The Dead at Destitute Mountain

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Sheriff McClelland

Re: The Dead at Destitute Mountain

Post by Sheriff McClelland » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:38 am

Tb always comes through :!:

6 years and running ... Michael would be proud of his family .
"Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up. "

jdavidboyd

Post by jdavidboyd » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:13 pm

And we're over halfway through April.... :(
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sat May 25, 2019 10:47 pm

Actually dreamed about this thread last night...not the story, the thread.

Really hoping for an update soon.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:08 pm

Well, stumbled across this story again and just finished catching up (again!) for what...the 4th...maybe 5th time, and after a week of reading it’s still just as great as the first time. Better maybe.

The scene where Mundy is sitting on the riverbank and the zed trapped behind him almost getting him really stood out to me. Mundy asking the zero “How long can you keep doing this?” really got to me this time... I just hit the point on Friday where I can take the rest of my vacation time and still get to the last of the “big” stock vestings I have coming to me at work on the 15th.

How much longer can I keep doing this?

My wife has this crazy notion of retiring debt-free, and I need to keep myself in the lifestyle to which I’ve become accustomed though! Finally bought some property (just a couple acres) pretty far out of town in a gated, lakeside community...not on the lake, but we all have lake access. Thinking of sinking a well there and planting some fruit trees, etc. Would buy the lots on either side as well for more privacy, but for the $$ we could buy 30 or more acres out in the boonies in West Texas...a true bug out location.

But how much longer can I keep going at this job?

Going to try to keep going for a couple or three more years to pay off the property, have a sizable down payment to put down on the house we build, and throw in a couple watercraft toys to attract the grand kids out to the lake...when/if we ever get any! Our son’s in a pretty serious relationship, but still has a couple years to go in college, and our daughter just turned 14...yes, we started late.

Regardless, enough of the trip down the rabbit hole of my personal life... Moar story would certainly help!

Just sayin’!
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:28 pm

Was at a Barnes&Noble the other day (yes, we still have one in town!), and as I was coming down the escalator saw a very pretty young blond girl with some scars on her face...looked like from a run in with a barbed wire fence. I almost...almost...asked her if her name was Katrina by any chance, but chickened out; didn’t want to come across as some kind of pervy creeper. She was almost young enough to be my daughter for God’s sake!

Then saw this pic on another forum I occasionally visit and the memory came flooding back.

Minus the scars of course, but almost exactly how I picture Kat in my mind.

Not quite ready to start on yet another read through TB, but definitely getting desperate! How about a nice helping of MOAR?!

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:42 pm

That’s almost almost exactly what I picture her as too! Maybe a bit more weathered, more scares, and a hike lot more badass!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by absinthe beginner » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:56 am

I dunno...as the months slip by without an update, I'm starting to picture Kat with a pile of blue hair and a walker....MOAR!!!!

jdavidboyd

Post by jdavidboyd » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:52 pm

I think TB must have been abducted by aliens. That's the only reason there could be as to why there hasn't been an update!
What's so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:36 pm

jdavidboyd wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:52 pm
I think TB must have been abducted by aliens. That's the only reason there could be as to why there hasn't been an update!
I propose a raid to Area 51! Screw alien tech, I want more TDDM and TB safe and sound!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:42 am

I'm close to designating an assembly point, Moar Corps. I believe another TB house call may be in order.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:18 am

absinthe beginner wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:42 am
I'm close to designating an assembly point, Moar Corps. I believe another TB house call may be in order.
In

bodyparts
Favorite Zombie Movies: land of the dead

Post by bodyparts » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:53 pm

91Eunozs wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:18 am
absinthe beginner wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:42 am
In
in for that as well!!

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:06 pm

I’m in the Pac NW down near Olympia for some training through Thursday...fly back to Tejas Friday. Based on the geography of the tale, methinks he’s up here somewhere.

What famous authors live up here? Terry Brooks who wrote the Shannara series, as well as a couple others...one of my favorite series of all time is what turned out to be a prequel to Shannara, the one that started with Running with the Demon; also one of my favorite authors btw.

Garth Stein live up here I think (Art of Racing in the Rain)...writing is as engaging for sure.

Who else could TB actually be? My bet’s on Terry Brooks if for no other reason than the initials!

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:10 am

91Eunozs wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:06 pm
I’m in the Pac NW down near Olympia for some training through Thursday...fly back to Tejas Friday. Based on the geography of the tale, methinks he’s up here somewhere.

What famous authors live up here? Terry Brooks who wrote the Shannara series, as well as a couple others...one of my favorite series of all time is what turned out to be a prequel to Shannara, the one that started with Running with the Demon; also one of my favorite authors btw.

Garth Stein live up here I think (Art of Racing in the Rain)...writing is as engaging for sure.

Who else could TB actually be? My bet’s on Terry Brooks if for no other reason than the initials!
Well shit! Message me if you want to grab a drink! I’m north of Tacoma. It could meet somewhere. There are some great eateries in Tacoma.

OT: hmmmmmmmmmmmm you have an interesting logic there!

Hunt4lyf

Post by Hunt4lyf » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Sure would like some more story to read TB!

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:35 pm

Hunt4lyf wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:59 pm
Sure would like some more story to read TB!
This

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:29 pm

Hunt4lyf said: Sure would like some more story to read TB!
Or to summarize, MOAR!!!!

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:46 pm

New month, new cry for MOAR!

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: All the Milla movies and Shaun of the Dead
Location: There's no place I can be since I've found (hoosier) Serenity.

Post by FlashDaddy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:40 pm

Dear TB,

It’s been a long time. It’s been a long time. It’s been a long time. It’s been a long, long, long, long lonely time.

Please sir, post MOAR!
- Flash

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

Hunt4lyf

Post by Hunt4lyf » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:04 pm

I sent TB a pm a few hours ago asking for some more chapters, he's always replied back to them any time I've sent them. It may take a couple weeks but I'm sure he'll come through sometime soon.

Hunt4lyf

Post by Hunt4lyf » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:30 am

I just received a PM from TB and he's having a challenging time (to put it lightly) right now but he IS working on MOAR chapters to the story.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 91Eunozs » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:49 pm

Hunt4lyf wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:30 am
I just received a PM from TB and he's having a challenging time (to put it lightly) right now but he IS working on MOAR chapters to the story.
Thank you... Appreciate the update.

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: All the Milla movies and Shaun of the Dead
Location: There's no place I can be since I've found (hoosier) Serenity.

Post by FlashDaddy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:24 pm

I feel we have gotten to know TB over the years that our lives have been made better by this incredibly well written story. We are all great fans of this wonderful writer. And I know we all wish him success in overcoming these challenges. So, TB, keep fighting! Fight off that zero belted into the passenger seat! Escape from the wrecked car! You can do it!
- Flash

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

Chad1387

Post by Chad1387 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:38 pm

Just read the latest installment or two. Excellent. Just excellent.
It flabbergasts me that I/we get to enjoy such high quality and creative writing absolutely free of charge.
TB, the work/product that you put out on this here forum is incredible. I can only imagine the dedication and workmanship that you put into other aspects of your life.
Thanks again!

Return to “Fiction”