The Beginning

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

kaijafon

Re: The Beginning

Post by kaijafon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:15 pm

I hope you don't wait another year between posts, I'm not a youngster anymore!

Deschain
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Shaun of the Dead, Fido

Post by Deschain » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:27 am

I'll give it a shot. I like it when people leave comments, or shoot me a PM if they like a story. I'll put up the next little bit Nov 30th, around 1400 EST.
Thanks for the support, by the by.

Deschain
Control the things you can control, maggot. Let everything else take a flying fuck at you, and if you must go down, go down with your guns blazing.- Cort

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.
-General Mattis

De-Domesticating the Modern Male

Deschain

Post by Deschain » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:39 am

We found the Rabbi trying to reason with an older man trailing guts out of the corner of his mouth. The stairway up to the rifle was behind him and another two or three shamblers. Bear grabbed him by the shoulder, pulled him back towards us. I watched six people - four women, two children- rush towards the door, all bleeding badly. Three children shambled after them, and it took me a few seconds to realize they were dead. It was the red eyes. They were zombies. More were coming up the stairs by the second. Bear shouted at us.

"Jeremy, protect the Rabbi, Gabe, keep Sarah safe!"

I just sort of stood there. Sarah tried to rush past me, but I pushed her back. The wounded threw open the main door of the temple, and they were waiting for them. More zombies fell on them, and the three caught up to them. I don't like remembering what happened then. I snapped out of it when I heard Jeremy call out for help. I let Sarah go. Bear was standing at the entrance to the basement, pushing zombies back down with his bat while Jeremy covered his back. The Rabbi was fiddling with a box all the while. The children's screams stopped.

"Gabe, try to clear a way out! We need to get out!"

I looked at the doorway. With the child-zombies, and the fresh zombies, there were about a dozen of them. It just wasn't looking good. But watching those people die made me angry, irrationally angry. I rushed them, axe overhead. The first one that turned towards me, I slashed wildly at. I remember- it was a middle-aged woman, kind of skinny. Her face was covered in blood, all down the front of her flannel bathrobe too.

I split her skull down the middle, scattering brains everywhere.

The next one came at me, and I took his lower jaw off. Another swing embedded my axe in his ribcage after blowing through his collarbone and damn near severing his arm. Kicking him off, I saw Sarah out of the corner of my eye. She scooted past me, and I cursed. A man in a suit came lumbering towards her, and I put my axe into his face. Sarah, to my surprise, lifted her cleaver over her head like a mini axe, and one after another split open the heads of the child-zombies eating the fallen. Bang, bang, bang. Just like that. Cold.

Then Bear was there, and Jeremy, and we had a way out. We were yelling and screaming, covered in blood. The Rabbi had this huge scroll thing in hand, and more zombies were coming out of the basement. We were covered in blood, and rushing out the door before we knew where we were going. The whole damn fight took inside of twenty seconds.

"This way, my car's over here!" the rabbi screamed at us as we dashed out the temple doors, the zombies trailing us. God, there were an acre of them. We ran around back, where a minivan was parked. The rabbi handed the scroll thing to Jeremy, and tried to unlock the driver's side door. He was having trouble, mostly because he was shaking like a leaf. We could hear the moans behind us, and answering moans all around. I could hear him muttering to himself.

"Oh, Avi...Jacob, why? God have mercy on us..."

He finally got it, and unlocked the doors for us as he started the car. We piled in as fast we could. The scroll-thing got put in the very back, and the van was rolling before we even had time to sit down. There was a jarring impact, and we were out of the parking lot.
It wasn't a terribly comfortable ride. The four of us hadn't washed in a few days, and the mess from the zombies were all over us. It was seeping into the upholstery, into our clothes. I was in the back, with Jeremy and Sarah squished between us. Bear was up front, talking to the rabbi.

"My whole congregation. Every man, woman, and child, dead or one of them."

"I know, padre, it's an awful tragedy, but we need to figure out where we're going. We couldn't save them, but we can still save ourselves."

