It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sudden Death
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:50 pm 

New house & first child due next month. I have been booked solid in getting things done for the new arrival. This story is bouncing around in my head still. Sorry for the time off.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:45 pm 

Well congrats on the house, and I'm sorry about the child ;) hahaha long sleepless nights do work well for writing, as long as you don't mind a little burp up on your keyboard! Hahaha

In all seriousness congratulations on both accounts. Big milestones in ones life for sure!

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:45 pm 

Has the little one arrived yet? How far along is Sofia in the story?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:20 am 

Yah he is a little over 2 weeks now. Born 5/19/14 at 5lbs 15 oz, 18in long. He is now 6.8 lbs and 19 in long, but he is healthy and so is mom. Not getting much regular sleep though. When I get a college break in two weeks I am hoping to write another section of this story.

Sofia isnt far along at all and after being gunned down who knows if she still is....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:08 pm 

Family comes first. Good to hear the tyke & mom are doing ok. Enjoy the small person years, too soon what you hear is "can I have the car keys"….

Don't forget to start the college fund. We did a mix of 529 plan & IRA contributions.

Update the wills, account beneficiaries, etc.

And make sure you have enough (term) life insurance on each of you to cover the extra expenses if either of you suddenly becomes a single parent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:54 pm 

Azraelsjudgement wrote:
Yah he is a little over 2 weeks now. Born 5/19/14 at 5lbs 15 oz, 18in long. He is now 6.8 lbs and 19 in long, but he is healthy and so is mom. Not getting much regular sleep though. When I get a college break in two weeks I am hoping to write another section of this story.

Sofia isnt far along at all and after being gunned down who knows if she still is....

Congrats on the kiddo! Glad to hear both momma and baby are doing well....

Maybe the LOOOOOONG sleepless nights will allow you to write more ;)

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:48 am 

fred.greek wrote:
Family comes first. Good to hear the tyke & mom are doing ok. Enjoy the small person years, too soon what you hear is "can I have the car keys"….

Don't forget to start the college fund. We did a mix of 529 plan & IRA contributions.

Update the wills, account beneficiaries, etc.

And make sure you have enough (term) life insurance on each of you to cover the extra expenses if either of you suddenly becomes a single parent.

All very solid advice. You don't want to think about it but the guy who lived next door to me was just about my twin, same age, same # kids, married same # years, etc. It was so close it was freaky...
Then he was killed in a car wreck coming home one afternoon. I still remember his 2 yr old daughter screaming for daddy in the middle of the street out in front of his house while the cops were trying to explain what happened to his wife on the porch while she cried hysterically.
After that I got my shit together. Insurance, will, everything.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:45 pm 

Similarly, our neighbor died on his motorcycle, when an ambulance turned around in front of him and his bike slammed into the side of the ambulance…. Accidential Death and Dismemberment insurance would have been a significant immediate benefit to his family…

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:17 am 

Yup all very good advice and working on getting it all taken care of. I will be worth a lot by the time I am done.

As for Sudden Death I have begun working on the next installment and its going to jump right back into the action and hell of the ZPAC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:29 pm 

Azraelsjudgement wrote:
I will be worth a lot by the time I am done.

LOL My wife always asks me "EXACTLY how much are you worth dead right now?" when she gets mad at me :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:15 pm 

Not my best work and shorter than usual, but wanted to get this edited part up to let people know I am still alive and working on this story as I can

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the convoy chugged along Sal could finally see the part of the mountain they would be driving up to finally rest and get off the road. All the blood, sweat, and tears were for not as they ride out these final miles to a safe haven. Civilization may be a broken down shell, but the mountain was beautiful, seemingly an oasis of the apocalypse. Lush green forests rose from the ground like unmoving waves making a sea of green leading high into the air. It seemed so majestic and unreal after all the death and destruction Sal had experienced. He was tired, rest was so close. Then fate intervened for the worse.

