Sudden Death

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

DAVE KI
Favorite Zombie Movies: WWZ though nowhere as good as the book.

Re: Sudden Death

Post by DAVE KI » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Ah I'm gonna guess Mary astride a giant 8 legged mutant with an army behind her? Not good whatever it is.Can't wait until tomorrow? :awesome:
"We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Tagged.

Very good story!
Boldly going nowhere

Azraelsjudgement
Favorite Zombie Movies: Least Favorite would be a shorter list

Post by Azraelsjudgement » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:11 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Sorry this update has no holiday feast, unless you count human flesh.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex tied some paracord around a pipe then lowered herself down to the fire escape. Mel stayed up on the roof to watch events unfold. Alex hoped she would be able to report things are good from her own radio. To say she was nervous was an understatement. Facing a large group of armed strangers alone was not her best idea ever. After climbing down the fire escape she readied her glock. There was no way to avoid crossing the road which had more Zeds working their way to the Wal-Mart compound looking for food. She quickly moved between buildings when a lone Zed rounded a corner, but it ended up with a hole in its head before even noticing her. Alex was practically walking on her toes to be as quiet as possible. As she neared the main roadway a group of three Zeds walked right in front of her. The collision sent all four sprawling, two into garbage cans sending an echo of metal on pavement ringing throughout the alley ways.

One Zed reached out grabbing Alex’s ankle. Alex had not dropped her weapon. It got a heel to the forehead then a bullet in the skull. The other two were still tangled up when Alex ended their re-animation for good. She dusted herself off, but it seemed Zeds from the road had heard the noise. She could hear a lot of shuffling coming her way. She ran to the back of a gas station then peered around the corner. There were about fifteen or more Zeds making their way towards her position. Alex sprinted to a back employee’s entrance that was of course locked. Already figuring the Zeds heard enough noise a few silenced bullets to the lock was no big deal. It did the trick and Alex pulled open the door entering the gas station. She immediately took out her flashlight just in time to see a Zed with a nametag that read Sally was coming right at her. A quick shot put ole Sally down for good. The door didn’t close all the way, but hopefully if any Zeds approached it their mindless walk forward would keep it shut.

Alex searched the stock room, but it was emptied out. She slowly made her way out front listening as Zeds were scrapping against the wall outside. The front of the store was also cleaned out and a big section of glass was shattered. Luckily it was up high making it harder for Zeds to find their way in. There were two wandering the aisles that she quickly put down before they noticed her. She stayed squatted down so that she could see the back and front of the store waiting for the small crowd and some stragglers to pass by.

After a few minutes Alex made her way to the front of the store to look out the now filthy windows. There weren’t any places to hide, just the cars to jump on once she got to the maze. Zeds were already eyeing the compound and people running around on top of the cars in the maze. It looks like she was just going to make a run for it killing anything that got close to her. She was in great shape, but her biggest worry was the other people not shooting her before she had a chance to explain herself. Of course when she went to open the front door a little bell jingled to announce customers, but now it was more of a dinner bell.

Zeds all around took notice, but Alex wasn’t going to wait for them. She took off in full sprint changing out her magazine to have a fresh load of ammo. At first she had no issues dodging the grasp of Zeds, but it didn’t take long for the sheer number of them to make walls of dead flesh. As she ran out of room to maneuver she had to start blasting away to make her own path. She felt a cold hand grasp her arm forcing her instincts to pull away tearing the sleeve of her shirt. Looking back over her shoulder revealed a woman in a dirty pant suit missing half her face. Alex elbowed the Zed in the face sending it sprawling. The next Zed was a younger kid going for her legs. She put a boot in its face making it drop straight down with a thud. She boot stomped its skull sending brain matter splattering all over her pants.

The number of Zeds was becoming overwhelming forcing her to holster her glock to use the M-16. She clicked it over to auto-fire spraying the crowd at their legs. The Zeds starting dropping to the ground with wet slaps on the pavement creating piles of crawling or immobile Zeds still snapping away at her feet. The dead flesh on the hot pavement sent up smells worse than road kill sitting in a late July afternoon sun. Alex took off in a sprint being careful where she stepped down. The last thing she wanted to do was fall down on a pile of snapping jaws and bony hands grasping at her. The noise from the rifle starting drawing even more attention, but the slow movements gave her time to reach the first car that was part of the maze. Alex jumped on top of the hood almost slipping on a piece of rotten flesh barely getting her balance back before falling into the arms of a swarm of pre-teen Zeds, some still with back packs on.

Alex stood on the roof of an old Cadillac gunning down approaching swarms excited by her gun fire. Finally switching to semi-automatic she started making headshots. As screwed up as the situation was Alex felt she was in her element, as if she was born to vanquish the dead from the earth. Of course she was so into quelling the hordes she forgot about the people in the Wal-Mart compound who were all staring at her wondering what kind of psychopath runs through hordes of the dead then stands on a car slaughtering them all. Once Alex snapped out of her kill mode she let her rifle hang down then turned around to see people on the truck wall and on others cars in the maze all looking at her. She simply smiled, waved, then held up her hands making a peace sign with fingers on both her hands.

As Zeds pounded on the car she was on Alex yelled out to the people closest to her “Do I have permission to approach?!”

“Yah hurry up and no sudden movements toward your weapons!” a tall skinny dark skinned man in motorcycle leathers yelled back.

Alex started jumping and running across cars leaving the Zeds behind to try and figure out how to navigate the maze. In a few minutes she reached a team of four people including the motorcycle man. He was accompanied by three other men seemingly in their 20s. She realized all of them had 1 liter soda bottles cut and taped around their ankles “Hi names Alex, nice place you have here.”

