Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

cusm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shawn of the Dead
28 Days Later
Night of the Commet

Re: Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

Post by cusm » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:50 pm

I have never seen a bigger douche in this board. The only immature comments I have seen have been yours. And your little story of the mentally challenged is extremely insulting, disturbing and inapropriate on so many levels.

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:50 pm

To ignore someone: click 'profile', 'add foe', 'yes'.

Their posts will collapse and you no longer need to read their drivel.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

SMoAF
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by SMoAF » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:54 pm

HaroldWayneHamlin wrote:I fail to see however, how it effects you or others.
Anything anybody does that keeps Kathy from posting for ANY reason affects me and mine, so please, with all due respect, STFU.

Secondly, Kathy's story has had real world effects. In one particular case that I am intimately involved in, her story planted a mental seed that led to a real, concrete improvement in somebody else's life. WTF have you ever done to make somebody else's life better?

If you don't like how Kathy does business, don't read the thread. But ripping on somebody else's work? Grow the fuck up.

Thank you for playing,
SMoAF
"Betrayed by the land that bore us; Forlorn by those we hold dear.
The Good have all gone before us, and only the Wicked are here.
So stand to, your glasses ready, for the world is a world full of lies.
Here's to those gone before us, and here's toNo the next man who dies."

No new assholes since 08/18.

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:59 pm

HaroldWayneHamlin wrote:Well, it looks like I have steped in it or ****** and fell back in it.

Just could not help myself. I saw nothing in my post that warranted such a response as I recieved.

I suppose some here are looking for all they can to use as an excuse to jump in and bash a newbe.

Help me Mother Hen, Help me, the coyotes are circling. One of the coyotes I think, is a bengal tiger wearing a coyote hide.

later
wayne
Don't look to me for hand outs of sympathy. I'm no tinpot godlet. I hope I've been smart enough to leave whatever arrogance that I might still claim in check. You started this brouhaha. People have playgrounds where they like to relax, even ... or maybe I should say especially ... adults. It is a place where people can go after a hard day and experience something outside of their daily lives. It is a place where they can share and receive support ... or constructive criticism if needed. Emphasis on the constructive.

You came in at a wobble and continued with a rough landing. Then you popped your chute and appeared to shoot your mouth off. Not everyone is going to back down to that. And people are ... protective ... of their friends and I hope I can say that most of us are friends around here albeit separated by distance and circumstances. A few of us PM off the board and talk about things other than the story.

You rattled the cage and some folks showed they were capable of rattling back. I hope you continue to enjoy your time here on ZS but allow me a little critique if I may. Until you get a taste for any particular forum or sub forum it might be wiser to gently enter into a conversation with your co-posters. A "tone of voice" does not always carry over well in non-verbal/non-facial communication opportunities. Allowing people to get the feel for your online persona before ripping it up, jokingly or not, will make communication efforts more smooth and constructive. Whether you meant to be or not, some of your comments were perceived to be insensitive. People come here to exercise some stress-reducing antics. That makes for a certain kind of energy. When that energy gets disturbed it makes for a not nice situation.

Just relax, get a feel for the different posters here. It can get fun and silly and crazy ... and serious. We try to be supportive of one another. When a bad vibe comes in there is a tendancy to protect those we've come to call friends. You are welcome to join our play time ... everyone is ... but we all try and not ruffle feathers intentionally when at all possible so that everyone gets a little of the relaxation pie ... or is that cake? Who's up on the pie/cake debate? Which side is winning these days? :lol: Or is it brownies? Kaijafon ... are you still bringing the brownies to the party? And B ... bring those little oreo ball thingies. Every time the kids make them they disappear before I get more than a small taste.

bonanacrom

Post by bonanacrom » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:25 pm

Southern, very country lady. I bet you could choke an apology from your husband with a look. I wish your parents had thought of us and made more like ya.
Last edited by bonanacrom on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The deeper you go in the forest the more things there are to eat your horse. Image

HaroldWayneHamlin

Post by HaroldWayneHamlin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:38 pm

bonanacrom wrote:Stop digging, we'll never get you out this way. Why do you care so much if some had taken what you posted out of content ? Drop it unless confrontation is your goal. Half the fun people here have is between the story posts.

good advice, done

twitch, twitch, ok, you right, done.

later
wayne

kaijafon

Post by kaijafon » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:00 pm

I'm thinking it's time FOR:

BROWNIES!! DIG IN!!

Soda pop is in the cooler as usual~!

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:04 pm

I have homemade chocolate chip, oatmeal cranberry, and black forest cookies to share.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

Kaylan

Post by Kaylan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:11 pm

:shock: Oh my goodness, those brownies look amazing.