"How did...how?"

"Gotta calm down, padre."

"Almost all the bites were infected in an hour, and a lot of them were sick...but most of them had only been down there a day!"

"R-rabbi? Maybe the bites kill, and when you get bitten you come back as one of them," Sarah managed, stuttering a little.

"But that quickly?"

Bear nodded, head swiveling as he watched the road. There wasn't much out there except the zombies. Once or twice a car sped past us, but we didn't attempt to follow. I was off in my own little world, shaking like a leaf.

"Father," Jeremy said with a little authority, "you gotta tell us where you're going."
"Home, I have to get home, I told the wife to stay with my son, stay away from the temple because there might be violence..."

The only thing that went through my mind at that point were two words: oh shit.
Control the things you can control, maggot. Let everything else take a flying fuck at you, and if you must go down, go down with your guns blazing.- Cort

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.
-General Mattis

kaijafon

Post by kaijafon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:33 pm

yes, DEFINITELY keep writing!!!!

And don't make us wait too long between chapters!!

I LIKE this story! and am hooked!

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Yeah, this is a good one! :D
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

ZMace
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by ZMace » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:37 pm

I had to go back and re-read it, good addition.
zXzGrifterzXz wrote: "An Armed Society is a polite society, unless they are talking on the Internet......then they are total bastards to each other."

Deschain

Post by Deschain » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:53 pm

More to come on Thursday! Glad to hear everyone is enjoying it.

-General Mattis

tenhigh

Post by tenhigh » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 pm

This is an awesome story, please keep up with the updates. Moar zombies don't like waiting... :lol: :lol:

And in Sunday's update, the second line down in the story, Rabbi got turned into Rabbit. "the Rabbit let us all eat for a few minutes."

Great story!
BobtheBreaker wrote:Posting while retardedly drunk is what we at ZS call SPP, Standard Posting Procedure.
bonanacrom wrote:I was saving that technique for after I win the lottery and have purchased my yak. I will saddle him and ride him drunk all across the property with spear and shield terrorizing the local squirrels and running trespassers off the land !

Deschain

Post by Deschain » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Thanks for catching that, Tenhigh! It's been corrected.

Des

-General Mattis

tenhigh

Post by tenhigh » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:55 pm

No problem whatsoever.

However, if you'd like me to proofread (read: let me see the story before the rest of these moar zombies...)

I'd be more than willing. :lol: :lol:
BobtheBreaker wrote:Posting while retardedly drunk is what we at ZS call SPP, Standard Posting Procedure.
bonanacrom wrote:I was saving that technique for after I win the lottery and have purchased my yak. I will saddle him and ride him drunk all across the property with spear and shield terrorizing the local squirrels and running trespassers off the land !

Deschain

Post by Deschain » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:45 am

We rolled up on this nice townhouse deeper in the city about ten minutes later. It wasn't a pretty sight. Blood on the windows, bloody shoeprints heading out the door. Front door wide open. The rabbi screamed, hopped out of the car and was inside before we could stop him. We all piled out, looking around nervously. We couldn't see anything just yet, and Jeremy ran after the rabbi. Bear, Sarah and I sat around, listening for moans. We didn't say anything, because we knew what he'd find in a best-case scenario. I shuffled my feet. I was tired. A howl erupted from inside the house, and we all jumped. Then heard steps from inside, slow ones. We looked at each other, and hoped our friends were alright.

Jeremy and the Rabbi walked out the front of the house, an armload of pretty meager supplies in their arms. It was mostly food- a few loaves of sliced bread, some fruits, a carton of OJ and a package of water bottles about half-gone. The rabbi didn't look so hot, got into the passenger seat. No one turned on the car, no one moved. After a moment, I spoke up.

"So...where to now?"

We all just sort of looked at each other. I didn't have any brilliant ideas, myself. The edges of the city seemed to be clogged with the undead. Still, no one said anything. The rabbi seemed a million miles away, so I gently grabbed his shoulder and shook him a little.

"Y'alright, Rabbi?"

