It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:12 pm 

Awhile back I read the story of "Roy" someone posted, and I thought it was fantastic. I thought I would post the beginning of a similar story I started writing and see what yall thought. hopefully I don't offend anyone and you guys enjoy it and want more. Here it is.

Well, Here I am. i never thought i would write in a journal, but you see, i am all alone, and this is the "end of the world" as we know it. i write this in hopes that someday somewhere, someone will read it, and either learn what it was like to survive in this world, or maybe they will make a movie about me if things go back to normal.. right. that probably wont happen but i can wish. BASED ON A TRUE STORY OF THE APOCALYPSE. that would be sick right? Well enough humor, let me get to it.

Today is January 10, 2017. This is day 10 of what i refer to as the "zombie apocalypse". this is due to the fact that ten days ago a virus broke out doing some major work to the population of humans. this isnt the average zombie story, this is the struggle of a normal (somewhat) person writing about their survival, and struggle. First i will start with how it all began, if you havent put it together yet, it was new years. Pretty odd right? Well only to Americans. So, it is the regular New year struggle, throw a party or find a party. I am 24 btw, for those who wonder. It started off with me deciding to drive to Durango (the only place near me to find a decent bar) i Live in a medium sized town in NM called Farmington, people like to call it the trap because you always come back. I did. Durango is in CO, i have always wanted to move there, just never got the balls i guess. Anyway, i decided to go to Durango for the reason that everyone goes there, hopefully i will find something decent for a new years party there. the whole goal is to make friends at a bar and get invited somewhere. Well, i did. pretty small place, lots of people partying outside, way too much weed for me though. But it turned out to be entertaining considering all of the stories i got to hear from the stoners. i dont want to bore you with the details because it wasnt project x or anything, but not bad.

Jaunuary 1st.
I woke up with a decent hangover, not bad for how much i drank, it was about 9:30 in the morning. Now before i explain how fucking hectic this day was, will tell you, this was a calm before the storm moment. I am a very nervous person, i kinda consider myself a prepper because i just dont trust that we are safe. SOMETHING is going to go bad for the US eventually, i just know it. Anyway, so me being as nervous and anxious as i am plays a lot in this story. i dont trust anyone. remember that. So, i woke up before most people did, the durango crowd really impressed me due to the fact that they had set up tents all over the yard of this cabin, and behind it. probably about 20 tents surrounded this place, when i get too drunk i sleep in my jeep, but they are prepared! Anyhow, to explain my enviroment, this is a small cabin, on a hillside with a lot of trees. not many houses around, maybe about 1/4 mile to any neighbors. the cabin istelf is kinda small, two stories but not luxury by any means, and low square footage. like i said most everyone slept outside. So i wake up and head inside, looking for a coffee maker in their small but comfortable kitchen, to my surprise this guy sitting in the living room nursing a hangover is sitting there with a hot cup. i he didnt say a word and pointed to the stove without even looking, and there was a perculator sitting there on a low flame. All i am thinking is fuck yes i dont have to wait for coffee while all of these guys wake up asking for it. i really hate people, i drink a lot before i can initiate a conversation with a random person, so that gives you an idea about me. Now this is where my day goes bad.

I walk out to the porch fumbling in my pocket for the keys to my jeep, (i drive an 85 cj7) its pretty damn loud and isnt the greatest on gas, but it always starts and never has problems, i love it. But not as much as i Love my 1970 Commando, that is my real baby. Its got a small lift with some 33" tires, custom bumpers, roof rack, but nothing too crazy. i have always felt the need to keep many things in them, (the "prepper" side of me) I keep the essential three day kit, my knife (Tom brown tracker T1 in the CJ7, and a Kabar becker bk2 in the commando) a tomahawk, (cold steel) the kind with a wood handle and the head that slips off if you need it to. a small cooking kit, tarp, firesteel, 2 cans of soup, coffee, and a stanley cup pot. Also about 150 feet of good rope, as i am a tree climber, i love knots rope and am a monkey in the trees. Back to the morning, i just want to give every detail so eveyone can understand who i am to better know my story. Anyway, i am walkiing to my Jeep and i hear a progressive amount of sirens, and start to really get a bad feeling about the sounds i am hearing. Out of nowhere i hear helicopter flying overhead, i look up at what i thought would be medical, to military style helicopter, turning right towrds us, going lower and lower, until it started to fire. I ran directly to my right into the trees, not knowing the fuck is happening, and after firing a short period pretty much directly at the cabin it takes off. like it is just going around shooting every house it sees. now completely freaking out, i hop in my jeep completely awake now, people are now panicing coming from tents and out of the cabin, they have no idea what just happened, screaming and crying. it probably only hit about 5 people from what i could tell, 3 dead, 2 injured. I wasnt going to help due to the fact that i had a strong feeling as to what was going on, and needed to haul ass home. it is atleast a 40 minute drive to Farmington from here, and i had to be careful.

For the last hour i took backroads i had learned from my experience in the oilfield the past two years, seeing cars driving everwhere when i was near a highway, i am seeing planes in the air, with chinese symbols i could not remotley read, I knew exactly what was happening, or atleast i thought i did. After taking my time home on all backroads it had taken me atleast three hours to get there, i pulled up to my house hoping it hadnt already been raided or destroyed. it had bullet holes all throughout, the walls torn to shreds in some parts. Obviously farmington being a larger city it had been hit first, i was so full of adrenaline i couldnt think straight, all im thinking is they are going to drop bombs at some point right? why wouldnt they? The whole way back to my house there were no radio stations, i didnt assume their would be considering, but i still tried. when i came inside my house i immediately lost all hope, leaning against a wall and sliding down into a squatting position. i felt so weak, like i couldnt control anything. Wondering if my family and friends were alive, i was so confused and just felt broadsided. i regained my composure and thought if this goes down im going down fighting. so i gathered up my gear that i had, not much, i hunt and fish, and i am a knife and blade nut, so i have high quality steel, but not many firearms. Basically what my stash consists of, is about ten high quality knives, 3 machetes, an axe and 2 tomahawks, my recurve bow i use for hunting (#55 pullback) no sights, about 15 arrows, and the 9mm Glock i got when i turned 21. i am a great shot with my bow so i figured it is very worth taking especially if i am bugging out to the woods. i always had a plan to do that if SHTF, but for some reason i was feeling vengeful. i didnt want to run. but for now i had to. My brother has moved to ALBQ, a large city about 3 hours away, so that would be out of the question, just a plain bad idea, all i can hope is that him and his family are alive. so i am outisde absolutely wasting time trying to decide what Vehicle to take. i Love my jeeps so much i knew i had to leave one. So i chose to take the 1970 Jeepster commando, i go into detail on this because this vehicle is my favorite item in this world. i will take it anywhere if i have to. it is old so it could be less reliable than my other, but has had a lot of work done to it and has larger tires, and a larger back storage, as i have removed the backseat making it essentially a roofed truck. a small roofed truck. this thing is all metal, it has been through a lot and wears only very tiny dents, because it is just tough as hell. anyhow, as i am loading my vehice with the supplies i had (i really wish i saved up more food) a large dog comes running down the street, looking real fucked up, he kinda has a limp and isnt very fast for being a huge german shepard. as he gets closer i realize he has no nose or mouth, it looks gnawed off, like he had been in a fight with a fucking bear and lost. this ugly ass dog with all teeth showing is coming at me like it wants to eat my ass, i finally reality hits me and i jump inside my jeep and close though door, wondering what the fuck. i am trying evade what i think is chinese invaders and this fucking dog is trying to kill me. As i examine this dog through my window, i am noticing some really odd things.. its eyes are totally white, it is mindless, just nawing at my window without much rage. just kinda hungry looking. so i start to think okay im gonna let my mind go for a sec and assume with all things happening this dog looks like a fucking zombie. im not taking any chances. I didnt want to waste any ammo, but shit, i have to get the hell out of here and this dog is stopping me. there are gunshots everywhere in the distance and i dont think mine will sound off to anyone if they are around. so i roll my manual crank squeaky ass window down just enough to find my pistol weilding hand out. my jeep is pretty tall so zombie dog is doing is best to jump to gnaw at my window, so i figure he aint touching my hand. i get my hand of the window and wait for him to get is nasty mouth near my gun and pulled the trigger. He was down for the count, so i opened the door.

You have to wonder what the fuck is going on at this point, i know. but i am on day ten and have a pretty good idea so im going to let you find out as i did. So zombie dog has been dispatched, and i notice my neighbor come out casual as shit walking over to me slowly. im just thinking to myself, what the fuck is this guy doing? he should be gone with his family, i mean, his family car is gone. now to give you an idea, i live in a suburban neighborhood, all one story houses with front and back lawns, sidewalks and a big enough street to fit cars on each side and drive down the middle. My house fits about 4 cars in the driveway, so you get the idea. back to my neighbor, his name now escapes me, but this is a friendly guy that has always waved when i pull in and his wife once brought me cookies. cheesy right? Well he gets near me and i ask him without yelling because there could be bad guys anywhere at this point, i am cautious as hell, looking around constantly. i asked him, where is everyone? what are you doing? No answer. he just keep walking towards me.. thats when i saw it. i dog size bite on his arm, and the flesh on his neck towards the back wripped away. I got really anxious as he came towards me, more and more i realized, this guy is a fucking zombie, he has to be. But i just cant assume even though i had all these questions in my head, im thinking that the chinese are invading us but now zombies? i mean obviously killing a undead looking dog is different than shooting a dude. So i took a chance i probably shouldnt have, but i made him follow me into his garage and i shut it. stupid move going through his house, but i wasnt willing to shoot unless i knew. I decided since i did him a favor i would check out his house for supplies. he had a small safe in a back room, open and cleaned out, i assume his wife left with whatever he had in their because he was acting the way he is now. Maybe there was a short news broadcast i didnt know about. after all i got here afte a whole lot of shit had already went down. upon further inspection i found they had some canned food in the cabinets in their kitchen, i decided i should take what was there. i grabbed a backpack dedicated to food from from my house and put everything i found in it. after the jeep was loaded with everything i could find useful i made a mental checklist hoping i didnt forget anything. I was able to grab the weapons i had listed earlier, all of my ropes and my tree climbing saddle, i figured i might be able to use it for some reason. I had always wondered how tree climbing spikes would fair against zombies, but i would worry about that later. I had a large chainsaw and a smaller one, i figured the large saw runs like shit and all i would need is the small one anyway, so i grabbed that. a sleeping bag, handsaw, and two 2 1/5 gallon jugs full of water. After everything was loaded up i sat in my jeep.

I just sat there and started to think, my girlfriend. i have a girlfriend, i have been so in a hurry and so anxious to just get the hell out that i forgot she is at her parents house. this is a must take trip and she is atleast 45 minutes away considering what is going on. I have to get there. You see, we got into a fight and she had went to stay with her parents for a few nights to cool off. I bet she wishes she spent new years with me now.
So i came up with a plan, im sure her dad is out guns ablazing holding off their house from whatever is going on, or i can only hope. I cannot take the risk of taking the roads to get their right now, so its probably going to take a few days to get there. i had one jerry can that i keep on my jeep, and one jerry can in the garage. unfortunately i keep them empty, but i was able to siphon my cj7 and fill one of them, one left empty i strapped it to the commando which luckily had a full tank, and headed off. driving off initially i ignored other cars, and observed the chaos closely wondering what is going on. the biggest thing you will noticed is hundreds of dogs, all very off looking, all certain breeds in certain groups. they almost travel in packs. that has to be it. i am not the smartest person in the world but this is a biological attack, and those dogs are spreading it. that is not good. upon driving past the blown up police station(one of 4 in my town) i figured i would not even take the risk of raiding it for supplies, it was taken down on purpose. i knew i had to get out.

I made it to the desert in which i was headed, i was hoping to follow the washes i knew of to get to the town Aztec, where my girlfriend was. it is a smaller town than farmington, it has about 5000 people where farmington has closer to 30,000. Having an offroad vehicle is a great thing in this situation, i would be 10x harder to spot driving in the washes, and no car can make it ten feet in a wash. for those of you who dont live in the desert, a wash is a dry river bed, they run when it rains hard but most of the time they are dry, with beach like sand. Now in January here it is pretty cold, so that could be an advantage, especially when it snows. there is some snow left unmelted out in the desert, but not much. it should snow more considering how it has been the last few years. I drove for about 2 hours when i reached some oilfield locations on the outskirts of Aztec, I had to go almost into town to reach the parents house, which is a no go, i had to play it safe. i remember and arroyo that goes behind the neighborhood they live in down the hill from their house, its the perfect approach. but to get to it, I would still have to cross the highway, so i had to be careful. it was getting dark, so i got as close as i could to the highway i had to cross. i parked my jeep next to some oilfield equipment so it wouldnt be noticable to aircraft,( if they happened to pass over) and hiked about 1/4 of a mile to the highway. when you come in the way i did, you come up behind a gas station that is under a hill edge above the road at a 30 foot incline. The gas station is the first thing you see before you come in to town, as this is the only highway between the adjoining towns. Just my luck, invaders. chinese or korean i dont know, but there were two military vehicles with chinese markings, and numbers. i decided to wait until i had dark cover to check it out.

When the sun fell out of the sky, all i could think is that i was wasting time not going to save my girlfriend. I was anxious to find out just what the fuck was going on, and this little outpost was perfect. I set myself up with my bow, knife, a kukri machete, and my glock on my hip. i tried to dress appropriately for war time and used some canvas pants for tree climbing, with an underlayer, i dont think i dog bite will go through that. that was the idea anyway. I also wore a mossy oak camo jacket, camo face mask and a black hat. i dont have any multicam or anything like that, but around here we call hunting camo "real camo" because if these guys catch me in a forest i am seeing them first. initially walking up i figured there would be more invaders stationed there for a roadblock, so i stayed cautious. I heard a lot of noise coming from a large truck parked out back. like it was full of livestock or something.. this was a dump style truck made for hauling cows or maybe horses. i took my best look and realized exactly what it was. it was full of infected diseased fucking dogs. undead dogs. I was starting to understand why i saw packs of dogs around town now. they are releasing them, getting the disease out. this is biological warfare. i had to wonder why these hadnt been realeased and started scoping around. the top or the gas station had been bunked out and had razor wire around the top. they must have made their base of ops up there to be above any undead. when i found a place to climb up to the roof, i stayed as quiet as possible. i went up using the piping to an electrical box around the side of the station. when i reached the roof i observed an invader pacing back and forth looking very scared/nervous around the outside of a green canvas tent. inside the canvas tent was what looked like two men trying to get out, obviously undead, sealed inside. it has some light inside of it showing their shadows making this situation even creepier. The invader outside the tent mumbled a few what i assume profanities in his language, pacing even more... I have never killed a man, but i was not scared, i wasnt feeling any remorse like before i kill an animal. i just knew he was an enemy and he was trying to harm my family and me.