I got a KitchenAid mixer for my birthday (candy apple red, woot!). Perhaps I should do some baking... Got a good recipe, Kaijafon? Or, well, anyone? I'm open to all suggestions! :D

I'd send some to you all, but somehow I think the postage time would make 'em go all icky before they got to you... :lol: Virtual brownies will have to suffice. ;)

It's been a while since I said thanks for story, Kathy, so let me say it again. Thanks! For this story, and all your others. You're an amazing lady. I hope the move goes well and life settles down again soon. (I'll also quietly hope for moar soon, but no pressure of course! The wait is fun, with all the antics that go on.)

walterde
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Black Hawk Down and Interstellar

Post by walterde » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:18 pm

Now, in reviewing my post I see nothing what so ever that was negative. Some things (taken out of context) could be precieved by an adolescent mind as negative but then any thing ones says could be and has been taken out of context by an immature mind.

If I be troll
then let it rest upon my soul
and not the toes
of those who play
the demo games
on the machine of life.

Yes, I will keep my day job, rather than wade in the emotions of immature minds.

later
wayne[/quote]

I think he just called us all retarded. Get a rope, I'll bring the tree.
I gotta go to class.

walterde
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Black Hawk Down and Interstellar

Post by walterde » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:23 pm

are you still bringing the brownies to the party? And B ... bring those little oreo ball thingies. Every time the kids make them hey disappear before I get more than a small taste.[/quote]

Uh, when is the party and why didn't I get invited :shock: :shock: :( :( I[ll bring the salsa and chips. Just made up a new batch today, but I toned it down so the wife and daughter could eat it. My boys and I dont care for it if it doesn't make you cry, but I'll tone it down for the party I promise!!!!!!!
I gotta go to class.

HaroldWayneHamlin

Post by HaroldWayneHamlin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:48 pm

walterde wrote:Now, in reviewing my post I see nothing what so ever that was negative. Some things (taken out of context) could be precieved by an adolescent mind as negative but then any thing ones says could be and has been taken out of context by an immature mind.

If I be troll
then let it rest upon my soul
and not the toes
of those who play
the demo games
on the machine of life.

Yes, I will keep my day job, rather than wade in the emotions of immature minds.

later
wayne

I think he just called us all retarded. Get a rope, I'll bring the tree.[/quote]

Very very very good one grasshopper. I got a good belly laugh out of that one. It is more in line with the sperit of the intent.

I tip my hat to ya.

Later
Wayne

midgetyaz

Post by midgetyaz » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:09 pm

y'all seem to need this:

it's a basket of puppies.
bonanacrom wrote:That made no sense at all. I think it was meant to make me dumber, and it worked.

MacTech

Post by MacTech » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:28 am

midgetyaz wrote:y'all seem to need this:

it's a basket of puppies.
....And one of them is saying "MOAR!" ;)

ZombieGranny

Post by ZombieGranny » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:48 am

Kaylan, I used to belong to a forum called Gail's Recipe swap. It's long gone now, but here are some of my favorite brownie recipes from that site.
Enjoy!

what to do with dry brownies
Crumble or cut them up, dump chocolate sauce from a can (hershey's?) over them, throw in some raspberry or apricot jam (raspberry sauce if you've got it instead) and drizzle with liquor to match (chambord, triple sec, peach schnapps, etc). Mix up. Let sit overnight in fridge. Bring to room temp and top with whipped cream.
You can serve it at once, making it an instant dessert, but it is better if it sits overnight.
Wonderful for breakfast ;)
-------
Chocolate Fudge Cookies with Toffee and Dried Cherries They're from "In The Sweet Kitchen" by Regan Daly.