Before Sal could warn anyone men in military fatigues appeared in the road way with heavy weaponry. It only took a few seconds for the hummers to appear from the dense forest blocking the road then men with rifles surrounded the convoy. Next thing Sal knew they were all being dragged from their vehicles then forcefully pinned to the ground. The soldiers were barking at them to stay down and not to speak. Sal felt disillusioned. He heard Joker protest then the sound of a skull meeting the butt of a rifle. Then a soldier yelled “Sir they have children and wounded!”

A woman approached near Sal’s head “Bring me the children and leave the wounded. Who’s in charge here?”

Before Alex could say anything Sal snapped out of his funk to speak up “I am.”

“Get up.”

Sal stood to look at a masculine woman who could probably beat Charles in an arm wrestling match. She had a buzz cut and cold brown eyes. Her lips were thin and dry, but her voice said she was very much a woman and her uniform showed the rank of Captain “I’m Sa-“

“Shut it. Only answer my questions.”

“Where are you going?” she ordered.

Sal was going to play the part of wandering survivor until he figured out what this was about “Just wanderers trying to find a safe haven.”

“In the mountains?”

“Eh possibly, if we could find a water and food source.”

“Do you know of a man named Mort?”

“No.”

“Liar.”

Two soldiers who were barely eighteen brought the kids over. The woman held a gun to Jordan’s head “Now do you know Mort?”

Sal knew these were not Mort’s people. There is no way he would have such a psycho in charge of a platoon of soldiers. Then he heard a scuffle, looking back he saw Alex had taken down two young soldiers that must not have been paying attention. She held one of their rifles pointing it at the Captain who didn’t look worried.

“And you are?”

“Officer Alexandra Dayne, get your gun away from my son’s head.”

“Well OFFICER” she said mockingly “I am Captain Miranda Covington. You may kill me, but you have more rifles then I can count aimed at you and they will kill everyone here if you fire that weapon. I suggest you all be honest with me because either way you are coming with us as refugees or in body bags to be studied. Your choice.”

Alex felt defeated looking to Sal for guidance. He motioned his hand downward to tell her to surrender. Alex dropped the rifle. The two men she took down pushed her next to Sal. Before anyone else could speak Miranda slugged her in the face. Alex dropped on her ass in shock with a bloodied nose “Don’t ever point a weapon at me or my men ever again…otherwise I’ll personally feed your son to the diseased that wander the earth.”

Alex got back up wiping her nose free of blood while giving Miranda a look of pure hatred. Miranda smiled confidently “Now before your little stunt I was asking your leader here how you know Mort. I will kill all the children now if you don’t comply.”

Sal could tell she wasn’t bluffing in the slightest “He’s an old friend from the military. He offered us shelter is all. What’s this about?”

“He is a domestic terrorist that has taken men of the New America military hostage. Is he still your friend now?”

Sal had to choose his words carefully “Well I don’t know anything about any of this, but we don’t want any trouble.”

“I thought as much. Alright you are now under my command. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate wounded so they will be put down humanely then the rest of you will be split up and trained to join our ranks.”

Alex turned white “No, I mean can’t we just drive the wounded in the RV?”

“Sorry we don’t have time to babysit unarmored vehicles, plus there’s only so much room to fly you all to Maryland.”

Sal had no plan. They were outnumbered, outgunned, out skilled, and only two of them were on their feet at the moment. It seems their luck has run out. Things had just changed so rapidly for the first time Sal felt helpless and weak. The he heard a helicopter in the distance coming closer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tibs could hear everything going on outside. There was one guard in the main room of the RV from what he could tell from footsteps pacing around. When the men had checked the RV Tibs pretended to be unconscious like Glen. He had heard Paige order the men out of her medical ward only to be gagged and dragged out leaving Sofia in unknown condition. Now that he heard the injured would be executed he wasn’t about to lie down to be shot like a wounded dog. He slipped out a glock equipped with a silencer he hid just in case. As the soldier came into to check on him and Glen a bullet pierced his forehead killing the poor kid instantly. Tibs did feel bad, but orders or not every man is responsible for their actions.