The motorcycle man arched his eyebrow “Yes it is. We aren’t taking in anyone so don’t ask. Now what ya want?” he asked in a gruff voice.

Alex smiled “Nah. I don’t need to be saved or anything. Just looking for trading partner is all.”

“Depends. What ya need?”

“Baby formula, food, and water possibly.”

The man laughed “So major survival items. What the hell did you plan on trading back?”

“Well I have spare weapons like the rifle that just saved my ass. I could be willing to part with some, especially for formula.”

“I guess that means you’re not alone then? I mean we could just take all your shit then leave you out here naked if you were.”

Alex put her hands on her hips “Seriously man. If you saw me naked I doubt you’d leave me out here.”

The man burst out chuckling “Oh man. You’re alright in my book. Names Calvin. These three are Jamal, Kevin, and Chen.” The other three nodded at her.

“So you in charge here?” Alex asked.

“Well we have a council; I am one of the five members so kinda. Why don’t we talk inside? Just need you to remove the magazine from your rifle first.”

Alex removed the magazine. Not like it would save her ass if they all turned their rifles on her anyways “No problem.”

“Thanks. Ok, you three stay on ‘put down’ duty. Follow me Alex.”

“Lead the way.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dillon spit out as much of the vomit from his mouth as he could. He couldn’t believe what he saw. Across the street was a two story house. Hanging from the roof were people with chain nooses around their neck. They had their lower jaws ripped off with their tongues hanging down. Once Dillon looked through the scope he recognized them as the guy Bryan and four of his people that were walking along the road. Dillon didn’t see anyone on the roof, but he was sure of who did it. Starr and Charles looked out the scope too, both clearly disturbed by what they saw.

“Fuck me…” Charles said astonished.

Starr was shaken, but ran downstairs to find a way to secure the doorways.

“What now?” Charles asked

Dillon stood up “I’m gonna get them down.”

Dillon headed for the stairs when Charles grabbed his shoulder “Whoa hold up. You can’t go alone son. We just lost Claire…we can’t afford to lose you too.”

Dillon gave him a look of fury “I know, but I need everyone here to protect THIS place. I want two people on guard duty up here. You know the reason they’re dead is prolly because we stopped to help them. It’s on us…we need to make this right.”

Dillon went down stairs and started to gear up. Charles came down right after to explain the situation to everyone else. Sal ordered Ted to help Zack upstairs then went right to

Dillon “God damn it Dillon. You’re not going anywhere, at least on your own.”

Dillon didn’t stop getting ready “We need everyone here. Hell maybe I’ll lure her out then end this myself.”

Sal sighed in frustration “No one should go out there. At least radio Alex first.”

Dillon picked up the radio “Alex come in.”

Mel answered “She’s on radio silence. What’s up?”

“Uh nothing. How’s she doing? Over.”

“Well they didn’t kill her. They were laughing and on their way inside the compound. Seems all good. Over.”

“Great keep us updated. Over and out.”

Dillon eyed Sal “Sorry I know technically you’re the go to guy when Alex isn’t around, but tough shit. My call. No one else is leaving. Those people are dead because of us. They don’t deserve to just hang there.”

“What the fuck am I supposed to tell Alex when she comes back and you’re dead?!”

Dillon slid in a fresh magazine then stopped “Tell her…” Ben interrupted “I’ll go.” Then he started to gear up.

Sal looked at him even more frustrated “You’re in no condition either. He’s limping and you’re fucked in the head!”

Ben shrugged “Yah, but you don’t need me here. I need to get away from everyone. I’m going or you can tie me up.”

Dillon smiled “Alright taking Ben then. Sal hold down the fort.”

Sal threw up his arms in frustration “Fine, but we’ll supply support from upstairs at least.”

Melody ran to Dillon wrapping herself around his leg “Lex gone, not Diln too.” Jordan followed up “If mommy doesn’t come back and you don’t eidda. Then we lose all parents.”

Dillon’s heart sank a bit at that. He knelt down to them “Hey. Who says we’re not coming back?”

Melody was tearing up “Aunt Claire left. Gone ta heaven now.”

“Hey me and Alex have always come back haven’t we?” they both nodded “Well good we’ll come back again. Help Uncle Sal round here okay?” They both sniffled and nodded. Dillon gave them each a hug and they kissed him on his cheeks at the same time for good luck.

Dillon got up then walked over to Ben looking at Ariel “Ready?”

Ben nodded “Yah. Let’s do this.”

Sal walked them to the door “Alright come back living. Don’t do anything stupid either.”

Dillon slapped him on the shoulder “Yes Sir.”

They opened the door exiting quickly with Dillon in the lead. There were three Zeds wandering around the parking area. Dillon approached them pulling out his glock putting them down quickly and quietly. There were more Zeds further down both directions of the road, but directly across to the other building was clear. They moved as fast as Dillon could go crossing the street with their weapons at the ready. It appeared to be an older two story house with an oak door standing wide open. The two men entered closing the door to prevent unwanted guests from sneaking up on them. The curtains were all closed so both men turned their rifle lights on.

Dillon looked around from the entryway. The wood finished floors were covered in old blood stains. The owners embraced the open concept style. They were standing in an entry way with coat hangers on the wall. The hangers were empty which was a good sign. On the left was a large furnished living room, the right was a dining room, straight ahead was the kitchen. The lights didn’t reveal any movement so Dillon moved forward waving Ben to follow him. After clearing the kitchen and a spare room Dillon led the way to the stairwell. As they climbed up with Dillon in the lead it seemed as if every step creaked under their weight. Just as Dillon reached the top floor he was suddenly gone from Ben’s eyes.

