Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

kaijafon

Re: Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

Post by kaijafon » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I was hoping,......there was a new chapter for one of her stories over at the tree.....

I'll try to be patient!!

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:24 pm

I have a lovely haunch of smokey ham, broccoli, peaches, scalloped potatoes, and iced rubber ducky cookies.
Anyone for dinner while we wait?
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:20 pm

ZombieGranny wrote:I have a lovely haunch of smokey ham, broccoli, peaches, scalloped potatoes, and iced rubber ducky cookies.
Anyone for dinner while we wait?
You have no idea how good that sounds right now :shock:

dreamer

Post by dreamer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:26 am

I flew over Tampa yesterday. It was the Kathy tour, seeing the terrain first hand and getting a better idea of the excursions the group took. I imagined how the area would look in the worlds of MJOTZY, TIMS, and Will to Survive... And then a zombie jumped out at me!

...from the pages of the catologue on the plane - a garden zombie to crawl out of the garden and eat brains.

I

want

MOAR

story!!!!
please

The1Paladin
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sean of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Origonal), Resident Evil

Post by The1Paladin » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:45 pm

I got burned real bad last weekend in Clearwater Beach. I baked myself some cookies in hopes for more story...
*PLEASE NOTE*
Skynet will go live December 21st, 2012.

EvilTOJ
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil movies

Post by EvilTOJ » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:40 am

LowKey wrote:SHAMBLER"S MOAN*

Last night a little writer came writin' about gloom
Last night a little writer came writing cross my screen
She said "Come on babies I got a license for tale
And if it expires pray help from above"

In the midnight hour we cried- "moar, moar, moar"
With a shambler's moan we cried- "moar, moar, moar"
In the midnight hour ma'am- "moar, moar, moar"
With a shambler's moan- "moar, moar, moar"
Moar, moar, moar.

Sissy don't like NRSC, she won't sit and beg
But when we're tired and lonely she sends us tales
What set you free and brought you to tell me...
What set you free I need your sto-ry
Because.....

With a shambler's moan- "moar, moar, moar"

We live on this story time
Waiting for moar from seven to eleven
Well we're up all night to hear a tale
Just so long, just so long it don't mess up Sissy's Lair.....

I read it all from you, ma'am
A thousand pages from you
I read your tales of pain, ma'am
I hope for a million moar, from you....

I'd sell my stuff for your tale
For pages to turn.... from you
I've read them all, and want moar, ma'am
Just, just, justa, justa to have your sto-ry
Because

With a shambler's moan we cried "moar, moar, moar"
moar, moar, moar.

Oh yeah Momma Hen
we want moar
moar, moar, moar, moar, MOAR!
we want moar
moar, moar, moar, MOAR!

*Apologies to Billy Idol
You forgot this :D

If the zombie apocalypse ever happens, I'm just going to surround my house with outward facing treadmills.
I should be fine.

jmstevens2

Post by jmstevens2 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:17 am

I can't believe it took this long for someone to think of that. Billy kinda looks like a zombie too.

Princess Havoc
Favorite Zombie Movies: resident evil movies...

Post by Princess Havoc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:24 pm

Please can we has some MOAR!!!

bonanacrom

Post by bonanacrom » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:35 pm

No moar !
The deeper you go in the forest the more things there are to eat your horse. Image

knight_308

Post by knight_308 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:28 am

There was some nice, long, MOAR on BLPOMAM. Emma had her baby.
Proud to be a Cake Browncoat: "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."

knight_308's EDC

dreamer

Post by dreamer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:04 pm

knight_308 wrote:There was some nice, long, MOAR on BLPOMAM. Emma had her baby.
Where? I'm not getting an update on blogspot... Must... have... moar!!!

Lurch

Post by Lurch » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:13 pm

knight_308 wrote:There was some nice, long, MOAR on BLPOMAM. Emma had her baby.
There's also moar on TIMS and TATTIAS. Woohoo!