2 1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 c. butter, at room temperature
1 c. tightly packed brown sugar
3/4 c. granulated sugar
2 lg. eggs
1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 c. plump, moist dried cherries
1 c. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate,
copped into chunks
1 c. Skor Bits
Preheat oven to 350. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. (or just spray really well with Pam if you don’t have parchment)
Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down side of bowl as necessary. Beat in vanilla.
Stir in the flour mixture in 3 additions, blending just until ingredients are moistened. Stir in chunky ingredients until they are evenly distributed.
Drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheets and bake them in the middle of the oven. Bake 15-18 minutes, or until barely set in the center and just firm around the edges. Cool on tray for 3 –5 minutes and then transfer to rack to cool completely.
1. They're my favorite, too! You can also make them into brownies! (Sue/CO)
1. Sue a ? how long do you cook them if you make brownies?nt (Lisa in Birmingham)
1. Regan Dal3y says to bake in a 9x13 pan - 350 degrees Grease your pan and line the bottom and up the two long sides with parchment. Spread the batter evenly and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top is shiny and a wooden skewer inserted about 2 inches away from the center of the brownies comes out with crumbs clinging to it. Cool completely in the pan. Lift out of pan and cut into squares - stores up to 5 days.
This dough, both for the cookies or brownies, can be wrapped and frozen for four months. She says to let thaw in it's wrapping (saran wrap and then freezer bag) in the fridge before portioning into cookies or brownies.
Happy baking! (Sue/CO)
-----------------------
One-Pot Brownies I hope I'm not repeating anything in the Archives, but I don't recall seeing anything like this.
CHOCOLATE CHUNK BROWNIES
1 cup margarine / butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup all purpose flour
0.5 cup unsweetened cocoa
0.5 tsp salt
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup chopped pecans
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 13X9" pan.
In medium saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add sugar, vanilla and eggs and blend well.Stir in flour, cocoa and salt . Mix well.Add chocolate and pecans.
Pour into pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes .
Yield: 36 bars
--------
From: e. in SF Hi Seedy . . . here's the recipe. These are SOOOOOOO good!
Knock you Nakeds Brownies
1 pkg. (18 1/2 oz) German Chocolate Cake mix
1 cup chopped nuts
1/3 cup + 1/2 cup evaporated milk-divided
1/2 cup melted butter
60 vanilla caramels, unwrapped (one 14 oz pkg)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
In a large mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, nuts, 1/3 cup evaporated milk and melted butter. Press half of the batter into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for eight minutes.
In the microwave or top of a double boiler melt caramels with remaining 1/2 cup evaporated milk. When caramel mixture is well mixed, pour over baked layer. Cover with chocolate chips. Pour remaining batter on top of morsels. Return to oven and bake 18 minutes (or less for gooier brownies).
Let cool before cutting.
The restaurant serves them with vanilla ice cream...A chocolate lover's dream.
Makes 16-20 bars.
--
Knock you Naked #2 Recipe by Sandra W.
Use refrigerated sugar cookie dough.
Pat into bottom of 9x13 pan, bake for 7 min.
Meanwhile, melt 14 oz package of caramels and 1/2 evap. stir until smooth. Pour over half-baked cookies. Sprinkle on 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup toasted coconut. Bake for another 10 minutes, turn off stove, leave in oven until cool. Dig out into serving cups.
Makes soft, gooey caramel like a snickers bar, with pieces of crust and chips. VERY RICH!!!
------
The base of this double-layered confection is a dense slab of fudgy cake that's topped with creamy New York-style cheesecake.
Layered Cheesecake Brownies YIELD: 24 2-inch brownies
Cheesecake topping:
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temp.
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 tablespoons heavy cream or sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Brownie base:
8 ounces high quality semisweet chocolate
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temp.
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
Make the cheesecake topping:
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with softened butter or shortening. Line the bottom and two of the sides with a sheet of aluminum foil that extends 2 inches over each side. Lightly grease the foil.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheeseand the butter and beat with an electric mixer for about 1 minute until fluffy. Blend in the sugar and the flour. Add the eggs, heavy cream, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Set aside.
Make the brownie base:
3. Fill the bottom of a double boiler with about 1/2-inch of water and bring it to a gentle simmer. In the top of the double boiler, place the chocolate. When the chocolate has melted, stir it with a spoon until smooth. Remove the top of the double boiler from the heat and set aside until ready to use.
4. Place the butter in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer at high speed for about 1 minute, until fluffy. Gradually beat in the sugar and then, one at a time, beat in the eggs. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes until light in color. Add the vanilla and almond extracts, the salt and the chocolate mixture. Beat until smooth. Quickly beat in the flour just until blended.
5. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Slowly pour the cheesecake topping over the brownie base.
Bake for about 45 minutes until puffed in the center and lightly browned. Leave the brownies in the pan and cool on a rack for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the brownies to loosen them and, using the extending foil, pull them out of the pan. Carefully peel off the foil. Using a sharp knife dipped in hot water, cut the brownies into 24 rectangles. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
Lynn
---------------------
-

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:58 am

HaroldWayneHamlin, please stop trolling and read the forum rules before you post any further on ZS. You got good advice about lurking more and posting less. I suggest you take it. I also strongly suggest you post no further in this thread.
Mostly not here anymore.