Dillon was hit head on by a smaller mutant sending him smashing through the banister slamming into the floor below. The wind was knocked out him and he was sure a few ribs cracked. The mutant flew off him and he sensed movement close by. Then Ben’s rifle roared to life. Dillon could feel the ripples through the air over top his face. The creature roared in pain not far from his head. He tried to get up yelling out in extreme pain. His whole body felt like it was bruising over. Looking backwards the creature seemed dead.

Ben yelled down to him “I got it. You alright?!”

All Dillon could do was shake his head no and grunt in reply. Ben was about to go downstairs when his rifle was snatched from his hand. He spun around to see Mary smiling at him. She grabbed him then tossed him down the hall like he was a child. Ben pulled his glock only to have it kicked from his hand breaking a few fingers in the process. Ben yelled out, but knew he needed to get back on his feet. The hallway did not give him much room so put his feet flat then pushed up off the ground straight at Mary. It took her by surprise so he threw his shoulder into her chest knocking her backwards, but she didn’t fall. While she was stunned he threw a fist with his weaker left arm striking her in the nose. She grunted, but when he followed up she ducked then picked him up on her shoulder. Next thing Ben felt was his head slamming into the ceiling then being body slammed into the floor.

Ben’s vision was blurred as he looked up at Mary staring down at him with pity “Ben if I remember right. Get up; I like it when my food puts up a fight.”
Ben used the wall to stand back up then put his fists up “Fuck you cunt.”

Mary snarled, but approached him calmly. Ben swung his fist striking her in the side of the head. She responded with a back hand, though it felt like a punch in the face. Ben knew for sure he had a concussion trying hard not to black out. Reaching in the back of his pants he pulled out a knife slashing it through the air wildly. Lucky for him Mary was coming at him again, the blade caught her across the arm sending streaks of blackish blood through the air making her yell out in real pain.

Mary gathered herself “Dumb shit. Now you’re gonna suffer, I’m done playing with you!”

Ben attacked her with the knife missing badly. Mary dodged him then grabbed his shoulders slamming him into the wall. There was a large dent left behind in the sheetrock and Ben was finally starting to black out. He swung wildly at her again, but she stomped on his knee shattering it. Ben’s screams of anguish was heard clearly by the rest of the group next door.

Mary grabbed Ben by his vest as his body was in shock he could feel himself going in and out of consciousness. Dragging him down the hall he tried to muster any strength left, but it was futile. His body was betraying him. The last thing Ben remembered was being thrown into the air where his body smashed through a window followed by a quick collision with the concrete below. He was quickly surrounded by a horde of Zeds. They pounced on him immediately stripping the flesh off his bones as he screamed out for mercy. It wasn’t long before Ted got a clean shot from the garage window putting a bullet in Ben’s head.

Meanwhile Dillon was dragging himself up the stairs. Just before he got to the top he heard the window shatter. He launched himself the rest of the way with his glock at the ready, but of course too late to save Ben. As he lay on the ground he fired wildly at Mary striking her three times until she leapt into a side room. Dillon got up off the ground cradling his side with one arm and keeping his gun at the ready with the other. He slid along the wall until he got to the room she disappeared into. There was a decent amount of fresh blood like liquid on the floor. However, the window on the far side was wide open, Mary was gone.

Dillon went back into the hallway and saw a string hanging from the ceiling; he pulled down on it with his body weight bringing down a set of stairs. He awkwardly climbed up into an attic that luckily let in sunshine. It was extremely humid causing beads of sweat to start forming all over his body. Walking over to the circular window he popped it open. Below him were hordes of Zeds surrounding the building drawn by the gunfire. Windows downstairs were being shattered as the dead were doing anything to get inside. Dillon climbed out onto the edge then grabbed one of the chain nooses pulling himself up on top of the flat roof. His ribs screamed out in pain, but he got up then plopped down on his back breathing heavy. Sweat was pouring down his face and soaking his entire body.

Remembering he had a radio he took it out then turned it on “…Sal….fuck…what happ…happened to Ben?”

Sal came back on “He’s dead Dillon. What the hell happened in there?”

Dillon already knew Ben was dead, but the news still hurt “Mary…and…and one of her goons. I’m banged up pretty good. Fuck. Ben was left to fight….fight her on his own…”

“Alright. Well looks like you may be up there on your own for a bit. Watch yourself.”

“Yah. No problem.”

Dillon looked at what the chains were held up on. It turned out to be an old metal pole stuck in the roof. What it was for he had no idea. First he kicked the pole, but all that did was vibrate his entire body which didn’t help his ribs. Next he tried pulling the chain up, but the bodies dangling were too much weight to pull the chain up about a yard and over the pole. Dillon collapsed onto his back again; he had traversed here for nothing and lost Ben in the process. At this point he didn’t really care what happened to him, the mental toll of making such a rash and failed decision was overwhelming him. Without even realizing how fatigued he was and the throbbing pain throughout his body Dillon gave into exhaustion passing out with tears forming in his eyes...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calvin led Alex up a ramp that dropped down from the top of the wall then walked down another ramp to what used to be part of the Wal-Mart parking lot. Everyone gawked at Alex like she was some strange foreign creature.

Calvin yelled out to one of the gawkers. A small teenage kid “Council meeting in five! Round em up for me Ryan!” the kid ran off like a bat out of hell. “Follow me. We have a little shack out back for private meetings.”

