Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Catshooter

Re: Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

Post by Catshooter » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:33 am

Y'all should know that Kathy is back in the saddle.

Here: https://www.fictionpress.com/u/1056183/ ... ninFlorida

Enjoy!

Cat

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:39 pm

Catshooter wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:33 am
Y'all should know that Kathy is back in the saddle.

Here: https://www.fictionpress.com/u/1056183/ ... ninFlorida

Enjoy!

Cat
Thanks! Looks like she’s migrating all her stories there... maybe some day (finger’s crossed) this one will finally be finished...or at least in a good place to wrap up all the loose ends!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:20 pm

bump for my favorite story on ZS. If you're new here or in lockdown and bored /need something to take your mind off pandemic worries. It all begins with
Sissy's Journal

I feel a little guilty for taking the time to do this when there are so many more urgent things I could be doing
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:59 pm

flybynight wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:20 pm
Bump for my favorite story on ZS. If you're new here or in lockdown and bored /need something to take your mind off pandemic worries. It all begins with Sissy's Journal

I feel a little guilty for taking the time to do this when there are so many more urgent things I could be doing.
Don't. This story is one of the best I've ever read.

DAVE KI
Favorite Zombie Movies: WWZ though nowhere as good as the book.

Post by DAVE KI » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:11 pm

flybynight wrote:
I feel a little guilty for taking the time to do this when there are so many more urgent things I could be doing.
As well you ought. LOL. In my haste I'm thinking update update even though I knew better. :gonk:
"We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

Ever

Post by Ever » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:13 am

I am rereading it too.

Man oh man, the days I went without sleep as I binged this story back in the day!

This story has been my higher education in prepping.

BTW... started reading it again when I returned to ZS early Feb to prepare for the COVID-19 event. She just nails it. My current bug in cooking is being directly inspired by her first weeks as she's using up her fridge & cabinet food before moving to her preps.

This story gave me the mental pics I refer to right now in how Sissy felt, stress, concern, anxiety, creativity,... everything.

I wonder how Kathy's preps are mirroring her story as COVID-19 is playing out.
Ever, previously known here as 'zombiepreparation'

Stay safe and well, y'all.
(and keep practicing physical distancing and wearing masks. if not for yourself do it for those of us around ya who desperately need ya to)

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:28 pm

I am so glad to hear she is back in the saddle this is due for a reread asap, this story was my biggest inspiration to start writing.

airballrad
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by airballrad » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:38 pm

This has always been my favorite Zombie fiction story (on or off ZS), and I now live about an hour south of where the story takes place.

If you had told me ten years ago that I would live in SW Florida and be holed up in my house with my family because of a virus, I'd have said you were nuts, but here I am. :rofl:

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:47 pm

airballrad wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:38 pm
This has always been my favorite Zombie fiction story (on or off ZS), and I now live about an hour south of where the story takes place.

If you had told me ten years ago that I would live in SW Florida and be holed up in my house with my family because of a virus, I'd have said you were nuts, but here I am. :rofl:

I was born in Bradenton, grew up mostly across the river in Palmetto though... know the area well, and know exactly what you’re talking about! The parts that stood out and brought back so many memories for me was their hunting expeditions in/around Busch Gardens...my older cousins worked there when I was a kid, and I always thought about what would happen if those animals were set free!

Was recently offered a move to Lakeland with my company...very, very difficult to turn it down, but my daughter’s doing well in HS and don’t want to mess up that dynamic by moving now. The kids had enough of that while I was in the military...and now that we’re here in the Texas hill country, it’ll be hard to ever move!

Especially with days like today up on the lake!

Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

airballrad
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by airballrad » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:16 pm

I hear ya. The kids were all still in elementary school when we moved here to Sarasota about 4 years ago; now we will not likely move until the youngest is done with HS in about nine more years. It's pretty nice here, though, so if the time comes that we relocate it probably won't be too far anyway.
91Eunozs wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:47 pm
but my daughter’s doing well in HS and don’t want to mess up that dynamic by moving now. The kids had enough of that while I was in the military...and now that we’re here in the Texas hill country, it’ll be hard to ever move!

Return to “Fiction”