I drew my knife as quietly as i could, I carry it tracker style horizontally on the back of my belt, in a kydex sheath, so it can make noise. but he wasnt very aware of his surroundings, and i pulled it out silently. as i crept towards him my heart started to beat harder and harder, it was cold outside but i could feel sweat building on my hat line. Right as i was about ten feet away i realized i dont want to kill him, i need answers. I need to know what is happening. Then he drew his pistol, i became ready to run at him when he pointed it at the tent, he said something in chinese and was preparing himself to fire. obviously these were his comrades and he was having a hard time pulling the trigger. Just as he was finishing what he was saying i came up behind him, gripping my knife with both hands at my waist line, pointing it toward him. I took a fast step towards him and shoved it into his lower back in an attempt to sever his spine paralyzing him. He fell to the ground completely limp, doubling over and then falling backwards. He looked up at me unable to move trying to take a breath. I kicked his pistol from his hand and kneeled on his chest with my knife to his neck, and asked where he came from and what his purpose was. He tried to mumble something and slipped away, looking into my eyes as his became lifeless. I was upset he died, but my adrenaline was so high i layed my heavy knife down on his chest and sat on the ground, It was the oddest feeling i have ever felt. I felt accomplished and drained at the same time, i couldnt think about anything but how that made me feel. I sat there for another five minutes in silence until I gathered myself and stood up. I sheathed my knife and looked at the tent.

I decided I should take care of the two inside as there might be information inside the tent. I climbed down off the roof to check inside the station, in hopes of finding an oil filter for a vehicle, I have seen videos online that show how to make a makeshift silencer to attach to the barrel of your gun with one, so i thought i would try it out. Because i didnt want to risk taking on two of them with a knife, i didnt want to risk the bow at the time, and i wanted to remain silent. I hastely cleared the gas station and found a dead clerk behind the counter, I noticed they were shot in the head, and realized that it might be possible for a person to reanimate if they were not shot in the head. I kept that thought in mind and found an oild filter and two gas cans. I took out my leatherman and filed down the sight on his pistol, it was a .32 and had 3 bullets in the magazine. I cut and pliered out a hole iin the unthreaded end of the oil filter and did my best to fit the threaded end onto the barrel of the gun, and used duct tape to secure the rest. I was thinking how nice it would be to find a 1/2' pipe threader at one of the oilfield supplys near by for future use on a .22 rifle. I would assume that would be perfect. As i came out of the gas station i looked to the west and saw spotlights pointing to the streets about a mile away in town. I heard several gunshots and knew that was my window just incase my suppressor did not work like i hoped. I crawled up the piping quickly to see the invader i killed reanimated and crawling around the roof, unable to use his legs. I felt satisfied knowing what i knew and that i had disabled him. it would have been a bad situation if he was waiting for me shambling around up there and caught me by surprise. I went over to the crawler and put the oil filter barrel to his head, and pulled the trigger. It sounded like a muffled .22 shot and i was pleased with my suppressor. it wouldnt work forever but it did work somewhat. I walked over to the tent and put the barrel straight up to the walkers heads as they leaned against the tent one by one and pulled the trigger. the both dropped to the ground and became lifeless.

As i opened up the tent i didnt find much but I map of Aztec, and some x's on the map. They were obviously the entrances to the town and thats all i found regarding plans. To my delight, i found two Ak-74 "pistols" the reason i call them pistols is because they were the innacurate version of the Ak-74 that didnt have a stock. These would come in handy though if i had to get into a firefight with invaders. I also found an ammo box with about 50 rounds inside. And the best find of my night, a fragmentation grenade. I have never seen one let alone held a live one, but i knew it would come in handy. i quickly noticed that both bodies of the invaders had been bitten by dogs. Hmm... how interesting. These stupid fucks managed to get bit by their own disease dogs. That honestly made me feel good. I felt as if I got some payback. I know this might make me crazy, but i undressed one of the undead for the purpose of taking his uniform, as he looked pretty close to my size. The idea of this as im sure you have assumed is that i can sneak behind enemy lines being semi unnoticed. I dont expect to walk right up to anyone but maybe just blend in. I took the uniform, ammo and the two rifles down to the ground and left them in a bush near the hill so i wouldnt have to hike them back. I really wanted to light that truck full of disease dogs on fire but i didnt want to bring attention to this station. I hiked back to the commando and drove it down to the station, but before i left i diconnected the sensor to the brake lights so i would go unnoticed. the great thing about old vehicles is they dont have automatic headlights unlike newer vehicles. also if they were EMP our asses i would still be driving around as i wish because of course a 1970 commando has no computer. Overall a great vehicle for this road trip. If you havent noticed i have some outdoor and survival experience, I might not have military experience but i have learned a lot online and from books, and i feel pretty confident in my abilities to fight insurgents and the undead.

Back to the gas station, I pulled up with no one in sight still, happy about that, i drove up, grabbed the rifles ammo and uniform. I also happened to grab 3-4 oil filters from the gas station, being pleased with my work. I was grabbing food and a couple cases of water and loading them up when i saw lights coming from town heading up my way. it looked to be 2 large trucks. So i closed up the back of my jeep and hauled ass across the highway, dipped out of sight into the arroyo and took off down it with lights off. I have never been more scared in my life as i was when those trucks were coming, I didnt come all this way and go through all of this to be found and executed.I realized i havent ate or drank anything all day while going down the arroyo, trying not to hit any fallen trees or run into a deer or something, I reached back and grabbed a bottle of water and a cliff bar that i had put in my jeep from my house. I honestly wasnt hungry but i knew i needed it. i scarfed it down and chased it with the whole bottle of water while stomping the gas through the sandy arroyo.

As i pulled up to the area close behind my girls parents house, I shut the Jeep down and took out my gear, same setup as last time, except i carried my new suppressed .32, and a full magazine. Unfortunately that is the only ammo he had on him, but if figure that pistol is standard issue and ill find more. I crept up the hill behind the house as quietly as i could, with my experience hunting i have become pretty good at stepping sideways to make no noise. As i approached the house i noticed it had no lights on, but there were undead outside, maybe 10 or so. i decided to take the back of the house and avoid them, for now. I pulled up my bow and knocked an arrow, and crept through a break in the back fence I had noticed months ago. I walked up to the window that they had setup an air conditioner into, because it isnt perfectly sealed, and called inside in a loud whisper, from the back room came my dog Ace, with a low growl. he scared the shit out of me because i wasnt sure it was him, but undead dogs dont make noise. Then came her dad slowly, shotgun in hand pointing it at the window, i jumped to the side because he is the protector of his family and i didnt want to get shot. I whispered again, Kevin! its me West! And waited a few seconds to look in again. when i looked Ace was wagging his tale and had his ears up. Kevin had his gun down and a smile on his face, he said get in here! ill open the window! So i went to the other window and he opened it up, i crawled in struggling to get my bow through the window, with Ace licking my face. right when i get in he says " you and that goddamn bow an arrow" I laughed and shut the window quietly. He gestured to come to the back room and i followed him in quietly, there was Kaylee, she tried to jump up fast to hug me and i pushed her back into her chair, and shushed her and gave her a kiss, im sure she knew i would make it.

We all sat down and discussed things, What the fuck happened, how the fuck it happened. I asked where her mom was and Kevin shook his head. "she went into town this morning and never came back" I told him town was a warzone and he said he understood. He knew and he didnt need to mourn when i told him, they already had. Kevin is an oldschool cowboy type of guy, and he is very smart, but people mistake his silence. i trust what he says and take it to heart. if he has a good plan, i will follow. He said obviously you got here and have been through some shit on your way, so you tell me what to do. He said he wanted to go to his dads place, and that sounded like a pretty decent idea to me considering the circumstances. I asked if there were invaders in the neighborhood and he said they just drove around and let out some fucked up looking dogs out into the streets with some big trucks. He said the dogs were everywhere and people were going crazy. And that they shot anyone they saw. We took inventory of his guns and ammo, then headed out the window to my jeep. He had a .300 win mag, 2 boxes of .300, an old school gun that i forget the caliber, he had one box of ammo for that. a twelve gauge mossberg 20" with two boxes of shells, and a .243 with one box of ammo. We gathered his camo and bags, guns and some flashlights, and headed out.

Kaylee.
Kaylee is my girlfriend of two years and deserves a good description. she is a tall, hot blonde with a lot of thick long hair, she hunts fishes and has learned a lot from me when it comes to camping and survival. she likes to complain to me but she is a survivor just like me. She can shoot well, and has gotten pretty good with a knife since being with me, and is sharp, but does panic sometimes. She trusts me and knows i know what im doing. I figure right now ill finally include a description of me, im tall and lanky, but i have worked out a lot and have learned many skills over the years of me being interested in prepping and such. I have dark hair and everyone thinks im mexican but im as white as it gets. I have read about bushcraft, survival, and improvised munitions, and have always been interested in the military, but never went for it. Ace, is a brute of a dog. He is about 100lbs, and is a bluenose pitbull. He is Kaylees protector and will jump anyone who he thinks is hurting her. He can be vicious if need be. i just need to teach him not to bite the undead, because obviously it affects animals.

Back to where we were, we made it to the jeep without any undead noticing. the thing i am worried about is the dogs, they arent extremely fast but much faster than human undead. As we made our way back down the arroyo i saw lights up at the station, those trucks had went there and there were invaders surrounding it. we would have to wait it out before crossing the highway again. after about an hour of scouting the station with some binos Kaylees dad brought, three men were left at the post and the other truck went back to town. they were pointed to the truck of disease dogs obviously being ordered to release them somewhere. i told Kaylee and Kevin to stay in the arroyo and let me take care of it, that i had to get rid of the dogs. They didnt want me to go but i told them i had taken care of the previous guards and should have burned the dogs. I gave Kevin the keys to the jeep and told him to bring it up when i gave him a flashlight signal. I made my way to the station from the oilfield supply yard to the east of it. there was a guard standing next to the front of the station smoking while the other two prepped the truck to leave. I came up from a ditch in front of the station and shot him in the chest with an arrow from about 15 yards away. I dropped the bow quickly and sprinted to him to finish the job with my knife before he made a sound. I didnt stab him in the head because i wanted him to turn on his buddies. i sprinted quietly back to the ditch where my bow was, and waited for him to turn. it was very cold outside and im sure the invaders left werent at their best. they probably didnt expect it to be so cold in new mexico right now, because they werent dressed very warm. I watched the invader i took out rise up slowly after twitching for about 2 minutes, and make his way towards the noise he heard at the back of the truck. I left the arrow in his chest because i wanted them to panic, and know that fucking rambo was after them. and that american soil was a grave mistake. shortly after i heard them yelling in chinese and two gunshots, I sprinted over to the front of the truck and observed the invader who shot the walker standing there watching his friend on the ground turn slowly in pain. right as he shot him he took an arrow to the back, a direct hit to his lungs or heart did him in. I felt accomplished as i went and pulled my arrows from them, and stabbed the one who had just fallen in the back of the head, I wanted them to know i wasnt fucking around when they came back to this post. I had to wonder if anyone else was fighting back like I was. i have killed 4 invaders so far if you dont count the undead ones, and i will remember every one i kill, im sure of it.

I gave the signal to Kevin with my light, while he drove across the road i used my debit to buy some gas from a pump near the truck, it made me laugh that it worked and i figurred i wouldnt be needing that money, that it went to good use. I sprayed down the disease dog truck until i hit about 50 dollars in gasoline. i didnt hang up the pump as i also needed gas, so i threw it down feeling like i was a fucking supervillain. Kevin pulled up as i was retrieving the bic lighter off of the guard that was smoking's body. it could have been a badass movie moment where i throw the zippo into the gasoline and the truck goes up into flames, but the fucking gas station didnt have zippos. i checked. how dissapointing. i filled up my jeep and the jerry cans while Kaylee and Kevin applauded my bow and arrow skills, and i told Kevin i told you so. when we were ready to leave i taped the gas down on the bic lighter and sparked it up atleast 20 feet away from the truck, after all i didnt need to be catching myself on fire, that would fucking suck. i didnt get to throw a zippo like in the movies but a bic taped down might have been cooler actually, because it went up like helfire and i watched the undead dogs burn for a sec and hauled ass. I took us out near an oilfield location semi on the way back near a running natural gas compressor way out of town, i stopped there because i have worked around them in the winter and they put off a lot of heat. It was a great idea, believe that. we camped oput there for the night, ate and discussed our game plan for tomorrow. I felt extremely accomplished and was happy to spend the night with Kaylee, i had bad feelings constantly up until i found her.

January 2nd.
We woke up to sounds of gunfire in the distance, even over the compressor engine running relentlessly, even over the miles of distance. The adrenaline from yesterday was gone, and i wasnt feeling like much of a badass anymore. I had to regain my composure and realize that i gotta protect the people i love. After eating a little for breakfast we headed out into the desert, after a few hours, a few helicopter sightings, we made it to some oilfield roads behind a place called wildhorse valley, this is where my mom lives, and i had to see if she was alive. Now i have seen shaun of the dead, i happen to be a huge zombie movie fan actually, (notice the walker reference) i find it suitable, its a good name. Now about shaun of the dead, Rescue Liz, go to mums, kill phil, go to the winchester and wait for all of this to blow over. Haha, I rescued Kaylee, now im going to mums, hopefully Marcos (stepdad) isnt undead but it seems fitting for some reason. Oh, except the fucking chinese have invaded America and all. Jokes aside, the zombie apocalypse would have been 30x easier than this shit. Anyhow, there is a river separating wild horse valley and the desert where we are. so i had to go through the roads to take a bridge across, which i didnt like. It could be bad and i like to play it safe. We drove across the bridge taking a main road to get to the highway, on the highway were military vehicles on the side of the road, prepping dog trucks, obviously ment for wildhorse valley. I told Kevin to open the side back window and take out one of the ak-74 rifles, he knew the plan. thats right, a fucking drive by, what else? this is new mexico after all. We probably hit 2-3 of those commie bastards and they didnt have time to fire back, i knew they would follow me into wildhorse, which is fucking great. I had a plan, this is my fucking neighborhood after all. you see, i grew up here, and they wouldnt be getting out alive. To give you an idea, wildhorse valley is shaped like a horse shoe, and there are two entrances, being the ends of the horse shoe, which are hills dipping down into the valley. I hauled ass into the second hill, my moms house is down the first road on the right, but i took the road going straight.

They had to gain their composure to follow, i knew that already, so i had a little time. I drove straight to the end of the road where it takes an abrupt right. They followed my dust trail like i assumed they would, we parked around the corner behind a shop located on the end of the road, and waited silently, guns up. Kaylee and Kevin had the semi automatic Ak-74 rifles, and i took out Kevins .300 win and laid down next to the road. As the came down about 200 yards out, i fired into the front window of the drivers side. this hit the driver but he kept coming. i rechambered and took another shot, hitting him center mass. he veered off of the side of he road and Kaylee and Kevin started to fire on the first truck that veered off, hitting the passenger. at this point there was one truck left with only a driver. i dont know what his plan was seeing that his buddies got shot down, but he kept coming. he was going to try and run us down, but we ducked behind the building and as soon as he came around he stopped the truck and got out, with us on his passenger side he took cover behind the drivers side of the truck and managed to unlatch the back of the truck and let out his trailer of undead dogs. they came piling out one after another on top of eachother. i figured this was the time to use that grenade i found in the tent from the station. I pulled the pin and tossed it right in the pile, telling everyone to run. it took out a good 3/4 of the dogs and mangled many of them sending guts everywhere. Kaylee and Kevin fired the rest of their magazines at the dogs accurately and kept their composure. the invader who opened the latch had used the cover of his truck to run like a bitch down the other road. i ran to the commando and fired it up, they knew exactly what i was doing. As i came at him he fired blindly behind him with his sidearm, hitting my window on the passenger side. its a good thing no one came with me, that would have been bad.