Alex raised a suspicious eyebrow “You’re not gonna take me out back and whack me are ya?”

Calvin shook his head no “Pretty sure that would end badly for me” he half kidded.

They arrived out back to a simple wooden shack with a tarp draped over top and down over a door way. Calvin lifted it up to reveal a simple patio table and some simple wood chairs “Wow living in luxury” Alex kidded.

He turned on a small battery powered lamp “Well we try not to get comfortable in here it makes us come to decisions quicker.”

Alex sat down “Smart.”

“So how is your group set up?” Calvin was curious.

“Eh, well we are mobile for now. Heading to the mountains. I’m technically the leader, but everyone has input. No time for meetings on the road.”

“I hear ya.”

“How many people you got here?” Alex had already counted twenty four on her way in.

“Not sure maybe round fifty or so. Unfortunately we have many workers, but not many intellectuals for planning things so we invented the council because we all have skills that helped build this place.”

“What’s yours?”

Calvin smirked “I’m in charge of the dirty work. Strategy and killing things. I was a military washout, but not because I wasn’t tough enough, I was just undisciplined, leave it at that.”

“It’s not for everyone.” Suddenly the tarp was opened up and four people appeared looking at her curiously. Alex stood up to greet them. Calvin cleared his throat “Here are the other four members. Everyone this is Alex who came to trade. Alex this is Paige “he pointed at a young woman dressed in a skirt and cut off top “she is our medical expert. She was in school to be a surgeon and has saved our asses many times.” The young woman nodded with a smile. “This is Manuel or Manny as we call him” Calvin pointed to a middle aged gray haired man who looked weary and eyed her suspiciously “he is the man that can fix anything.” Manny didn’t move a muscle “well…. next we have Maureen” she seemed a bit lost in thought, but smiled. She was older with long flowing white hair “she is the woman who knows everything about plants, growing, etc. Last but not least is Lance. Lance here…. “

The tall handsome blonde man around thirty stepped forward clearing his throat to cut Calvin off. He was in a short sleeve dress shirt with a tie. He wore slacks and brown leather slippers “I can speak for myself Calvin.” Lance held out his hand and Alex accepted. His grip was firm, but not so much it hurt. He also had a sparkling smile “I was a city councilman. I keep these guys in line; civilization needs bureaucrats to survive after all.” The man was dead serious, Alex wanted to puke. She kept it nice though. “Hello everyone. I’m Alex. I was a cop and now just looking to make a trade in the vast wasteland. Shall we all take a seat?”

Everyone took a seat with Calvin speaking first “Well what can we do for you Alex?”

Alex leaned back crossing her arms “We have a baby and the mother passed recently. We need formula. Any other food or water supplies would be helpful as well.”

Manny chimed in “Why the hell should we trade with you?”

“Now now Manny. No need to be rude” Lance butted in “What are you offering?”

“Automatic rifles & grenades” Alex ended with a smile. Lance raised his eyebrow sitting up even straighter. Alex knew she had him hooked.

Lance tried to act casual, he may have been a decent politician, but he was not slicker then some her father and uncle brought around “Well Alex that is certainly an interesting proposal. I suppose we could part with some items.”

Maureen nodded “Of course we can’t let a child go hungry, it’s not like we have an….”

“Maureen enough” Lance said in a sharp annoyed tone.

Calvin rolled his eyes “Come on guys. She’s alright in my book, no need to be so official.”

Manny grunted “She could be a scout for an invasion force for all we know. She’s admitted to having illegal weapons.”

Alex laughed “What the hell books have you been reading? An invasion force? This is the biggest group of people I’ve seen so far. As for illegal weapons, illegal according to whom?”

“The United States of America!” Manny roared.

Alex didn’t flinch though “There’s no United States anymore. If there were my uncle would’ve reported it.”

Manny gave her an evil eye then stomped off. Lance adjusted his tie nervously “Don’t worry about him we only need a majority vote. Anyone object?” No one spoke up. “Alright four to one in favor. Alright Alex why don’t you bring your goods here and we can haggle.”

Alex stood up “Alright. We’ll arrive tomorrow.”

Lance stood up making sure his tie was straight as he did “Sounds good. Well good day to everyone then” then he walked confidently out of the shack followed by Maureen.

Paige approached her “Do you want me to check over the baby? Free of charge.”

Alex liked the vibe from her “That’d be great, thank you.”

Paige beamed “You’re welcome” then she excused herself leaving just Calvin “Well I’ll escort you back in the truck wherever you need to go. It may be easier then running through a horde again.”

Alex laughed “Yah it just may be. Can I check in with my group quick so they know you didn’t kidnap me?”

“Sure I will be outside when you’re ready” then he left her alone. Alex turned the radio on “Dillon, Sal. Whoever, come in. Over.”

Sal came on “You ok Alex?”

“Yah how’s things there?”

There was a long pause that made Alex uncomfortable before Sal came back on “Not good. Not good at all. You need to get back….”
"My zombies will never take over the world because I need the humans. The humans are the ones I dislike the most, and they're where the trouble really lies." - George A. Romero

DAVE KI

Post by DAVE KI » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Great update,things are heating up good. Worth the wait.
"We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

mariposa

Post by mariposa » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:45 pm

I hope Dillon has another grenade to put in Mary's mouth. I'm getting tired of that depraved shebeast.

mariposa

Post by mariposa » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:22 pm

I guess the moar zombies got their moarphine fix elsewhere.