Reminding himself of that caused a tear to slide down his cheek and it was time to make amends to the Almighty for already betraying these people. He just hoped what had become his kids were given a merciful death, but either way they were headed to heaven where Tibs hoped to greet them with his actions today. He slowly stepped over the dead soldier and his lifeless eyes entering the main room. He saw Sofia still lying on a table mostly patched up, but still needed immediate attention. The baby was still sleeping through all of the chaos. Tibs kissed her forehead. There were no other guards in the RV so he quickly stripped the soldier down then put on the uniform and weaponry. The clothes were too big, but hopefully it would fool others enough to give them pause so Tibs could strike, fiercely.

He heard people approaching they opened the door without really looking in “Execute the wounded…and the baby” then they shut the door. Tibs shook his head at their arrogance. He fired four shots into the floor to simulate three executions. He heard Alex screaming hysterically then yelling at the soldiers calling them every name in the book. He checked his gear and made sure to be maxed out on ammo. Making the sign of the cross he opened the door as a helicopter neared.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris loved the sound of helicopter blades slicing through the air. It gave him an adrenaline rush even though he wasn’t an official pilot per say, certainly he wasnt flying now. The loud noise, open air, and flying like humans just weren’t meant to be was empowering to him. Unfortunately he couldn’t enjoy it too much right now because he could tell a convoy of people was being captured by the New America Army as the Huey drew closer to the scene. The chances of it being Alex were pretty high by his estimates. It was the next route he was going to check for her to take into the mountains. It was time to come to her rescue, which he would gladly rub in her face. Since it was his cousin in the line of fire he was personally going to man the .50 caliber machine gun to rain hell on the enemy. They also had 14 rockets to really cause massive damage if need be. He hoped they were not armed for anti-air activities being most of the danger to them is on the ground.

Once the battle began something told him Alex and her group of friends would take advantage once they got an opening thanks to his distraction. It was nagging at the back of his mind he was killing fellow soldiers, but no one messes with his family or their friends. It still boggled his mind during an apocalyptic event some nut job was trying to become the next Julius Caesar or something along those lines anyways. The ratio of living to dead was unknown, but it had to be a massive gap by what he’s experienced so far.

Chris saw a whole military base become over run in minutes, not hours or days, but minutes by the amount of undead that were created just inside of the base. No one had time to prepare or scramble. One minute everything was normal and the next people were collapsing then eating others. Luckily he was stationed in the United States so after acquiring a helicopter he and six soldiers escaped by the skin of their teeth. A second helicopter was about to take off with them, but was overrun at the last second. They lifted off with the dead having just got inside then crashed seconds later. If Chris hadn’t been in war already he would have probably gone into shock at that point. How anyone that hasn’t experienced a catastrophic event survive in this environment he could not fathom because without his Dad already being prepared for something big he may already be dead.

“Almost in range Chris. Wake up” his buddy nicknamed Bald Eagle squawked over the radio.

Chris double checked everything then prepared for battle…
Alex couldn’t believe they would just execute people in cold blood. When she heard a scream it took her a few seconds to realize it came from her. Miranda looked pleased with herself. The woman was a sociopath with poorly trained soldiers to back her up. They didn’t carry themselves right or even keep aware of their surroundings. Eventually Alex registered the sound of a helicopter then realized Miranda’s face went from amused to confused. Everyone was now looking up as a Huey started to come onto the scene, then things turn chaotic in an instant.

As the Huey came onto the scene rockets flew through the air exploding the Humvees blocking the road. The noise was deafening as everyone started to hit the deck as more rockets fired into the nearby wooded area where snipers were ejected from trees as a bloody mess. Then right after the machine gun started to spray groups of soldiers around the convoy. Alex looked up to see a soldier leaving one of the RVs then start shooting his own people, it took her a few seconds to realize that is one small, older looking soldier and was actually Tibs.

