"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:39 am

Okay, since they are doing the Whisperers, they have to do the "boundary line".....I would think in the season finale.

So who's it gonna be, same as the comics, or a different bunch?
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Whoa, definitely not some of the ones I was expecting.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:45 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:30 pm
Whoa, definitely not some of the ones I was expecting.
No joke! I was expecting little lover boy because obviously but the rest....... daaaaaaamn.

I also gotta say that the scene with the two speaking sign language was an amazing scene. So much emotion with nothing said.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:13 pm

AMC Plans Third ‘Walking Dead’ Series

AMC will serve up another helping of “Walking Dead,” launching a third series that tells the story of survivors in a world where a plague turns most of the civilized world into flesh-eating zombies.

“This allows us to come to the marketplace with completely uninterrupted ‘Walking Dead’ universe content from post-Super Bowl Sunday to Thanksgiving,” says Scott Collins, president of ad sales for AMC Networks, in an interview.

There’s good reason to keep the franchise going. “The Walking Dead” continues to be one of the most expensive programs for advertisers, according to Variety’s annual survey of primetime ad prices. A package of ads in “Dead” had an average cost of around $415,000 this season, according to media buyers. On TV, only NFL football broadcasts cost more. “Walking Dead” and “Fear the Walking Dead” attract some of the nation’s most prominent advertisers, according to ad-spending tracker Kantar, including Apple. American Express, T-Mobile and Microsoft.

A third series might help bring new ad money to the franchise as it matures. “Walking Dead” and “Fear The Walking Dead” captured $240.2 million in ad revenue in 2018, according to Kantar Media.. But that figure is down about 8.4% from the $262.1 million the two series captured in advertising in 2017.

The new series will be co-created by Gimple, and Matt Negrete, who has been a writer and producer on “The Walking Dead” for the past five seasons and who will serve as showrunner. Produced by AMC Studios, the series will begin production on 10 episodes this summer in Virginia.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:36 am

On TV, only NFL football broadcasts cost more. “Walking Dead” and “Fear the Walking Dead” attract some of the nation’s most prominent advertisers, according to ad-spending tracker Kantar, including Apple. American Express, T-Mobile and Microsoft.

Is irony advertising your products on a TV show set in future world where your products are no longer needed? :wink:
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:55 am

LMFAO

Yes that's irony.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:36 am

RickOShea wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:13 pm
AMC Plans Third ‘Walking Dead’ Series

AMC will serve up another helping of “Walking Dead,” launching a third series that tells the story of survivors in a world where a plague turns most of the civilized world into flesh-eating zombies.

“This allows us to come to the marketplace with completely uninterrupted ‘Walking Dead’ universe content from post-Super Bowl Sunday to Thanksgiving,” says Scott Collins, president of ad sales for AMC Networks, in an interview.

There’s good reason to keep the franchise going. “The Walking Dead” continues to be one of the most expensive programs for advertisers, according to Variety’s annual survey of primetime ad prices. A package of ads in “Dead” had an average cost of around $415,000 this season, according to media buyers. On TV, only NFL football broadcasts cost more. “Walking Dead” and “Fear the Walking Dead” attract some of the nation’s most prominent advertisers, according to ad-spending tracker Kantar, including Apple. American Express, T-Mobile and Microsoft.

A third series might help bring new ad money to the franchise as it matures. “Walking Dead” and “Fear The Walking Dead” captured $240.2 million in ad revenue in 2018, according to Kantar Media.. But that figure is down about 8.4% from the $262.1 million the two series captured in advertising in 2017.

The new series will be co-created by Gimple, and Matt Negrete, who has been a writer and producer on “The Walking Dead” for the past five seasons and who will serve as showrunner. Produced by AMC Studios, the series will begin production on 10 episodes this summer in Virginia.
With so much talent, creativity, and experience among almost anyone else... why why why why why why are they letting Gimple touch the new spin off... it's like the definition of insanity (doing the same thing and expecting a different result).