Azraelsjudgement

Post by Azraelsjudgement » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:40 pm

mariposa wrote:I guess the moar zombies got their moarphine fix elsewhere.
Lack of feedback is deffinitely sapping my motivation as is the end of the school semester burning me out. Dillon and Alex will continue though.
"My zombies will never take over the world because I need the humans. The humans are the ones I dislike the most, and they're where the trouble really lies." - George A. Romero

DAVE KI

Post by DAVE KI » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Azraelsjudgement wrote:
mariposa wrote:I guess the moar zombies got their moarphine fix elsewhere.
Lack of feedback is deffinitely sapping my motivation as is the end of the school semester burning me out. Dillon and Alex will continue though.
Motivate Motivate Motivate Motivate Motivate Motivate Motivate. Look at all that motivation.Am I a motivator or what? :words:

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:12 pm

great story...don't let it die!

Get through the semester...enjoy the break. I hear writing is good therapy to relieve school stress though...just sayin'! :wink:
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

selen

Post by selen » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:44 am

AJ this is a very good story. I can easily say it is way better than most of the stories on this site :D Keep up the good work.It is really worth reading:)))))))))))
Ah and I forgot to say MOAR Please :ohdear:

mariposa

Post by mariposa » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:31 am

selen wrote:AJ this is a very good story. I can easily say it is way better than most of the stories on this site :D Keep up the good work.It is really worth reading:)))))))))))
Ah and I forgot to say MOAR Please :ohdear:
This is one of two stories I've been regularly following. I've read a few others that were very good, but this is one for which I eagerly await the updates. I do hope Dillon succeeds in taking out Mary and her mutant tribe soon.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:09 am

Yes Yes the moar zombies need more! I love the story keep it up! I read the last installment in Mexico while I was on the beach. So if it's good enough for me to seek out wifi, it's good enough for you to give me another update!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Azraelsjudgement

Post by Azraelsjudgement » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:44 pm

Hah thanks everyone. School fatigue has worn off and the next installment is in process.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:02 pm

Less forums more update! :D
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

DAVE KI

Post by DAVE KI » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:39 pm

Azraelsjudgement wrote:Hah thanks everyone. School fatigue has worn off and the next installment is in process.
We know that your saying this under duress AJ from some undisclosed place in Mexico where Halfapint is making you finish the story
for his own greed or amusement. Has to be.ZS is being mobilized even now.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:46 pm

DAVE KI wrote:
Azraelsjudgement wrote:Hah thanks everyone. School fatigue has worn off and the next installment is in process.
We know that your saying this under duress AJ from some undisclosed place in Mexico where Halfapint is making you finish the story
for his own greed or amusement. Has to be.ZS is being mobilized even now.
Yes...... Mexico..... That's where I'm holding him...... ::shifty eyes::

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:58 am

I think Azrael is in Halfpint's basement, and he's rubbing the lotion into his skin when he's not working on Story.

:shock:

-urban
"When under imminent Predator attack, try to act all Thalidomide-y till they go away".-me
3%

Azraelsjudgement

Post by Azraelsjudgement » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:48 am

At least I am not trapped with Kathy Bates in the snowy mountains!

Spazzy

Post by Spazzy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:49 am

Bates would make sure you posted though... :rofl:
Overheard at my USN retirement ceremony....
"So he's not a team player then?"
"You mean Spazz...? Hes not even a fan of the team."

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Azraelsjudgement wrote:At least I am not trapped with Kathy Bates in the snowy mountains!
BACK TO WRITING! I let you sleep last night... Sure sure it was only for 15 minutes, sure it was after I flogged you for 4 hours.... Stop whining.

Must have MOAR STOARY!!!!!!!! :awesome:

DAVE KI

Post by DAVE KI » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:45 pm

Azraelsjudgement wrote:At least I am not trapped with Kathy Bates in the snowy mountains!
:ohdear: I don't know Kathy Bates may be the better. Of two evils of course. LOL.

drebin563

Post by drebin563 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:40 pm

:clap: 3 days of practically non-stop reading and made an account only to say thank you for this story! I love the writing style and action sequences. cant wait for next installment!!!

Azraelsjudgement

Post by Azraelsjudgement » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:36 pm

Thanks drebin! As for the next installment here it is everyone, Halpapint broke enough toes to get me to finish :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dillon woke up in a bed. The last thing he remembered was the roof where he failed to get the dead bodies down. Confused he also noticed an IV was in his arm and he felt weak. Looking around he realized this was not the auto garage it was a bland dimly lit white room. There appeared to be other beds around him, but empty. He slowly picked his head up to see a woman at a desk using a lantern to read a book. Licking his dry lips he managed to say “Who are you?”

A pretty young woman peered over the book “Paige. Your doctor.”

“Wait..what?” Dillon asked confused.

The woman named Paige giggled “You’re in Wal-Mart. The group your girl found.”

Dillon rubbed his eyes “How long have I been here? How did I get here?” he asked still slightly groggy.

Paige stood up putting her book down “This is day three. Being injured, dehydrated, and passed out on a roof in the summer heat didn’t do you any favors. As for rescuing you, well thanks to our dump truck it wasn’t hard to rescue you from the top of the house. We also got everyone out of the garage. They had been trapped in there thanks to the horde surrounding it. The dump truck never loses against Zombies. Then they brought you back here and I finished saving your ass.” She walked over to him to check his pulse. “Looks like you have a few cracked ribs, swelling in your knee, and a badly bruised foot. Alex bartered a two week stay here so you can heal up. Though just seeing little ones again was all the reward I needed…”

Dillon could sense deep sadness in her voice, but let it be “Did anyone get the bodies down? And where’s Alex?”