Alex quickly took stock of her surroundings. Two young soldiers dropped their rifles cowering in fear. Alex got up keeping low grabbing both rifles she threw one to Sal who was up now and had the two kids behind him as Miranda was in full retreat forgetting about the convoy quickly. Alex started firing at soldiers who were focused on the Huey and Tibs. The machine gun was deafening forcing Alex to point out orders.

She saw Joker with dried blood down his face and Lena on their knees taking out the back legs of two soldiers firing at the Huey. They dropped em then smashed
their faces in taking the weapons. Mel, Zack, Paige, and Sarah were ordered back into the RV where Tibs had gotten out of. Tibs was now down on one knee covered in his own blood, but still had two hand guns firing away. He clearly couldn’t see well anymore, but was causing quite a distraction.

Sal tossed the two kids under the truck then started firing at anyone who seemed the biggest threat to the Huey. A couple guys took out rocket launchers, but didn’t even get to fire them. Some of the Humvees still were active firing their machine guns into the air; Sal did his best to snipe them until the helicopter took more out with rockets. The explosions were so close Sal could feel the heat on his face and the smell of burnt hair. Charles didn’t even bother picking up a gun instead breaking the necks of a few soldiers taking their combat knives. He was a man possessed by what no one knew or wanted to know. Knife in each hand Charles was cutting through the crowd of the disorganized and lost soldiers who were clearly closer to stooges then fighting men. Charles was covered head to toe in blood with a slight smile of enjoyment that sent chills down Alex’s spine.

Tibs was eventually down for good, but Lena and Joker had already cleared out that area and was now shooting into the woods as those that retreated were still taking pot shots. Alex was tempted to charge into the area Miranda ran to, but thought better of it. They would meet again, that she would make sure of. Then as fast as things started it was all over. The Huey kept unloading in the surrounding areas of the convoy as Alex assessed the situation. She ran to Tibs who was dead and no longer recognizable. She barely knew the man, but would remember his stand here for as long as she breathed. The ground was littered with spent shells, blood, and bodies. With all the noise it wasn’t long before the first Zeds wandered onto the scene quickly dispatched by Charles.

Once the gunfire ceased Sal pulled out the two kids who were white as ghosts trembling. Alex ran to them and hugged them. They were in such shock they were unable to even cry. Alex scooped them up and brought them to the medical RV. Paige and Sarah were working on Sofia. Zack was still propped on the floor favoring his shoulder and Mel was trying to calm the baby down.

“How’s Sofia?” Alex asked concerned.

“Those fuckers may cost her yet. Get the damn Huey down, we need better facilities.”

Alex ran back out waving at the Huey to come down. It descended.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:19 pm 

YAAAAAAHOOOOO1!!! MOAR!!!! Thanks AJ! Great little addition hope all is well on the home front. I'm sure the sleepless nights are still going strong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:59 pm 

Yeaaaa, very good. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:21 pm 

I agree! Worth the wait!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:10 pm 

That was one great hit of MOAR-phine! Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:22 pm 

I'm so happy! :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:16 pm 

I hope Dillon and Starr can rejoin the group soon. They're so close to their destination!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:20 pm 

Please, sir, may we have some MOAR?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:03 am 

In process I promise! Crazy summer of constant activities and the first family vacation with the little one, plus I go to college year round. Fall things should settle down more, but next part is underway!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:58 am 

Thanks for letting us know! Good luck with all that!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:06 pm 

HELP HELP I have caught up! Great story thank you for putting in all you have!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:36 pm 

Sorry this would have been up sooner, but I did a re-write after changing my mind on the direction I was going. I planned on a longer intro, but the dinner with Alex and her uncle is going to be in-depth so want to get the details right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex ran to her cousin Chris giving him a huge hug “Hey there soldier. I owe you one.”

They released their hug and he smirked “Damn right you do.”

Alex longed to catch up with her family, but business first “Would love to chat cuz, but I have wounded including a surgery that needs to happen ASAP.”

“Alright load em up; we have a surgical team on standby. We can talk later.”