"My congregation is dead or zombies. I have no clue where my wife and daughter are. I cannot believe that this is happening, that this isn't the end of the world."

"We don't know if this is happening anywhere else."

"You may not, but we were on the Internet until the power went out, and listened to radios with batteries."

"And?" Jeremy asked. "How far is this going?"

"Far. New York has the problem. Sacramento. Seattle. Tampa. Chicago," the Rabbi managed, and shrugged. "If it's as bad as here, then...I have a hard time believing it's not the end of the world."

"What's the plan, then?" I asked again. Bear settled a little in his seat.

"Find some place to hole up, then. Fortify. Wait until we can get help, or at least a better idea of what's on the go. Maybe Tango can give us a ride or something."

"Alright," Sarah said, looking at the window, "But I'm starting to get hungry."

I nodded. I was hungry, but more tired than anything.

"Maybe we should just stay here," Bear rumbled, rubbing his stubble. "Padre, you okay with that?"

He just nodded, and we piled back out of the car, bringing everything inside. The large scroll thing was placed on the kitchen table. I saw spatter on it, tried to ignore it. Couldn't. Jeremy had to shake me to get me out of my funk. The lack of sleep was killing me. Bear picked up a couch and started dragging it towards the front door. I just sort of watched until he said, "Hey dumbass, gonna help me with this?"

We barred the doors and windows as best we could in an hour, using plywood and 2x4's we found in the garage. The Rabbi cooked, Sarah slept, and we ruined his house. Bear, Jeremy and I used nails and hammers to board things up. We also moved some of the heavier furniture in front of the doors and the sliding glass to the backyard. We also nailed the fence to the backyard shut as best we could. It took two of the most exhausting hours of my life. At the end, the Rabbi had pasta cooked on a camping stove and waiting for us. Sarah woke up, ate with us. Bear laid things down for us.

"Alright, we've got something good going here. So, after dinner, I'm going to to contact our buddy. Get a sitrep. Whatever happens, tomorrow we need to get our hands on some guns. I'm going to see if I can find one or two gun stores locally. We set a watch, get some rest. Me and Jeremy are on first. The rest of you, get some sleep."

I slept pretty awful, rolling around on the couch and stuff. I had nightmares I didn't remember, and kept waking up sweating. The Rabbi woke me up after awhile, candle in hand. It was dark out, probably just fell. I checked my watch, and it read 10pm. I had slept for eight hours.

"Tom's gone to bed."

"Who?"

"Bear. He said to wake you up for watch."

I grumbled and rolled over. He shook me again, less gently.

"Wake up, Gabriel. We're on watch."

He handed me a cup of hot coffee. He looked a little distant, and had picked up a long sledgehammer from somewhere. He smiled half-heartedly and gestured for me to follow. I followed him up a set of stairs, into an upstairs den. An empty bag of chips sat atop a cheap computer desk, alongside a dead monitor and four empty soda cans. The walls were filled with shelves, brimming with books in multiple languages. There were small tea candles all over the floor, lighting the room poorly. The shades were mostly drawn. A pair of office chairs were scooched up close to the window. Everything cast shadows from the little candles. It felt weird, because I always associated candles with fine dining, and here I was in an office with the lights out, no woman, and a fireaxe.

He gestured at me to sit, and we propped up the weapons against the wall. I looked at the books, and he split the blinds enough to look outside. A lot of the titles were in Hebrew, or Latin. I didn't recognize any of the English titles, and couldn't read any of the rest. I looked at the pictures on the wall, at the carpet, at the computer, never out the window. There was plenty out there I didn't want to see. I remembered that little arm, shuddered.

-General Mattis

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:26 pm

This is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Keep up the good work!
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:24 pm

Good story!
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

airexurb

Post by airexurb » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:28 pm

awesome story!
ista_hota wrote:"Hey Jim can I borrow your trailer?"
"No I need it tomorrow."
"Well, I'm afraid I'm going to have to eat your penis then."