A few miliseconds later he was slammed into by the stinger on my front bumper, hitting him in the middle of the back, and sending him straight down. as soon as he went down i stopped and got out, he was laying right under my front axle. As he looked up at me i soccer kicked him as hard as i could and called him a stupid motherfucker in all my rage. I kicked him until he was not getting back up and drove back down the street. When i pulled back up they pointed down the street, gestured all of the dogs that got out of the other truck coming towards us. I quickly grabbed the rifle and ammo they had in the cab of the truck, then told everyone to hop in attempting to control my dog who had been in the back of my jeep. I took off down the road full speed and absolutely mowed about 12 dogs, the rest were probably fucked, and people here needed to learn to kill them anyway, if there were any. We took the first left down my moms road and made it to her house. that was a close call, but ill kill every one of those shit bags i can. We took precautions going inside, this place was worse than before, which is hard to beat. my mom is kind of a horder, but it doesnt matter now. I walked inside slowly calling out, and heard a noise in the backroom. as i was walking down the hall with my knife out in reverse grip, i noticed a note on her computer desk. i kept an eye on the backroom and told Kaylee to read the note.

West, if you make it here looking for me,
i went with Shawn, Toni and the kids. he
came to get us and take us to his cabin.
Marcos was bitten, Duke got into a fight with
one of those dogs.. and he bit Marcos. Im so
sorry..

I love you.

Well, Marcos is my step dad, that isnt what she is sorry for. Duke was my childhood dog who lives with her because he is just too old to have a different home again. I have some great memories with him, and wasnt sure i could face him. I assumed that is him in the back room. I told everyone to stay where they were, grabbed a baby gate my mom keeps in the hallway for her dog, i opened the back room door and shoved it in front of me, out came my old fat dog, white eyes and blood all over his face. i kept him at bay with the gate for a moment while i whispered goodbye, and shoved my knife in behind his head as gently as i could. I havent cried since day one, havent needed to. but That made my eyes water. i sat there for a second on my knees and thought about him, then got up and we left.

January 3rd.
I wont waste time describing the rest of January second, as i didnt focus very much that day, I thought a lot about normal life and how crazy this shit was. The rest of that day was uneventful and consisted of siphoning gas, and getting back to the oilfield roads, and driving. We drove and took breaks most of today, stopping when we saw aircraft. This attack made no sense to me, i dont understand why they didnt just bomb us. Maybe we would have bombed them back fast enough, or they dont want to wait for the fallout. they want to control the american population. and where are our allies? Time will tell.

January 4th
We have been monitoring the highway and town from a plateau about 2 miles away from Farmington where we setup camp, I wish i had more resources. i need more people for the plans i have. i want to be on the offensive on these motherfuckers. Obviously they didnt think this through, and spread their forces thin. there arent enough forces to keep going like they are. i have been watching them through a scope for a whole day now and they are having trouble not getting infected themselves. atleast where i am watching from. I will notice every once in awhile a walker dressed in uniform wandering around the compound i am watching. I have to estimate there to be 30 men maybe, they have taken over a large parking lot that is next to the only highway going from Albq to Farmington. it has atleast five large canvas tents, with a fence surrounding the entire area, spotlights at night, and barricades blocking the highway. It is surrounded by undead and abandoned vehicles that were trying to leave town. They walk around patrolling at night feeling totally safe. it makes me laugh how vulnerable they are. If only they knew. If only i had some explosives that i could just place around like in the movies, and blow up the whole motherfucker. But i dont, so ill have to figure out something better.

We have decided to keep heading to waterflow (small town south of Farmington where Kaylees grandparents live) to see if they have survived. Her grandfather has a lot of guns and also grows a lot of his own food, plus i dont think anyone would mess with waterflow. not worth it. When we started to get close we noticed right before you cross the highway, the bar on the edge of this small town was filled with trucks, the backs of them absolutely full of shit, and looked like they had run into everything in their path. As interesting as it was to me we passed it by, using the dark as our cover. When we pulled into their driveway i drove directly around to the side of their house for tree cover. Her grandfather came out with a gun yelling and pointing it at us. Kevin got out, dad! its me! He lowered his weapon and said what the hell is this! refering to my jeep covered in blood, with a gunshot in the window. We explained to him what had happened to us so far and he mentioned what he watched on the news, that the chinese had attacked, and we were in deep shit. He didnt believe us about the zombies, he just couldnt see it. He believed what we said about the dogs, using them to spread disease. But he didnt think humans would come back to life like we explained.

I couldnt stay, my family was out there, and I had to make sure they were okay. After a lot of arguing between family members, They agreed, Kaylee would go with me to find them. Kevin knew Ace and i could keep her safe, and he wanted to gather himself and his things, as he wanted to find his wife, and findout for himself what happened to her. We agreed to meet back here in three days. As Kaylee Ace and I headed off, i thought about my family, wondering how they might be. I never talked about Shawn, so i maybe ill ad a little now. He is a big intimidating guy, has lots of guns and knows his shit. He has prepared for things like this and knows what to do. I figure by now he has killed quite a few invaders. My sister Toni who went with him, is a good shot with a bow and a gun, and knows plenty about the zombie apocalypse. in fact we used to have movie marathons of zombie movies, pretty funny to think about now. She has three kids, a girl and two boys. Shawns cabin is in hesperus, CO and is atleast a forty five minute drive with no obstacles. Talking about friends and family really made me wonder where my friend Lance is, it would be nice if he were here, We are very similar and his humour would help.

So Kaylee and I headed to farmington, I decided i should leave a note incase my brother ever made it here at my house, along with one of the ak-74 rifles and a small amount of ammo. On the way there we stopped off a barren road to scope out that outpost one more time before we left. I thought about how i could breach it, and cause some confusion. we were close this time, about 400 yards, at an abandoned warehouse watching them. I observed this time that they had some prisoners. i couldnt tell how many but im sure they werent being fed. The few i saw looked miserable, and im sure there were many more. I had to come up with a game plan to take this place down. I thought that it would be best to come in from the other side where a giant warehouse was located, what used to be a semi-truck dealership. It was still full of large trucks at the entrance being showcased, and i thought how nice it would be to drive one through that fuckin place. I decided i didnt have the firepower and that i should move on. But ill be back.

Kaylee and i took our time through town, avoiding walkers, but not seeing much evidence of invaders. if you didnt take an alley every few blocks the undead would jumble up being attracted to the jeep. We had to be fast when we could and slow afterwards to make good time and get out of here. This place was lifeless, except for the occasional car you would see hauling ass in the distance. Obviously people trying to get supplies and get out. The undead werent like you see in movies, not in numbers anyway. it was just too early for there to be such large concentrations that they horde. They are stumbling everywhere, obviously the invaders hit farmington with their trailers of dogs and got the fuck out.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:29 pm 

I decided on the way we would stop behind the local home depot, this could be a really good or really bad idea. Kaylee and i managed to take a road that cuts past a busy road we call 20th, and then go through a small forest patch that is mostly just fallen trees in the middle of town. it leads right behind home depot and there is no way i am risking a front entrance anywhere. we pryed in the back door to make our way inside. It was dead quiet, and dark. But i could see a small light back near the southeast side of the store, it resembled flames. I thought we better check it out before anything, because i dont like surprises. I drew my bow and knocked an arrow onto the string, hoping if there were anything in here i could take care of it quietly. As we creeped toward the the corner of the store i heard laughing.. Which really fucking creeps me out. I will notolerate any psycho bullshit, believe me. I motioned Kaylee and started a fast combat walk with my bow up, ready to put some pain on someone, when i heard a searing sizzling sound. it instantly gave me goosebumps and thats when i heard a scream resembling intense pain. My adrenaline shot up and i started sprinting towards the sound, coming around the corner there was a raging fire constructed of lumber and pallets, covered in sheet metal, with a man tied, laying on top of it face down, sizzling, and burning. His screams only lasted seconds, and as soon as i realized what was going on the most disgusting, putrid smell i have ever smelled in my life hit my nostrils.

Two men, stood there with painted faces.. Laughing maniacly at what they just did. they were cooking a human being. a live human being. You never think about how many sick fucks there are in this world.. but what really hit me is one was wearing a home depot apron. I dont know if he worked there before or just was wearing it, but it disgusted me either way. one was right near the fire, and the other laughing about three feet away from him. The one near the fire had pink paint on his face and was wearing a hard hat, the other with black paint and street clothes, with some nasty unwashed hair and a scraggly 20's guy neck beard. I knew the man on the fire had died of shock and i couldnt help him... But i wouldnt observe any longer than a few seconds. The one near the fire was taking a big whiff and smiling when i rushed him with a 2x4 i snatched off of the ground. his head was still up smiling when i hit him harder than i have ever have ever hit anything in my life, in the side of his knee. I was looking to do serious damage when i heard the plink of wood vs bone louder than shit, most likely shattering his knee. He gasped and yelled loud, as i immediately felt someone pummel into me. I rolled off of the floor struggling to get my balance, and right as i looked up at my attacker the back of his head exploded into a mist of brain matter, completely catching me off guard. I looked over towards Kaylee holding up her shotgun still stumbling from the kickback, and stopping with it still at her shoulder. staring at him in silence. I immediately looked back to the sick fuck whos knee i had destroyed, while he was trying to get up and grab a nail gun he had laying on the table. I grabbed my 2x4 just as he was turning to Kaylee and hit him across both arms as he aimed it up, breaking his right wrist. As he screamed in pain saying something that didnt enter my mind, I preceded to beat him half to death with the piece of lumber. When he was no longer moving except his body reacting to my blows Kaylee grabbed me with both arms as i fell down to my knees.

I had went completely savage on him, and i wasnt done. Kaylee let go and said its okay, its over, I shook my head and grabbed the back of his shirt and drug him onto his back, and was about to stomp his face when i realized he was gone. I fell down backward and sat on the ground, then asked Kaylee if she was okay. Her shock was over with and she said, "they deserved it". My plan in home depot was to find a welder and some welding supplies, and I got the wake up call of a lifetime. I never thought i would see people turn on eachother like that. If only Kaylee and I would have been there 5 minutes earlier.

After a few minutes of recoup, Kaylee and i walked through the store looking for supplies. I made sure we did not split up. we grabbed a cart and looked first for a nice tig welder and some welding supplies. We grabbed everything we needed to weld as we see fit. I grabbed some 3/4 pipe about six feet long, and some 1" pipe as well, it had to be seemless as i needed something that could handle impact. I had an idea that thought might help in certain situations. and also wanted to add some protection to the jeep incase of gunfire. I found some 4 foot long by 2 foot wide 1/4" metal sheets that should be perfect for small arms fire. I didnt want to build a tank or anything, but i wanted to be more secure.I grabbed up most of the angle iron and 2x 1/4" metal stock i could find. It would be semi easy to bend, which helps as i am no expert fabricator. I also grabbed a steel stake as i had a plan for making Kaylee something so she could more easily dispatch the undead, because she doesnt have quite the wrist strength to pierce an undead skull easily with her knife. Those climbing spikes i had brought along in my stock up from my place gave me an idea for a weapon that could be an extenstion of your arm, instead of risking injury and being bitten. I would use one of the gaffs/ climbing spikes as my main frame for my weapon, though the power grid in Farmington had been knocked out, so we had to execute our plans somewhere else. There was electricity still in most houses, out of town. We headed off towards Shawns cabin once again, Taking to the desert again for cover, as driving through aztec was too much of a risk. Hesperus is about a 45 minuute drive from aztec, and it would take even longer to get there driving offroad. We stopped at a house on th outskirts of town to siphon some gas from some abandoned cars. The house we found was a nice 2 story home, receded from most of the city. It had solar panels on the roof and I knew that it might have some juice.

We went inside to clear the house and discovered that a family had locked themselves in after someone was obiously bitten. Havent people ever seen zombie movies? The house reeked of death, and we new there had to be dead in one of the rooms. we couldnt begin our projects until we cleared it. I approched an upstairs room where i heard some knocking around against the walls, and told Kaylee to stay back. I blew a hole through the middle of the door with the shotgun Kaylee carried. I had fitted a 3/4" pipe arouund the barrel with holes drilled into it about 10" long at home depot, where I had filed the inside down just enough to fit snugly on the 12ga. barrel, for about 3 inches, with a round file. I have always had an interest in homemade silencers, and had about a million and one ways of making them. Though every caliber needs something slightly different. The idea is to muffle the gas pressure releasing from the barrel when you fire. after fitting the hole filled pipe onto the barrel, mostly secured with some heat tape, I wrapped atleast five large paint sponges around the section of pipe, wrapping them with duct tape, and then some heat tape. This was about the ugliest end of a gun barrel you have ever seen, but it made a shotgun sound like a red rider bb gun on steroids. it was pretty functional, and this was my first time trying it. After blowing a hole through the door at chest level, I quickly looked through the hole i had just made seeing 3 undead in the room. Now trying to reach out of the melon sized hole in the door, I could identify where their heads might be. I fired two more shells at head level where i thought they might be. I heard one drop, so i kicked the door in, now with my Larger tomahawk in hand. When i entered the smokey room, now filled with composite door dust, I saw my first kill, who had knocked down two other zombies. I killed the father, and getting up off of the ground was a kid, who looked about 10 years old, and another zombie who ad obviously been his mother. I swung at the kid without thinking, driving the tomahawk into his skull, and dropping him limp. It was lodged in his head and i had to turn around and grab the shotgun to take care of the woman whos face was half eaten, as i didnt want to waste time retrieving the tomahawk. when i turned around Kaylee motioned for me to move, i took a step sideways and she launched that bitch directly into the wall, head first. I didnt want to take the time to think about the kid zombie and I didnt want Kaylee to have that running through her head either. So i retrieved my tomahawk and said lets go.

While i walked downstairs i couldnt help but think how impressive my freaking suppressor was. It wasnt like so quiet that you could sneak through a compound or anything, but it was significantly quieter. I had Kaylee open the garage door to the house, while i went outside and grabbed the jeep, i pulled it into the garage and shut it behind us. Now the work would start. I started by placing a sheet of metal facing at an angle upward, about a foot away from the front window. In hopes to deflect fire from the front windshield. I have had a gauge missing in my jeep for quite some time, it was that way when i bought it. The reason i thought of this is because there is a 2 inch hole in my dash where it used to be. I had the idea to put the 3/4" pipe through the hole in my dash and diagonally through my hood aiaming about head height. by putting a 1" plug on a small peice of 1" pipe, with a nail welded in it, creating a firing pin. the idea behind this is a slamfire shotgun barrel. The nail in the plug at the end of the 1' pipe will hit a 12 gauge shell that fits snugly in the 3/4" barrel, causing it to fire out the end sticking from the hood. I aimed to be head level from a few feet away. This can be a great defense from inside the vehicle, completely protected. It only fires once at a time but it can be a great way to take care of someone in a bad situation. I accomplished this with the welder and a few power tools i collected. After armoring the jeep a little bit and putting my insane shotgun idea to the test, we got to work on the weapon i thought might help Kaylee. because sometimes you just have to use a knife. Initially, a gaff is a L shaped piece of metal with a padded leg strap on the end without the L bend. The L bend is ment to sit under your foot to hold your weight while spiking a tree or a utility pole. I grabbed them because I thought a fast easy way up a tree might help in bad times, but i think ill be alright. Anyway, really not much modification to make this a weapon that is literally an extension of your arm. I took the bottom part that goes under your foot and rounded it out a bit to be more comfortable, as that would be the handle. Then i wrapped it in paracord for a good grip. The leather pad was already perfect for strapping to your arm, so that didnt need anything. The gaff already has a spike but needs penetration, because it is about 2 1/2 inches long, for climbing utility poles and trees, thats all it needs to pierce bark. I tapped out the pin on th spike and welded on a hardened steel stake that is about 12 inches long, and ground the stake to a nice sharp point. This puts the point of the stake about and inch to the right of your hand, while gripping the foot of the gaff and having it strapped to your forearm with the leather pad. and when you arent using it, you let go of the handle and turn it slightly from your hand. I perfect and fast weapon system in the world of the undead. I had Kaylee test it on a phonebook we found in the house and it went through most of the way. She was ecstatic that she could do that, haha. Now that we had a better setup, and some new toys, we were ready to make the rest of the journey to Hesperus. We camped out in this house for the night, and would start again in the morning.