Alex nodded then organized all the wounded onto the helicopter then watched them take off with Paige aboard to explain each case and Sarah to be with Sofia. The rest of the team all hopped into the medical RV and sped off to their mountain refuge eager for safety. Despite their anxiety about having safety snatched from then they had no more encounters with enemy soldiers, mutants, or even single Zed. The mountains seemed to be a haven though Alex wasn’t sure she would ever feel safe again. With the dead attacking people anything evil was possible in her mind. On the way up her Uncle’s mountain road Alex felt herself being watched, but saw no one. There had to be lookouts all up the mountain, but all remained perfectly concealed. She was impressed and giddy about receiving training from the pros.

As they pulled up to a large iron gate that had to be two stories high and six inches thick it opened before they could even stop. Above the gate on the cliffs stood snipers smoking cigarettes and people with rocket launchers at the ready. Alex’s uncle was serious about defense. As they drove into the compound there was open space all around the edges with untamed wilds in the middle. The road led to the middle of the forest and a soldier waved them through. As the RV bounced everyone around on the uneven dirt road they arrived in a clearing of three cabins and a tree house where children were running around playing. It was quite the site that made Alex’s jaw drop stunned seeing children horsing around and having fun with no worries of Zeds. It brought a tear to Alex’s eye she slowly wiped away. This place was more than she could have hoped for. After being so isolated and in constant danger they were surrounded by well-armed allies in an area even a mutant would not be able to sneak up on them. With only two ways up there were lookouts everywhere to keep an eye on things. It was amazing to everyone in the RV. Then Alex realized that there was no way all these people could live in a few cabins; something else had to be up. Everyone also looked well fed, but there didn’t seem too many suitable areas to grow food either. She had many questions.

As everyone exited they looked around in amazement. The two kids high tailed it to the tree house with Sal right on their heels out of habit. There were soldiers to greet everyone and Chris sauntered over to give Alex an update on Sofia. He revealed that unfortunately the baby didn’t make it, but they have high hopes she will. They had a whole surgical team on hand and showing Paige a few things as they went. Sarah meanwhile was a wreck sitting against the wall of one of the cabins which seems to be a medical bay. She seemed to be staring blankly at nothing while a nurse or doctor was calmly talking to her. Alex didn’t want to interfere, but was heartbroken looking at the scene.

Alex decided to take a stroll with her cousin Chris smelling the fresh mountain air. It was invigorating as the smell of death was no longer overpowering her nostrils “So where should we start?”

Chris gave a subdued smirk “Well I’d rather not get into too much. My Dad will fill you in at dinner. Right now he’s working the radio trying to track down who he thinks the source of infection is.”

Alex paused “You mean so we can end this…whatever this is?”

Chris sighed “I guess, but I have feeling this is just the beginning…”

“Whys that?”

“Well there’s a General that seems hell bent on conquering North America and maybe beyond. The world is still filled with the diseased and dead. Not to mention civilization has collapsed. A lot to overcome.”

Alex felt some wind knocked out of her “True…..we have to though. We’re the human race. Adaptable and fierce with our backs against a wall. “

Chris smiled “You’re right. Plus we have my crazy dad in the lead.”

Alex laughed “Crazy doesn’t cut it.”

“No I guess it doesn’t. So tell me about your adventure here Cuz”

Alex sighed “More like a nightmare.”

After telling the abbreviated story Chris looked disturbed “Christ. I guess if anyone could handle that shit I’d be you. Always the toughest one of us all.”

“Ah I’m not that tough. You’re all just a bit wimpy” she teased.

Chris put her in a headlock and they horsed around like they were kids again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mort was working his radio endlessly trying to find the source of the virus or at least who he thinks is the source, Dr. Vladilen Ryzhkov. As Alex arrived Mort finally reached his Russian contact known as The Czar. It seems the good doctor has or had a bounty on his head, literally. The Russians were closing in on the man in Romania when he disappeared again six months ago. Surveillance video showed what appeared to be a man fitting the description headed for New York City. Mort could only laugh as the useless TSA probably let the man in with no issues. Mort hoped he was in the USA as it would make it easier to take his head and mail it to the Russians if there’s still a government left there.

