Doomsday Castle

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Sins

Doomsday Castle

Post by Sins » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:25 am

Anyone seen the previews for this yet?

Looks like a smorgasbord of FAIL to me.
I don't know about you, but if I had all the money in the world to build a doomsday structure, it would IN the ground more than it would stick OUT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNuj26C ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jaeger

Re: Doomsday Castle

Post by Jaeger » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:18 am

un"reality" TV...
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

dtwn92
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sean of the Dead

Post by dtwn92 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:20 am

Watched the orig episode last season it was a train wreck then. I guess the only thing it has going for it, is there is slightly attractive chicks on the show shooting guns and getting dirty. All so the old man can make them "famous".

This is headed for a disaster.
View my FAK and My Tactical Facebook page.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
"Our problems are man-made therefore they may be solved by man and man can be as big as he wants. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings."
John F. Kennedy

50calray

Post by 50calray » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:17 pm

They had this family an Castle on the Doomsday Prepper show once (S1Ep8) and it was mass confusion. Hardly anything worthy of a TV series but what do I know

Sins

Post by Sins » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:08 pm

I watched half an episode until got too angry to watch anymore.
It was all kinds of fail

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:37 pm

Saw last nights' show, with 'Sgt Mike' and his tactics classes, and the solar water source.

Interesting. Also, hot chicks, as mentioned earlier.

I keep telling my wife I want to build a castle. His castle is retarded, though...
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

DFWMTX
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DFWMTX » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:33 am

I probably should watch it before I properly judge it, but I don't really want to waste my time doing so. And if I was prepping for a disaster, I'm not sure I'd build a trebuchet or catapult when there's more important things to prep for, and a simple 3-person slingshot would be just as useful and easier to build.
It can always get worse.

Black November

Post by Black November » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:25 pm

If this family was really worried about security, they wouldn't broadcast the details of there BOL to millions of viewers nation wide. However, if they are trying to become famous and market the details of their personal lives for money, they are doing a good job.
"I guess you broke into the wrong goddamn rec room, didn't you" -Burt- Tremors
WINTERGEDDON: IX, X, XI, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI, XVII
SUMMERGEDDON: IX, X, XII, XIII, XIV, XV, XVI
SUMMER BUG OUT: XIII

Wildeman_13
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Wildeman_13 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:12 pm

DFWMTX wrote:I probably should watch it before I properly judge it, but I don't really want to waste my time doing so. And if I was prepping for a disaster, I'm not sure I'd build a trebuchet or catapult when there's more important things to prep for, and a simple 3-person slingshot would be just as useful and easier to build.
Same here... haven't seen it to truly judge but even the preview made me cringe. Thinking that the cinder block (even filled with concrete) won't last long under directed fire, those wide gap bars are just screaming for grappling hooks to hook on and pull them out, HUUUUUUUUGE windows for attackers to shoot into. Yeah... not much of a castle.
raptor wrote: Anyone know if there is an asshat gene? If so it must be a dominant gene.
Image Image

vikingmedic

Post by vikingmedic » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:43 pm

The show is ridiculous in more ways than I have fingers and toes to count.
By all means, give peace a chance, in the event it doesn't work out I'll cover you.

Wolfe4086
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead Series
Zombii Series
Cemetary Man
Zombieland

Post by Wolfe4086 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:42 am

This show is sooooo fricking retarded. I remember the Douche Canoe Dad on Doomsday Preppers. His castle is so unsecure it's not funny. Who puts windows at the ground level of a castle if it is supposed to be for a TEOTWAWKI scenario? Not to mention the thing stands out from far away almost as if you have search lights and a big neon sign saying "EAT AT BRENT'S".
"The price of failure is to be paid for in blood" Sensei Yamashita - Tanaka Corporation School of Assassins

Niblick

Post by Niblick » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:39 pm

I find this show pretty entertaining and try to catch the new ones.

Sure, they prioritized a falling tree roadblock and a catapult over a roof, but who knows how much of that crap is the producers calling the shots.

Its a pretty shitty castle though. Does anyone know where it is? Like what state?
You are
What you do
When it counts.

Wolfe4086
ZS Member
ZS Member
Zombii Series
Cemetary Man
Zombieland

Post by Wolfe4086 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:27 pm

Niblick wrote:I find this show pretty entertaining and try to catch the new ones.

Sure, they prioritized a falling tree roadblock and a catapult over a roof, but who knows how much of that crap is the producers calling the shots.

Its a pretty shitty castle though. Does anyone know where it is? Like what state?
According to the show it is your northern neighbor North Carolina.
"The price of failure is to be paid for in blood" Sensei Yamashita - Tanaka Corporation School of Assassins

charlie505
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days, Resident evil, Shawn of the Dead

Post by charlie505 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:46 am

Google maps

Doomsday Preppers Castle
Dreugh Evins Drive
South Carolina 29671

zoom in close

Love the review someone left

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:44 am

Instead of 'Doomsday Castle', it should be called the 'I have more money than sense, and that is why my loser children and myself are trying live in the ratty basement of my concrete-block, roofless monument to stupidity House', or better yet by it's shorter name... 'The Fail Castle'.