January 7th
We made our way over the New mexico border with no problems, not much in the way of invaders where we were. Driving near the small town of hesperus people looked out of their windows and stared, frightened that it might be the chinese. and y the people in the small town i mean the two houses we passed. It was dusk when we passed through, so we setup camp deep in the pine trees surrounding us outside of town. It was cold as hell, so we threw up a small shelter and built some firewalls, and also buried our fire low just incase. We did not want to be seen from a distance in the dark. The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my jeep back window opening. It is a very distinctive sounds, it sounds like oldsprings stretching and metal rubbing metal. it comes up fast and it is like nails on a chalkboard. I came rushing out of our tarp shelter and saw some asshole who just realized he had fucked up. he took off running, but couldnt outrun the charred log that nailed him in the back. This slowed him enough for me to catch him easily, as i wasnt going to chase his ass. When i took him down he begged for me not to kill him, that he just needed a gun. He must have been about 17, and was not an athlete or anything, ha.

January 6th
As i pulled him off the ground i asked what the fuck he needs a gun for, and he said he has to kill his brother. I am thinking he is batshit and i should end him now, and he mumbles that he thinks he is a zombie or something. I laughed out loud even though it was pretty fucked up, and asked him where he was. I have noticed my sense of humor towards the undead is getting worse and worse.. whatever helps. Obviously he hasnt had much issues with the undead, nor invaders in this small, odd community. I asked him what he knew and he stated that they had watched the news, but he was baffled by the fact that i was confirming his zombie theory. I guess he wanted to be wrong. I introduced the little fucker to Kaylee and we gave him a ride to his house. Rusty was a medium height, pretty skinny built kid, with dark hair that goes past his ears, that he needs to take better care of. he constantly has a tremble in his voice and is not the brightest from what i can tell, but i think he is just in shock from all of this. We pulled up to his house and i got out of the jeep, went around back and opened it up. I wasnt going to really give him a gun as he might be an idiot. I grabbed the tomahawk i didnt have under my arm and flipped it in my hand, giving him the handle end. He grabbed it and held it up next to his face gripping it with both hands as he looked around nervously. He relaxed a little with a weapon in his hand and being that we were there, and were pretty geared up. I told him to get that shit away from his head, and hold it up behind him or else he would have no power in his swing. My setup currently is my glock on my hip, concealed, a cold steel riflemans hawk under my arm, and an ak-74 slung on my back most of the time. I still have the .32, but i am out of ammor for it and will need more. I probably need to put a new suppressor on it as well, as it was held back on with duct tape. and I also have my tom brown tracker scout style on the back of my belt. What i mean by the tomahawk under my arm is a setup used in the military, basically a sheath on the tomahawk head with a strap attached to the kydex on top to hang on your opposite shoulder so it hangs right under your arm. it is very fast to get to with my right hand. The reason i am so adamant about the tomahawk is because 1. it is a great melee weapon 2. a great breaching tool 3.you can throw it consistently and accurately. Kaylees current setup is the suppressed 12ga hunting shotgun, her kabar bk16 knife, Ace, and her always attached arm weapon i made for her. If she ever gets into a close call im sure it will come in handy. And for general dispatching of zombies it is bar none. Im actually jealous i didnt make my own. She is my backup and is always ready to save my ass. But i will always go in first, i wouldnt want to put her at risk like that. And no one will ever sneak up on her, considering Ace protects her every move she makes. We are getting him trained better and better to be able to let him out of the jeep more, I just dont risk it a lot because i dont want him getting dead. When we have more time i will make sure that wont happen.

Back to Rusty. We approached his small cabin style house and he told me his brother had been out chopping wood and came in with a bite on his arm. he said he was attacked by a rabid dog, and i immediately became cautious. Those bastards will sneak right up on you. They make no sound and are almost more creepy than human undead. You see logically, zombies dont breathe. This isnt the walking dead and they dont make a loud choking sound to warn you right before they come about behind you. They are eery quiet, and the best way of detection is to hear footsteps, or dragging of feet. But the dogs, you dont hear footsteps, and when they are trying to bite you, there jaws snap and clank making it even more exciting to be near them. We opened the front door and walked in cautiously, as he motioned to the back room, I signaled them to stay back and i put my ear on the door. I pulled out my knife and wrapped the lanyard around my hand, so it wouldnt slip, and slammed open the door with my shoulder. As i rushed in i saw him in the back corner, he had a colt 1911 pistol in a holster on his hip and was facing the wall. I shut the door imediately behind me and rushed him against the wall with my arm, bringing my knife up through his chin and letting him drop to the floor. I grabbed the pistol and holster off of his belt and checked the magazine, it was full, and he had about 15 rounds in his pocket. I did a quick scan around the room, and walked out. I nodded my head at Rusty and handed him the colt in its holster and the extra rounds and said grab all the food you have and some gear, lets go. While i was standing in the front room trying to get a channel to come in on the tv, waiting for Rusty and Kaylee to grab food, I suddenly heard Kaylee scream and then some grusome sounds. I ran into the kitchen with my tomahawk drawn andd ready to swing at someone, to see an undead dog on the ground and Kaylee checking out Ace to see if he was okay. Her arm weapon worked quickly and effectively, she impaled that fucker. I was very proud of her. The kitchen had a sliding glass door to the back yard, and it was open just enough to let in the disease dog and almost get my girlfriend and my dog. I should have been watching closer.

While high fiving Kaylee, I turned to take a view of the back yard. I grabbed her suppressed 12ga off of the counter and opened the door enough to walk out. This place was about a block from the road and was almost on the edge of a moountainside, with trees all around, providing an awesome view. I was getting ready to turn around and walk inside and just in time out of the corner of my eye about 7 undead dogs were about three feet away from me. i reacted with jumping backwards, turning into a fall over a pile of firewood, landing flat on my back. when i lifted my head to look forward there was one right over me. I grabbed a chunk of firewood and smashed it in the head as hard as i could with my left hand, not doing shit for damage, but it got his jaws away from me as i kicked dirt up sliding backwards as fast as I could. When i reached the chopping block i looked to my right just long enough to see Rusty in the kitchen packing food with the screen door shut. I was going to beat his ass for not paying attention if i lived through this. As i crawled past the chopping block with the axe in it i dropped the shotgun onto the top of it, one hand on the handle, the other holding me up off the ground, I aimed in the direction of the two closest dogs and turned them into some fucked up siamese twins as i pulled the trigger and there heads slammed together in a pulp. I got to my feet and put one in the chamber, and hit the other closest to me directlty in the top of the head, wiping his brain across the ground. The last four dogs took one more shot but were far enough away that it only took out one of them. i dropped the shotgun and pulled the axe out of the chopping block and made a powerful horizontal sweep hitting two of them, taking out the first and dropping the second one to the ground, but not killing him. While he was down I swung it on his head like I was splitting wood. The last dog took an unsuspecting spike to the back of the head from Kaylee and dropped dead. She and Rusty heard my shotgun, though it is quiet it isnt silent by any means.

I was ready to leave this fucking house of dog horrors and get back to my plan, so we headed out towards the cabin. The road there was scattered with cars from an upcoming roadblock and were getting thicker an thicker, all abandoned of course. So we took off into a trail we had seen a few blocks back into the forest and kept our way, it was a rough ride, running over small trees and such because it hadnt been used in awhile. We made it past the concrete roadblocks after a short drive through the forest and came back out to the highway and started pounding pavement. As we approached the long driveway/ dirt road to the cabin , I observed its defenses,before i pulled in. being that only one vehicle could travel down this road. I stopped the Jeep really quick to take a piss and check out the view from the other side of the road to see if i could see anything. i started hearing a humming in the distance and grabbed the binos out of the jeep to look down the road both ways. coming around a bend off of a hill about 4-5 miles off, there were 3 military trucks coming, I knew we didnt have time to waste if they tried to come this way, So i hopped in and made dust down the road to make it to the cabin. When i reached the cabin Shawn came out with an Hk at the ready, and quickly realized it was me. You see, he gave me this jeep to fix up, so he knew it better than anyone. He laughed, waved and motioned for me to pull around back, so i did, observing that my sisters suv and his vehicles were around back. First thing i noticed were his motorcycles in the back of his truck, he managed to fit both in somehow. He just couldnt leave them. I didnt even shut off the Jeep and jumped out, and ran inside. I opened the door to my sisters kids hugging me and everyone greeting me, I saved introductions and heartfelts for later and told Shawn the situation. I had to go back up the road to atleast try to defend this place if they came. Told everyone to stay and get ready to go to war, and head down. The first thing i did was use my e-tool to dig a tire width trench about '1 1/2 down at the middle of the road. I put a few small sticks across and covered it with leaves and a little dirt. That was the fast easy way to disable a truck incase i didnt finish the rest of my plans. These motherfuckers never new who was after them. It was about 4:00 in the day and the sun was still up high. I probably had 15 minutes before they were here, So i had to hurry. i Found a pine tree that was tall and had some low limbs i could ladder right up, that was right near my trench, and i made sure i had a quick way up it if need be. i was going to go robin hood and make some man size traps, but i didnt have time and there might be too many for just me. So i went with plan B. I remembered that Shawn had tannerite exploding targets last time i was here, and hauled ass to see if he still had them. I showed up and explained my plan and he smiled and said to follow him. We ran to his side shed and checked it out. He had 5 one pound tannerite targets left. That is a pretty good haul, and would do just fine. I grabbed one of my 5 gallon gas cans and drove back down the road. I dug a quick hole about 15 feet behind it about 12 inches deep, enough to fit a one gallon gas can if you catch my drift. I placed 3 pounds of tannerite and four gallons of gas in the first trench, and covered it back up with the leaves. in the second, i used 2 pounds of tannerite and 1 gallon of gas, and covered with leaves. If you dont know yet tannerite and gas makes a nice fiery explosion, and 5 pounds and five gallons will decimate a car. So hopefully this does pretty well. I was going to bring the bow and do this quietly, but if there are explosions i might as well use the Ak. I parked the jeep a distance away behind some scrub oak where it was moderately covered and climbed my tree. I waited for about 5 more minutes when i saw the trucks. two passed by, then three, then four, and five. I was almost shitting in my pants hoping they didnt come here, and they kept driving. That was way more trucks than i originally saw. I couldnt see much of the highway but they were gone. I was almost dissapointed about all the work i put in but i guess its better they didnt come. I waited a few more minutes and was just about to get out of the tree, when two motorcycle mounted invaders turned onto the road. hurried, a drew up my ak and aimed at the first hole/trench. I wanted to save one of these guys for questioning. So i aimed back at them and fired on the first one from probably 50 yards. He fell off of the bike and his buddy imediately turned around and started hauling ass. I tried to fire on him and the branches were blocking me and i couldnt hit him. he was getting away and i couldnt let him get back to his friends and tell them there was people here. This was a bad plan on my part..

I had jumped from the tree and ran straight up to the downed bike and and man, and shot him in the head for good measure. I hopped on the bike hoping it wasnt flooded, and was able to crank it up again. I hauled ass down the dirt road scared he was getting away, and thought about how bad this could be. I pulled out onto the highway and started heading to towards town, I immediately regretted my decisions as i pressed on, hoping i was catching up. When i pulled into town i slowed down to about ten and was looking all directions when it hit me. I was shot, for the first time in my life. It felt like it nailed my leg to the motorcycle, and immediately felt like a hole was burning through my thigh. I crashed to the ground at a crossing in the road and tryed to get up. The pain was searing in my leg and i looked up to find out i was surround. with guns on me i helld my hands up, hoping not to be killed. I was tackled down in a flurry of yelling and men kicking me and tying my hands up. I didnt fight back, as hard as i was beat, because i didnt want to chance anyone getting pissed off and shooting me. I had to live.

January 10th.

Well, here i am. Yeah, bet you didnt guess that huh? I am writing from heaven.

Just kidding, im in a fucking camp starving for the last four days and everyone probably thinks im dead. I started to write in this journal because i acquired it and thought i should write about my journey so far, just incase i die in here. I have been able to hide it so far. in hopes someone will find it one day. I have been able to not think so much about how hungry i am by staying angry and thinking about payback. I have to get back to my family, and I will.

January 12th.
I was able to get my first meal yesterday, because obviously they want to keep us alive for some reason. So we cant die of starvation. I was given a small bowl of rice, as were the other 7 people here. The guard threw me a dead bird when he handed me my rice specifically. That piece of shit must like me i guess. He laughed when he threw it down in front of me. He is always kicking me and yelling at me randomly out of anyone. It must be because i took out one of his communist buddies.

January 13th.
I wont be writing nearly as much anymore, as i was able to get my story up to here which was my goal. I am now focusing on keeping this group strong and watching everything i see. Maybe planning my escape. They are keeping us in a basement that is about 15x20. Maybe the basement to some kind of business in the town. I dont know. I can hear a lot of traffic upstairs, a lot of men and a lot of voices. Sometimes ill hear a truck outside the basment window. You can only see the side of a brick building out the window, nothing else. And the window is barred. I am all observation right now, and i save my energy as i have only had one meal. My stomach is in knots, and i have never been so hungry in my life.

January 15th. Today we were brought another bowl of rice, except mine was not cooked. everyone elses was. they have it out for me.

January 20th. A man in the basement named clint died today. They have been interrogating us, and i think i may have some broken ribs. The man must have been 60-70 and just couldnt handle the starvation and stress anymore. He died in this sleep, i think from pneumonia. They have an interrogator that speaks english, and the most i have said to him is eat shit. He is asking where our people that are attacking their men are hiding. I laughed and stayed quiet. all im thinking is this is America asshole, no one is going down easy.

February 10th.
make my move.
I havent written in awhile. These stupid motherfuckers think i am some kind of information mole, they question me everyday and i point out on maps where "everyone is hiding" because I "couldnt handle being hungry anymore" They are feeding me a meal once a day to keep me talking. I never thought i was such a good actor. These stupid fucks are out searching abondoned buildings i have come across in Farmington because I figured my lies wont come back to me very quickly if they are looking there. I am getting stronger and formulating my escape as i give them false information. here soon they will figure out i am bullshitting them and start beating me again. So i have to make my move.

February 15th.
With my observations i have learned how many men sleep in this building, and that there is one guard for us at the basement door, and two guards out front of the building. They seem to use this building as a sort of command for wherever we are, and have maps and radios upstairs on the second story. I dont know if anyone is up there at night, but i noticed some kind of explosives crate when they were letting me point on their maps in that room. Clint was a fisherman it seems.. He had one of those big fish hooks that are bent onto the bill of his cap, I never knew what those were for, decoration i guess. They left him down here to rot with us, and i snagged it off of his cap. I bent it out straight for a handle but kept the hook intact. it was the best weapon i could figure out to make, so i used my resourcefulness. I have wrapped the handle with some fabric i tore off of the bottom of my shirt, making it thick enough to hang onto for a grip. I am going to inform the people here of my plan and make my move tomorrow night if things are calm.

