Fear The Walking Dead

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

zero11010

Fear The Walking Dead

Post by zero11010 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:50 pm

Details about the Walking Dead spinoff titled Fear The Walking Dead have come out.

This is the original trailer for the series:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by RickOShea » Tue May 19, 2015 3:12 pm

'Fear the Walking Dead' spinoff: What Los Angeles walkers will look like:

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/ ... t_los.html

Wonder if we'll be seeing implants popping out of the walkers.....kinda like in the Dead Island 2 trailer.Image

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

IronKnuckles

Post by IronKnuckles » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:45 pm

I'll give it a watch.
I gave up on the walking dead half way through the last season. With those big ass breaks its hard to stay interested and remember the whole story and theirs so much TV that is worth watching these days and so little time to watch.
I hope this show will be awesome.
Maverick299 wrote:Where's the government bailout for Hostess? I would have survived just fine without Chevy or Chrysler, but life without strawberry fruit pies seems kinda pointless.
AK_Stick wrote:Pretty much always be a need for people who can kill people, or work on stuff.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:57 am

IronKnuckles wrote:I'll give it a watch.
I gave up on the walking dead half way through the last season. With those big ass breaks its hard to stay interested and remember the whole story and theirs so much TV that is worth watching these days and so little time to watch.
I hope this show will be awesome.
Then you may want to skip it.

IIRC, season one of FTWD will be six episodes....just like season one of TWD. Then season two will be 13 to 16 episodes (like TWD), and will be split into two half-seasons with a break in the middle (like TWD).

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:44 pm

Wish this would hurry up and come out. I am going through WD withdrawals.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Supervisor42

Post by Supervisor42 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:55 pm

ineffableone wrote:Wish this would hurry up and come out. I am going through WD withdrawals.
None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"
Love your tagline!
So true.
So often.
So real!
Embrace the next generation, give them a gun and teach them to shoot. They are our future.

turbo6

Post by turbo6 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:27 pm

The change of venue to sunny LA definitely made me think of Dead Island 2. :grin:

It's interesting they doing only 6 episodes of the first season, much like TWD did. Makes me wonder if it will have a more taut, theatrical feel like TWD did originally.

I'm excited and will definitely watch it but I'm hoping this won't be too much of a good thing that will just over saturate the genre and make things stale. I'm perfectly fine with the occasional good bit of zombie media, I just hope we don't get to the point where we get inundated with zombie lore, people grow sick of it and it becomes dormant.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:07 pm

turbo6 wrote:It's interesting they doing only 6 episodes of the first season, much like TWD did. Makes me wonder if it will have a more taut, theatrical feel like TWD did originally.
If I remember correctly TWD was only suppose to be 1 season, but 15 minutes in they ordered 2 more seasons because of the amount of people who watched it.

This is probably similar, it's premiering in a time when they don't normally start new shows. So it maybe a CYA type of situation. If it flops, they aren't out much, if it does well..... Then the short season creates a lot of buzz and the hype train starts to pick up steam.

We'll see I'm rather excited for this. I love me some zombie tv shows. I even like Z Nation :rofl:
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:07 pm

Robert Kirkman promises 'zero woods' on Fear the Walking Dead:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/08/fe ... zero-woods

While the original Walking Dead began in Georgia and is now in Virginia, Fear will be set across the country in Los Angeles. “Los Angeles is such an interesting city in and of itself, just because of the vast melting pot of diversity that California has become,” says Kirkman. “The urban sprawl—it covers a tremendous amount of land, and it’s got an extremely dense population, so there are a lot of things about that that lend itself well to good storytelling in the zombie apocalypse. But also, this is a city where a vast number of people come to the city to reinvent themselves, or they’re new to the city for various different reasons. It’s almost a city of immigrants inside a country of immigrants. So there’s definitely some aspects of that we’ll also be playing with as well.”

