Life after Death: A Story of Survival 12/20/2011 UPDATE

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

tenhigh

Re: Life after Death

Post by tenhigh » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:27 am

Wrecking Ball wrote:YEA!!! RAMPAGE TIME!!!

This installment made a surge of hot blood rush to my weiner. :lol:
Now that is actually moar information than I wanted. :shock:
BobtheBreaker wrote:Posting while retardedly drunk is what we at ZS call SPP, Standard Posting Procedure.
bonanacrom wrote:I was saving that technique for after I win the lottery and have purchased my yak. I will saddle him and ride him drunk all across the property with spear and shield terrorizing the local squirrels and running trespassers off the land !

phoenixmastm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Land of the Dead, Undead, 28 weeks later.

Post by phoenixmastm » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:38 pm

tenhigh wrote:What is this? repeat cliffhanger time? I'm happy for an update, read through it, and BAM! Ya smack me upside the head with a cliffhanger. :cry:

Other than the brutal MOAR zombie abuse, keep up the great writing, and can we see some more soon?

I. E. moar?
I learned how to do cliffhangers from reading MJOTZY, so Kathy is the one to blame for my repeated use of them. :)

If you guys behave, I'll have more up next week sometime. Won't hold a date cause my schedule is going all to hell come Friday.
Up onto the overturned keel
Clamber, with a heart of steel
Cold is the ocean spray
And your death is on it's way
With maidens you've had your way
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

tenhigh

Post by tenhigh » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:05 am

phoenixmastm wrote:
tenhigh wrote:What is this? repeat cliffhanger time? I'm happy for an update, read through it, and BAM! Ya smack me upside the head with a cliffhanger. :cry:

Other than the brutal MOAR zombie abuse, keep up the great writing, and can we see some more soon?

I. E. moar?
I learned how to do cliffhangers from reading MJOTZY, so Kathy is the one to blame for my repeated use of them. :)

If you guys behave, I'll have more up next week sometime. Won't hold a date cause my schedule is going all to hell come Friday.
Oh thank goodness, I thought you'd learned it from Doc, and then we wouldn't get another update for months! :D

Next week is good, but we'll hold you to it! Somehow... (We moar zombies have a week to figure out something, that might involve bribery or extortion. Time will tell. :twisted: )
BobtheBreaker wrote:Posting while retardedly drunk is what we at ZS call SPP, Standard Posting Procedure.
bonanacrom wrote:I was saving that technique for after I win the lottery and have purchased my yak. I will saddle him and ride him drunk all across the property with spear and shield terrorizing the local squirrels and running trespassers off the land !

phoenixmastm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Land of the Dead, Undead, 28 weeks later.

Post by phoenixmastm » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:53 pm

tenhigh wrote:
phoenixmastm wrote:

I. E. moar?

Oh thank goodness, I thought you'd learned it from Doc, and then we wouldn't get another update for months! :D

Next week is good, but we'll hold you to it! Somehow... (We moar zombies have a week to figure out something, that might involve bribery or extortion. Time will tell. :twisted: )
FTR, bribery works better with me. Extortion will see this story shut down in a bloody heartbeat.
Cold is the ocean spray
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

thelung187
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days

Post by thelung187 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:56 pm

Great story guys, just got to page 16 today, keep up the good work!
AZMedic wrote:Oh thats not sarcasm at all. We would be truly fucked.
Melpat wrote:That "lacquer coated" ammo causes Christ to curse, causes babies to cry at odd hours, and is responsible for flat beer.
I am AR/9mm convert/pie/red-wire classic-style.

trevor3433
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Resident Evil: Degeneration, Fido, Diary of the Dead [2008], Shaun of the Dead, Dead Snow, Land of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead [2004], Night of the Living Dead [1990], I Am Legend, etc.

Post by trevor3433 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:06 pm

OMG!?!?!?!?!? WTF!?!?!?!?1?!?!? Where have I been since this story started??? MOAR!!!!!!
You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, follow me.
"Stay Vigilant, Stay Quiet, Stay Alive" - JL Bourne

tenhigh

Post by tenhigh » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:50 am

phoenixmastm wrote:
tenhigh wrote:
phoenixmastm wrote:

I. E. moar?

FTR, bribery works better with me. Extortion will see this story shut down in a bloody heartbeat.
The only possible extortion moar zombies have is whining about where their next fix is.
However, bribery is a little hard to do when I'm in AZ and broke, and you're in Illinois (?) and have all the power over us poor, deprived readers. However, if you do come down to AZ, I'll buy you a beer or three and show you where to get the cheaper smokes. Is it a deal? :lol:

phoenixmastm

Post by phoenixmastm » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:31 am

Shoe can have the smokes and beer, just show me to where you keep the guns & Cap'n Morgan and I'll be happy.
Cold is the ocean spray
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

trevor3433
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Resident Evil: Degeneration, Fido, Diary of the Dead [2008], Shaun of the Dead, Dead Snow, Land of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead [2004], Night of the Living Dead [1990], I Am Legend, etc.