February 16th, 2-3:00 am.
I have decided not to tell anyone about my plan until now because i didnt want them acting suspicious all day. They are filled in and ready. I decided to have them stay until I take out whoever is in the building, then give them the signal and hopefully hook them up with some guns, as i didnt want to make a lot of noise. I heard the last voice about an hour ago, so the guard hasnt spoken to anyone in awhile and im sure he is not as awake as he should be. I crept up the stairs absolutely silent, and made my way to the door. I put my ear to the door and listened for a good minute, with everyone downstairs watching me intently. to my surprise i heard some heavy breathing, constricted though. I assumed he might be slouched in his chair sleeping. I opened the door as quietly as i possibly could, and peered out to my right where the guard usually stood. I have noticed that he likes to drag a chair over at night when his superiors are not around, big mistake.
As soon as i came around he door he slowly lifted his head squinting at me, and i was the last thing he saw when his eyes got wide. I put my hook shank to the left of his trachea and yanked to my right, ripping his throat apart, while it blead like a deer when you hang it. It was spraying blood and i knew i nicked his corroded artery. I quickly grabbed the bayonet from his belt while he tried to realize what happened and grab his throat. I gripped the knife and got near his face and said "you fucked with the wrong guy" and shoved it into his chest right under his chest plate. I didnt stab him in the head because i wanted him to turn.

I grabbed his Ak and ran it down to the people in the basement, i told them to come to the top of the stairs and wait, while i went up. I now carried the bayonet and had his pistol tucked into my belt. I quietly crept upstairs to find one up there, bent over the maps with a magnifying glass and a headset on his head. I went into the space behind him in the shadow of the room, and he mumbled something into his headset quietly. I came up behind him and the first thing i did was yank the headset off of his head, then with my right hand stab him right in his fucking earhole. I had no compassion for him as he didnt for me. He went down yelling and made my blood boil with anger. he had a knife halfway in his head and still screamed. i covered his mouth and nose just as he stopped screaming and faded out. I ran to the window to see if anyone had been alarmed as fast as i could. No one heard him. Thank god.

I went back up stairs to finish what i started and grabbed his map. This map had the locations of every post the had set up in the four corners. This is major. I checked the explosives box carefully to find 30mm grenade rounds. I cant think of anywhere i could find a rifle to shoot these, but i grabbed the box anyway. I check the closet behind him to find his service rifle and a box of ammunition. I grabbed the rifle and ammo and ran downstairs quietly to the basement and handed another person the other ak and the ammunition. I didnt want to leave them on their own, but i had a mission, i couldnt have them getting me caught. I told them good luck and to be careful.
I ran up and opened the second story window and stepped out onto the awning from the bottom story roof, and looked around to see what i recognized. I was Durango again. At a small place on the south end of town. I just remember thinking, you have got to be fucking kidding me. back to square one except i dont have any gear or my jeep. fuck.

My enemies were setup on main street durango in front of the building i had been in, and coming out the back was the train station and river. Across the river was the forest. I had thought i should go there and make it in the woods but i have nothing. I would literally be risking survival doing that. As much as i was scared to, i had to take out some invaders. I knew i couldnt take this whole place because it is the biggest compound i have seen. It probably has about 40 men on the premises. I needed a plan. I decided to leave the 30mm rounds outside behind the building and crawl back into the window. I went downstairs and the invader i took out downstairs had reanimated and the people were hiding from him in the basement. i silently stabbed him through the back of the head and set him down quietly. I knocked on the door and whispered, so i wouldnt get shot, and they opened it up. the people were still in the basement formulating a plan. they wanted to take everyone by surprise in the morning. I informed them that they would die if they attempted that. They have two rifles and dont know how to use them. I told them to stay held up in this building because i had a plan. I said that if anyone walks in, blast them, but if no one comes, just sit tight. I went back upstairs and decided to take the uniform from the invader upstairs and put it on. after i fitted the uniform i snuck back out the window and walked around the back alley behind the building. I crawled on some piping to find the roof of the tall building next to it, to get a birds eye view of the camp. They had both side of the street now blocked off with fence and razorwire. There were 6 men patrolling the fences, which were teaming with undead. i have a feeling that while i was trapped in this building for the last month the number of undead have probably become exponential. I spotted the tent in the middle of the camp that was long and seemed to be the barracks. That was my goal. I snuck back down the building and started moving silently through the shadows behind the buildings to the southwest, heading to the south side of the street. As i made my way down the alley behind the buildings i stayed observant, watching for lights or sounds in them.
I made it to the other side of the compound, and watched the 3 guards near this fence talk while they kept their distance from the undead lined up at the fence shaking it. Im surprised they feel so safe. Fuck that job. Especially with me around.

It was probably about 4am at this point, it was still very dark and kinda cold, but not extremely bad. I waited around observing them for about 15 minutes to find a break in their vision so i could sneak to the barracks. The guards had noticed a small space in the fence and went to check it out while one stayed watch in the middle. But he was looking at them while they checked it out anyways, so now was my chance. I stayed low and ran across the lights back into the shadowed part of the side of the barracks tent, and layed on the ground to then roll under the canvas and end up inside the tent. There were 20 men inside sleeping. I made sure to stay low and observe for a minute to make sure everyone was sleeping. I had little time to execute my plan so i went ahead. Doing the craziest fucking thing i have ever done in my life. I made my way to the first invader, and was about to slice him open when i noticed at the foot of one of the bunks was my fucking knife. I had thought about it since day one of this shit, that i knew one of those fuckers was going to take my tom brown for their own. I know it was dumb but i had to get it, or i never would get another chance. I snuck over and grabbed my prize posession in this world and snuck back to my place quietly. I noticed a rifle in the corner to my right that had a 30mm launcher mounted under it. That would aid me ridiculously. I realized that I should grab it on my way out so i put a pin in that. I stood quietly over the first invader, preparing myself for the chaos that was about to ensue. I took a deep breath and slit his throat deep and all the way across fast. on to the next one, and then the next. I got 4 guards when the sounds of their struggling moans became too loud to risk my cover, so i grabbed the rifle and rolled back out of the canvas. I stayed in the shadow for a moment and waited. After about 4 minutes went by, I heard the first scream, and the guards from the fence flipped around and ran around the tent to the entrance.

I can only imagine how many i caused to get bit, I will never know. I felt satisfied with my plan as gunshots were sounding inside the tent and i had all of the gaurds away from the fences. I ran to the building where i was kept prisoner and knocked on the door yelling for the other prisoners to come out. I told them to unload their magazines on the canvas tent, spreading out damage as they could. They started firing and i ran back behind the building where i left the 30mm rounds in the crate. I loaded one and stuffed my jacket pocket with two more and ran to the front again, where all of the action was. I loaded a 30mm and shot it directly at the entrance of the tent, hopefully preventing anyone trying to get out from escaping, and instead blowing their legs off. Initially, the shot blew up, but then started bellowing smoke everywhere around the entrance of the tent. I was confused and pissed, because i am thinking, this is a fucking smoke round? At the time i was aiming for death and didnt think about the utility value of this. But this wasnt the case. One of the prisoners walked over towards the smoke to make sure he could shoot anyone trying to come out, and as soon as he stepped into a little of the yellow tinged smoke he collapsed, and started choking, and immediately stopped moving. Some people started to try running at him and i yelled for them to stop. We didnt know what this was and it could kill us. We waited for a moment and he came back to life almost instantly. It must have been 10 seconds that it took him to come back. I had my jacket covering my face (who knows if it would help any) and shot him as soon as he got up. Could this be what i think it is? The virus in a weapon? Who knows.

I didnt want reinforcements heading our way so i gathered the group quick. They were all thanking me and happy to be released from the hell in that basement. I sent them to the buildings the invaders occupied in groups to find food and supplies. I told them we would meet behind the building we were held in, in ten minutes. As bad as i wanted the guns and ammo in that barracks tent i wasnt risking it. I searched one of the buildings they seemed to use for a sort of food storage with one other survivor, his name was Josh and he was always saying something dumb or smartass to the guards, and i like him for it. You cant take any shit from your enemies. He seemed pretty smart and knew how to handle the undead from his stories he told in our captivity. He was probably 20 years old, and found me to be a badass because of my stories. He constantly is asking me questions and how i would do things. Haha, if only he knew how normal i was. We went to search the building and found a few good supplies. A canvas tarp that was probably 20x10, a bunch of MRE's, some backpacks to hold our gear and a couple bayonets, and a couple pistols. The other survivors came back with some more MRE's, and a 3 ak rifles. We headed out away from the city to cross the river, and were able to find a small bridge that crosses near the train station. I wanted to come back into town later to check out the home depot before you go out of town and maybe find a vehicle there too. But for now we had to wait for the heat to go down. The outpost was teaming with undead about to tear down the fences and the town had to have been covered in them after our little escape. We headed into the forest about a mile and decided to camp out and get some sleep. There were 5 survivors left, not including myself. We had some quick MRE meals and shut down for the night, sleeping on the ground in the clothes we had, as we were exhausted from the night we just endured.

February 17th.

I woke up before the rest of the group, and left them to sleep for a little while. These people needed some warmth and some nutrition before our journey ahead, so i went to get some firewood and collect some pine needles to make some tea. God it would be nice to have some coffee right now. The first day of all of this i got one fucking sip of my coffee before i was attacked by these pieces of shit. Funny how fast a hangover goes away when you are running for your life. While i was walking in the woods i saw a two rabbits, one after the other. I wished i had my bow badly. I do have to wonder though.. Do wild animals turn when they die like humans? So far as i know, dogs turn, humans turn. Lets hope when you bag a deer it doesnt come back trying to eat your ass while you are gutting it. I wanted to test this theory, so i decided i would make a temporary sapling bow. I know how to make a more permanent bow, but it takes a lot of time i dont have and i really am not a master of it by any means. But a sapling bow is essentially 3-4 small bendy saplings tied together on the ends, making a 30-40 pounder. its fast and easy but wont last for more than maybe 10 shots and then becomes too bent. I fashioned by bow with some paracord and 4 saplings, and two quick and easy arrows. I really wanted to know if a rabbit or deer would come back, as this is probably going to be our food source in the future. I cant help but wonder if my family is okay. If Kaylee is okay. hopefully they werent attacked after my dumbass stunt on the motorcycle. It has been over a month. While stalking the woods with my bow i finally spotted another rabbit. they probably have never been hunted in this area so they dont run away too much, they are more curious than anything. I didnt have fletchings, so i had to get close. I got about 10 feet from this cottontail and released my first arrow and freaking missed. he ran about 30 feet and stopped and looked back again. I shelfed my second arrow and crept up on him again while he stared at me. moving slow i got within about ten feet again and released my second arrow. It shot pretty well and hit him right in the side making him jump around for a second until he could move anymore. i ran over with my rabbit stick i made (just a heavy stick) and bashed him on his back while he tried to crawl away. I always feel bad with rabbits, because of their cuteness, but this is food. I didnt bash him on the head because i didnt want him getting his brains jambled and not coming back if he would. after i broke his spine i waited a few minutes to see if it would come back. it layed there lifeless, and never came back.

The only thing i can figure is that maybe it isnt a carnivore? or maybe the virus was engineered specifically for dogs and humans? I dont know. i think the carnivore theory is a good one. I grabbed the rabbit and decided since it seemed okay i would gut it and bring it back. It isnt much but it can give everyone a little flavor they havent had in awhile. as i was coming back to camp i could hear volleys of gunfire coming from the direction of the compound we escaped. They must have discovered it ad are attempting to erradicate the undead presence. High five to myself. I walked up to everyone awake due to the gunfire. a survivor named paul congratulated me on my kill and was impressed with my sap bow. Apparently he is also a hunter, and said next time he would help. After eating and drinking some tea, and some much needed talking and planning, we left our fire and followed the map. We went through the woods for about 4 miles to come up behind a walmart/ home depot lot. (they are right next to eachother) i figured it would be a good place for supplies and according to the map there was no invader presence here. We broke in through the loading doors outback of the walmart, and came in through the warehouse. it was funny to me seeing all of the big screen tv's, computers and phones. There is that new iphone 7 i wanted! ha, not much use now is there? This store was pretty quiet, like eary quiet. I kept my gun up though as i walked in surveying the room. It was pretty prestine except for the food, and i figure all of the guns are probably gone but maybe we will get lucky. Two people headed to the food while Josh and Paul and i headed to sporting goods. I had a gitty feeling and wanted to run to beat them there like a little kid in a toy store. But i didnt because you never know whats around the corner and i wanted these guys taking me seriously as there leader, considering i helped them escape, i feel i should call the shots. But no im not a dictator or anything i just figure if they are with me i make my own decisions and they can deal with it. As soon as we got close Josh saw the plexiglass cabinet with guns in it and cried out, "look!" and was laughing at how outrageous it was that they were still there.

Just as we got closer to the sporting goods section, and Josh and paul were jogging together towards the guns laughing, i turned into the hunting/ bow isle with my own intentions. The first thing i saw was a bear compound bow hanging on the shelf with one of those locking things on it. It was one of those 45-60 pound adjustable compound bows that is all setup and ready to shoot. It is a walmart bow but i havent heard any hate towards them. I laughed with happiness as i shook my head and pulled out my knife to cut the packaging off. The best thing about this was the 4 full boxes of assorted arrows. it interested me that they didnt even sell enough broadheads for the amount of arrows there. I was in heaven. all of this shit and i dont have to pay for it. It was a small moment of pure happiness while i wasnt thinking about anything but this. My family and Kaylee have been on my mind 24/7 and this helped with that. I didnt even know where to start, i had a lot of choosing to do. I pulled up the bow and checked the draw length, and adjusted it to my arm length, and then set it to #60 draw. I still had a smile on my face when i was doing this, admiring my new weapon. I found some fixed broadheads, not any of that mechanical bullshit that breaks constantly. And i setup about 25 arrows with broadheads, and 30 more with target tips for zombies. I figure those will penetrate just fine and be easy to pull out. Turning around with my bow i got just as excited seeing all of the camo and hunting gear. As i walked down towards it Josh and Paul came around the corner loaded to the teeth. Paul being a hunter and knowing his guns had a nice .300 rifle, and a small semi auto ruger .22. Josh on the other hand had a mossberg 12ga with a picitinny rail on it and a door buster barrel, with a ridiculous 12ga bandolier sling on his chest full of shells. I laughed and said i wish they had pistols. I myself have now with me, my bow, my knife, a bayonet knife i got off of the commie guard, and an ak rifle with little ammo. While they showed me their new weapons i grabbed a nice range bag and filled it with all the arrows from the boxes while they laughed at me calling me rambo. I was proud because i fucking love rambo, i dont care what anyone says. I told them i will look a whole lot more like Rambo here pretty quick. I grabbed all of my arrows and told them to get some camo on, and find some camping gear. They grabbed some duffle bags and browsed around looking for useful shit.

