Bushwick - SHTF/Civil War II Movie

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

flybynight

Re: Bushwick - SHTF/Civil War II Movie

Post by flybynight » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Couldn't he just beat the gremlins off with the Bat? :clownshoes:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Started to watch free on Netflix.
Plot and subplots ridiculous, lost interest about 1/4 way thru and shut it off before ending.
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:19 am

Small aside; quads like that are not street legal per NYSDMV or NYC Admin Code.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:22 am

jor-el wrote:Small aside; quads like that are not street legal per NYSDMV or NYC Admin Code.
Haha when I was watching, I was thinking to myself, "where do they think this is with these dirt bikes and quads... Philly??"
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:08 pm

jor-el wrote:Small aside; quads like that are not street legal per NYSDMV or NYC Admin Code.
So the invading Texans must have submitted their E-Permit application to NYPD 9 months in advance and gotten approval ahead of the invasion? :crazy:
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:42 pm

I watched it this evening. I found it interesting but a couple of things bothered me. I would’ve liked to have seen more dialogue for Dave Bautista. I thought he crackled in Guardians of the Galaxy and while I wasn’t looking for the same type of malapropism I would’ve liked it if he said more. I did like the sad scene in the laundromat.

I thought the doped up sister sobered up to soon, and Stupe still should’ve argued for her to stay behind because she was a liability while stoned.

Also he should’ve introduced himself as the building super, not the janitor. In New York they generally don’t say janitor if he tends to a whole building.

I thought the villains were an interesting inversion of the usual trope.

As I understood the plot point the assaults on the northern cities or more to cause general mistress and put pressure on the president and Congress to ratify the succession of the rebellious states, not to permanently occupy or ethnically cleanse.

I love the scene with the Hasidim.

While I was not happy to see the main characters all day off, this late in the building thread I’m not giving anything away, it was pretty realistic in an otherwise unrealistic movie.

I recall a friend in college who wanted to shoot a movie where the lead gets shot in the first 15 minutes, dies and then you just have another hour and 20 minutes of black screen running to illustrate the permanence of death.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:00 pm

Just re watched this morning. In the context of events and political news now two years later. The story is a lot more believable

John Titor was right

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by absinthe beginner » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:39 pm

"When a Texas military force invades their Brooklyn neighborhood, 20-year-old Lucy and war veteran Stupe must depend on each other to survive."
Sounds like a deeply flawed plot line. Who in Texas (or anywhere) is going to invade Brooklyn? Think a far more compelling and plausible plot would involve desperate, hungry Golden Horde types flooding out of post-SHTF urban centers and fanning out into the countryside.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:04 pm

flybynight wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:00 pm
Just re watched this morning. In the context of events and political news now two years later. The story is a lot more believable
Which part? The part where the South builds a huge militia army and decides to kick things off with a secret invasion of NYC that no one knows about resourced with helicopters, tons of troops and automatic weapons or the part about where they then lose to a poorly armed, unequipped, untrained, unorganized pick up team of stoners and janitors?
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:10 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:04 pm
flybynight wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:00 pm
Which part? The part where the South builds a huge militia army and decides to kick things off with a secret invasion of NYC that no one knows about resourced with helicopters, tons of troops and automatic weapons or the part about where they then lose to a poorly armed, unequipped, untrained, unorganized pick up team of stoners and janitors?
Yes :oh:

The part about more rural states beginning a civil war against more urban liberal states by sudden extreme civil unrest :shock: BTW they didn't lose. They just didn't win. Last scene the camera pans across NYC in flames as Americans against Americans fight and die....again

John Titor was right

Return to “Zombie Training Films”