Post by trevor3433 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:31 pm

MOAR NAO PL0X???!?!!!!!!!!!?! :D

Wrecking Ball
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Dawn of the Dead.

Post by Wrecking Ball » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:56 am

Trevor makes a good argument.
Finch wrote:i sometimes hope zombies come so i dont have to go to work
Finch wrote:i don't keep sharp things near me when my wiener is out of my pants
-Finch, you are a funny man.

tenhigh

Post by tenhigh » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:09 am

phoenixmastm wrote:Shoe can have the smokes and beer, just show me to where you keep the guns & Cap'n Morgan and I'll be happy.
As my lease prohibits firearms, and I don't really like spiced rum, I will do my best to hook you up with my shooting buddies and those of my friends who enjoy the wiles of the alcoholic Captain.

Good enough to get moar story? Please?

trevor3433

Post by trevor3433 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:14 am

Wrecking Ball wrote:Trevor makes a good argument.
What he said.

tenhigh

Post by tenhigh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:08 am

So somehow I got drunk and posted moar story in the "3 days later" thread. If I can do it, so can you?

(yes, I'm using my own writing to try and get you to write moar. Is it too ridiculous? I sure hope not...)

i.e. MOAR? it is next week, after all...

phoenixmastm

Post by phoenixmastm » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:38 pm

Bad news, story is delayed until I can actually get into Christmas break (week after next) because finals are next week and I need em to pass the classes I'm in.

They forgot to mention to the class that we were taking finals a week early because the teachers wanted extra time to travel for Christmas. Friggin teachers.
Cold is the ocean spray
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

Lionheart
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead both the original and remake, 28 days later and 28 weeks later, the first night of the living dead, Planet Terror and even though technically i got it in an audio book world war z.

Post by Lionheart » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:32 pm

phoenixmastm wrote:Bad news, story is delayed until I can actually get into Christmas break (week after next) because finals are next week and I need em to pass the classes I'm in.

They forgot to mention to the class that we were taking finals a week early because the teachers wanted extra time to travel for Christmas. Friggin teachers.

NOOOO!!! :(
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.
Al Swearengen

Wrecking Ball
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Dawn of the Dead.

Post by Wrecking Ball » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:02 am

Teachers are asses. Tell them that the MOAR zombies will eat them unless you post MOAR~!~!~!~!~!
Finch wrote:i sometimes hope zombies come so i dont have to go to work
Finch wrote:i don't keep sharp things near me when my wiener is out of my pants
-Finch, you are a funny man.

phoenixmastm

Post by phoenixmastm » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:40 pm

OK, there's the score, I'm working all 7 days this week, plus I've got 4 final exams to pass.....for 2 classes. 1 Lab exam, 2 Final Exams, 1 Cisco certification final exam.

I have pleaded with my boss and he's allowing me to bring in my laptop during lunch hours to get caught up on studying, make up work, whatever. I'll TRY to get some story done, but without internet access, I'm probably gonna have to rewrite it once the week after comes up.

I promise that I will post by Wednesday of the week after next, but not during this week, there's just no time for it now.
Cold is the ocean spray
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

tenhigh

Post by tenhigh » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:39 pm

This time of year is crazy for everybody, Finals and the job are the really important things. If we do get an update, it's a bonus, if not, you're busy. That's life.

The chances of Shoe posting instead are low too, right? :cry:

At least I'll have something to look forward to over break.

trevor3433

Post by trevor3433 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:00 pm

tenhigh wrote:This time of year is crazy for everybody, Finals and the job are the really important things.
Exactly, that's why I neeed mai ficks beefour fynals!!!! So, a little MOAR NAO PL0X??even if it's just a preview?

phoenixmastm

Post by phoenixmastm » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:10 pm

Crap, took a look at the calendar and remembered that I had promised moar story. :oops:

Sorry guys, been a helluva week. This week is gonna be hellish too, so I'll get story up ASAP. Should be up tonight or tomorrow, I have a little bit of it done so I'll do a couple short updates over the next week or so.

Really sorry about missin an update, holidays and people calling off work had me doing almost 60+ hours where I was scheduled for about 27.
Cold is the ocean spray
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

phoenixmastm

Post by phoenixmastm » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:26 pm

Bloody finally! After many long days of work, school, and celebration, I have a small bit of story to appease the Moar gods!

I curse myself for a fuckin idjit when the next set of radio transmissions hit us at about 4 in the morning.

“Attention anyone west of Mt. Vernon, this is a survivor group from Nashville! Get your asses inside somewhere strong and well ventilated and STAY FUCKIN SILENT!!!! There’s a massive horde heading your way, from what we’ve been told it’s the undead from Gary and Indianapolis come to munch on our skulls, so stay down and stay the hell quiet! For those who have the time, we recommend you board up the windows and doors and stay inside with no lights and no sound! This is a final warning from Nashville to anyone with a goddamn radio, stay the hell indoors and stay out of sight and sound!”