This show is worthwhile because if you watch it to use it as a free primer of what NOT to do, you will certainly achieve more than these goofballs ever will.

Here's a neat drinking game. Every time his oldest son tries to impress his daddy but screws it up somehow by half-assing it, or one of the daughters bully's another one for fun... take a drink. I'll bet by the end of the episode you will either be passed-out or dead, but at least you won't have to watch this show again.

-urban
"When under imminent Predator attack, try to act all Thalidomide-y till they go away".-me
3%

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:38 am

charlie505 wrote:Google maps

zoom in close

Hm... OpSec? "Hey y'all, c'mon in!!"

Luckily it's not near my first BOL.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Wolfe4086
ZS Member
ZS Member
Zombii Series
Cemetary Man
Zombieland

Post by Wolfe4086 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:43 pm

charlie505 wrote:Google maps

Doomsday Preppers Castle
Dreugh Evins Drive
South Carolina 29671

zoom in close

Someone needs to post some shopped photos on the google map location.

Das Sheep

Post by Das Sheep » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:56 pm

There is no room or land for farming.

The only large source of water, a lake, is more than a mile away over less than easy ground.

Cinderblocks stop bullets the same way thin wood does. As in not very well. I think even a .22lr will go through a cinderblock at close range. They are probably safe from birdshot though.

Every crazy with a gun near them knows where it is. Granted it is in the middle of freaking no where.

Its surrounded by great cover for anyone wanting to attack it.

Its to far from anyone else to offer or recieve mutual support.

Overall my Sheep assessment of this castle is that it would probably be a rather unpleasent place to starve to death in.

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Das Sheep wrote:There is no room or land for farming.
Agreed, possibly a greenhouse on the roof would be a decent spot for growing food. Assuming they get that far without killing each other.
Das Sheep wrote:The only large source of water, a lake, is more than a mile away over less than easy ground.
Last episode they built a water pump and filtration system from springs up to the castle.
Das Sheep wrote:Cinderblocks stop bullets the same way thin wood does. As in not very well. I think even a .22lr will go through a cinderblock at close range. They are probably safe from birdshot though.
I would assume the basic structure has the cinder blocks is filled with concrete. But I don't know if this is true or false.
Das Sheep wrote:Every crazy with a gun near them knows where it is. Granted it is in the middle of freaking no where.
Being in the middle of nowhere for a dooms day scenario is a good thing. I don't want to be in the middle of a town or city.
Das Sheep wrote:Its surrounded by great cover for anyone wanting to attack it.
IMO this is a push. They can also ambush on the terrain and fall back to a secure position if needed.
Das Sheep wrote:Its to far from anyone else to offer or recieve mutual support.
I don't think mutual support is in their plan.
Das Sheep wrote:Overall my Sheep assessment of this castle is that it would probably be a rather unpleasent place to starve to death in.
2 episodes ago they trapped/shot a boar and 2 of the girls got a chicken coop going.

Right now the largest threat is the oldest son's ego and wanting to prove his father wrong.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:16 pm

Das Sheep wrote:Overall my Sheep assessment of this castle is that it would probably be a rather unpleasent place to starve to death in.
If they last that long, yeah. :lol:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Barnabus

Post by Barnabus » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:34 am

I think this guy was building a vacation home, ran out of money. Heard of Doomsday Preppers show, and got the idea to pretend to be a prepper to try and get financing for his 'castle' by pitching the TV show idea of filming his family. There is NO way it was designed for safety with those bay windows on every wall.
"If you are prepared for a shambling horde of walking corpses that are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for just about anything."

Wolfe4086
ZS Member
ZS Member
Zombii Series
Cemetary Man
Zombieland

Post by Wolfe4086 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:25 pm

Barnabus wrote:I think this guy was building a vacation home, ran out of money. Heard of Doomsday Preppers show, and got the idea to pretend to be a prepper to try and get financing for his 'castle' by pitching the TV show idea of filming his family. There is NO way it was designed for safety with those bay windows on every wall.
Especially the ones on the first floor. I am pissed that I can't see the episodes in Canada evidently since NatGeo here only showed one episode.

D-Train

Post by D-Train » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Girls are hot though. Just saying.
"I wish for zombies everyday just so I don't have to go to work."
Finch

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:35 am

Hey Everyone:

I just downloaded the first three episode and I am about a third of the way thru the first episode. Massive epic fail. No wonder some people think that preppers are crazy.

Odinsown

P.S. I just finished the first episode. The people are crazy the idea is stupid, and this show sucks on just about every level. But the chicks are hot. :P

Return to “Zombie Training Films”