Zombie's Across the Border

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Re: Zombie's Across the Border

Post by Halfapint » Sun May 28, 2017 4:37 pm

I DONT KNOW HOW I MISSED THIS!!!!! Just spend the last hour or so reading through everything! This is a great story! I'm scared that it's been going on since 2012, and only a few updates.

I'm sorry to say but I've been added to the MOAR Corps for this story! Please update soon Z309!!!!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

SamAdams

Post by SamAdams » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Update request

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:25 pm

SamAdams wrote:Update request

"Update request" = MOAR! MOAR! MOAR!
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

Zombie309
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Zombie309 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Writing an addition as we speak. Sorry it's been so long guys!
Check out my book, Zombies Across the Border, in the Fiction section and let me know what you think!

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Thu May 24, 2018 7:03 pm

:clap:
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Zombie309
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Zombie309 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:36 pm

The three men each grabbed one of the surplus Marine rucksacks and began throwing as much gear as they could into them. Colt M4’s, UMP 40s, shotguns, dozens of pre-loaded magazines, night vision goggles, and thermal optics all filled the packs until the seams were perilously close to tearing. The three men moved quickly back to the training building in the dying sunlight practically giggling at their haul.

The breakroom emanated the sweet and piney scent of CLP as Mark and Mando prepped their gear for the next day. Rita rolled a spare 5.56 round across the laminate floor with Logan while Arroyo studied a technical manual he had found regarding the huge natural gas generators that powered the compound.

“I think I’m ready.” Mando stated.

“Yeah, me too.” Mark replied. They each had their ballistic vests covered with as many magazines as they could fit. The little space not used by life taking equipment was occupied by a (hopefully) life saving first aid kit. Neither man knew the exact mechanisms of the disease yet, but having tourniquets, bandages, and antibiotic cream on hand seemed like a good idea.

Mark felt a cold wetness on his bare shoulder and when he turned, was face to face with one of the remaining bottles of beer. Rita smiled at him as she twisted the cap off and tossed it over her shoulder.

“You boys better finish these off, if Arroyo can’t figure out how to keep these gennys running there won’t be many more cold ones left.”

“I don’t think I’ve ever loved you more than I do this very second.” Mark said with a sly smile.

Rita rolled her eyes as Mark took a long drag from the bottle. She presented Joaquin and Mando with a beer as well and together all four of them drained them. Soon one became three and three became six. Before they knew it they each held one of the last four beers in their hands, sitting around the break room. Logan had long since been retired to one of the training mats and was sound asleep while the adults made an honest attempt at normalcy.

“What if nothing goes back to normal? What if this is it?” Mando inquired.

A long silence followed as the gathered contemplated this very real possibility.

“Then we make our own little kingdom here.” Mark replied.

“Kingdom?” Mando replied while peering over his beer.

“Yeah, I mean what else are we going to do? We’re hundreds of miles away from any other population center. We’ve got all the gear we need, there’s cattle ranches everywhere, the Rio Grande is ten miles away, and I reckon we could fit fifty people in this compound comfortably. We could really make a good start here.”

“He’s got a good point.” Joaquin chimed in. “If we can find the right people we’ve got a good set up here.”

With a loud sniffle Rita pushed away from the table and stumbled towards the office where Logan slept. Mark rolled his eyes and reluctantly followed, mentally steeling himself for what was to come.

When he arrived in the office he immediately felt guilty for dismissing his wife’s feelings so quickly. She looked like a high schooler, huddled in the corner and hugging her knees the way she was. He slowly slid against the wall while wrapping his arm around her. The first thing he noticed was his own stench, he desperately needed a shower.

“Wanna talk about what’s wrong?” The absurdity of his question was already smacking him in the face by the time the words had left his mouth.

“What’s wrong? Everything is wrong! Mark…we almost died a dozen times just a few days ago! Now you and Mando are about to go on some save the fucking world mission in the morning?! What if you don’t come back? Joaquin is supposed to take care of us?”

Mark had to admit, she was doing an excellent job of keeping her voice from rising, clearly for the benefit of Logan. Besides, what was there to say? She was right. There was a chance him and Mando got in over their heads as soon as they reached the suburbs and ended up like Dave Medina.

“Look babe, I understand you’re upset. But this is reality for right now. Mando and I have a duty, not just to the people out there but to you guys too. We have to make this place as safe and secure as possible. The facts are simple, if those…things…make their way out of the city and find this place, there is no way we can fight them off just the four of us. Not to mention what if one of us gets sick or hurt? We need people here to help us.”

Rita didn’t reply for a long time, and Mark watched her drain the dregs of her beer before she did.

“I know…but you come back to me Mark Holliday. You understand me? Don’t make me find a new guero when this is all said and done.” She finished with a slight smile.

“Claro que si. I’ll be so quick it’ll be like I never left.”

Twelve Hours Later

Mark and Mando each gave each other a smirk of false bravado as they rolled out of the front gate of their compound. They each had an M4 lodged in the space between the center console and their bucket seats. A pair of Remington 870’s, complete with a bandolier of slugs were secured in the storage racks in between them. They had chosen a Chevy Tahoe for this first venture into the apocalypse, one of the few rides that didn’t have a steel cage divider for transporting prisoners.

“So, we’re only going as far as the first neighborhood and then turning back right?” Mark asked his longtime friend.

“Yeah, that sounds fair to me. Even if it only takes an hour, we can branch out further tomorrow. I’d rather clear our AOR little by little and make sure we aren’t leaving anything behind us.” Mando replied.

“Good copy.” Mark confirmed. They’d discussed this at length the night before and the entire time they’d been prepping their gear this morning. But Mark wanted to make sure they were still on the same page. As much as he was tempted to punch the gas on the Tahoe like he did in his previous life as a Patrol Agent, he kept the throttle to a minimum and cruised the empty highways leading away from the station at a reasonable thirty miles per hour.

Even at that speed it only took 10 minutes to reach the nearest neighborhood. It was a nice neighborhood full of new construction homes and populated by the upper middle class. In a strictly clinical way, Mark wondered how this neighborhood had faired in the 72 hours since total collapse had hit their region.
Check out my book, Zombies Across the Border, in the Fiction section and let me know what you think!

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun May 27, 2018 11:33 pm

Welcome back... here’s to a new beginning.

For Mark and the team...and the story!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

DAVE KI
Favorite Zombie Movies: WWZ though nowhere as good as the book.

Post by DAVE KI » Mon May 28, 2018 10:02 pm

Welcome back stranger! Glad to see this one up and going! Thanx for the new post I really enjoyed it!
"We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

Sheriff McClelland

Post by Sheriff McClelland » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:49 pm

I'm ready for moar .

Thank you .
"Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up. "

Return to “Fiction”