Does that more urban environment mean that Fear will eschew the filming in the woods that’s become so prominent on the original series? According to Kirkman, the answer is yes. “Yeah, we’ll definitely be spending a lot less time in the woods,” he says. “I can say I think we’re not in the woods at all. Yeah, I am pretty sure we are in zero woods this season.”

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:42 pm

Halfapint wrote:
turbo6 wrote:It's interesting they doing only 6 episodes of the first season, much like TWD did. Makes me wonder if it will have a more taut, theatrical feel like TWD did originally.
If I remember correctly TWD was only suppose to be 1 season, but 15 minutes in they ordered 2 more seasons because of the amount of people who watched it.

This is probably similar, it's premiering in a time when they don't normally start new shows. So it maybe a CYA type of situation. If it flops, they aren't out much, if it does well..... Then the short season creates a lot of buzz and the hype train starts to pick up steam.

We'll see I'm rather excited for this. I love me some zombie tv shows. I even like Z Nation :rofl:
FTWD has already been given 2 seasons. So it isn't about hedging in case the 1st season flops. They are already committed to the 2nd season sight unseen.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

IronKnuckles

Post by IronKnuckles » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:53 am

Six episodes? I'll probably skip it when it first airs then binge one day when I'm inside all day anyways. I might watch the first one. I think a lot of people will end up doing the same.
Maverick299 wrote:Where's the government bailout for Hostess? I would have survived just fine without Chevy or Chrysler, but life without strawberry fruit pies seems kinda pointless.
AK_Stick wrote:Pretty much always be a need for people who can kill people, or work on stuff.

Mack63
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Resident Evil, Dead Snow; Red vs Dead, TWD, Z Nation

Post by Mack63 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:54 pm

I started watching TWD in the 3rd season but it was coming on too late for me and I wasn't using Video On Demand so gave up until I started watching Netflix and watched all 3 seasons within a couple weeks. After I was up to date, 4th Season came out and I caught it on TV. I don't like the breaks in season either, but I guess that's how the keep the quality in there. I'm looking forward to FTWD also.

Mack

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:32 pm

Latest trailer gives us a new rule for Zombieland: Wear a belt. :D

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/he ... story.html

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Boondock wrote:Latest trailer gives us a new rule for Zombieland: Wear a belt. :D

Run, Forrest...Run !!!

IronKnuckles

Post by IronKnuckles » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:19 am

RickOShea wrote:
Boondock wrote:Latest trailer gives us a new rule for Zombieland: Wear a belt. :D

Run, Forrest...Run !!!

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:51 pm

SDCC is July 9-12 this year. We've gotten a 3 to 4 minute trailer video of the upcoming TWD season there the past few years....don't know if we'll get one of FTWD.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:24 pm

"Is that a FEAR THE WALKING DEAD Zombie Herd at Vancouver’s Former RCMP E Division Headquarters?"

http://yvrshoots.com/2015/06/shoot-fear ... YhSEY0o6M_

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: None

Post by Asymetryczna » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:53 pm

"The authorities would tell us." I love that line.

The one word that always springs into my head when I hear the word "authorities" is efficiency.

I have a small collection of great sayings about efficiency. It is better and important sounding to be delivered with confidentz.

"Our absolute, love-it-or-leave-it, no last chances, end-all, be-all, that's all she wrote, do you hear the fat lady singing, drop dead end date had been extended 60 days. So those of you that were counting down, just take the 5 days you have left and add a 60, a 6 and a 0, and you have 65 days left. Simple math. Add the 60 and the 5 together. 65. Enjoy the rest of your morning."
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:33 am

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:28 pm

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:01 pm

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:27 pm

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:45 pm

Official Comic Con Trailer: Fear the Walking Dead:

ETA: I already feel bad for Travis (Cliff Curtis).....looks like he has to try to survive the apocalypse with both his ex-wife & fiancée, AND a bunch of angsty teenagers.Image

Return to “Zombie Training Films”