“Yah they got em down…as for Alex I’ll get her for ya. Your pulse is good. Be right back.”

Dillon kept replaying the attack by Mary over in his head. Ben was gone. He remembered shooting Mary, but figured they hadn’t seen the last of her. If only he recovered from the fall quicker to help Ben maybe they could have finished Mary off together. Either way he will make sure she dies even if it’s the last thing he does. He tried to move sending pain radiating through his body forcing him to lie still again.

Dillon felt like crying all of a sudden. Between his beaten down body and the weight of what happened it was all starting to settle in. While Alex felt at home fighting off the hordes of the dead and mutants it was taking its toll on Dillon. Between almost dying at Sal’s and now being battered again his body needed rest, a lot of rest. Dillon’s issues weren’t just physical pain or one bad decision though. Whenever he replayed events over in his thoughts the Zeds were starting to look like people he knew or even the people with him that were still alive. His memories were starting to replace faceless Zeds with those he cared about. Of course right now Ben was the main face he was seeing on the dead. Whether he was starting to lose his mind or if this was just another thing to deal with Dillon wasn’t sure. Before he could contemplate it anymore Alex entered “How you feeling?”

Dillon cleared out his thoughts to focus on the now “Worse than I look I’m sure.”

Alex walked over to him and he knew she was pissed “I’m glad you lived, but for God sakes Dillon what were you thinking? Why the hell did you leave the garage, the kids, and almost throw your life away? Why?”

Dillon felt shame and a bit of anger that she came at him right away “I wasn’t thinking….it was just….I don’t know. It was a mix of adrenaline and anger. I’m sick of death and fear of others dying at a moment’s notice. It was bullshit and those people didn’t deserve to be butchered then hung up like trophies. I know I was wrong, but fuck, it’s done.”

Alex let out a frustrated sigh “Dammit Dillon. There are people who depend on us. I wouldn’t have left those people there either, but Christ you need to formulate a plan. You can’t always go balls to the wall, blowing shit up, charging ahead. You gotta stop to think.”

Dillon just stared at the ceiling “Alright I get it.”

There was an uncomfortable pause when Alex finally blurted out “I don’t think you do. For now on only Sal and Charles make the calls when I’m not around. Sorry.”

Dillon shook his head “Fine.”

Alex reached for his hand, but he pulled it away. She left without another word. Dillon laid there fuming. More at himself than anything, but to lose Alex’s faith hurt. As he lay there with guilt for what seemed like forever the door opened again. When he looked to see who it was he didn’t expect to see Starr come in who was wearing daisy dukes and a belly shirt “Uh hey? What’s up?”

Starr walked over pulling up a chair to Dillon then straddled it “Just wanted to say glad you’re okay. I know I just signed up with you all, but I can sense your importance to the group. Plus I know you’re getting shit for making a split decision that led to some bad events, but I woulda done the same. It’s easy for others to Monday morning quarterback, you did what you thought was right at the time. It ended up being the wrong decision, but only after the fact.”

“Thanks, but Sal tried to stop me. I didn’t listen.”

Starr snorted “Sal may have life experience, but we all have equal experience dealing with the shit storm out there. No one was trained for this bullshit. Don’t let it get you down. Hell, look at me. I lost my whole damn group, but shit, someone’s gotta live and keep moving forward.”

“Yah I suppose you’re right. Thanks for the pep talk.”

Starr laid her hand on top of his “I don’t give pep talks, I give reality checks.” Starr stood up walking back to the door “Keep your head up. Don’t become timid because of one bad moment. Talk to ya later.” Starr left Dillon to ponder things again. Her visit was odd, but he found her words helpful. Though he still couldn’t help replaying the events over in his head that led to Ben’s death. The fact he was stripped of leadership duties was kind of a relief for the time being, but the possibility of his fellow group members losing faith in him made his chest hurt from emotional pain and regret. At least he had one supporter….
Sal sat in the large dump truck waiting for Calvin to do last minute checks. The truck was outside of the perimeter behind Lowes as it was too big for the maze. Sal could hear the occasional gun go off to protect Calvin as he made sure the rig was ready for Zed crushing. They were heading out to try and rescue their three vehicles left at the garage. Charles, Ted, and two others guys named Chen and Jamal were in the back of the truck as well. Alex had bartered for a two week stay and baby formula, but the goods to trade were still in the vehicles they had to leave behind when rescued. Sal was anxious to get back to their supplies. It’s not like Zeds would steal them, but those supplies are their life line right now. To have them left unguarded was almost traumatic, especially if something did happen to them.

Sal tried not to think about it too much focusing on this beast made up of metal and oil. While these massive types of vehicles are nice to keep safe right now, eventually the resources to keep them running is going to be unsustainable. Eventually bio-diesel will need to be made and even horses rounded up for transportation in the long run. Even if the Zed scourge is wiped out, it will be a long time to rebuild the world from devastation. Of course there was that nagging voice in the back of Sal’s head that was whispering that mankind was going to go extinct, that there may not be a purpose to fighting ahead...

Calvin jumped in the truck slamming the door behind him “All set.”