Keith B
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Resident Evil 3
Did not like 28 days later

Post by Keith B » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:29 pm

Rabbi's can cook?
The asshole formerly known as Sigboy40

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

SimonZayne

Post by SimonZayne » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:34 pm

This is great man.
Just great.

Bun-G
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night Of the Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead (OG), Day Of The Dead, Diary Of The Dead, & Zombie Strippers

Post by Bun-G » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:42 am

great story so far

Need moooar

Deschain

Post by Deschain » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:15 pm

"Something wrong?"

"Aside from the obvious, Rabbi?"

"Aside from the obvious, my son."

"We got no guns, a shitty plan, and only a few supplies. I've seen a whole lot of things that I won't ever forget. Can't forget. We're trapped in this city with a million zombies who want nothing more than to eat us alive. Anything right about that, Rabbi?"

I tried to keep my voice low, but I couldn't make the bitterness go away.

"Well Gabriel, we've all lost a lot. Right now, we're alive. We have food and shelter and some weapons. There's only three or four of them out there, wandering around, and we managed to get some sleep and a little food for ourselves."

I looked, and sure enough, there they were. They shambled almost drunkly around. They were all covered in blood. There was a young woman in a skirt suit, a man in coveralls, a kid in pajamas, and some guy with a school jacket and jeans. They wobbled in random directions. I looked at the area around the house. Quite a few of the doors were open. I watched another zombie come around from a person's backyard, another high-school aged kid in all black.

"My son..." the rabbi began. My eyebrow shot up, and I looked over at him.

"My son, these...things...do we know if they are truly dead? If the people inside are dead?"

"Rabbi, does it matter? They just want to eat us."

"But why?"

"I'm a janitor, not a doctor."

There was an awkward silence. I'm not that much fun to be around in the morning. He offered me a can of Coke.

"Thanks."

He nodded, pacing and rubbing the stubble. There was more quiet as I popped my Coke, watched the zombies shamble around aimlessly outside. Knowing they were there made me feel safer, but also made me wonder how many more there were. Unsettling.

"So, Gabriel, do you have a girlfriend?"

"Nawp."

"Hmmm. Why's that?"

I shrugged.

"Blame it on bad luck. Or me being too busy. There was this cute nurse, though. We used to flirt. Her name was Grace, right? Short Puerto Rican girl. Had a boyfriend, all that."

He nodded, settling into his El Cheapo K-mart office chair. It squeaked a little as he settled his weight. I mean, the Rabbi, he was in alright shape, not fat by any means, but that chair squeaked like hell. I checked outside in a panicked moment. The zombies didn't seem to hear us, but I didn't dare raise my voice above a thin whisper.

"Her boyfriend never treated her too good, never knew why. She lost her left fingers -well, two of them, middle n' ring- somehow, had some pretty mean scars from it. Didn't matter to me. Nice girl, all the right curves, smart as hell. We were friends since I started working at the hospital. This one time, after a long shift, I walked her out to her car, and she asks me to go have a drink with her. I turned her down because I was getting six hours of sleep after my shift before going and working for my uncle. I could have gone with her, I wish I had. Even through the tiredness, I would have been alright. It would have meant a chance."

"Was she on-shift at the hospital the night..."

"No. Maybe we'll find her, one way or another. I hope she got out alright."

He nodded, kept watching.

"I didn't know any of them."

"Huh?"

"The people out there," the Rabbi said, gesturing with his chin to the window.

"They were my neighbors for years, and I don't know a single one of them. I had seen them, sure, waved, shaken a few hands across the time, but..."

Something rattled, and we both froze. Something rattled again, but we didn't hear a moan. We looked at each other, reached and groped for our weapons. The noise had come from the ground floor. My heart was going a mile a minute, and I put a finger up to my lips. We crept down the stairs, eyes wide in the gloom. I didn't hear Bear or Jeremy or Sarah- I knew at least two of them were upstairs, but where was the third? Was Bear just going for a snack?

I heard glass shatter. Still no moaning.

