It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:41 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

It was almost too late when he reacted, but he managed to swing his left arm like a club and knock the zombie off his chest and create some distance. He shot his hips back and managed to get into a kneeling position as the thing was rising back to it's feet. He could tell by the uniform that it was Javier, their maintenance man. He could also tell that someone, possibly Ben Castillo, had done a real number on his face before Javier had succombed to his wounds.

Most of his facial features were completely ripped off and there were spots where the teeth had carved so deeply into him that you could see bare skull. It was a truly awful sight, and must have been an incredibly painful way to die. Javier's reanimated corpse snarled again but Mark had already brought his rifle into a ready position and slammed the barrel into the zombie's jaw with as much force as he could generate from his knees. As Javier's body fell to the ground from the impact, Mark quickly pressed the barrel into his forehead and ended his miserable second existence.

He stood there for a moment, recollecting himself before he continued on. As he reached the door to the training building again he loudly knocked on it, and brought his rifle up into his shoulder socket. He was hopeful that his plan had worked, no snarling, teeth-gnashing, monsters came barrelling out of the dark at him this time. As he moved into the main hallway the automatic sensors picked up his movement and lights began flickering on throughout the building.

The hallways shaped an "L" around the main training area and he decided to clear the one to his left first. Each hallway consisted of four offices, with a large window so his task wasn't too arduous. It was an incredibly intense five minutes, but he cleared the building as thoroughly as possible and was happy that almost all of his co-workers had abandoned the station for their homes. Satisfied that his work in this building was done, he made his way back to the van and found Rita attempting to quiet their screaming toddler.

"I'm surprised every zombie in New Mexico isn't all over us right now." Rita said.

"Find the bright side, probably means there aren't any stragglers left in the parking lot." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

She nodded agreement "What do we do now?"

"The building is clear, just one close call at the entrance. The old janitor. Why don't you get him in there and try to calm him down. I'll unload the stuff we took from that house."

She wrapped their still screaming son in her arms and hurried into the building, glancing around the mostly empty parking lot as she did so. It warmed Mark's heart to see her survival extinct coming out like that.

Two trips later and he made his way back to the van for the last of the supplies, the stockpile of booze he'd pilfered from the house. As he lifted the rear gate of the van he heard what sounded like a large diesel engine coming roaring up the highway leading to the station. Mark quickly shut the tailgate and positioned himself behind the front of the van, where the engine block provided him with the most protection should he need it.

He was relieved when he recognized the vehicle pulling up to the front gate. The blue Chevy Silverado 2500 with the loud exhaust and lift kit could belong to only one person, the man he'd started this whole fucked up experience with, Armando Reyes.

He was already getting out from behind cover, but as the big diesel engine rumbled he started to hear other noises, the growling and snarling floating across the quiet desert could only mean one thing, the infected were following Armando right here. He sprinted to the landing in front of the training building and slammed the door shut that he'd propped open and then ran back to the parking lot. The gate was slowly rolling open and Mark started running towards the front of his friends pickup truck.

He was thankful he'd thought to wave his arms around to distinguish himself from one of the infected cannibals that had surely been terrorizing Armando for the past 30 miles or so. Armando gave him the slightest of nods and pulled his truck into a parking space within feet of Mark.

Mark couldn't help noticing that Armando's wife and children were not in the truck as his friend rushed out carrying only his service pistol in his right hand.

"...They...are....right behind me!" He managed to gasp out.

"It's okay! Get behind this van and we'll wait for them!"

They didn't have to wait long, the gate to the station compound had motion sensors placed a few feet in front of it so if an Agent tried to piggy back behind another one who'd already punched in the code, the gate wouldn't close on his vehicle and the gate would re-open completely. The function they'd all used to skirt into the station at the last minute was now working to their detriment.

As the gate had almost rolled completely shut, the first of the infected had wedged his body in the gap the gate had not finished closing yet and the entire thing rolled wide open again.

Some form of "Oh Fuck" escaped the lips of both Armando and Mark as they took bead on the first zombies through the gate. They started letting rounds fly down range as a small army of zombies poured through the gate and instantly honed in on the sound of the gun shots.

Luckily, it was a relatively small group that had followed Armando to the gates and they had dispatched the twenty or so zombies fairly quickly.

"We'd better get inside quick, I already cleared the training building, Rita and Logan are in there now...hey where are..."

"Don't." Armando said gruffly and shouldered his way past his friend.

Marks heart broke for his friend and what that must mean, Armando had lost his wife and two kids.

Snarls floated across the desert and Mark knew be had to get back inside and out of sight before more of those things showed up at the gates. He quickly followed his friend inside and saw him sitting in the break room just inside the door, head in his hands, the picture of a defeated man.

Knowing that Armando didn't want to talk but doing it anyway be placed a hand on his shoulder "When you need to I'm here. We're over in the main room."

Armando waved one hand dismissively and Mark took the hint. He turned on his feet and walked down the hall to his wife and their son.

"Who's here?" She inquired.

"It's Mando, he's by himself." His voice cracked as he spoke the words. Armando, his wife Monica, and their two younger daughters were regular fixtures whenever he had a get together at the house and vice versa at Armando's. He had watched Armando's little girls play with his son countless times, and drank plenty of cold drinks with their mom and dad. His heart broke for what he must be feeling.

Rita was equally saddened, and he watched a tear roll down her face as she hugged their son tight to her chest. They sat there in silence for what seemed like a long time before Mark finally broke it.

"What a fucking day, where did you put the beers from the other house?"

"Already in the fridge in that break room."

He sighed...needing a drink to calm himself down but not wanting to face his friend again just yet.

"Did I hear right that you've got beer in this place, you fucking lush? I'll have you reported to IA."

Mark jumped at the sound of Armando's voice coming from behind him.