Mort’s contact in NYC has not responded since the epidemic so on his radio list of friends he’s listed as M.I.A., but a friend near the Poughkeepsie area has reported of a so called Demon called the Doctor creating slave safe zones. While Mort didn’t like giving religious boogeymen names to the genetically altered people they sure fit the description of a demon. Mort wondered if that psychopath altered himself first then tried to create a new species of human with himself as a God. Maybe the man just let his experiments get out of control. It was hard to say with a diseased mind such as Ryzhkov. He always seemed obsessed with himself and perfecting humanity. Mort decided he would have to send some scouts across the river to see what’s going on. What he wouldn’t do for control of a working satellite right now. If Ryzhkov is still alive and experimenting then whoever runs into him…..may God have mercy on their souls.
Dillon’s head was groggy. He struggled to remember more than his name, but then his last dinner before the fasting popped into his mind. Struggling to open his eyes his vision was cloudy and a headache pounded immediately. Beneath him he could feel a bed or couch. Squeezing his temple he willed his body to sit up clumsily. His bare feet touched down on cold concrete surprising him with chill all the way up his body. When his vision started to clear up all he saw were concrete walls lit up by fluorescent lighting in the middle of the small room….or cell. The solid door looked heavy and metallic. Looking around the room revealed no windows, but did have what appeared to be 10 gallons of water next to a hole in the ground….which Dillon assumed was the bathroom.

He stood up from what was just a twin sized bed with white sheets and a blanket you’d see in a hospital room. It seemed someone changed him as he wore a gray jogging suit. That was creepy enough without the cell. Dillon walked to the door realizing there was no door knob on his side so he banged on it then realized there was a closed slit in the door. He tried to open it, but seemed impossible from this side. The door was cold steel and would be impossible to break down. Suddenly the slit in the door opened “Yes” a woman’s voice asked; her brown droopy eyes appeared in the slit.

“Uh where am I?” Dillon said in a confused tone.

“The fasting chambers. Make sure no one cheats.”

Dillon was feeling agitation rise in him “Sooo you drugged me then are locking me away for a week?”

“Correct” she responded calmly and indifferent.

“That’s it I want out. NOW! I’ll take my chances with the dead” Dillon snarled.

“Sorry. Everyone gets cold feet. You’ll be fine.”

Dillon felt a bit of panic “Where’s Starr?”

“You must let go of sexual urges young man. She is no longer your concern.”

“Listen here you….” Then the slit snapped shut “BIIItttch…” Dillon didn’t like this at all screaming in frustration then slammed his fist on the door regretting it immediately.
Starr woke up with a pounding headache vomiting immediately. It wasn’t whatever drugs used on her that caused her the vomit, but a smell worse than death raped her nostrils. Immediately Starr realized she was suspended in the air by her wrists which ached horribly. It also came to her attention she had no clothes on. She feared opening her eyes, but needed to assess her situation in the worst way.

Right away it felt like she was transported into a B horror movie. The room was littered with trash cans that appeared to contain body parts and blood. There were four surgical gurneys with autopsied humans, a mutant, and what appeared to be a Zed as well. Its eyes still moved, but the rest of its body was immobile as if paralyzed. The floor had pools of congealed blood on top of concrete floors with sheet rocked walls. It appeared to be a partially finished basement with a single light bulb illuminating the horror and creating shadows of death all around her.

As she unsuccessfully tried loosening her bonds she caused herself to twist around seeing a closed door slightly lit up around the edges. Then movement came from the other side followed by a loud bang along with angry cursing from whoever was on the other side. She didn’t want to meet the person responsible for all this. A white radiation suit of some kind appeared to be hung up by the door along with a cattle prod. Then a scream of absolute horror came from the other side of the door then quickly cut off. Starr trembled with fear pushing back tears of absolute terror. She was not ashamed to release urine down her leg onto the floor creating a river of blood and piss across the smooth surfaced floor. It slowly pooled up by the door as it got dammed up by a severed hand haphazardly left on the ground. After everything she had been through it seemed some kind of sociopath had gotten ahold of her. The even scarier part is she wondered if Dillon was already dead and no one would ever know what happened to her……….
As Alex returned to the cabins with Chris who gave her a brotherly kiss on the side of her head “Okay I better get back to work. Dinner in an hour in cabin one”

“See you then.”