Sal nodded as Calvin started up the rig. The noise from the large engine immediately drew massive amounts of attention. The guards that protected Calvin retreated back to the car maze. Soon the large unforgiving metal rig was barreling forward crushing corpses like they didn’t matter. Calvin was celebrating the Zeds demise like he was winning a game; he seemed to be enjoying himself too much. Sal supposed that some people may have found a way to separate Zeds from humans, but Sal couldn’t. They all reminded him of the lost remnants of civilization. Sal used to enjoy solitude from the world, but now he missed the old world. It was full of corruption and abuse of power, but now he appreciated the good parts of it. It seems though it was too little too late now…. Between being lost in his thoughts and the ease of clearing a path with this monstrosity it didn’t take long to get back to the garage and it appeared their vehicles were left untouched. Calvin did his best to block off the back parking area with the dump truck, but there was considerable room underneath the truck for Zeds to slip through as well as a large gap between the front of the truck and a fence. At least the other side of the garage had so much brush the Zeds kept getting caught up in it.

Calvin opened the door, but didn’t get down “Alright Chen and Jamal take the front of the vehicle. Ted, you and I will stop anything from sneaking up underneath and in back of the truck. Charles and Sal do your thing!”

Everyone got out of the truck almost immediately firing their rifles at Zeds already looking for fresh meat. Sal got out the driver side of the truck as Charles helped him down. There were some Zeds milling about around the vehicles so Charles went in with blades flying while Sal pulled his sidearm. They made quick work of the hapless creatures. Charles went to start up all the vehicles and get any gear left inside. Sal turned his attention back to everyone else. Calvin and Ted seemed to be handling themselves fine. Chen and Jamal were starting to become overwhelmed slowly falling back. As Sal moved closer he realized the bodies were piling up underneath the truck so the Zeds were flooding to the front. Sal moved as quickly as he could to back them up “Ted! Calvin can handle that alone now.

Move to help the others!”

Ted nodded moving to Chen and Jamal just in time. Jamal tripped over his own feet falling to the ground while Chen was reloading. Jamal had a Zed ready to drop on him when Ted made a perfect headshot splattering brain matter over Jamal’s face. Jamal caught the body throwing it to the side. Chen finally reloaded adding to Ted’s support fire. Jamal crawled backward to Chen and finally got back up on his feet. Finally Charles yelled out that all the vehicles were ready to go. Sal called out to Calvin “Get back in your truck! I’ll cover you!” Calvin nodded as Sal shot down any Zeds advancing on him while he climbed back up into the dump truck. Charles was already in the plow truck moving to help while Chen jumped in the Durango. Sal ordered Ted to fall back to get the Mercedes as Calvin got the dump truck going crushing Zeds in his wake. Charles used the plow truck ramming into the ones that were passed the dump trucks path to protect Jamal and Sal. Ted quickly drove up parking next to Sal who wasted no time throwing Jamal in the back seat and quickly following.

“Fuck me. That was close” Jamal said shakily.

Sal chuckled “Shit that ain’t nothing.” Jamal just shook his head then proceeded to wipe of the foreign gray matter peppered on his face and chest.

After the dump truck got turned around leaving crushed bodies in its wake the other three vehicles followed close behind with the plow pushing away as much crude left behind by the large truck in the lead. It was a bumpy, but successful ride back. Once the three smaller vehicles maneuvered through the maze they were brought inside the compound.

They parked off to the side and Sal got out greeted by Alex “Don’t worry we all survived and the gear is still there.”

“Good.”

Sal expected her to be happier about it “You okay?”

“I’m Fine” she responded nonchalantly.

“Dillon awake yet?” Sal questioned.

“Yup” her tone was starting to show signs of anger now.

Sal sighed “Ah hell you didn’t lay into him right away did you?”

“Of course I did. Just because Dillon and I…shit Sal he had to know he was wrong” she said getting testy.

“The whole world is wrong. You can’t just berate him. I know you expect better of him, but you forget he was just an unruly teenager before all this. It doesn’t excuse his actions, but hell, mistakes happen and he’ll learn from it.”

Alex just rubbed her forehead in frustration “Ok enough about Dillon. I don’t wanna talk about it. Let’s just get our payment together for our stay and the formula.”

Sal held up his arms in mock surrender “Alright. Well just leave it to us. Go relax or something.” Alex spun around walked away leaving Sal mumbling to himself about how glad he was to have never gotten married.
Starr sat with Sarah and Sofia outside at a picnic table with an umbrella shading them. They had a cheap bottle of scotch in between them that they had traded for. Starr poured them each a glass which they picked up without hesitation “Well ladies, here’s to some peace and quiet for once.” They all raised their glasses then drank it down. Sarah coughed shocked by the burn, Sofia cringed, but Starr just smiled, it was heaven to her.

“Dam…never had the cheap stuff before.” Sofia said still slightly cringing.

Starr giggled “Ah when you’re around a bar all the time you get used to it all.”

“I think…*cough*... I need a new esophagus” Sarah strained to say.

Starr smirked then poured herself another glass “Anyone else?” They both shook no emphatically “more for me then.”

Sofia wiped her forehead “Shit it’s getting hot out here.”

Starr looked up “Yah not one cloud in the sky.”

Sarah looked around “Well the clothing is sure optional around her. Half the women are not even wearing a top. I bet Zack is in heaven right now. When the guys get back I’m sure they’ll be taking in the views with him” all the girls laughed at how simple minded men were.

“Hey the female body is quite beautiful…”Sofia added

Starr raised her eyebrow “Hmm play for both teams Sofia?”

Sofia shrugged “Maybe” she said teasingly.

Just then Sarah got red making Starr curious “Wait are you two…” Before she could finish Alex came up “I need a drink.”

Starr let it go looking up at Alex “Yes mam.” Starr said pouring her a scotch. “Sorry no ice.”

Alex picked it up and knocked it down “No need.”