I geared up in full camouflage, and found a nice black microwool face cover too. I immediately found the jacket i planned on buying at some point which was funny to me. It was a canvas hoodless camo jacket with a big collar with the hood packed inside, and had inside pockets and outside pockets on the sides and chest. All i thought was fuck yeah, and stuffed my pockets with shit from the camping isle. All the knives here are cheap junk so i didnt bother with that. Walmart does sell sog knives though and i grabbed josh a seal pup and threw it to him and said "this is a good knife" while he was looking at a cheap ass remington bowie knife. Paul grabbed a buck 119 special, which I envied. I grabbed one too, and tore it out of the packaging and admired it for a second before i stuffed it in my bag. Those are great hunting knives, and i figure my tom brown is now only for killing the undead so i better keep a clean knife. From the camping isle i put a few different calls in my bag and some scent cover. who knows how long we will be doing this but i will be in the woods so i grabbed all the hunting shit i could. I also grabbed a firesteel, a bunch of walmart paracord (they sell that shit everywhere these days.) and a couple pairs of nice gloves. i feel it is a good idea to wear them given the situation of close quarters with zombies.
We finally left the sporting goods and went to find the other two people with us. One was a 40 something woman named Kathy, and the other a man of similar age named John. I dont go into detail on them for this reason right here. We had grabbed a couple .22 rifles for the others that went for food, and headed their way. Upon walking up near the food isles, we heard a yell and started running. i nocked an arrow onto my bow and took off toward the yelling and came around the corner to see the woman had been attacked by a zed, and the John was pulling it off of her. in his struggle he was bit on the hand. I got close and put an arrow through the zombie's head and helped him up. This is the first i have come across this situation, and i know in all the movies everyone points a gun at the person that was bit or whatever, but this didnt go down that way. Paul Josh and I just stood there in silence looking at them while the cried in pain for a minute or so. I knew i couldnt help, but i wasnt going to just shoot them. I told them i was sorry but we had to go, that they should stay here. i had asked John if he wanted me to try and sever his arm, and he said no, he was done. We sat there for a minute in silence and i said lets go, and walked off. Josh and Paul stood there a little longer looking at me, then looked back at the people one more time and followed. It was sad. But i couldnt risk or deal with that. I had to find my family.

Walking out of wal mart i decided i should find a car there. in the parking lot there were a few shamblers that noticed us and i quickly shot one with my bow, nocked a new arrow and shot the other. i walked over to pull my arrows out and put them back in the quiver on the side of my bow. It held 6 arrows, i figured thats all i would ever need at one time. When i was putting my arrows back in i noticed a 4 door jeep wrangler, brand spankin new. it was only lifted a little but had nice tires and it was tan. I called dibs so the guys could here me and pointed at it, and they laughed. it wouldnt replace my commando but i always wanted one. pretty easy car shopping. I have never hot wired a vehicle but i knew how, it pretty simple, all it takes is engaging the starter. The jeep was locked and i didnt have time to fuck about so i broke out the driver window, sadly. I searched around for a spare key inside before i attempted all the bullshit with the wires, because who knows if i could pull it off on a new vehicle. I searched everywhere and was unsuccesful, so i got under the dash and started looking for the wires coming from the ignition. I found the red and black, clipped them and started tapping them together hoping for ignition. the first set didnt work out and i tried a different red and got it. it had a little trouble and then turned over and fired up. Hopefully i didnt fuck up anything useful, ha. Right as i came up exclaiming i was a beast, Josh was holding up a key with a little jeep emblem fob on it. I turned my head and said where the fuck did you find that? Apparently it was in the registration and insurance envolope. I guess i should try that next time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:29 pm 

I decided on the way we would stop behind the local home depot, this could be a really good or really bad idea. Kaylee and i managed to take a road that cuts past a busy road we call 20th, and then go through a small forest patch that is mostly just fallen trees in the middle of town. it leads right behind home depot and there is no way i am risking a front entrance anywhere. we pryed in the back door to make our way inside. It was dead quiet, and dark. But i could see a small light back near the southeast side of the store, it resembled flames. I thought we better check it out before anything, because i dont like surprises. I drew my bow and knocked an arrow onto the string, hoping if there were anything in here i could take care of it quietly. As we creeped toward the the corner of the store i heard laughing.. Which really fucking creeps me out. I will notolerate any psycho bullshit, believe me. I motioned Kaylee and started a fast combat walk with my bow up, ready to put some pain on someone, when i heard a searing sizzling sound. it instantly gave me goosebumps and thats when i heard a scream resembling intense pain. My adrenaline shot up and i started sprinting towards the sound, coming around the corner there was a raging fire constructed of lumber and pallets, covered in sheet metal, with a man tied, laying on top of it face down, sizzling, and burning. His screams only lasted seconds, and as soon as i realized what was going on the most disgusting, putrid smell i have ever smelled in my life hit my nostrils.

Two men, stood there with painted faces.. Laughing maniacly at what they just did. they were cooking a human being. a live human being. You never think about how many sick fucks there are in this world.. but what really hit me is one was wearing a home depot apron. I dont know if he worked there before or just was wearing it, but it disgusted me either way. one was right near the fire, and the other laughing about three feet away from him. The one near the fire had pink paint on his face and was wearing a hard hat, the other with black paint and street clothes, with some nasty unwashed hair and a scraggly 20's guy neck beard. I knew the man on the fire had died of shock and i couldnt help him... But i wouldnt observe any longer than a few seconds. The one near the fire was taking a big whiff and smiling when i rushed him with a 2x4 i snatched off of the ground. his head was still up smiling when i hit him harder than i have ever have ever hit anything in my life, in the side of his knee. I was looking to do serious damage when i heard the plink of wood vs bone louder than shit, most likely shattering his knee. He gasped and yelled loud, as i immediately felt someone pummel into me. I rolled off of the floor struggling to get my balance, and right as i looked up at my attacker the back of his head exploded into a mist of brain matter, completely catching me off guard. I looked over towards Kaylee holding up her shotgun still stumbling from the kickback, and stopping with it still at her shoulder. staring at him in silence. I immediately looked back to the sick fuck whos knee i had destroyed, while he was trying to get up and grab a nail gun he had laying on the table. I grabbed my 2x4 just as he was turning to Kaylee and hit him across both arms as he aimed it up, breaking his right wrist. As he screamed in pain saying something that didnt enter my mind, I preceded to beat him half to death with the piece of lumber. When he was no longer moving except his body reacting to my blows Kaylee grabbed me with both arms as i fell down to my knees.

I had went completely savage on him, and i wasnt done. Kaylee let go and said its okay, its over, I shook my head and grabbed the back of his shirt and drug him onto his back, and was about to stomp his face when i realized he was gone. I fell down backward and sat on the ground, then asked Kaylee if she was okay. Her shock was over with and she said, "they deserved it". My plan in home depot was to find a welder and some welding supplies, and I got the wake up call of a lifetime. I never thought i would see people turn on eachother like that. If only Kaylee and I would have been there 5 minutes earlier.

After a few minutes of recoup, Kaylee and i walked through the store looking for supplies. I made sure we did not split up. we grabbed a cart and looked first for a nice tig welder and some welding supplies. We grabbed everything we needed to weld as we see fit. I grabbed some 3/4 pipe about six feet long, and some 1" pipe as well, it had to be seemless as i needed something that could handle impact. I had an idea that thought might help in certain situations. and also wanted to add some protection to the jeep incase of gunfire. I found some 4 foot long by 2 foot wide 1/4" metal sheets that should be perfect for small arms fire. I didnt want to build a tank or anything, but i wanted to be more secure.I grabbed up most of the angle iron and 2x 1/4" metal stock i could find. It would be semi easy to bend, which helps as i am no expert fabricator. I also grabbed a steel stake as i had a plan for making Kaylee something so she could more easily dispatch the undead, because she doesnt have quite the wrist strength to pierce an undead skull easily with her knife. Those climbing spikes i had brought along in my stock up from my place gave me an idea for a weapon that could be an extenstion of your arm, instead of risking injury and being bitten. I would use one of the gaffs/ climbing spikes as my main frame for my weapon, though the power grid in Farmington had been knocked out, so we had to execute our plans somewhere else. There was electricity still in most houses, out of town. We headed off towards Shawns cabin once again, Taking to the desert again for cover, as driving through aztec was too much of a risk. Hesperus is about a 45 minuute drive from aztec, and it would take even longer to get there driving offroad. We stopped at a house on th outskirts of town to siphon some gas from some abandoned cars. The house we found was a nice 2 story home, receded from most of the city. It had solar panels on the roof and I knew that it might have some juice.

We went inside to clear the house and discovered that a family had locked themselves in after someone was obiously bitten. Havent people ever seen zombie movies? The house reeked of death, and we new there had to be dead in one of the rooms. we couldnt begin our projects until we cleared it. I approched an upstairs room where i heard some knocking around against the walls, and told Kaylee to stay back. I blew a hole through the middle of the door with the shotgun Kaylee carried. I had fitted a 3/4" pipe arouund the barrel with holes drilled into it about 10" long at home depot, where I had filed the inside down just enough to fit snugly on the 12ga. barrel, for about 3 inches, with a round file. I have always had an interest in homemade silencers, and had about a million and one ways of making them. Though every caliber needs something slightly different. The idea is to muffle the gas pressure releasing from the barrel when you fire. after fitting the hole filled pipe onto the barrel, mostly secured with some heat tape, I wrapped atleast five large paint sponges around the section of pipe, wrapping them with duct tape, and then some heat tape. This was about the ugliest end of a gun barrel you have ever seen, but it made a shotgun sound like a red rider bb gun on steroids. it was pretty functional, and this was my first time trying it. After blowing a hole through the door at chest level, I quickly looked through the hole i had just made seeing 3 undead in the room. Now trying to reach out of the melon sized hole in the door, I could identify where their heads might be. I fired two more shells at head level where i thought they might be. I heard one drop, so i kicked the door in, now with my Larger tomahawk in hand. When i entered the smokey room, now filled with composite door dust, I saw my first kill, who had knocked down two other zombies. I killed the father, and getting up off of the ground was a kid, who looked about 10 years old, and another zombie who ad obviously been his mother. I swung at the kid without thinking, driving the tomahawk into his skull, and dropping him limp. It was lodged in his head and i had to turn around and grab the shotgun to take care of the woman whos face was half eaten, as i didnt want to waste time retrieving the tomahawk. when i turned around Kaylee motioned for me to move, i took a step sideways and she launched that bitch directly into the wall, head first. I didnt want to take the time to think about the kid zombie and I didnt want Kaylee to have that running through her head either. So i retrieved my tomahawk and said lets go.

While i walked downstairs i couldnt help but think how impressive my freaking suppressor was. It wasnt like so quiet that you could sneak through a compound or anything, but it was significantly quieter. I had Kaylee open the garage door to the house, while i went outside and grabbed the jeep, i pulled it into the garage and shut it behind us. Now the work would start. I started by placing a sheet of metal facing at an angle upward, about a foot away from the front window. In hopes to deflect fire from the front windshield. I have had a gauge missing in my jeep for quite some time, it was that way when i bought it. The reason i thought of this is because there is a 2 inch hole in my dash where it used to be. I had the idea to put the 3/4" pipe through the hole in my dash and diagonally through my hood aiaming about head height. by putting a 1" plug on a small peice of 1" pipe, with a nail welded in it, creating a firing pin. the idea behind this is a slamfire shotgun barrel. The nail in the plug at the end of the 1' pipe will hit a 12 gauge shell that fits snugly in the 3/4" barrel, causing it to fire out the end sticking from the hood. I aimed to be head level from a few feet away. This can be a great defense from inside the vehicle, completely protected. It only fires once at a time but it can be a great way to take care of someone in a bad situation. I accomplished this with the welder and a few power tools i collected. After armoring the jeep a little bit and putting my insane shotgun idea to the test, we got to work on the weapon i thought might help Kaylee. because sometimes you just have to use a knife. Initially, a gaff is a L shaped piece of metal with a padded leg strap on the end without the L bend. The L bend is ment to sit under your foot to hold your weight while spiking a tree or a utility pole. I grabbed them because I thought a fast easy way up a tree might help in bad times, but i think ill be alright. Anyway, really not much modification to make this a weapon that is literally an extension of your arm. I took the bottom part that goes under your foot and rounded it out a bit to be more comfortable, as that would be the handle. Then i wrapped it in paracord for a good grip. The leather pad was already perfect for strapping to your arm, so that didnt need anything. The gaff already has a spike but needs penetration, because it is about 2 1/2 inches long, for climbing utility poles and trees, thats all it needs to pierce bark. I tapped out the pin on th spike and welded on a hardened steel stake that is about 12 inches long, and ground the stake to a nice sharp point. This puts the point of the stake about and inch to the right of your hand, while gripping the foot of the gaff and having it strapped to your forearm with the leather pad. and when you arent using it, you let go of the handle and turn it slightly from your hand. I perfect and fast weapon system in the world of the undead. I had Kaylee test it on a phonebook we found in the house and it went through most of the way. She was ecstatic that she could do that, haha. Now that we had a better setup, and some new toys, we were ready to make the rest of the journey to Hesperus. We camped out in this house for the night, and would start again in the morning.

January 7th
We made our way over the New mexico border with no problems, not much in the way of invaders where we were. Driving near the small town of hesperus people looked out of their windows and stared, frightened that it might be the chinese. and y the people in the small town i mean the two houses we passed. It was dusk when we passed through, so we setup camp deep in the pine trees surrounding us outside of town. It was cold as hell, so we threw up a small shelter and built some firewalls, and also buried our fire low just incase. We did not want to be seen from a distance in the dark. The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my jeep back window opening. It is a very distinctive sounds, it sounds like oldsprings stretching and metal rubbing metal. it comes up fast and it is like nails on a chalkboard. I came rushing out of our tarp shelter and saw some asshole who just realized he had fucked up. he took off running, but couldnt outrun the charred log that nailed him in the back. This slowed him enough for me to catch him easily, as i wasnt going to chase his ass. When i took him down he begged for me not to kill him, that he just needed a gun. He must have been about 17, and was not an athlete or anything, ha.

January 6th
As i pulled him off the ground i asked what the fuck he needs a gun for, and he said he has to kill his brother. I am thinking he is batshit and i should end him now, and he mumbles that he thinks he is a zombie or something. I laughed out loud even though it was pretty fucked up, and asked him where he was. I have noticed my sense of humor towards the undead is getting worse and worse.. whatever helps. Obviously he hasnt had much issues with the undead, nor invaders in this small, odd community. I asked him what he knew and he stated that they had watched the news, but he was baffled by the fact that i was confirming his zombie theory. I guess he wanted to be wrong. I introduced the little fucker to Kaylee and we gave him a ride to his house. Rusty was a medium height, pretty skinny built kid, with dark hair that goes past his ears, that he needs to take better care of. he constantly has a tremble in his voice and is not the brightest from what i can tell, but i think he is just in shock from all of this. We pulled up to his house and i got out of the jeep, went around back and opened it up. I wasnt going to really give him a gun as he might be an idiot. I grabbed the tomahawk i didnt have under my arm and flipped it in my hand, giving him the handle end. He grabbed it and held it up next to his face gripping it with both hands as he looked around nervously. He relaxed a little with a weapon in his hand and being that we were there, and were pretty geared up. I told him to get that shit away from his head, and hold it up behind him or else he would have no power in his swing. My setup currently is my glock on my hip, concealed, a cold steel riflemans hawk under my arm, and an ak-74 slung on my back most of the time. I still have the .32, but i am out of ammor for it and will need more. I probably need to put a new suppressor on it as well, as it was held back on with duct tape. and I also have my tom brown tracker scout style on the back of my belt. What i mean by the tomahawk under my arm is a setup used in the military, basically a sheath on the tomahawk head with a strap attached to the kydex on top to hang on your opposite shoulder so it hangs right under your arm. it is very fast to get to with my right hand. The reason i am so adamant about the tomahawk is because 1. it is a great melee weapon 2. a great breaching tool 3.you can throw it consistently and accurately. Kaylees current setup is the suppressed 12ga hunting shotgun, her kabar bk16 knife, Ace, and her always attached arm weapon i made for her. If she ever gets into a close call im sure it will come in handy. And for general dispatching of zombies it is bar none. Im actually jealous i didnt make my own. She is my backup and is always ready to save my ass. But i will always go in first, i wouldnt want to put her at risk like that. And no one will ever sneak up on her, considering Ace protects her every move she makes. We are getting him trained better and better to be able to let him out of the jeep more, I just dont risk it a lot because i dont want him getting dead. When we have more time i will make sure that wont happen.