Alex stood in the sun which was slowly going down as night approached. She looked at everyone happily talking with all the new people around. Even Lena was shamelessly flirting with some of the younger soldiers who all appeared to be blushing as Lena seemed to have much more cleavage out than usual. Sal was smiling for once watching Mel playing games with the kids. Then out of her peripheral vision there was one person who didn’t seem happy walking her way “Hey

Charles what’s wrong?”

The man looked uncomfortable “I thought…I thought I would like it here. Settle down from the bloodshed and violence…but I want to go back out there. It’s just where I belong…I’m gonna go look for Dillon and Starr…you know while I’m out there”

The name Dillon stuck a dagger into her chest. How she missed him and felt guilty for feeling at peace a few seconds ago “I understand. I will go wi….”

Charles cut her off “No. Your place is here. Joker and I are going to head out. You stay with your son…and family…”

Alex looked behind Charles to see Joker standing around awkwardly “I guess… you’re right…just bring him back to m….here…. You sure bout this though? You’re a good man we could use you….”

Charles blushed a bit cutting her off “Good people are needed out in the thick of things too. I need to bring the fight to the enemy, wipe out the scourge of the land. There’s prolly a lot of people trapped and scared out there. Might as well help who I can before I join the dead.” Charles placed a reassuring hand on Alex’s shoulder “Don’t worry, the guys here are awesome and letting me take a Humvee, mounted with a .50 cal. We’ll get a good night’s rest then head out tomorrow and I’ll bring him back, I promise.”

Alex hugged Charles who awkwardly accepted it then headed toward a black Humvee waving Joker over. She was a bit shocked, but maybe some needed to keep fighting....to feel like they are making a difference or to just cope. Who knows? She didn’t know Joker that well, but the last thing he was is a military type guy so maybe that was his reason for going. Alex could feel the weeks of fatigue catching up to her. She sat down against a tree to watch the kids play and passed out…
Charles and Joker loaded up gear given to them for the ride out the next day. Chris gave them some fun toys to help them survive. Charles got into the Humvee to become familiar with the vehicle and stash weapons in easy to reach places. Joker got in the passenger side looking a worried “You sure ya don’t wanna stay? I ain’t turning around once we start moving.”

Joker slowly nodded “Yah man. Iz not meant to settle. Pluz Dill seems like a cool homie. Might az well do sum good out there.”

“Ok but hell. Let’s give you some damn English lessons on our down time…”

Joker looked at him funny “Whatz dat supposed to mean?”

“It means you talk like your tongue is busted.”

“Cum on dawg dis street talk.”

Charles looked at him amused “If you haven’t noticed the streets are full of corpses and they don’t talk so shut it.”

“Funny ole man. You wonts be say’n dis when I saving yo old ass.”

Charles smirked “We’ll see who’s saving who out there.”

Charles fired up the Humvee that purred like a cougar then drove around the outside of the wooded area a bit. Joker was going to take some getting used to, but seemed like a nice enough guy. He would miss Sal as his wingman, but the man was tired of battle. Charles on the other hand couldn’t forget his lost family and what took them away. He expected his life to be short lived but the least he could do was try to help Dillon and Starr to safety while he tries to fill his never ending bloodlust. Realizing that will be impossible as the emotional pain deep in his chest will never end he plans to take as many as the dead bastards down with him…

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:12 pm 

WOOOOOO MOAR!!!! THANKS AJ!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:20 am 

Halfapint wrote:
WOOOOOO MOAR!!!! THANKS AJ!!!

What he said!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next