Texas Rebel
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Texas Rebel » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:15 am

dogbane wrote:HaroldWayneHamlin, please stop trolling and read the forum rules before you post any further on ZS. You got good advice about lurking more and posting less. I suggest you take it. I also strongly suggest you post no further in this thread.
HaroldWayneHamlin did it now :lol:
Got the Moderator involed :twisted:
Trolls like this need to be deleted and I wish that they would stay off this Forum
Kathy has been doing a GREAT JOB with her post.
She does have a LIFE and KID'S to deal with also.
She don't post all the time as we would love her to do :(
But as all us know when you have a Family and real life to tend it is hard to appease the MOAR HOARD :mrgreen:
We all sit here and paitently wait for MOAR :lol:
“By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail.”Benjamin Franklin
"Determine never to be idle.No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any.It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing."Thomas Jefferson

ozwyn

Post by ozwyn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:27 am

Dang, all these posts and no more story.

More story please!
CLEAR CUT wrote:I eat hot food because I dig pain and it's far cheaper than paying a dominatrix to kick me in the balls repeatedly.
Necrodamus wrote:Dont put yourself in a situation that is going to put you in a situation.

mes_1970
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by mes_1970 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:15 pm

dogbane wrote:HaroldWayneHamlin, please stop trolling and read the forum rules before you post any further on ZS. You got good advice about lurking more and posting less. I suggest you take it. I also strongly suggest you post no further in this thread.
Y'all hear that ? I do believe that was the sound of somebody taking a peach switch to ol harold's ass telling him he's not allowed to play here anymore :lol: Go on harold, take your toys and go home, when you learn to play nice,be respectful and not talk shit to our mama hen, then maybe you can come back :lol:

Big J

Post by Big J » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:17 pm

HaroldWayneHamlin wrote: state school of mental retardation.
I'm sorry, when was this fair held, 1923?

I know I shouldn't feed trolls, but that line made me stop in my tracks. BTW, moar please.

HaroldWayneHamlin

Post by HaroldWayneHamlin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:23 pm

as you appear to be the person who controls at least this thread.

Please tell me in which post I started trolling. To me, after reviewing my post from the beginning, I see nothing that is in the rules that warranted a scolding from the moderator.

What I see is a post to MH, with a bit of advice. Nothing negative nor trolling, as far as I can see or tell. I see nothing in my post except common logic and nothing that is negative or personal at all.

I was immediately jumped on by what I assume are kids, for making a statement (of good will and intent) to an author.

Now, here you are telling me I am Trolling, (still do not know what is ment by that term but it appears that it means that anyone other that current long term users of this board, can not state an opinion).

I did not revert to name calling, I did not do anything other than interact in a mature frinedly way. I did however fail to realize the visousness of two or three individuals.

I am even more amazed that you, as a moderator and controller of this board, did not repremend anyone other than me (who if you will look over the past post) is not the one TROLLING to create ill will.

There are a couple of others who attacked personally and did so with name calling, and pure adolesant screaming.

This is your board or at least your thread to moderate, I know someone has to do it to keep things from getting out of hand and I can and will abide by that authority.

However, I know nothing about you. I look at your Avatar and precieve what I assume is a responsible adult and as such I would expect a rational analyse of the past posts and at least repremand others as you have openly repremanded me.

One sided justice should not be dealt out.

I am at lose as to how my post to the author could have offended anyone other that a spoiled kid.

later
wayne

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:32 pm

Kathy, I'm going to lock this thread until we can deal appropriately and fairly with Mr. Hamlin. My apologies to you and your readers for this temorary move. The thread will be reopened as soon as we are able.

ETA to the Moar Hoard: Please do not PM me anymore about this lock. I am too busy to listen to your complaints at the moment. Rest assured the thread will be reopened as soon as we are able to do so. If Kathy has any more story to post, we will ensure that she will be able to do so.

If you folks don't want a moderator to come in to deal with things, then don't report the trolls to the mods.
Mostly not here anymore.

CLEAR CUT

Post by CLEAR CUT » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:50 pm

Harold,

From what I've read of your posts they are indeed trolling in nature. I would ask that you desist from this tack immediately or risk the consequences. Consider this an official warning.

Feedback is a good thing and criticism is as well provided it is constructive in nature. I would appreciate some more constructive posts from you should you choose to post in this thread again.

As for the rest of you, knock it off. I appreciate your coming to Kathy's defense and your loyalty to both her as well as her story. In the future though, should a problem arise please refer them to one of the admins/arbiters/moderators. Thanks.

I'm going to go ahead and unlock this thread in the hopes that everyone can play nicely and enjoy Kathy's story which by the way is very awesome and I enjoy it tremendously.
The greatest mask of all is not wearing one.
You can't tarnish a rusted blade.
Zoltan wrote:Chimps are fucking dangerous
Don't ever forget your DBP's!

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Post by Oneswunk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:02 pm

Copy dat.
KEEPER OF THE MEATWORLD SPICEWEASEL.
JoergS wrote:The power of 30 English longbowmen, at your fingertips... sweet.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Return to “Fiction”