I really used to like the Walking Dead, but Gimple has little else to his resume and there is a direct correlation to his power and the shitiness of the show.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

fatty21

Post by fatty21 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:54 am

The boundary line really woke me up. I just recently got all caught up from the last 2 seasons and I'm glad I'm saving the literature for after the series is concluded. The books are always better. Loved the elevator long drop sudden stop. However Alpha's right hand man would not be upright without being undead himself. Overall this last season was ok fun.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:38 pm

It's that time of year (SDCC)....so here's the season 10 trailer...

moab

Post by moab » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:48 am

RickOShea wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:38 pm
It's that time of year (SDCC)....so here's the season 10 trailer...

I feel a little better having watched this. I'm getting tired of the "fantasy" parts of this series. When it started it was a serious dramatic series. Now it's turned into some kind of fantasy world where a king owns a full grown tiger. WTF? And it's CGI for christsake! But come on. Stop with all the fantasy bullshit that isn't real. I want the series to go back where it started. A real PAW with real issues to be faced. Not some fantasy cult that has to be dismantled. That has figured out some way of avoiding and training walkers with the help of a deadmans mask. If that were possible why isn't everyone simply doing it?!

Maybe I don't feel better. lol. Still gonna watch though.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:26 pm

Okies, new episode just aired..
Thought it was pretty good.
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:35 pm

I tried, I really did. 'There's a clandestine group of guerilla fighters lurking in the woods. They are notoriously difficult to track and they want to wipe us all out, down to the last the last child. Why don't a bunch of us go out on horseback and ride, literally rough shod, through open ground looking for signs of their whereabouts" I got about 15 minutes into the episode before I wanted to eat dryer lint instead. If you try really hard to watch it the same way you would watch Sharknado 8, it's almost palatable, almost. Sharknado at least knows what it is and isn't pretending to be something different.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:57 am

yossarian wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:35 pm
I tried, I really did. 'There's a clandestine group of guerilla fighters lurking in the woods. They are notoriously difficult to track and they want to wipe us all out, down to the last the last child. Why don't a bunch of us go out on horseback and ride, literally rough shod, through open ground looking for signs of their whereabouts" I got about 15 minutes into the episode before I wanted to eat dryer lint instead. If you try really hard to watch it the same way you would watch Sharknado 8, it's almost palatable, almost. Sharknado at least knows what it is and isn't pretending to be something different.
Oh yeah, and make sure your 6 man horse recon team splits up into 3 groups, galloping full speed into the country side. [That was a looks good drone shot but puleeez, splitting up and making unreasonable decisions is now such a joke its in a Geico commercial.] And then split off from your two man recon team to go kill some random walkers to further increase the risks.

The producers are using 'unreasonable actions' as a plot gimmics to induce an emotional response instead of professional film making techniques.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

ImageImageImage

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:40 am

Wasn't going to say anything. Didn't watch it. Don't intend to. Show was in downward spiral long before Glen jumped the shark. In real life people who make that many bad choices , are nominated for the Darwin award. Barney the dinosaur is more believable and life like
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Toothpick Jim

Post by Toothpick Jim » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:35 am

And at the end, why didn't Carol just back away from the ledge so Alpha doesn't see her, since she had more then enough time to step back before Alpha looked up, or better yet drill Alpha with a few arrows and be done with it.

Oh yeah, since when do walkers die from getting their throat sliced?? .. and whats with all that blood spurting out 3 feet???

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:39 am

Toothpick Jim wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:35 am
And at the end, why didn't Carol just back away from the ledge so Alpha doesn't see her, since she had more then enough time to step back before Alpha looked up, or better yet drill Alpha with a few arrows and be done with it.

Oh yeah, since when do walkers die from getting their throat sliced?? .. and whats with all that blood spurting out 3 feet???
Carol's being an instigator i guess.

That throat cutting thing is how you put out your friend when they are on fire and you don't have an extinguisher. Seriously though, the blood was red[ish] so I wondered if it was a whisperer.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

ImageImageImage

Return to “Zombie Training Films”