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:36 pm

Hey y'all. Hope you don't mind if I drop in and actually do something constructive like post the next installment. Live has just been ... er ... um ... I'll be polite and say it has been a little too interesting lately. We are still living half way out of boxes but I think I'm beginning to at least be able to find which box of stuff I'm looking for at this point. And there has been some lemons to turn into lemonade as well. In other words same old, same old ... just more of it. I'm hoping that I can post a little more often. Not every day but hopefully more than what I've been doing.

And now that I've sung my latest sob story let's continue for the audience's viewing pleasure. :wink:

--------------------------

“These are the times that try men’s souls.” I bet when Thomas Paine said that he had no idea that nearly 250 years later a woman would be reminded of his words while surrounded by battle gore and zombies. Well, my soul was being tried all right … and while I knew the war was won in that respect, I was quickly losing the battle I was in at that moment.

There is no question that we have to lose sometimes. It is only through failure that we truly become motivated to succeed. It is only through death that we truly learn to appreciate life. But at that moment a deep and intense resolution grew in me that failure was not an option, not in this place and not at this time. I knew one day … perhaps soon … death would overtake me, but not until I had completed my task.

If you had asked me what my task actually was at that moment I doubt I could have verbalized it. All that existed as a truly conscious thought was intent. Put into words of one syllable or less I was making it up as I went and flying by the seat of my pants. The only thing I cared about was my refusal to watch the horror story from the sidelines any longer. I would defend my family with whatever I had left to use.

Unfortunately I didn’t have anything of real use so the first order of business was getting a weapon. A real one. And all that stood in my way was a partially dismembered corpse that was crawling over the cobbled together weapons system of the downed helicopter in front of me.

Temporarily ignoring the other zombies wandering in the vicinity I got myself upright and then, khukuri in hand, I lurched over to the newly awakened dead thing and put a period to its regeneration by cleaving the head from what remained of the body. Unfortunately for me, before I could take possession of the weapon in front of me I had to detangle the zombie’s intestines. It was worse than trying to get the candy out of the girls’ hair the last time we’d pulled taffy and unlike with the girls’ locks I didn't have to be patient. I simply started slicing away at the mess and tossing it aside.

Though still gore covered the things I freed were beautiful. One was a standard M240 machine gun that had been mounted on a mini turret kind of thing so that I could manually aim and fire it without it kicking me over. The other was an M134 Gatling gun. It was mounted the same way but didn’t have as much maneuverability as the M240. I decided to start with the M240 since the belt of ammo was already loaded and raring to go.

I had no choice but to kneel in the blood soaked ground which caused gray and silver sparkles to obscure my peripheral vision but I didn’t have time to really react to the pain because the zombies I had been ignoring had not been ignoring me. The first one was nearly on top of me when I practically obliterated it with the M240.

I drew a breath through the mask I still wore and suddenly I felt empowered, strong … not invincible, but not the helpless and puny thing I had been for a while. The helicopter wreckage to my back provided a decent amount of protection and the machine gun allowed me to aim at any threat between our main gate, across the moat, and then out to the tree line to the west. It wasn’t a completely clear field of fire as the wreckage of other helicopters and vehicles got in the way but the power in the weapon I was using overcame the few advantages my opponents had.

After I burned through the first belt of one hundred bullets I realized that I’d need to do something other than play at being Rambo. There was a huge case of belts beside me on the ground … and I thought maybe more in the helicopter … but if I was stupid they wouldn’t last long at all. This wasn’t an electronic game that I could just hit a button and more bullets would appear; when these were gone they were completely gone and no more would magically appear to fill an empty gun. And an empty gun is nothing but an expensive club, something that would be next to useless in my current situation.

Frantically replaying our training sessions that Dix insisted on I pulled the charging handle, put the safety on, and then pushed the charging handle forward. I removed the feed tray cover and fitted the next belt in place and then reversed my actions to get the weapon ready for service. I knew I was going to have to get faster if I didn’t want to get eaten. But my luck held, or I kept the angels busy depending on your point of view. I went through three more belts before I had any trouble from anything other than the zombies.

