It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Z Nation on Syfy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:09 pm 

Maybe it was just me, but did it seem to have a bit more of a serious tone? Of course you can count Murphy out of it, he's the comic relief, but it seemed to me that it wasn't as over the top as the first season.

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:23 pm 

All considered I like it. I like it a lot.

Definitely better than those Japanese Zombie flix. Like Zombie Ass. We will flush you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:47 pm 

I liked the first season and I am liking this season even better.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:19 pm 

Is it just me, or are the sitizen z parts getting sloppy lately? Gun has lazer, then no lazer, then lazer again, baseball bat suddenly clean again after beating a zombie to pulp, and said zombie still brathing while dead on the floor?

I still love the show and will keep waching, but slightly fewer goofs like that would be nice.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:10 am 

Norwegian wrote:
Is it just me, or are the sitizen z parts getting sloppy lately? Gun has lazer, then no lazer, then lazer again, baseball bat suddenly clean again after beating a zombie to pulp, and said zombie still brathing while dead on the floor?

I still love the show and will keep waching, but slightly fewer goofs like that would be nice.

Well when they completely changed the ultra secret NSA base he was at into abandoned industrial warehouses and offices. I guess they are not really worried about keeping it accurate on his side of things. The base was so air tight it almost killed him when the the air scrubbers went down, but now there are all these strange open warehouse doors and windows every where etc.

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:33 am 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Craig Engler (Co-Creator/Co-Executive Producer of Z Nation) wrote a guest post for the ZS website. You can find it on the front page or here:

https://www.zombiehunters.org/?q=zombies-media-z-nation-guest-post-craig-engler-co-creatorco-executive-producer-z-nation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:18 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Norwegian wrote:

You are right. I nominate you for assistant director to oversee the citizen z scenes :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:10 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Uh, did anyone notice that Mack was killed? :ooh:

That's the first main cast death since Garnett went tits-up half-way through the first season.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:45 pm 

RickOShea wrote:
Uh, did anyone notice that Mack was killed? :ooh:

That's the first main cast death since Garnett went tits-up half-way through the first season.

Yep, I noticed that. But it seemed like a particularly random thing to happen, especially when bullets were whizzing all over the place with so many people trying to bag Murphy and kill each other at the same time. I don't think he and Addie had resolved major issues between them before he went either, so I'm sure there will be more angst and such.

Peach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:59 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Mack didn't just die; he got replaced with a new team member.

But yeah. Tough episode.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:05 pm 

raistlin wrote:
Mack didn't just die; he got replaced with a new team member.

But yeah. Tough episode.

Yep when that bounty hunter suddenly started helping, I sort of guessed someone on the team was going to die. Though I had thought it might be Cassandra who would have gotten taken out since she is almost zombie. At the time she seemed most likely to go.

As for the Addie Mac dynamic, it seems Addie has lost a lot of her edge she had once had. She had been one of the tougher members of the team but not so much now. So I agree her loosing Mac without them actually resolving their relationship fully will likely cause some angst and drama with Addie. Or maybe it will turn her back into the bad ass zombie killing machine she had been previously?

BTW I don't know if anyone else noticed but poor Kellita Smith aka Warren, looked like she was struggling without a sports bra in all those running scenes. A couple times I swear she looked ready to drop her weapons and try and give her chest some support.

Maybe a good prepping lesson for women with sizable chests out there, be sure to pack a couple sports bras in your BOBs. And for guys with women with sizable chests, to make sure their women have those sports bras.

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Last edited by ineffableone on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:46 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

ineffableone wrote:
raistlin wrote:
BTW I don't know if anyone else noticed but poor Kellita Smith aka Warren, looked like she was struggling without a sports bra in all those running scenes. A couple times I swear she looked ready to drop her weapons and try and give her chest some support.

I noticed that on one scene where several of the group is running together. I'm sure that the director took advantage of that on purpose.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:16 am 

My question is; what's with the Mexican drug lord and all the AT's????? Seriously? Is he just a dumb fuck

Also the new guy and his micro suppressor. Really? You think some 3"
Suppressor is going to do fuck all on a 7.62x39 AK???? ::sigh::

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:30 am 

Halfapint wrote:
My question is; what's with the Mexican drug lord and all the AT's????? Seriously? Is he just a dumb fuck

This is America we have those things for sale in every gun shop in town. They are great for buffalo hunting. Shoot one get five.

Halfapint wrote:

Its the movies.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:52 am 

http://pugetsoundblogs.com/bremertonbea ... bremerton/

hmm. filming on a ship it would seem the Turner Joy is a Vietnam era destroyer that is a memorial ship near Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton Wa.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:15 pm 

I saw that earlier on a Facebook feed, kinda cool I wonder what the scene will involve? Though I doubt they are filing for this season still.

nolongpork wrote:
http://pugetsoundblogs.com/bremertonbeat/2015/09/23/this-tv-show-needed-a-navy-ship-to-film-on-they-got-one-in-bremerton/

hmm. filming on a ship it would seem the Turner Joy is a Vietnam era destroyer that is a memorial ship near Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton Wa.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:11 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Halfapint wrote:

You talkin' about the bounty hunter guy, Vasquez? That's not a sound suppressor on his shorty AR-15.....It's one of those open-ended blast diverters, like some sort of a knock-off of a Noveske KX3.

Besides, when he was shooting it, it was making regular Hollywood "bang, bang" sounds. :crazy:

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:26 am 

Is that an off set scope or is he looking straight through that huge front sight post?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:10 am 

That muzzle brake design is at least ten years old. I've seen it in old Small Arms Review mags since 2006 or so. Bulgarian or Russian.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:44 am 

Well, they are already headed back east instead of west. At this rate they will never reach California, though that might be the point. To keep them circling so they can milk more time out of the show before explaining why Murphy isn't the cure.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:04 pm 

ineffableone wrote:
Well, they are already headed back east instead of west. At this rate they will never reach California, though that might be the point. To keep them circling so they can milk more time out of the show before explaining why Murphy isn't the cure.

I'm thinking Murphy is the cure or something close to it, but even if they make it to Cali. They are going to need a way to get the cure to the people. Since it seems the military is out, there's probably very little in the way of giving it to the people. So, our team will probably get the job to go around and give it to people.

Is it me or is 10k getting sloppy? I mean he was able to get head shots with a slingshot at 50+ yards, but now he cant make easy shots. That bounty hunter is a really really horrible shot, Warren with her pistol was getting better shots off. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:43 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

jor-el wrote:
That muzzle brake design is at least ten years old. I've seen it in old Small Arms Review mags since 2006 or so. Bulgarian or Russian.

They love their airsoft & BB guns on the show.....

One of these: http://www.akairsoft.com/product_detail.php?p_id=16

With one of these on the end: http://www.akairsoft.com/a_product_detail.php?id=103

ETA: And here is Vasquez's long barreled revolver: http://www.blackopsusa.com/product/bb-pellet-air-guns-3/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:06 pm 

Halfapint wrote:
Is it me or is 10k getting sloppy? I mean he was able to get head shots with a slingshot at 50+ yards, but now he cant make easy shots. That bounty hunter is a really really horrible shot, Warren with her pistol was getting better shots off. :lol:

I was noticing that too. He went from unbelievably amazing, to not even above average. Maybe he is having trouble due to that explosion hurting his hearing? The ear is responsible for balance etc. I could see damage to the ear effecting someone's aim. However I suspect it was just one of those inconsistencies of scripting rather than conscious effort of having 10K getting less proficient due to an injury.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:44 pm 

Yes, all that missing they were doing, especially 10k against the Blaster Zs, was irritating the fire out of me. :vmad:

Peach

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next