Godzilla, May 2014

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

DFWMTX
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Godzilla, May 2014

Post by DFWMTX » Fri May 30, 2014 11:34 pm

Is there anything after the credits? Didn't stay to find out.
It can always get worse.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Sat May 31, 2014 10:29 am

DFWMTX wrote:Is there anything after the credits? Didn't stay to find out.
No, I stayed til the end. Nothing. :cry:

I was expecting like a bow or something from the monsters.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Makarov
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Makarov » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:57 am

Saw it this week, and I dunno. I don't have any problem with the monsters, but a lot of the human stuff(decisions/planning/etc) was just too stupid, and obviously done to keep the suspense up and driving the plot forward.

I say Meh...
Thomas

Der skal Kugle til en Thrønder

RIP hk33k

Sworbeyegib
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead is what started it all for me

Post by Sworbeyegib » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:17 am

In general, I liked it. Here are a few things I liked and didn't like without spoiling anything.

Likes.

-Bryan Cranston has been good in just about everything I've seen him in. This movie is no exception.
-It was nice seeing Aaron Taylor-Johnson post Kickass. After reading that he was going to be playing quicksilver in the new Avengers movie, I was having a hard time picturing it. Also, his wife in the movie will be playing scarlet witch, one of my favorite marvel characters, so it was a good chance to see them on screen together before Avengers.
-Happy to see my stomping grounds of Waikiki to be used. A little scary considering all the close calls we've had to tsunamis in the past, that is about as close to the real thing that I hope happens.
-Godzilla looked great, and seeing it on a big screen was well worth it. I really liked the design, with lots of just pure unstoppable bulk.
-I'm happy they have him fighting other monsters. Makes for a more "classic" Godzilla movie.
-The tie-in/mirroring of the Fukushima disaster kept it topical.
-I also like how they talked about how he "kept the balance".

Dislikes.

-Other than Bryan Cranston, there weren't really any other humans I was actually rooting for or cared about.
-The pacing of the movie was a bit slow. There seemed to be this huge lull from the first 15 minutes of the movie, to over an hour in. I wasn't expecting it to be oversaturated monster on monster combat for the entire thing like pacific rim did, but it could've done with a little less "running from falling things" and a little more actual Godzilla time.

All in all I like it, and I'm glad I actually went and saw it on the big screen. Maybe when it is out of theaters we can all discuss more spoiler related plot holes and such.
**Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't**

Return to “Zombie Training Films”