"I'm so sorry Armando." Rita said.

"Nothing I can do about it now, might help me if I could talk about it and a beer would be even better."

"You got it buddy." Mark clapped his friend on the shoulder and was back within seconds, carrying three beers in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other. He twisted the caps of the beers for Armando and Rita and then did the same for his wife. Mark sat on top of the desk next to his wife and son and Armando did the same on the desk opposite his.

Armando took a long sip of his beer, a deep breath, and spoke. "I got home that night it all went to shit, and started getting all our things together so we could get out of the city in the morning, once I had gotten some rest. Well...things went to shit on our side of town fast. I panicked and woke everyone up, said we had to get out of these ASAP, said there was no time to waste. They believed me and they did everything I said."

His voice was cracking frequently and he had to stop talking at this point, finishing his beer with one long pull and setting it down on the desk next to him. Mark decided to give him a minute to get himself together so he made his way back to the refrigerator. He drained his beer there and pulled two more out, he twisted off the caps as he made his way back to the main room. He handed one to Armando who promptly took another sip.

"Thanks. Well, someone must have hit a pole in the neighborhood and all the lights were off outside. My truck was in the driveway and we got attacked by ten or twelve of those fucking things. They dragged the girls off first...they screamed...Monica followed and they pounced on her. I did the same, I honestly hoped they'd kill me then too, but I started firing my H&K, I took a whole bunch of them out before the last two saw me. I put those mother fuckers down quick." He took another deep breath but it didn't stop his voice from cracking as he continued "The girls were gone, there was nothing I could do for them. They didn't even look like my daughters anymore, Mon was still alive, but just barely. I got down by her to tell her good bye and after she said 'I love you', she asked me to end it for her. So I did the last nice thing I ever could for my wife and put a bullet on her head."

Armando didn't look up as he finished his tale, but Mark could see the tears falling from his face. They all sat in silence for a few minutes, this time it was Armando who broke it.

"I'm gonna go sleep on Ricks office, I'll see you guys in the morning."

"Good night buddy, I'm really sorry about all this."

Armando either heard his condolences or chose to ignore them as he walked away. Mark heard him grab a few more beers out of the refrigerator and then the shutting of a door on the other side of the building.

Mark slid his arm around his wife and sat there holding her until Logan interrupted their grief.

"Mama, I hungry."

"I got you bud." Mark ruffled his sons hair and stood up.

"NO! Mommy!" The toddler raised his voice.

"The more things change..." He said sarcastically to Rita as she went digging through their boxes of pilfered food to feed the whiny child.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:38 pm 

Hope Armando isn't gonna do his brains.Guess you couldn't blame him though. Great post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:04 am 

Oh yeah! I'm enjoying this story, thanks for writting it for us to enjoy.
Now, all we need is LOTS MOAR.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:11 pm 

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
And on Vlalentines Day we write ...MMMORRRRE. I just kill myself sometimes.
To all have a nice Valentines Day. :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:19 am 

Was reading this while the MIT event unfolded... Anyone think Z-309 is gonna continue?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:30 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Mission_Survivor wrote:
Was reading this while the MIT event unfolded... Anyone think Z-309 is gonna continue?

Thanks for the reminder, I plan to. Hopefully I can start knocking some more stuff out tomorrow.

Digging your av by the way, Colossus is my favorite X-man.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:23 am 

Z-309-- great you are going to continue with this story.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:40 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Nancy1340 wrote:
Z-309-- great you are going to continue with this story.

Thanks

Thank you and I apologize for not doing so earlier. Lot's of personal stuff going on but hopefully I can get some writing done soon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:26 am 

Great so far!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:10 pm 

I will be waiting.Make good on it.Or else. I'll check back tomorrow. LOL. :rofl:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:41 am 

glad you are back, hope things get settled so you may continue the story line.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:42 pm 

Okay, I'm hooked. What happens next? :awesome:

Beowolf wrote:
Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.

wee drop o' bush wrote:
THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:14 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Sorry guys, soon I promise!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:24 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Keep it up

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:37 pm 

Ah come on you prrommised,I'm being good and not hassling you and not even going MOAR or none of that cornball stuff.PPPLLLLEEEASE.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:45 pm 

Oh know you couldn't have forgotten us.Could you? O.K. Z I'll keep checking back.Devoted fan for life.Ardent admirer of your writing skills.Great all round writer and story teller.And one heck of a good imagination for stories such as this.Did I mention I'm a fan? :D :D
But no hurry though,take your time and be the best you can be at telling a great story.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:32 pm 

<sigh>.... I thought there was an update.

We are still waiting... :ohdear:

moar plz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:10 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I'm sorry guys, I really didn't have a concrete plan for once they got to the station but I've received a lot of inspiration/motivation lately. I have scrapped chapters in the past few weeks because they sucked but I think I can have something good put together soon now that I have a good direction for the story.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:49 pm 

Good to see an update!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:11 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Grinding guys, time is tough to come by right now but I am working. Hope to have a sizeable chunk written and edited soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:38 pm 

Oh so not cool Z, was checking the board and saw an update by you and thought this is it this is it :clap: Let down,but I know you are thinking of us now. :)
Updates FTW.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:52 pm 

I see it's correct in your sig, but the title of this thread is still "Zombie's" You can edit the title on the original post and fix it.

Also, I enjoyed reading it, so much like everyone else says, post more. ;)

mzmadmike wrote:
I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:35 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

tagged

"If you are prepped for pandemic flu, you are more than prepped for Ebola. And pandemic flu is hella more likely, that's the one that scares me, personally." - Duodecima...and she's a freaking doctor. What are you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:50 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Wife and kids are leaving to visit family for 15 days tomorrow morning. Should give me plenty of time to write, the ideas are there just the time isn't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next