"Bear?" I whispered hoarsely, eyes straining. No one was on the couch, and when I looked behind me, the Rabbi was gone. Goddamn. I spun around, frantically looking for him in the dark when I heard the whispers.

"Toldja there'd be no one here. Now, let's grab what we can carry."

"I don't know, man."

"Don't be such a pussy. The Jew's gone, what's there to be afraid of?"

And then they noticed me, and things went absolutely sideways.

-General Mattis

ZMace
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by ZMace » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:43 pm

Nice addition.
zXzGrifterzXz wrote: "An Armed Society is a polite society, unless they are talking on the Internet......then they are total bastards to each other."

Trident
Favorite Zombie Movies: Have not yet decided.

Post by Trident » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 pm

More please, thank you for writing your story.
Very enlightening. Tri

Samurai Penguin

Post by Samurai Penguin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:33 pm

Officially addicted. MOAR!! :mrgreen:
"Some folks just need to tuck their e-penis back in before it gets cold and we all laugh." --Brash
"Here's something every ZS'er can agree upon; no matter the situation, the individual who KEEPS THEIR WITS during a panic always comes out ahead." --prebans

Deschain

Post by Deschain » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:18 am

Before I knew quite what was happening, I was pinned up against the wall with something jammed under my chin. My axe was somewhere other than my hands in a heartbeat.

"Who the hell are you?"

I don't remember what I said...it was all a rush of pleading until he clocked me with his pistol and I fell to the ground. Snapped me back to reality. He gave me a boot to the sie.

"Where the fuck is the Jew, and where's the gold?" he asked, pointing the tiny plastic automatic at me. I just lay there, quivering. The guy's partner walked towards the window, probably to check for zombies. A shadow moved slowly, and a pale, large arm reached out of the darkness. Another followed it, a large knife in the hand. In a flash, Bear was holding the guy, hand around his mouth and knife up to the hilt in the back of the guy's neck. Bear's footsteps were pretty loud, and the skinhead with the gun whipped around. The sledgehammer ripped out of the darkness and took him in the chest with an audible cracking noise. He fell gasping.

Jeremy thundered into the room, crowbar held high. He looked down, at Bear, at the Rabbi who stepped off the stairs. He was shaking. I was shaking. Bear wasn't wearing anything aside from a pair of pants and a fresh coat of blood. He wiped his knife off, rolled the body over with a rather large foot.

"Dead."

Jeremy nodded, and so did the Rabbi. I reached out, and he handed me his hammer before he dropped it. The man on the floor let out another wheezing gasp.

"Crap," I whispered, "What do we do about him?"

"Fuck'im," Bear said with a dismissive wave of his hand. He knelt down, and began to wipe his knife off on the corpse.

"But...can we save him?" the Rabbi asked quietly.

"What's going on?" asked a bleary Sarah, rubbing at one eye with a fist. Her other held her cleaver. Bear turned to her, and looked at her. He didn't seem to know quite what to do with her.

"Go back to sleep, Sarah. Get on outta here."

"Awright."

Bear glared at the Rabbi.

"I don't give a fuck whether or not we can save him, he tried to come in here and kill us. They came in here armed and looking for shit, and were willing to take it by force if they had to."

I felt something on my foot, jumped back. His hands were claws now, the face blue. He was young, very young. I hadn't noticed.

"It doesn't matter! We should save him," the Rabbi said quietly. There was a pause, and the only thing filling the silence was the moans from outside.

"Fuck this. Fuck y'all for that matter. I'm going to clear the rest of the house."

Before Bear had turned around, the struggle had stopped. The boy was dead. Jeremy, the Rabbi and I just sort of stared. What else could we do. Bear knelt, picked up the pistol from where it landed after the Rabbi hit him with the hammer.

"This young man died due to one mistake," the Rabbi whispered.

"So?" Jeremy abruptly barked. "Bear was right. Put your big boy pants on, Rabbi, because this is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better."

