Z Nation on Syfy

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Re: Z Nation on Syfy

Post by Halfapint » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:48 am

So after the Zombear................. Really after the 12th ep its really damn good. I will say I'll continue to watch. I enjoyed watching on netfix, I'll watch the next ep especially after that ending!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

grennels

Post by grennels » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:32 pm

Shot 'em, now I'm gonna hang 'em, then I'm gonna burn 'em!
Damn Zombies. Can't ever be too dead to suit me.

- with apologies to Larry McMurtry

Sworbeyegib
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead is what started it all for me

Post by Sworbeyegib » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:18 am

In case it's not common knowledge yet, Netflix put up the first season a week or so ago. I finally got around to watching it, and ended up doing the whole season in a about a 2 day binge.

I gotta say... I really like it. Cheesy B grade horror movies (especially those with comedic elements) are a major guilty pleasure of mine. And this is just that. It's not trying to be The Walking Dead, it's Asylum doing what Asylum does best. Cheesy, goofy and brainless fun.
**Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't**

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sat May 23, 2015 6:57 pm

Just found this today... Sitting around inside because of rain and checked Netflix.

I like it so far! Yeah, it's about as bad as TWD as far as stupid people doing stupid things that should ensure they die first in any contingency...let alone the Zompocolypse...but it's fast paced entertainment and that's all I'm looking for!

About to start episode 2 in a few minutes...have intentionally not read this thread to avoid spoilers.

Will report back later after some binge watching! :lol:
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun May 24, 2015 12:45 am

OK, just watched the zomnado episode... Totally ripped off Dogbane's Adair series!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sun May 24, 2015 1:04 pm

91Eunozs wrote:OK, just watched the zomnado episode... Totally ripped off Dogbane's Adair series!
Hahahaha! So true! I still like it, and look forward to season 2 (if it happens)
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

NapalmMan67

Post by NapalmMan67 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:24 pm

Halfapint wrote:
91Eunozs wrote:OK, just watched the zomnado episode... Totally ripped off Dogbane's Adair series!
Hahahaha! So true! I still like it, and look forward to season 2 (if it happens)

SyFy renwed for season 2 in 2015. I wonder how many new crisp clean different color shirts Roberta will have this go around? :lol:

Always have a buddy and a backup plan!

Happy Go Lucky
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, I'll add more as they come to me.....

Post by Happy Go Lucky » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:36 pm

I agree with everything that's already been said about the limited acting skills and low budget production.
But, somehow, many evenings when I'm looking for just a short hour of entertainment, I keep returning to this on the Netflix streaming queue.

I'm at least half way through the first season, and still can't quite articulate the attraction.
It just seems to have enough of a mixture of zombie humor, action, and occasional intriguing take on zombie lore to make it watchable.

Plus, I find some of the arguably inconsistent/dubious actions of the various characters to be more humanizing and makes them interesting.

I'll finish the first season just to see where they end up. After that, I'll probably move onto a different series.
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
Barry Goldwater

Keith B
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Resident Evil 3
Did not like 28 days later

Post by Keith B » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:44 pm

NapalmMan67 wrote:
Halfapint wrote:

SyFy renwed for season 2 in 2015. I wonder how many new crisp clean different color shirts Roberta will have this go around? :lol:

They've been filming around town since this spring, so I'd assume they will be in post production soon.
The asshole formerly known as Sigboy40

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:40 pm

I binge watched the first season a few weeks ago. As some mentioned some scenarios require taking with a rather large grain of salt.
I found the show very entertaining, mourned the loss of the lead hero and feel the same affinity for the group as I did for the Firefly crew members....
looking forward to Season 2.
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:37 pm

HOLY SHIT THERE"S A THREAD FOR THIS? THIS IS LITERALLY MY FAVORITE ZOMBIE THEMED SHOW! (BACKREADS FURIOUSLY)
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

Emeraldfox12
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the liveing dead (origonal and remakes), Dawn of the dead (Origonal and remake) world war z

Post by Emeraldfox12 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:34 am

Ive seen a few eps of this show online and liked it myself. there going to be showing it on british tv soon. Ive also noticed that syfy seem to have some sort of thing with asylem pictures as a lot of there movies seem to be from there

NapalmMan67

Post by NapalmMan67 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:56 am

I haven't verified, but my old lady told me season 2 starts Sept. 11th.

Always have a buddy and a backup plan!

Emeraldfox12
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the liveing dead (origonal and remakes), Dawn of the dead (Origonal and remake) world war z

Post by Emeraldfox12 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:09 am

Yep

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Confirmed Sept 11th season 2 premiere.
http://www.syfy.com/znation/videos/z-na ... -is-coming
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

Chicago Zombie
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The only bad zombie movie is an unwatched zombie movie...(& American Zombie, Dead Country, Zombiez, Dead Clowns....)

Post by Chicago Zombie » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:29 pm

Season 2 starts tonight!
ZSC:020 Chapter Officer. IL, WI, or IN resident? Please stop by the ZSC:020 Chicagoland Forum!
CERT & RACES member.
ZS Hall of Fame!
ZS Wiki
Free Prepper Ebooks
May is Ehlers Danlos Syndrome awareness month!
"You can't always decide what happens to you, but you can decide how you react."

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Post by raistlin » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:09 pm

Chicago Zombie wrote:Season 2 starts tonight!
Getting ready to watch it :clap:
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:08 am

Well now the team has Zombies, Murphy, and Bounty Hunters to deal with. Who knew getting to California would be so difficult.

An if the series is doing good by the time they reach California, what ya wanna bet they will find out they have to turn around and head to NYC. It is just that sort of show where they would pull something like that.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:02 pm

So Murphy is now literally the gray man, nyuck nyuck :lol:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Post by raistlin » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:13 pm

Did anyone else like how Warren made two single bullet double headshots. But then one of the bullets she fired hit the zombie in his forehead and stopped. (lol)
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Yeah, her ammo seems a tad inconsistent...

Good start on the new season, I'll keep waching for sure.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:38 pm

raistlin wrote:Did anyone else like how Warren made two single bullet double headshots. But then one of the bullets she fired hit the zombie in his forehead and stopped. (lol)
I think he was superposed to have a steal plate in his head. At least that is the impression I got from that scene.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by raistlin » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 pm

ineffableone wrote:
raistlin wrote:Did anyone else like how Warren made two single bullet double headshots. But then one of the bullets she fired hit the zombie in his forehead and stopped. (lol)
I think he was superposed to have a steal plate in his head. At least that is the impression I got from that scene.
Yeah. That's what I guessed too.

Spiffums
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Spiffums » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:42 pm

Probably a weak load.....like the last of the powder in the charger on the reloader :lol:

Return to “Zombie Training Films”