Back to Rusty. We approached his small cabin style house and he told me his brother had been out chopping wood and came in with a bite on his arm. he said he was attacked by a rabid dog, and i immediately became cautious. Those bastards will sneak right up on you. They make no sound and are almost more creepy than human undead. You see logically, zombies dont breathe. This isnt the walking dead and they dont make a loud choking sound to warn you right before they come about behind you. They are eery quiet, and the best way of detection is to hear footsteps, or dragging of feet. But the dogs, you dont hear footsteps, and when they are trying to bite you, there jaws snap and clank making it even more exciting to be near them. We opened the front door and walked in cautiously, as he motioned to the back room, I signaled them to stay back and i put my ear on the door. I pulled out my knife and wrapped the lanyard around my hand, so it wouldnt slip, and slammed open the door with my shoulder. As i rushed in i saw him in the back corner, he had a colt 1911 pistol in a holster on his hip and was facing the wall. I shut the door imediately behind me and rushed him against the wall with my arm, bringing my knife up through his chin and letting him drop to the floor. I grabbed the pistol and holster off of his belt and checked the magazine, it was full, and he had about 15 rounds in his pocket. I did a quick scan around the room, and walked out. I nodded my head at Rusty and handed him the colt in its holster and the extra rounds and said grab all the food you have and some gear, lets go. While i was standing in the front room trying to get a channel to come in on the tv, waiting for Rusty and Kaylee to grab food, I suddenly heard Kaylee scream and then some grusome sounds. I ran into the kitchen with my tomahawk drawn andd ready to swing at someone, to see an undead dog on the ground and Kaylee checking out Ace to see if he was okay. Her arm weapon worked quickly and effectively, she impaled that fucker. I was very proud of her. The kitchen had a sliding glass door to the back yard, and it was open just enough to let in the disease dog and almost get my girlfriend and my dog. I should have been watching closer.

While high fiving Kaylee, I turned to take a view of the back yard. I grabbed her suppressed 12ga off of the counter and opened the door enough to walk out. This place was about a block from the road and was almost on the edge of a moountainside, with trees all around, providing an awesome view. I was getting ready to turn around and walk inside and just in time out of the corner of my eye about 7 undead dogs were about three feet away from me. i reacted with jumping backwards, turning into a fall over a pile of firewood, landing flat on my back. when i lifted my head to look forward there was one right over me. I grabbed a chunk of firewood and smashed it in the head as hard as i could with my left hand, not doing shit for damage, but it got his jaws away from me as i kicked dirt up sliding backwards as fast as I could. When i reached the chopping block i looked to my right just long enough to see Rusty in the kitchen packing food with the screen door shut. I was going to beat his ass for not paying attention if i lived through this. As i crawled past the chopping block with the axe in it i dropped the shotgun onto the top of it, one hand on the handle, the other holding me up off the ground, I aimed in the direction of the two closest dogs and turned them into some fucked up siamese twins as i pulled the trigger and there heads slammed together in a pulp. I got to my feet and put one in the chamber, and hit the other closest to me directlty in the top of the head, wiping his brain across the ground. The last four dogs took one more shot but were far enough away that it only took out one of them. i dropped the shotgun and pulled the axe out of the chopping block and made a powerful horizontal sweep hitting two of them, taking out the first and dropping the second one to the ground, but not killing him. While he was down I swung it on his head like I was splitting wood. The last dog took an unsuspecting spike to the back of the head from Kaylee and dropped dead. She and Rusty heard my shotgun, though it is quiet it isnt silent by any means.

I was ready to leave this fucking house of dog horrors and get back to my plan, so we headed out towards the cabin. The road there was scattered with cars from an upcoming roadblock and were getting thicker an thicker, all abandoned of course. So we took off into a trail we had seen a few blocks back into the forest and kept our way, it was a rough ride, running over small trees and such because it hadnt been used in awhile. We made it past the concrete roadblocks after a short drive through the forest and came back out to the highway and started pounding pavement. As we approached the long driveway/ dirt road to the cabin , I observed its defenses,before i pulled in. being that only one vehicle could travel down this road. I stopped the Jeep really quick to take a piss and check out the view from the other side of the road to see if i could see anything. i started hearing a humming in the distance and grabbed the binos out of the jeep to look down the road both ways. coming around a bend off of a hill about 4-5 miles off, there were 3 military trucks coming, I knew we didnt have time to waste if they tried to come this way, So i hopped in and made dust down the road to make it to the cabin. When i reached the cabin Shawn came out with an Hk at the ready, and quickly realized it was me. You see, he gave me this jeep to fix up, so he knew it better than anyone. He laughed, waved and motioned for me to pull around back, so i did, observing that my sisters suv and his vehicles were around back. First thing i noticed were his motorcycles in the back of his truck, he managed to fit both in somehow. He just couldnt leave them. I didnt even shut off the Jeep and jumped out, and ran inside. I opened the door to my sisters kids hugging me and everyone greeting me, I saved introductions and heartfelts for later and told Shawn the situation. I had to go back up the road to atleast try to defend this place if they came. Told everyone to stay and get ready to go to war, and head down. The first thing i did was use my e-tool to dig a tire width trench about '1 1/2 down at the middle of the road. I put a few small sticks across and covered it with leaves and a little dirt. That was the fast easy way to disable a truck incase i didnt finish the rest of my plans. These motherfuckers never new who was after them. It was about 4:00 in the day and the sun was still up high. I probably had 15 minutes before they were here, So i had to hurry. i Found a pine tree that was tall and had some low limbs i could ladder right up, that was right near my trench, and i made sure i had a quick way up it if need be. i was going to go robin hood and make some man size traps, but i didnt have time and there might be too many for just me. So i went with plan B. I remembered that Shawn had tannerite exploding targets last time i was here, and hauled ass to see if he still had them. I showed up and explained my plan and he smiled and said to follow him. We ran to his side shed and checked it out. He had 5 one pound tannerite targets left. That is a pretty good haul, and would do just fine. I grabbed one of my 5 gallon gas cans and drove back down the road. I dug a quick hole about 15 feet behind it about 12 inches deep, enough to fit a one gallon gas can if you catch my drift. I placed 3 pounds of tannerite and four gallons of gas in the first trench, and covered it back up with the leaves. in the second, i used 2 pounds of tannerite and 1 gallon of gas, and covered with leaves. If you dont know yet tannerite and gas makes a nice fiery explosion, and 5 pounds and five gallons will decimate a car. So hopefully this does pretty well. I was going to bring the bow and do this quietly, but if there are explosions i might as well use the Ak. I parked the jeep a distance away behind some scrub oak where it was moderately covered and climbed my tree. I waited for about 5 more minutes when i saw the trucks. two passed by, then three, then four, and five. I was almost shitting in my pants hoping they didnt come here, and they kept driving. That was way more trucks than i originally saw. I couldnt see much of the highway but they were gone. I was almost dissapointed about all the work i put in but i guess its better they didnt come. I waited a few more minutes and was just about to get out of the tree, when two motorcycle mounted invaders turned onto the road. hurried, a drew up my ak and aimed at the first hole/trench. I wanted to save one of these guys for questioning. So i aimed back at them and fired on the first one from probably 50 yards. He fell off of the bike and his buddy imediately turned around and started hauling ass. I tried to fire on him and the branches were blocking me and i couldnt hit him. he was getting away and i couldnt let him get back to his friends and tell them there was people here. This was a bad plan on my part..

I had jumped from the tree and ran straight up to the downed bike and and man, and shot him in the head for good measure. I hopped on the bike hoping it wasnt flooded, and was able to crank it up again. I hauled ass down the dirt road scared he was getting away, and thought about how bad this could be. I pulled out onto the highway and started heading to towards town, I immediately regretted my decisions as i pressed on, hoping i was catching up. When i pulled into town i slowed down to about ten and was looking all directions when it hit me. I was shot, for the first time in my life. It felt like it nailed my leg to the motorcycle, and immediately felt like a hole was burning through my thigh. I crashed to the ground at a crossing in the road and tryed to get up. The pain was searing in my leg and i looked up to find out i was surround. with guns on me i helld my hands up, hoping not to be killed. I was tackled down in a flurry of yelling and men kicking me and tying my hands up. I didnt fight back, as hard as i was beat, because i didnt want to chance anyone getting pissed off and shooting me. I had to live.

January 10th.

Well, here i am. Yeah, bet you didnt guess that huh? I am writing from heaven.

Just kidding, im in a fucking camp starving for the last four days and everyone probably thinks im dead. I started to write in this journal because i acquired it and thought i should write about my journey so far, just incase i die in here. I have been able to hide it so far. in hopes someone will find it one day. I have been able to not think so much about how hungry i am by staying angry and thinking about payback. I have to get back to my family, and I will.

January 12th.
I was able to get my first meal yesterday, because obviously they want to keep us alive for some reason. So we cant die of starvation. I was given a small bowl of rice, as were the other 7 people here. The guard threw me a dead bird when he handed me my rice specifically. That piece of shit must like me i guess. He laughed when he threw it down in front of me. He is always kicking me and yelling at me randomly out of anyone. It must be because i took out one of his communist buddies.

January 13th.
I wont be writing nearly as much anymore, as i was able to get my story up to here which was my goal. I am now focusing on keeping this group strong and watching everything i see. Maybe planning my escape. They are keeping us in a basement that is about 15x20. Maybe the basement to some kind of business in the town. I dont know. I can hear a lot of traffic upstairs, a lot of men and a lot of voices. Sometimes ill hear a truck outside the basment window. You can only see the side of a brick building out the window, nothing else. And the window is barred. I am all observation right now, and i save my energy as i have only had one meal. My stomach is in knots, and i have never been so hungry in my life.

January 15th. Today we were brought another bowl of rice, except mine was not cooked. everyone elses was. they have it out for me.

January 20th. A man in the basement named clint died today. They have been interrogating us, and i think i may have some broken ribs. The man must have been 60-70 and just couldnt handle the starvation and stress anymore. He died in this sleep, i think from pneumonia. They have an interrogator that speaks english, and the most i have said to him is eat shit. He is asking where our people that are attacking their men are hiding. I laughed and stayed quiet. all im thinking is this is America asshole, no one is going down easy.

February 10th.
make my move.
I havent written in awhile. These stupid motherfuckers think i am some kind of information mole, they question me everyday and i point out on maps where "everyone is hiding" because I "couldnt handle being hungry anymore" They are feeding me a meal once a day to keep me talking. I never thought i was such a good actor. These stupid fucks are out searching abondoned buildings i have come across in Farmington because I figured my lies wont come back to me very quickly if they are looking there. I am getting stronger and formulating my escape as i give them false information. here soon they will figure out i am bullshitting them and start beating me again. So i have to make my move.

February 15th.
With my observations i have learned how many men sleep in this building, and that there is one guard for us at the basement door, and two guards out front of the building. They seem to use this building as a sort of command for wherever we are, and have maps and radios upstairs on the second story. I dont know if anyone is up there at night, but i noticed some kind of explosives crate when they were letting me point on their maps in that room. Clint was a fisherman it seems.. He had one of those big fish hooks that are bent onto the bill of his cap, I never knew what those were for, decoration i guess. They left him down here to rot with us, and i snagged it off of his cap. I bent it out straight for a handle but kept the hook intact. it was the best weapon i could figure out to make, so i used my resourcefulness. I have wrapped the handle with some fabric i tore off of the bottom of my shirt, making it thick enough to hang onto for a grip. I am going to inform the people here of my plan and make my move tomorrow night if things are calm.

February 16th, 2-3:00 am.
I have decided not to tell anyone about my plan until now because i didnt want them acting suspicious all day. They are filled in and ready. I decided to have them stay until I take out whoever is in the building, then give them the signal and hopefully hook them up with some guns, as i didnt want to make a lot of noise. I heard the last voice about an hour ago, so the guard hasnt spoken to anyone in awhile and im sure he is not as awake as he should be. I crept up the stairs absolutely silent, and made my way to the door. I put my ear to the door and listened for a good minute, with everyone downstairs watching me intently. to my surprise i heard some heavy breathing, constricted though. I assumed he might be slouched in his chair sleeping. I opened the door as quietly as i possibly could, and peered out to my right where the guard usually stood. I have noticed that he likes to drag a chair over at night when his superiors are not around, big mistake.
As soon as i came around he door he slowly lifted his head squinting at me, and i was the last thing he saw when his eyes got wide. I put my hook shank to the left of his trachea and yanked to my right, ripping his throat apart, while it blead like a deer when you hang it. It was spraying blood and i knew i nicked his corroded artery. I quickly grabbed the bayonet from his belt while he tried to realize what happened and grab his throat. I gripped the knife and got near his face and said "you fucked with the wrong guy" and shoved it into his chest right under his chest plate. I didnt stab him in the head because i wanted him to turn.

I grabbed his Ak and ran it down to the people in the basement, i told them to come to the top of the stairs and wait, while i went up. I now carried the bayonet and had his pistol tucked into my belt. I quietly crept upstairs to find one up there, bent over the maps with a magnifying glass and a headset on his head. I went into the space behind him in the shadow of the room, and he mumbled something into his headset quietly. I came up behind him and the first thing i did was yank the headset off of his head, then with my right hand stab him right in his fucking earhole. I had no compassion for him as he didnt for me. He went down yelling and made my blood boil with anger. he had a knife halfway in his head and still screamed. i covered his mouth and nose just as he stopped screaming and faded out. I ran to the window to see if anyone had been alarmed as fast as i could. No one heard him. Thank god.

I went back up stairs to finish what i started and grabbed his map. This map had the locations of every post the had set up in the four corners. This is major. I checked the explosives box carefully to find 30mm grenade rounds. I cant think of anywhere i could find a rifle to shoot these, but i grabbed the box anyway. I check the closet behind him to find his service rifle and a box of ammunition. I grabbed the rifle and ammo and ran downstairs quietly to the basement and handed another person the other ak and the ammunition. I didnt want to leave them on their own, but i had a mission, i couldnt have them getting me caught. I told them good luck and to be careful.
I ran up and opened the second story window and stepped out onto the awning from the bottom story roof, and looked around to see what i recognized. I was Durango again. At a small place on the south end of town. I just remember thinking, you have got to be fucking kidding me. back to square one except i dont have any gear or my jeep. fuck.