Chris was the watchman at that time, and raised a helluva alarm to get us all up out of bed. I swear that it took all the willpower in the world to keep us from skinning Zach alive when he heard the news. The little shit broke down and starting shouting hysterically. It took all of us to knock him out and keep him secure so we could move him somewhere out of sight and sound.

Once that was finished, we all grabbed what supplies we could and moved them to the basement, where the least amount of light and sound could penetrate. Austin took half of the group and went about boarding up all the windows and doors, and made sure that no zombies already nearby would give us away by pounding on the doors. I was in charge of getting shit organized downstairs, and had a hard time doing it. There was very little water left in any of the containers we had, and the pump for the well Austin had was an electric pump, so we couldn’t fill up anything until I rigged up a generator. The generator was not gonna be touched because of the noise issue, and with no idea how long the horde would take to pass through the area, we would have to very carefully ration out the water.

I have to admit, there was not a fiber in my body that wasn’t radiating fear down in that hole. Fear of getting eaten, fear of dying, fear of dehydration and hysteria, you name it and I was probably afraid of it. However, despite the fear, we all had a job to do, so I had to get over it and find something constructive to do. Luckily, even though the generator didn’t work, I had access to the pump wiring and some tools which we scavenged from Austin’s machine shed. I used what time I had allotted between wetting myself, cooking, sleeping, eating and keeping watch working on a way to either wire a couple batteries to the pump to give it enough voltage and current to run, or at least design a backup system or two to ensure that the pump didn’t go offline for too long.

However, without any diagnostic tools, like a digital or analog multimeter, or my laptop with all my electronics software on it, I really wasn’t doing much more than designing and drawing plans. I figured that with the generator we could at least keep the pump going until Ed and Art could rig up something less electricity based or until we got ahold of a couple wind turbines and solar panels.

I wasn’t the only one trying to keep busy. The others alternated between exercising quietly, taking turns on watch, and doing something constructive with regards to their skills. Art was toying with the guns, making sure each one worked and coming up with ideas on how to improve them. Sam was going over the medical supplies we brought down, and silently instructing us in basic first aid and trauma treatment. Ed was helping Art most of the time, but he also sat down with me and discussed the water pump issue with Art and Chris. Zach…Zach was bound and gagged in the center of the group, where his whining couldn’t disturb the undead and where he could be watched over. Before we could even drag him down there, Ed took him into the bathroom and had a little “heart to heart” talk with him. He later told me that he gave him an ultimatum: Shut the fuck up and don’t make a sound when we give him food, or he’ll make sure he’ll never be able to speak or breathe ever again. It worked, and Zach stayed absolutely silent for the duration of the horde’s passing.

Speaking of, the majority of the horde followed the main highway west, going after the sounds of fleeing survivors not willing to stick around and wait out the zombies. However, a good sized chunk of the horde split off and managed to go right past the house. That was the true terror moment of the ordeal, Chris gave us the “no sound, zombies coming” sign and we killed what little light we had from a couple of old flashlights and a battery lantern and listened. You could hear and feel the shuffling feet, and low moans and growls coming from outside. It sounded like there were a few of those fucking leapers mixed in, and every kept glancing at me nervously, as if they were expecting me to go nuts again. Truth be told I was far from pissed off at the zombies, more scared shitless at that point. It took them two solid days to move past the house, and the total time spent underground was just over a week long. We had all but run out of water, and what little food left was our breakfast when we climbed up out of the basement.

After unboarding the house we took stock of our supplies and the damage done. Supplies were minimal save for ammo and medical, which we still had a lot of. The damage was minor to the farmland, strange enough, and the damage to the house was minimal. One zombie seemed to have tripped over something and smashed it’s head in on one of the windows on the front of the house, the glass shards went right through an eye and into the brain, killing it instantly. The other zombies didn’t even turn to see what happened, they just kept moving westerly. There were a couple stragglers left, and we took care of those quickly and silently, blades only.

After getting ourselves back on our feet from the horde’s passage, we began planning on the next day and our “assault” on the AT&T fallout bunker.

Sorry for the lateness, writers block and screwy week are hard on writing time. Next week may see another small update, but I start school again and have yet another long workweek to look forward to.
Cold is the ocean spray
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Moar bi'itches!

:)

-
"I shoot the dead." - Harlen Maguire, The Road to Perdition.

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

phoenixmastm

Post by phoenixmastm » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Tetra Grammaton Cleric wrote:Moar bi'itches!

:)

-
Holy crap, I don't see you for ages and then you suddenly post on my story asking for MOAR?!

Will be done right away sir. :D
Cold is the ocean spray
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

trevor3433

Post by trevor3433 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:11 pm

New year and no MOAR!??!?!??!!?!??!?! WTF you said u wud post moar nao! :P

Return to “Fiction”