The Twelve

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

GotMak

Re: The Twelve

Post by GotMak » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:57 am

Just wanted to add my kudos as well, I've really enjoyed this one and will have to look up your other stuff. I particularly liked "Malta" - if my memory doesn't fail me, the tiny island held out in WWII as well.
"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of Democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." George Orwell

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Just got done with this one. Now I see I have another one to look forawrd to read. "Death of Conscious" if I remember the title right? I'll look into it. Poneyboy, I have but one complaint with your writing. It ends! I don't like having nothing left to read! One thing I wanted to say was, the drama from the story was partially matched from the drama caused by doc and veta. I have nothing against Doc, he's a veteran member and I love his work, but he was wrong IMO and veta, what a weirdo. I hope that guy got banned. When you said you were gonna stop the story if you and doc couldn't settle the issue, I was getting really pissed off for fear of not having any closure. Then I realized there were like 5 more pages on the thread so I was cool after that. Don't stop writing Poneyboy, I really think you could get published.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

Argyle Gargoyle

Post by Argyle Gargoyle » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:58 am

Thanks for the story!

deathstalkertwo

Post by deathstalkertwo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:25 pm

Damn, that was really a great read, which, coming from PB, I knew it would be.
Than you again for entertaining us with your great stories.

Ike

The Twelve

Post by Ike » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Comment to fallow

Shellyann36

Post by Shellyann36 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Great read! I can't find the one titled "Death of Conscience". I browsed through the older pages and I also did a search for it. The only thing that shows up with the search is the mentioning of the title from this story.
Wife to Keith, Mom to Michael (22) David (21) & Anthony (18) Lil Keith (2), Adam & Elijah (8 months)

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Try google searching it.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

nathat

Post by nathat » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Loving it so far

Shellyann36

Post by Shellyann36 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Bearcat wrote:Try google searching it.

Got it thanks!
Wife to Keith, Mom to Michael (22) David (21) & Anthony (18) Lil Keith (2), Adam & Elijah (8 months)

Griffworks
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero Dead Movies, Shaun of the Dead

Post by Griffworks » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Nicely done story. I didn't at all like Mack, nor feel any real sympathy for him after the first couple of pages. He's a hypocritical, over-the-top jagoff. He goes off on other people breaking down, berates Loralai about going off alone and rather violently goes off on Christianity, yet expects people to respect him and his own opinions and actions after he does those things he berated others for - and does all of it multiple times! He has no empathy with his fellow teens, yet expects it of others when he loses it because of things he saw and/or did. I was actually kind of hoping he'd die there after his fit after driving thru Provo-Orem and Salt Lake City.

Most of the other characters I liked, tho. Each of them was unique, having their own specific personality quirks. I'm guessing Hannah had her folks wrapped around her finger if they let her get a sleeve on her left arm, as described in the story. Particularly with her being under 18 well before the story starts, let alone the cost of such.

One critique, if I may? Break up sentences with punctuation instead of constantly using the word "but" multiple times in the sentence. It was rather jarring, if only to me.

I like the tie-in to "Death of Conscience", regardless. I'll dig around to find other stories you've written.

Thanks for sharing.
"Zombies. Man, they freak me out."

bad_karma00

Post by bad_karma00 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:33 pm

I've read this story at least three times PB, and it loses nothing in re reading. It was, and is, a great story.

Bad
"Pain is scary."
http://badkarma00.wordpress.com/
SO SAY WE ALL

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Some of you may know that I write a story here at ZS. But compared to this guy, I'm just an amateur hack. Justin Cronin is the kind of writer I can only aspire to. He treats action and heartrending characterization equally well.

I think this guy along with Cormac McCarthy, are elevating post apocalyptic fiction to the level of true literature. And I don't mean that in a pretentious way. I think these are gifted writers that have blessed the subject matter I'm personally interested in with their copious talent. They don't just make it enjoyable to read, they actually make it important.

I'm five chapters into "The Twelve" and so far, it's even better than "The Passage". Which I did not think was possible.

Azraelsjudgement
Favorite Zombie Movies: Least Favorite would be a shorter list

Post by Azraelsjudgement » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:28 am

Reading from Teenagers perspectives who did not really like or know one another really was pretty fun. Crazy ride.
"My zombies will never take over the world because I need the humans. The humans are the ones I dislike the most, and they're where the trouble really lies." - George A. Romero

caveman

Post by caveman » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:08 pm

Thanks for the Great story!
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
Ernest Hemingway

D_Man

Post by D_Man » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:26 pm

Great read. Thanks!
To strive,
To seek,
To find, But not to yield.
~Tennyson

alfa1

Post by alfa1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:09 pm

WOW...What a ride, Thanks Ponyboy

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:00 pm

I know this is thread necro, but thank you for the story Ponyboy. It was an interesting ride. Anything more from me is just :words:

Thanks! :clap:

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:48 pm

ManInBlack316 wrote:I know this is thread necro, but thank you for the story Ponyboy. It was an interesting ride. Anything more from me is just :words:

Thanks! :clap:
thanks for the good necromancing :clap:
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

dogmanan

Post by dogmanan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:12 am

WELL as always very god read.

THANKS

Return to “Fiction”