Another wave of vehicles was coming and I noticed they appeared to be in formation. I also noticed that they were more heavily armored than any I had seen before. Their point was aimed straight at our main gate. I think those idiots thought they were just going to ram it head on and break through. Obviously their recon was faulty or someone was just plain over eager and stupid. Not only is there an outer gate but an inner one as well. But to heck was I going to let that charge go unchallenged, especially when I saw that the helicopters that still flew were massing to give cover to the armored vehicles.

I pinned several ammo belts together and then let fly. I concentrated on the lead vehicles and laughed maniacally as they crashed and then those coming in behind them turned their charge into a major pile up. Unfortunately it brought me to the attention of those flying the helicopters. Uh oh.

I learned real quick that I had to get the copters before they came too close because the M240 didn’t have the flexibility to go higher than about 45 degrees. They tried to … I think it is called “straffing.” They came at me with guns ablazing but someone on the Wall must have been paying attention because as I had given them cover fire to help them save the gate, they took on the birds that would try and get too close to me. Several times we pinned the birds between us and they flew into range getting scorched on both sides before falling from the sky.

The wave continued to its finish, just like the other waves had. I was spent, literally and figuratively. I had used up nearly all of the last belt of ammo for the M240 and was trying to figure out how to load an ammo belt into the Gatling gun when something nudged my ankle. I made a grab for my khukuri but it was useless against what I found.

FEUERMANN

Post by FEUERMANN » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:40 pm

MOAR IS HERE!!!

Sissy and an m240, THAT'S worth waiting for :D

Thank you Kathy :)

jmstevens2

Post by jmstevens2 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:31 pm

She is still here, Is there moar?

Rainman
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Fido, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 2, Dead Alive, 28 Days Later

Post by Rainman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:09 am

311 pages of story and comments and cries for MOAR, and Kathy still manages to crank out cliff hanger after cliff hanger. My fingers are broken from all the hanging on! And I love it! Keep up the good work, Mother Hen, and let us have it with another cliff hanger when you get the chance!
MOARRRRRRR!

bonanacrom

Post by bonanacrom » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:30 am

Your going to leave the story like that ? You hate me don't you...
The deeper you go in the forest the more things there are to eat your horse. Image

Geppato
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombieland

Post by Geppato » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:32 am

Wow, really great reading 8)
You're A Daisy If You Do

thebigstick

Post by thebigstick » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:06 am

whaaaaaa I don't check in for a few days and am rewarded with fresh still cooling delicious moar. thanks Kathy and I know living out of boxes can be maddening so hope you get through it all soon and get settled in. -TBS
Visit the new Southern California Zombie Squad chapter ZS:44
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=134

DarkAxel
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Evil Dead Series, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, NOTLD, Resident Evil Series

Post by DarkAxel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:31 am

Yay! MOAR!
vyadmirer wrote:Call me the paranoid type, but remember I'm on a post apocalyptic website prepared for zombies.
Fleet #: ZS 0180

Browncoat

Imma Fudd, and proud of it.

ZS Wiki

Narshalla

Post by Narshalla » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:28 am

MOAR zombie si happy! Om nom nom!

Ratchet

Post by Ratchet » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:46 am

bonanacrom wrote:Your going to leave the story like that ? You hate me don't you...
thats what you get for losing hope for MOAR! sad; because we keep spirits high in the l-dale

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:59 am

It's an adorable zombie kitten bringing her a dead rat to eat!
I have blueberry muffins, chocolate chunk muffins, strawberries, bananas, grapefruit, and Guatemalan coffee - breakfast, anyone?
Moar?
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

midgetyaz

Post by midgetyaz » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:31 pm

She keeps leaving us with these cliff hangers as if we would forget about her story after reading an installment!

I think she hates us.

I can haz moar pleez?
bonanacrom wrote:That made no sense at all. I think it was meant to make me dumber, and it worked.

Return to “Fiction”