The Mandalorian

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

The Mandalorian

Post by RickOShea » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:16 pm

I believe this series will only be available on the Disney streaming service.

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Ellywick

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by Ellywick » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:53 pm

Yeah, I hate feeding the corporate Disney monster, but my husband and I will probably purchase the Disney streaming service because it includes Hulu+, we like cartoons, we have 3 kids, we're comic book and Star Wars geeks, and use Netflix and Hulu for our entertainment needs instead of cable. Feels like it is kind of an inevitability.
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:22 pm

You guys realize that's the Red Viper, Oberyn Martell. I'm sure he's glad to have the blaster so as not to get within reach of a Mountain or Wookie.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

boskone

Post by boskone » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Ellywick wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:53 pm
Yeah, I hate feeding the corporate Disney monster, but my husband and I will probably purchase the Disney streaming service because it includes Hulu+, we like cartoons, we have 3 kids, we're comic book and Star Wars geeks, and use Netflix and Hulu for our entertainment needs instead of cable. Feels like it is kind of an inevitability.
I used to be a Star Wars geek, but I've been put off by Disney's blitz.

Some of it's quite good (Rebels, purportedly Resistance but I haven't seen it yet), but the recent movies have largely been pretty meh for me, and it seems like there's no end in sight.

Plus a few geekery complaints that don't really bear mentioning in a non-Star Wars forum. :D

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:23 pm

As I understand it, this series is supposed to be the Star Wars version of a Sergio Leone Spaghetti Western....I hope they can pull it off. :awesome:

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:28 pm

jor-el wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:22 pm
You guys realize that's the Red Viper, Oberyn Martell. I'm sure he's glad to have the blaster so as not to get within reach of a Mountain or Wookie.
And in other news, Kit Harington has been cast to play Dane Whitman/Black Knight in the MCU.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:35 pm

At $10M an episode I'll watch it just to see where the money went. That is a huge investment for a debut, likely the most ever.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:16 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:23 pm
As I understand it, this series is supposed to be the Star Wars version of a Sergio Leone Spaghetti Western....I hope they can pull it off. :awesome:
I thought all the star wars were versions of a western ?
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:04 pm

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:48 am

I had the chance to watch the 1st 3 episodes this last weekend while visiting family, and I was sorely disappointed. Gorgeous scenes and costumes, minimal acting, horrific directing. The camera work reminds me of 80s soap operas. I think the writing has potential, but I can't be certain with how it's been mangled. There's some scenes that truly should be hillarious, and just fall flat or at best barely stumble through.

My Dad has always been a huge Star Wars fan and is very patient with allowing a story and series to develop. He walked out in mid episode and later expressed amazement that Disney has allowed something that bad to be released.

My buddy loves it. My brother seems to like it. I'm not arguing it with them cause I don't want to detract from their enjoyment. I hope I'm unusual and everyone else that was looking forward to it truly enjoys it.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Ellywick

Post by Ellywick » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:08 am

I'm really picky on Star Wars stuff and haven't been enthused with either the prequels Lucas did or Episode 7 and 8 (more the directions they took the story than the acting or directing which made it extra frustrating). That being said, I really, really like the Mandalorian so far. Watched episodes 1-3 this weekend. And not just because of the adorable Child who I believe is so cute it will align the planets and bring peace to the galaxy. I have never been into Boba Fett, Jango Fett, or the Mandalorians at all and this show makes me genuinely want to know more about them. Excited to see how everything unfolds.
"When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl..." "You find someone to carry you."

"She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true."

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:14 pm

I'm caught up, and really enjoying it so far. The lady that directed the third episode is supposed to be the director for the upcoming Obi-Wan series, so I'm a little more enthused about that one now.

Disney is going to make a billion dollars just on The Child merchandise alone. :rofl:

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:55 pm

I'm really liking the "western" vibes the show is putting out. Big fan so far. Not perfect, but maybe as perfect as "new disney" can be and significantly better than anything Star Wars related in recent years.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”