Pandemic Apocalypse: To The Lake (Netflix)

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Pandemic Apocalypse: To The Lake (Netflix)

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:11 pm

Russian series on Netflix, dubbed and subtitles.

To The Lake, currently 1 season.

Story about some dysfunctional Moscow city folk trying to escape to the wilderness during a violent viral outbreak.

Pretty darn good. It's dark and gritty. The characters are "real" as in generally smart but flawed.

I really like it. I'm almost done with the season.

4.5/5 stars in today's market of apocalypse fiction.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Re: Pandemic Apocalypse: To The Lake (Netflix)

Post by Halfapint » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:18 pm

Binged this, it’s REALLY good. I might watch it again just because it was interesting and not overly “make believe” and the team didn’t go full TWD which is nice.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:07 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:18 pm
Binged this, it’s REALLY good. I might watch it again just because it was interesting and not overly “make believe” and the team didn’t go full TWD which is nice.
I finished it shortly after my first post.

I agree about TWD and sadly it's what I compare most apocalypse genre media to. Basically, are continual and unrealistic dumb decisions what's driving the plot vs good writing.

I'd say this has good writing.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Happy Go Lucky
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, I'll add more as they come to me.....

Post by Happy Go Lucky » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:02 pm

Starting watching this based on the recommendations here.
I'm about 2/3 through the season.
Given this is pandemic based, and with what all that is going on it is certainly timely.

As stated by others, it seems to me to have a very realistic presentation using a far more deadly pandemic as the driver.
Particularly the lack of information the characters - and the viewers - have.
Lots of things going on; most of which is not explained. Especially the reactions of the national government and government agents interacting with population.
Other realistic actions are the other people the main characters meet. Many are just trying to get through; some by continuing what they did pre-pandemic, others reacting in very odd, and/or violent ways.
Since it is based in Russia, the locals are certainly different than Americans in some of their reactions and general view of the world- especially their government.

Although I have to say because of the realism it is somewhat slow.
I'll certainly finish it.
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
Barry Goldwater

Return to “Zombie Training Films”