My enemies were setup on main street durango in front of the building i had been in, and coming out the back was the train station and river. Across the river was the forest. I had thought i should go there and make it in the woods but i have nothing. I would literally be risking survival doing that. As much as i was scared to, i had to take out some invaders. I knew i couldnt take this whole place because it is the biggest compound i have seen. It probably has about 40 men on the premises. I needed a plan. I decided to leave the 30mm rounds outside behind the building and crawl back into the window. I went downstairs and the invader i took out downstairs had reanimated and the people were hiding from him in the basement. i silently stabbed him through the back of the head and set him down quietly. I knocked on the door and whispered, so i wouldnt get shot, and they opened it up. the people were still in the basement formulating a plan. they wanted to take everyone by surprise in the morning. I informed them that they would die if they attempted that. They have two rifles and dont know how to use them. I told them to stay held up in this building because i had a plan. I said that if anyone walks in, blast them, but if no one comes, just sit tight. I went back upstairs and decided to take the uniform from the invader upstairs and put it on. after i fitted the uniform i snuck back out the window and walked around the back alley behind the building. I crawled on some piping to find the roof of the tall building next to it, to get a birds eye view of the camp. They had both side of the street now blocked off with fence and razorwire. There were 6 men patrolling the fences, which were teaming with undead. i have a feeling that while i was trapped in this building for the last month the number of undead have probably become exponential. I spotted the tent in the middle of the camp that was long and seemed to be the barracks. That was my goal. I snuck back down the building and started moving silently through the shadows behind the buildings to the southwest, heading to the south side of the street. As i made my way down the alley behind the buildings i stayed observant, watching for lights or sounds in them.
I made it to the other side of the compound, and watched the 3 guards near this fence talk while they kept their distance from the undead lined up at the fence shaking it. Im surprised they feel so safe. Fuck that job. Especially with me around.

It was probably about 4am at this point, it was still very dark and kinda cold, but not extremely bad. I waited around observing them for about 15 minutes to find a break in their vision so i could sneak to the barracks. The guards had noticed a small space in the fence and went to check it out while one stayed watch in the middle. But he was looking at them while they checked it out anyways, so now was my chance. I stayed low and ran across the lights back into the shadowed part of the side of the barracks tent, and layed on the ground to then roll under the canvas and end up inside the tent. There were 20 men inside sleeping. I made sure to stay low and observe for a minute to make sure everyone was sleeping. I had little time to execute my plan so i went ahead. Doing the craziest fucking thing i have ever done in my life. I made my way to the first invader, and was about to slice him open when i noticed at the foot of one of the bunks was my fucking knife. I had thought about it since day one of this shit, that i knew one of those fuckers was going to take my tom brown for their own. I know it was dumb but i had to get it, or i never would get another chance. I snuck over and grabbed my prize posession in this world and snuck back to my place quietly. I noticed a rifle in the corner to my right that had a 30mm launcher mounted under it. That would aid me ridiculously. I realized that I should grab it on my way out so i put a pin in that. I stood quietly over the first invader, preparing myself for the chaos that was about to ensue. I took a deep breath and slit his throat deep and all the way across fast. on to the next one, and then the next. I got 4 guards when the sounds of their struggling moans became too loud to risk my cover, so i grabbed the rifle and rolled back out of the canvas. I stayed in the shadow for a moment and waited. After about 4 minutes went by, I heard the first scream, and the guards from the fence flipped around and ran around the tent to the entrance.

I can only imagine how many i caused to get bit, I will never know. I felt satisfied with my plan as gunshots were sounding inside the tent and i had all of the gaurds away from the fences. I ran to the building where i was kept prisoner and knocked on the door yelling for the other prisoners to come out. I told them to unload their magazines on the canvas tent, spreading out damage as they could. They started firing and i ran back behind the building where i left the 30mm rounds in the crate. I loaded one and stuffed my jacket pocket with two more and ran to the front again, where all of the action was. I loaded a 30mm and shot it directly at the entrance of the tent, hopefully preventing anyone trying to get out from escaping, and instead blowing their legs off. Initially, the shot blew up, but then started bellowing smoke everywhere around the entrance of the tent. I was confused and pissed, because i am thinking, this is a fucking smoke round? At the time i was aiming for death and didnt think about the utility value of this. But this wasnt the case. One of the prisoners walked over towards the smoke to make sure he could shoot anyone trying to come out, and as soon as he stepped into a little of the yellow tinged smoke he collapsed, and started choking, and immediately stopped moving. Some people started to try running at him and i yelled for them to stop. We didnt know what this was and it could kill us. We waited for a moment and he came back to life almost instantly. It must have been 10 seconds that it took him to come back. I had my jacket covering my face (who knows if it would help any) and shot him as soon as he got up. Could this be what i think it is? The virus in a weapon? Who knows.

I didnt want reinforcements heading our way so i gathered the group quick. They were all thanking me and happy to be released from the hell in that basement. I sent them to the buildings the invaders occupied in groups to find food and supplies. I told them we would meet behind the building we were held in, in ten minutes. As bad as i wanted the guns and ammo in that barracks tent i wasnt risking it. I searched one of the buildings they seemed to use for a sort of food storage with one other survivor, his name was Josh and he was always saying something dumb or smartass to the guards, and i like him for it. You cant take any shit from your enemies. He seemed pretty smart and knew how to handle the undead from his stories he told in our captivity. He was probably 20 years old, and found me to be a badass because of my stories. He constantly is asking me questions and how i would do things. Haha, if only he knew how normal i was. We went to search the building and found a few good supplies. A canvas tarp that was probably 20x10, a bunch of MRE's, some backpacks to hold our gear and a couple bayonets, and a couple pistols. The other survivors came back with some more MRE's, and a 3 ak rifles. We headed out away from the city to cross the river, and were able to find a small bridge that crosses near the train station. I wanted to come back into town later to check out the home depot before you go out of town and maybe find a vehicle there too. But for now we had to wait for the heat to go down. The outpost was teaming with undead about to tear down the fences and the town had to have been covered in them after our little escape. We headed into the forest about a mile and decided to camp out and get some sleep. There were 5 survivors left, not including myself. We had some quick MRE meals and shut down for the night, sleeping on the ground in the clothes we had, as we were exhausted from the night we just endured.

February 17th.

I woke up before the rest of the group, and left them to sleep for a little while. These people needed some warmth and some nutrition before our journey ahead, so i went to get some firewood and collect some pine needles to make some tea. God it would be nice to have some coffee right now. The first day of all of this i got one fucking sip of my coffee before i was attacked by these pieces of shit. Funny how fast a hangover goes away when you are running for your life. While i was walking in the woods i saw a two rabbits, one after the other. I wished i had my bow badly. I do have to wonder though.. Do wild animals turn when they die like humans? So far as i know, dogs turn, humans turn. Lets hope when you bag a deer it doesnt come back trying to eat your ass while you are gutting it. I wanted to test this theory, so i decided i would make a temporary sapling bow. I know how to make a more permanent bow, but it takes a lot of time i dont have and i really am not a master of it by any means. But a sapling bow is essentially 3-4 small bendy saplings tied together on the ends, making a 30-40 pounder. its fast and easy but wont last for more than maybe 10 shots and then becomes too bent. I fashioned by bow with some paracord and 4 saplings, and two quick and easy arrows. I really wanted to know if a rabbit or deer would come back, as this is probably going to be our food source in the future. I cant help but wonder if my family is okay. If Kaylee is okay. hopefully they werent attacked after my dumbass stunt on the motorcycle. It has been over a month. While stalking the woods with my bow i finally spotted another rabbit. they probably have never been hunted in this area so they dont run away too much, they are more curious than anything. I didnt have fletchings, so i had to get close. I got about 10 feet from this cottontail and released my first arrow and freaking missed. he ran about 30 feet and stopped and looked back again. I shelfed my second arrow and crept up on him again while he stared at me. moving slow i got within about ten feet again and released my second arrow. It shot pretty well and hit him right in the side making him jump around for a second until he could move anymore. i ran over with my rabbit stick i made (just a heavy stick) and bashed him on his back while he tried to crawl away. I always feel bad with rabbits, because of their cuteness, but this is food. I didnt bash him on the head because i didnt want him getting his brains jambled and not coming back if he would. after i broke his spine i waited a few minutes to see if it would come back. it layed there lifeless, and never came back.

The only thing i can figure is that maybe it isnt a carnivore? or maybe the virus was engineered specifically for dogs and humans? I dont know. i think the carnivore theory is a good one. I grabbed the rabbit and decided since it seemed okay i would gut it and bring it back. It isnt much but it can give everyone a little flavor they havent had in awhile. as i was coming back to camp i could hear volleys of gunfire coming from the direction of the compound we escaped. They must have discovered it ad are attempting to erradicate the undead presence. High five to myself. I walked up to everyone awake due to the gunfire. a survivor named paul congratulated me on my kill and was impressed with my sap bow. Apparently he is also a hunter, and said next time he would help. After eating and drinking some tea, and some much needed talking and planning, we left our fire and followed the map. We went through the woods for about 4 miles to come up behind a walmart/ home depot lot. (they are right next to eachother) i figured it would be a good place for supplies and according to the map there was no invader presence here. We broke in through the loading doors outback of the walmart, and came in through the warehouse. it was funny to me seeing all of the big screen tv's, computers and phones. There is that new iphone 7 i wanted! ha, not much use now is there? This store was pretty quiet, like eary quiet. I kept my gun up though as i walked in surveying the room. It was pretty prestine except for the food, and i figure all of the guns are probably gone but maybe we will get lucky. Two people headed to the food while Josh and Paul and i headed to sporting goods. I had a gitty feeling and wanted to run to beat them there like a little kid in a toy store. But i didnt because you never know whats around the corner and i wanted these guys taking me seriously as there leader, considering i helped them escape, i feel i should call the shots. But no im not a dictator or anything i just figure if they are with me i make my own decisions and they can deal with it. As soon as we got close Josh saw the plexiglass cabinet with guns in it and cried out, "look!" and was laughing at how outrageous it was that they were still there.

Just as we got closer to the sporting goods section, and Josh and paul were jogging together towards the guns laughing, i turned into the hunting/ bow isle with my own intentions. The first thing i saw was a bear compound bow hanging on the shelf with one of those locking things on it. It was one of those 45-60 pound adjustable compound bows that is all setup and ready to shoot. It is a walmart bow but i havent heard any hate towards them. I laughed with happiness as i shook my head and pulled out my knife to cut the packaging off. The best thing about this was the 4 full boxes of assorted arrows. it interested me that they didnt even sell enough broadheads for the amount of arrows there. I was in heaven. all of this shit and i dont have to pay for it. It was a small moment of pure happiness while i wasnt thinking about anything but this. My family and Kaylee have been on my mind 24/7 and this helped with that. I didnt even know where to start, i had a lot of choosing to do. I pulled up the bow and checked the draw length, and adjusted it to my arm length, and then set it to #60 draw. I still had a smile on my face when i was doing this, admiring my new weapon. I found some fixed broadheads, not any of that mechanical bullshit that breaks constantly. And i setup about 25 arrows with broadheads, and 30 more with target tips for zombies. I figure those will penetrate just fine and be easy to pull out. Turning around with my bow i got just as excited seeing all of the camo and hunting gear. As i walked down towards it Josh and Paul came around the corner loaded to the teeth. Paul being a hunter and knowing his guns had a nice .300 rifle, and a small semi auto ruger .22. Josh on the other hand had a mossberg 12ga with a picitinny rail on it and a door buster barrel, with a ridiculous 12ga bandolier sling on his chest full of shells. I laughed and said i wish they had pistols. I myself have now with me, my bow, my knife, a bayonet knife i got off of the commie guard, and an ak rifle with little ammo. While they showed me their new weapons i grabbed a nice range bag and filled it with all the arrows from the boxes while they laughed at me calling me rambo. I was proud because i fucking love rambo, i dont care what anyone says. I told them i will look a whole lot more like Rambo here pretty quick. I grabbed all of my arrows and told them to get some camo on, and find some camping gear. They grabbed some duffle bags and browsed around looking for useful shit.

I geared up in full camouflage, and found a nice black microwool face cover too. I immediately found the jacket i planned on buying at some point which was funny to me. It was a canvas hoodless camo jacket with a big collar with the hood packed inside, and had inside pockets and outside pockets on the sides and chest. All i thought was fuck yeah, and stuffed my pockets with shit from the camping isle. All the knives here are cheap junk so i didnt bother with that. Walmart does sell sog knives though and i grabbed josh a seal pup and threw it to him and said "this is a good knife" while he was looking at a cheap ass remington bowie knife. Paul grabbed a buck 119 special, which I envied. I grabbed one too, and tore it out of the packaging and admired it for a second before i stuffed it in my bag. Those are great hunting knives, and i figure my tom brown is now only for killing the undead so i better keep a clean knife. From the camping isle i put a few different calls in my bag and some scent cover. who knows how long we will be doing this but i will be in the woods so i grabbed all the hunting shit i could. I also grabbed a firesteel, a bunch of walmart paracord (they sell that shit everywhere these days.) and a couple pairs of nice gloves. i feel it is a good idea to wear them given the situation of close quarters with zombies.
We finally left the sporting goods and went to find the other two people with us. One was a 40 something woman named Kathy, and the other a man of similar age named John. I dont go into detail on them for this reason right here. We had grabbed a couple .22 rifles for the others that went for food, and headed their way. Upon walking up near the food isles, we heard a yell and started running. i nocked an arrow onto my bow and took off toward the yelling and came around the corner to see the woman had been attacked by a zed, and the John was pulling it off of her. in his struggle he was bit on the hand. I got close and put an arrow through the zombie's head and helped him up. This is the first i have come across this situation, and i know in all the movies everyone points a gun at the person that was bit or whatever, but this didnt go down that way. Paul Josh and I just stood there in silence looking at them while the cried in pain for a minute or so. I knew i couldnt help, but i wasnt going to just shoot them. I told them i was sorry but we had to go, that they should stay here. i had asked John if he wanted me to try and sever his arm, and he said no, he was done. We sat there for a minute in silence and i said lets go, and walked off. Josh and Paul stood there a little longer looking at me, then looked back at the people one more time and followed. It was sad. But i couldnt risk or deal with that. I had to find my family.

Walking out of wal mart i decided i should find a car there. in the parking lot there were a few shamblers that noticed us and i quickly shot one with my bow, nocked a new arrow and shot the other. i walked over to pull my arrows out and put them back in the quiver on the side of my bow. It held 6 arrows, i figured thats all i would ever need at one time. When i was putting my arrows back in i noticed a 4 door jeep wrangler, brand spankin new. it was only lifted a little but had nice tires and it was tan. I called dibs so the guys could here me and pointed at it, and they laughed. it wouldnt replace my commando but i always wanted one. pretty easy car shopping. I have never hot wired a vehicle but i knew how, it pretty simple, all it takes is engaging the starter. The jeep was locked and i didnt have time to fuck about so i broke out the driver window, sadly. I searched around for a spare key inside before i attempted all the bullshit with the wires, because who knows if i could pull it off on a new vehicle. I searched everywhere and was unsuccesful, so i got under the dash and started looking for the wires coming from the ignition. I found the red and black, clipped them and started tapping them together hoping for ignition. the first set didnt work out and i tried a different red and got it. it had a little trouble and then turned over and fired up. Hopefully i didnt fuck up anything useful, ha. Right as i came up exclaiming i was a beast, Josh was holding up a key with a little jeep emblem fob on it. I turned my head and said where the fuck did you find that? Apparently it was in the registration and insurance envolope. I guess i should try that next time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:48 pm 

Seems the Chinese would have attacked with more stealth but then how likely are zombie dogs as the carrier or just (zombies period)?
This is a great story, hope you keep it going.Please.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:45 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Thanks!

Needs quite a bit of editing for typos (and double post on part 2 btw), but I'm really enjoying the story. Keep it coming!

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:
... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:
... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.