Doomsday Castle

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Wolfe4086
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead Series
Zombii Series
Cemetary Man
Zombieland

Re: Doomsday Castle

Post by Wolfe4086 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Odinsown wrote:Hey Everyone:

I just downloaded the first three episode and I am about a third of the way thru the first episode. Massive epic fail. No wonder some people think that preppers are crazy.

Odinsown

P.S. I just finished the first episode. The people are crazy the idea is stupid, and this show sucks on just about every level. But the chicks are hot. :P

Pretty much that is the sum of show. Without the hot chicks it would not be worth watching at all.
"The price of failure is to be paid for in blood" Sensei Yamashita - Tanaka Corporation School of Assassins

Robbie
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

Post by Robbie » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:02 pm

I actually just caught that show, pretty cool. I love the castle, that would be great to have. It would be nice to see it done.

Nutpantz

Post by Nutpantz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:08 pm

I saw two or three episodes of this and all I can say is...
Who says blood is thicker than water?

This family will be their own downfall in easy times..
I would not go to this place when things get hard...
Mickey mouse builds better castles

I really hope most of the drama is fake for the camera drama..
But even so, there are bigger issues than what they are building.

It will however make a nice family heirloom if it does not fall down.
Or a great place for teenage parties if it's abandoned..lol

Sent from my device with tapatalk who I feel is a dirty underhanded greedy ripoff software company that keeps asking for money for the same product. I'm not paying a third time (tapatalk, tapatalk 4) for tapatalk pro
Equality can only exist between equals.
Civilization implies division of labor, division of labor implies subordination and subordination implies injustice and inequality.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:55 am

I have found this show a great comedy. It is a great example of all the worst things to do prepping. That some people actually take this show serious is quite funny.

I am actually watching the latest episode on my DVR right now.

It is so ridiculous it is funny.

Once again the Dad decides to test them with an attack. Seriously? How many times before finishing construction is this guy going to stage attacks . This is waste of time and does not make moral better for the group.

Of course the Dad hasn't actually given his kids any real instructions on how to really defend the place. Amazingly two of the kids survived and actually "killed" the soldiers. Of course they had to retreat up onto the roof to do it, and lost two other kids.

However this show is just a joke. There is more war games in this show than prepping. It is a show more about the drama of a dysfunctional family than prepping.

I will still occasionally watch just to get a decent laugh, but I have not seen one episode that has shown me anything useful for my own prepping.

I should however point out how these dumb to us shows can have good points, like introducing prepping to other family members or friends. Like other prep shows did for this person. So while we might hate these shows, they can serve a purpose for us.

Might have created a "monster" or two http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 0&t=109600
teachermom44 wrote:My family watched Doomsday Bunkers and The Colony. Now they all want to make BOBs. And for the longest time they looked at me like I was crazy! Now the 9 year old is bugging the crud out of me. She's surfing the net for what needs to go in one! :clap:

They collected rain water in buckets today and the 7 year old wanted to sanitize the water some way the dude on Man vs Wild did. :)

It just clicked for them. Yeah!
So while these shows might be a joke to us, you might want to familiarize yourself with them to be able to discuss them with family and friends.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

ODA 226
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ODA 226 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Almost as bad as watching "World War Z".
Bitka Sve Rešava!
NEVER SACRIFICE SECURITY FOR SPEED!
B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

My INCH Bag
My Ultimate Altoid Tin
My Bug-In Solar Lights
My Wilderness Ditch Kit

dtwn92
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sean of the Dead

Post by dtwn92 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:40 am

After watching almost every episode of this show (my son loves it so I get to spend time with him watching something besides Disney) I think a few things ring true, the old man did this to expose his family to fame, finish this monstrosity cheaply (family labor) and bring his dysfunctional kids together.

So while we all hate it and think its pretty much joke; they got paid, put a roof on this, probably got VERY cheap professional help, and worked out some dysfunction. So I guess he gets the last laugh in accomplishing his "prepper" dream. And...

Dawn - Marie is still pretty hawt. :clap: LOL
View my FAK and My Tactical Facebook page.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
"Our problems are man-made therefore they may be solved by man and man can be as big as he wants. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings."
John F. Kennedy

Bahamut
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil series

Post by Bahamut » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:36 pm

I had rewatched the Doomsday Preppers with Brent Sr and his castle, only this version of the episode had little facts throughout. The castle WAS going to be a vacation home orginally, but that was changed later on. After brent Sr. got divorce again he had to buy his castle back from his ex-wife. :rofl:

As for the design. Yes, the windows on the first floor are not helpful. The lack of a courtyard inside the castle walls, also not helpful. These are bad, but livable. The Roof is what gets me. The top of the castle border is only 1 ft above the actual roof. So you can't even use the roof for effective defense. There a few good modifications to some of the projects, but all in all, poor execution.

With all of that said, the fact it brought some of the siblings closer and made them a more unified family, definitely a win.

Also, Dawn-Marie.
Beware the roving zombie honeybadgers mercenary gangs that have an affinity for switchblades!

Return to “Zombie Training Films”