Jeremy stalked after Bear, but not before punching a hole in a perfectly good wall in frustration. I could see his shoulders shaking as he left. It was just the two of us and the bodies. I turned to the Rabbi.

"Not much you could have done...but thanks for saving my life, for what it's worth."

He nodded wearily.

"So, what're we going to do with them now?

I didn't know if they would ride again if they died without zombie contact, but I did know that dead bodies in the house provided nothing but a health risk. I figured even if they ate the bodies, it was better than having two of them in the house with us, dead or undead.

"Grab the ankles, wouldja?"

So, we brought both bodies upstairs, opened the window and...well, yeah. Threw them out. Within a couple of minutes, sure enough, they shambled over. I'd really rather not describe what happened then...but it's pretty much what you'd expect. Rabbi Schorr just leaned into his hands, lost in thought. I heard steps behind me, and I whirled around. Bear was there, hands up.

"Hey, troop. I'm just here to relieve the Padre."

I was shaking and sweaty and angry at myself. I sat back down, grumbling to myself as Bear eased himself into the chair. It groaned under his weight as he shifted around, making himself comfortable.

"Everything's secure. I boarded up the window they came in through, and me and Jeremy cleared the house. But now I have a problem. Either of you know how to use a gun?"

I shook my head. The Rabbi nodded wearily.

"Alright, Rabbi. I'll teach him the basics while you get some shut-eye. Go on now, git."

Bear turned to me, eying me up as the Rabbi sauntered off.

"Never shot before?"

"Nope."

He pulled out the little plastic automatic he had 'recovered' from one of the bad guys, and showed me the basics as the feast continued below. I tried to block out the sounds they made, and concentrating on clearing and loading the gun helped. After an hour, Bear decided on a break, took a look down.

"You throw them both out there?"

"Yeah."

"Hungry fuckers. You can barely tell. Good thinking, though."

"Thanks."

"How old are you again?"

"Twenty one."

"Je-sus! I was jumping out of airplanes when I was that young."

I raised an eyebrow. He leaned back in his chair, arms folded across his large chest. He was wearing more or less the same clothes as before- jeans, green shirt. Without his jacket, though, I could see the revolver holstered on his hip. For some reason, it unsettled me. His salt and pepper subtle was getting long at that point.

"So, before this, what did you do?"

"I was a Marine for ten years, before my knees caught up with me. Bad jump. After that...well, not much. Ended up doing human resources for the last seven."

I rubbed at my bruises absentmindedly. He looked disdainfully at me.

"They broke?"

"Huh?"

"Your ribs...they broke?"

"I don't think so, but that jackass pounded me one good."

"Yeah, your left eye is swelling up pretty good. At least he didn't break nothin'."

My head was pounding. I don't know, maybe I was just rattled, maybe I had a concussion. It was hard to concentrate. I shook my head a little, trying to clear the cobwebs.

"So, what's the plan for tomorrow?"

He rolled a wrist, looked at his watch.

"You mean 'what's the plan for two hours from now?'. Well, I found four gun shops in the city, two are half way across town. There's two left within a half hour's drive. We gotta pay them a visit. Beg, barter, whatever. Get ourselves a way to defend ourselves proper. I know one of the guys who runs one, we should be able to swing some firepower to get the hell out of here."
Last edited by Deschain on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

-General Mattis

skarface
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later.

Post by skarface » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:53 am

Nice. Great story! I especially liked the imagery of the scene with the kids and the jungle gym. That would make for a great zombie movie- tough, but good.

One little question- is Bear USMC or a Ranger? I don't think he can be both.
TheLastRifleMan wrote:Thank you and thank you, blessed work van! Nothing but premium fuel for you, damn what the boss says! And a wash once a week!
Mysty wrote:I do pity sissy as she has been out there a long time with that gaping hole in her leg, but until 'chocolate' tastes good again, I think Sissy's gonna be waiting a bit lol.

Deschain

Post by Deschain » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:15 am

He may have re-enlisted. Changed trades. Good catch, though.

Deschain

-General Mattis

Return to “Fiction”