“Any orders boss?” Sofia asked.

Alex held her glass out for more which Starr obliged “Nah Charles and I are paying for the dump truck fuel by helping with security this week. The rest of you just rest and heal up.” She tossed back her second glass “Dam we need to keep some liquor on hand.”

Sarah smiled timidly “You okay?”

“Yah” Alex lied badly, but none of the women dared push her on it. They knew her boundaries by now. Only Sal and Dillon were allowed to push them.

“Thanks ladies. I’m gonna go check on Mel and the kids.”

“See yah” they all said in unison as she headed off.

“Wonder what’s wrong with her?” Sofia was curious.

“She’s pissed at Dillon, he’s pissed at her” Starr responded.

“How do you know?” Sofia asked.

“I pay attention, I was a bartender. I’m good at reading people.” Starr said confidently “I already talked to Dillon; let him know not to feel too much like shit.”

“Better watch yourself. I’m sure you were just being nice, but Dillon is off limits” Sarah warned.

“Ah he is cute, but don’t worry, just being friendly” she winked.

Sarah shrugged “Well they both need to lighten up anyways. In my opinion Ben wanted to die.”

“Yah prolly” Sofia agreed “He was pretty upset and went gun-ho all of a sudden.”

“Still sucks though. We were prisoners together, he helped keep me sane. Wish I coulda done the same for him...” Sarah said sadly.

Starr poured everyone another drink, but much less this time for the other two. She raised her glass and they tentatively obliged “To Ben…and Claire” They all quickly downed the potent liquid remembering the loving couple.
Alex was on her way to Mel and the kids when she saw Lance coming her way. He clearly wanted her attention “Alex. Hey. Wait up.” She was not in the mood to deal with this blowhard, lucky for him the scotch had relaxed her some “Hey Lance what’s up?”

“Just seeing how you all are settling in here. If you need anything or have any concerns just let me know.”

“Thanks Lance. We’re fine. Just happy you have accommodated us with privacy showers.” While nudity doesn’t bother her, but she would rather not show it off herself. Alex was also not amused with the relaxed environment around here. Many of the people seemed to be isolated and pampered from the Zeds outside. There was no training besides the regular security guys. It almost seemed like Lance wanted them dependent….

“You’re welcome. Your equipment is greatly appreciated. My people feel much safer now” he said with the usual cheesy smile.

Alex wanted him to go away and was doing her best to be polite “I’m glad. Now if there’s nothing more I wanna see my son before my security detail.”

“Of course. I will see you later then.” Lance headed surrounding the area with his pompous cloud that followed him around.

Alex made her way out back of Wal-Mart. Lance had set up a cheap metal framed swimming pool for the kids and teenagers. She didn’t approve of the waste of water, but apparently they are well supplied. Mel was in the pool with the kids and two teenage girls while Paige sat nearby adoring Ariel.

Mel saw her “Come on in Alex!”

Alex managed a smile seeing the kids having fun “Nah just here to visit.”

“Ma. Mel’s teaching me ta swim!” Jordan said excitedly.

“I bet you’re a natural hun. How do you like the water Melody?”

She got her usually deep thinker look “I like, it cool. No like under.”

Mel giggled “When I first got in with her I slipped and dunked her. Not a fan, but she’s a tough girl and didn’t cry to get out.”

“Me big girl Mil” Melody responded annoyed.

That just made everyone laugh confusing the little one. Alex sat next to Paige in a cheap plastic outdoor chair “I see you’re a fan of babies.”

Paige looked up smiling “Yah… she is one healthy baby, especially for an apocalypse” she half kidded.

“The kids are the priority. Have you checked over Ted and Sal yet?”

Paige cracked a smile “Sal, he’s quite a riot. He’ll be fine, prolly outlive us all. As for Ted, I worry about him being around zombies. His face isn’t in the best shape. I worry about corpses causing infections. Should keep him on jobs that keep him away from dead bodies.”

Alex nodded “You’re the doctor.”

Paige shook a rattle for Ariel “I’m also going to trade knowledge with Sarah while you guys are here. As the only two trained medical people between the two groups might as well make sure we both are on the up and up.”

Alex was impressed “Good idea. In fact you mind letting Sofia in on it? She is a decent fighter, but I think she could be a natural medic too.”

“Sure.”

Alex was a bit nervous, but was too curious at the fascination Paige had towards Ariel “Paige you seem so amazed by Ariel. Did you ever have kids here?”

Paige looked up with a deep sadness in her eyes “Yah…actually I had a daughter myself… Had a few little ones here, but…..before the maze and walls were fully put together….a horde came through. None of the children survived….in the panic Lance accidently pulled too many guards away from where the kids were kept.” A few tears escaped Paige’s eyes “The one guard and babysitter were no match for the zombies that broke through our defenses. We lost around twenty people in all that day…”

Alex closed her eyes “I’m sorry Paige…I couldn’t imagine…”

Paige started cooing Ariel again “No, its fine. I’m just happy to see a baby again is all…”

Alex watched Jordan splashing Mel having the time of his life. The thought of him suffering the same fate would be so emotionally painful Alex couldn’t even comprehend what it would feel like. After leaving Paige to the baby Alex let the kids splash her, goofing off with them. Then she got them out for lunch. After eating with them it was almost time for her shift. She was tempted to see Dillon again, but instead relieved one of the security guys a little early…

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:42 pm

You am question my tactics but look... You get MOAR! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!

Ok ok sorry, thanks for the update AJ!!!! You rock... Now back in the hole!

Return to “Fiction”