:23 pm

Yeah it's on break. It should stay there. Permanently. :?

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:08 am

I don't see how that mess is salvageable. The ratings have gone steady South since the premiere. The writing is complete nonsense.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

FordGuy2001
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn 04. Resident Evil Films. Zombieland.

Post by FordGuy2001 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:47 am

Did anybody else submit themselves to that misery last night?
Fleet # ZS0021
shrapnel wrote: Pancakes, our cat, is more of a badass than any of the humans in the house.
raptor wrote:
America even in the midst of a recession is a nation of plenty; we should not allow children to go hungry.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:24 am

Favorite episode so far. Nobody was in it. :clap:
Shall be my brother

Iowa_guy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Iowa_guy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:34 pm

I will say last nights episode may have shown the truest example of survival from either FTWD or TWD. Glad the cactus did not work out for him.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:45 am

Finally got to watch the episode, my dvr file was corrupt. Actually really liked this one. I've always thought that 3rd world countries would probably fair the best, Mexico may actually fair pretty well. People are used to living with less, so seeing that little town reminds me of what I've thought about while traveling/living in Mexico.

Other than that, a woman with a bat isn't all that scary... Sure bats hurt but when food/water is 2 feet away. Don't take your eyes off, and if she continues move in close. A bat is only good at the end, so if you get close its worthless.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Mack63
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Resident Evil, Dead Snow; Red vs Dead, TWD, Z Nation

Post by Mack63 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:27 pm

I predict that Nick will be honored by becoming the next sacrifice, but will avoid it by making a midnight escape back to Momma.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:38 pm

Mack63 wrote:I predict that Nick will be honored by becoming the next sacrifice, but will avoid it by making a midnight escape back to Momma.
Why did they sacrifice a perfectly good/healthy person, when there is that guy in the wheelchair, that the Doc is pumping full of placebos, and says 'will die soon'. Seems like the better choice.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:04 pm

They didn't elaborate but they said he was sick. I don't think he was "perfectly healthy"
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:18 am

Because this show makes as much sense as a chocolate teapot
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:00 pm

I gave up on this show a while back. A bunch of them got kidnapped off Strand's boat and I realized I was not interested in finding out whether they were seen again.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:50 pm

Had some free time so watching them back to back....

"He has ratty hair and brings us drugs"

"[Nick!!!]"

I LOL'd.
Shall be my brother

Iowa_guy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Iowa_guy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:40 am

So I toughed it out and watched the entire 2nd season. The finale had some good moments and I think the characters will come into their own next season. The finale actually created some suspense but the main characters are so far separated now. Sort of reminds me of the journey to Terminus. Everyone takes the walk and they all end up there to be saved by someone. I think Ophelia will be that one.

Tinderbox

Post by Tinderbox » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:35 am

Mean old gringos at the border, shooting at anything that moves, trying to keep the poor refuges from reaching safety: I wondered how long it was going to be before they went full metaphor on us.

It's really too bad. If you heaped up all the money and resources that went into making this show and gave it instead to pretty much any member of Zombie Squad, it would almost certainly result in a better show.

ETA: BTW, I think it's hilarious how few people have commented on this series over the past month or two. Pretty indicative, I think, of how disappointing it's been to the core fans of this genre.

ETA again: Okay, maybe that should be allegory, not metaphor.
Last edited by Tinderbox on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire..."

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:09 am

Mean old gringos at the border, shooting at anything that moves, trying to keep the poor refuges from reaching safety: I wondered how long it was going to be before they went full metaphor on us.
Yeah cuz in the ZPAW they don't have anything else better to do.

I'm sure the "refugee camp" will be full of Minuteman militia who have turned it in to peculiar version of hell.

Rebel Flags for the win.

:clownshoes:

I guess that was my last episode. Even the reruns aren't worth watching.
Shall be my brother

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Yeah cuz in the ZPAW they don't have anything else better to do.

I'm sure the "refugee camp" will be full of Minuteman militia who have turned it in to peculiar version of hell.

Rebel Flags for the win.

:clownshoes:

I guess that was my last episode. Even the reruns aren't worth watching.
It's just a constant stream of how 'the best layed plans' and 'I'm better than you morally' FAILS because even though they think they are smart and moral, they're dumb scumbags. Which its getting really predictable.

Scumbag one: In normal times you wouldn't have done that, but these aren't normal times. So you were perfectly justified in committing two vengeance rage murders.
Scumbag two: Thanks, I needed that.
Scumbag one: And we'll probably all be there time and time again in this new world.
Scumbag two: I love you so much. We're so much better than everyone else, why can't they all be like us.
Scumbag one: I know, right?!?

Did you notice that, upon their exile, the Losers busted down the gate at the hotel and left it wide open for the survivors that they left behind to deal with?
Sort of like when they left their neighborhood in Season 1 and didn't close the gate, so all their neighbors would die a horrible zombie death.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Towanda wrote:I gave up on this show a while back. A bunch of them got kidnapped off Strand's boat and I realized I was not interested in finding out whether they were seen again.
That's where I gave up on it. I wish Netflix would do a zombie thing. They're kicking butt with their Marvel adaptations (and other shows), and I think they would do the zed thing right. They would need good source material, though.
I am the undisputed creator of the zombie tornado. (High Ground series now available)

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:44 pm

Scumbag one: In normal times you wouldn't have done that, but these aren't normal times. So you were perfectly justified in committing two three vengeance rage murders
Yep. Even though the kids were portrayed as punks I was kind of pulling for them. If whathisface had been a better father, provider and role model his son would likely have not have lit out on him with the first group of people to cross their paths.
Did you notice that, upon their exile, the Losers busted down the gate at the hotel and left it wide open for the survivors that they left behind to deal with?
Sort of like when they left their neighborhood in Season 1 and didn't close the gate, so all their neighbors would die a horrible zombie death.
Yeah, when Rick and his group encountered other groups that often would end in the untimely demise of the other group it was not always their fault. With these guys it seems very much on purpose.
Shall be my brother

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:45 pm

dogbane wrote:
Towanda wrote:I gave up on this show a while back. A bunch of them got kidnapped off Strand's boat and I realized I was not interested in finding out whether they were seen again.
That's where I gave up on it. I wish Netflix would do a zombie thing. They're kicking butt with their Marvel adaptations (and other shows), and I think they would do the zed thing right. They would need good source material, though.

Maybe the Marvel ZPAW? There was a series about it. It could be fantastic beyond all imagining.
Shall be my brother

Return to “Zombie Training Films”