An Unwelcome Development

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: An Unwelcome Development

Post by teotwaki » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:21 am

Zengunfighter?

(Echo) - Zengunfighter?

(Echo) - - Zengunfighter?

(Echo) - - - Zengunfighter?

(Echo) - - - - Zengunfighter?
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:13 pm

Wait wait wait wait.....
You mean to tell me after reading Unwelcome Sign and this story for weeks, and finally catching up, we're still at a cliff hanger?! :cry:

Zen, you are a fantastic writer. I may not like everything Zed does, but this one story where I keep wondering where it's all gonna lead even after the story ends.

Moar? :ohdear:

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:58 am

HEAR HEAR! Moar! My 2 favorite stories went months without updates! Time to get on it buddy! I will fly to the USVI, kidnap you, crush your ankles with a sledgehammer, and force you to write MOAR.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

aikorob

Post by aikorob » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:59 pm

Halfapint wrote:HEAR HEAR! Moar! My 2 favorite stories went months without updates! Time to get on it buddy! I will fly to the USVI, kidnap you, crush your ankles with a sledgehammer, and force you to write MOAR.
and I'll help him!!
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:25 pm

I'll just say please come back Z...
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:40 pm

91Eunozs wrote:I'll just say please come back Z...
Come on 91eunozs the threat of bodily harm is all we have! We all have to be behind operation "misery" to get it to work!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:33 pm

When I was trying to figure out if our beloved author was still alive I ran across some hints that he may be writing a book of some sort....

aikorob

Post by aikorob » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:33 am

teotwaki wrote:When I was trying to figure out if our beloved author was still alive I ran across some hints that he may be writing a book of some sort....
that is what he's supposed to be doing for US!!
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:19 pm

teotwaki wrote:When I was trying to figure out if our beloved author was still alive I ran across some hints that he may be writing a book of some sort....

Man, I hope that's why he went incommunicado... Maybe book/movie rights, etc.

This, and especially the preceeding work, is among the best fiction I've ever read...seriously.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun May 29, 2016 12:20 am

Monthly bump ... Hope springs eternal.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:49 am

Gonna be offline for a week or so...early monthly bump.

Would really like to see this one come back...and finished / published!

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:06 pm

I sent him an email and will report back if he answers me directly

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi Jim in California!

I left you guys in a tough place!
Middle of an ambush,
Did Stan get shot?
What's Shaffley and Fiona up to back at home? :)

I've put book two on hold and have been totally focused on getting book 1 published.
I've totally re-written the beginning, which was rough, bring the very first
fiction I'd written. Same scenario, just rewritten with all the experience gained
from a book and a half. I've also cleaned up the glaring errors that my editor found on her first run through.

Now I'm going through, front to back and cleaning up the small stuff. The continuity issues
(two Quinn boys playing catch in the yard, and then Jacob being an only child, minor stuff like that. :) )

Of course, grammar issues but also dialogue that wasn't clear, concise, or could
benefit from being cleaned up. We are working hard so that there are no weak sections in the book.

I've also purchase "The Novel and Short Story Writer's Market 2016" and am learning how to get it published.
Obviously an eBook, like Kindle/Amazon is simple. But I want a hard copy so I can autograph it.
I want to see it next to Clancy and Cussler when I go through an airport. :D

That's going to take some work.

Also, I've made enough changes, and improvements, that even if, (or maybe especially if)
you've already read the beta version of the book as it was being written, you will really enjoy the final product.

This last stage of editing is the slowest. We are averaging 10-20 pages/day. which doesn't sound bad, until you realize
the book is 750 pages. I'm going as fast as my life will allow me to go. I am anxious to get back to book two
and see if Stan is OK!

Thanks for checking in. Feel free to share this with the Unwelcome Crew.

Rifles!

Peter

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:17 pm

Thanks!

And congrats to Zed for taking the leap of faith...I'm in for a signed hard copy!

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:39 pm

91Eunozs wrote:Thanks!

And congrats to Zed for taking the leap of faith...I'm in for a signed hard copy!
I second that! And I want my name in the "Thanks" section!! :lol: :lol:

D_Man

Post by D_Man » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:02 am

Looking forward to an update soon... :)
To strive,
To seek,
To find, But not to yield.
~Tennyson

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:19 am

teotwaki wrote:Hi Jim in California!

I left you guys in a tough place!
Middle of an ambush,
Did Stan get shot?
What's Shaffley and Fiona up to back at home? :)

I've put book two on hold and have been totally focused on getting book 1 published.
I've totally re-written the beginning, which was rough, bring the very first
fiction I'd written. Same scenario, just rewritten with all the experience gained
from a book and a half. I've also cleaned up the glaring errors that my editor found on her first run through.

Now I'm going through, front to back and cleaning up the small stuff. The continuity issues
(two Quinn boys playing catch in the yard, and then Jacob being an only child, minor stuff like that. :) )

Of course, grammar issues but also dialogue that wasn't clear, concise, or could
benefit from being cleaned up. We are working hard so that there are no weak sections in the book.

I've also purchase "The Novel and Short Story Writer's Market 2016" and am learning how to get it published.
Obviously an eBook, like Kindle/Amazon is simple. But I want a hard copy so I can autograph it.
I want to see it next to Clancy and Cussler when I go through an airport. :D

That's going to take some work.

Also, I've made enough changes, and improvements, that even if, (or maybe especially if)
you've already read the beta version of the book as it was being written, you will really enjoy the final product.

This last stage of editing is the slowest. We are averaging 10-20 pages/day. which doesn't sound bad, until you realize
the book is 750 pages. I'm going as fast as my life will allow me to go. I am anxious to get back to book two
and see if Stan is OK!

Thanks for checking in. Feel free to share this with the Unwelcome Crew.

Rifles!

Peter
That. Is. Awesome. :ooh:

BUT I WANT MOAR HERE! NAOW! :crazy:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

D_Man

Post by D_Man » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:56 am

MOAR!
To strive,
To seek,
To find, But not to yield.
~Tennyson

zengunfighter

Post by zengunfighter » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:24 pm

Hi guys! Remember me?

I feel awful that I haven't written anything new for you guys in so long.

However, as much as I'd like to find out what happened to Stan, I've decided I need to focus on getting the first book published.

This would go quicker if I didn't have to work 8 hours a day to hold up my half of the bargain called a marriage..

I' ve been working on it every evening. Back in August I was getting burned out and stopped work for close to two months. in the middle I took the wife on a much needed three week vacation, including a week at Burning Man.

We got back second d week of September and wife got on me to get back to work on the book.
One hour a day is dedicated to editing. This evening I finished on page 478. I'm doing 10-30 pages a day. At the slowest rate I should be done in six weeks.

At that point I don't see any reason that I can't go back to working on book two.
I need to get back soon! I can only imagine the trouble that Shaffley and Fiona are brewing.

Hang in there guys! I know this has been the mother of all cliffhangers, but I should have some new installments by Christmas.
Disciplina Remunenor Fidelis!

http://www.youtube.com/vigunfighter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:02 pm

Thanks and welcome back!

Appreciate the updates... can't wait to buy a copy!

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:49 am

maybe we'll knit you a sweater while we moan and wait and wait....

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:47 am

Bump...

Any updates Zed?

944storm

Post by 944storm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:15 am

Any updates?... Can I buy the book yet?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

curt48mauser

Post by curt48mauser » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:12 am

Updates please!
Please tell us when the book(s) come out-I definitely want one.

Thanks
Curt

Return to “Fiction”