The Dead at Destitute Mountain

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.
Hunt4lyf

Re: The Dead at Destitute Mountain

Post by Hunt4lyf » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:55 am

So I received a PM from TB, he is now aware of what is happening and he also all my contact info and said he’ll be in touch. I also have him a link to the new website so hopefully he can continue his story over there.

akraven

Post by akraven » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:17 pm

Fantastic Hunty4lyf! Hopefully TB will sign up over there and post when he is up to it!

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:25 pm

If TB wishes to continue his story, he's more than welcome to do so over at http://www.ufozs.com/.

We'd love to have him over there.

The same goes for any ZS fiction writer. Y'all are more than welcome to bring your stories over and post them in our new fiction section. :D
To all my friends I've made over the years on ZS, I'll see y'all around.

Thanks for putting up with me since 2009.
:D

Come start a new adventure at http://www.ufozs.com/

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Hunt4lyf wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:55 am
So I received a PM from TB, he is now aware of what is happening and he also all my contact info and said he’ll be in touch. I also have him a link to the new website so hopefully he can continue his story over there.
Woohoo! Great news. I’m sure with all that’s been going on in his life writing isn’t a high priority. I’ve offered it before but I’ll offer it again. I’d be more than willing to donate to help him out. While money doesn’t saliva everything, smit sure as hell help a lot.

I don’t remember who said it, but money doesn’t buy happiness, but you’ve never seen a person frowning on a skidoo.
Join us over at the new forum. Same people, same rules, new smell!

https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:52 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:59 pm
Hunt4lyf wrote:
Woohoo! Great news. I’m sure with all that’s been going on in his life writing isn’t a high priority. I’ve offered it before but I’ll offer it again. I’d be more than willing to donate to help him out. While money doesn’t saliva everything, smit sure as hell help a lot.

I don’t remember who said it, but money doesn’t buy happiness, but you’ve never seen a person frowning on a skidoo.
That may have been Daniel Tosh that said that.

It was either him or Bill Engvall.
To all my friends I've made over the years on ZS, I'll see y'all around.

Thanks for putting up with me since 2009.
:D

Come start a new adventure at http://www.ufozs.com/

Hunt4lyf

Post by Hunt4lyf » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:41 am

Halfapint wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:59 pm
Hunt4lyf wrote:

I mentioned that in a pm but he never responded to that offer so I’m going to assume it’s not needed, he lost a couple loved ones very close together which has impacted him and his family greatly, more emotionally than monetarily I’m thinking.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:32 am

Hunt4lyf wrote:
Thank you…seriously, thank you.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Hunt4lyf

Post by Hunt4lyf » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:58 am

91Eunozs wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:32 am
Hunt4lyf wrote:
Thank you…seriously, thank you.
No problem at all. I’m just glad he got back to me because it would have bothered me forever if he didn’t.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:17 am

Well, one day before ZS goes dark, and I’ll likely not have another opportunity to post before then, so I thought I’d post in this thread one last time to let TB know how much this story has meant to me over the years.

It has provided many hours of simple entertainment and so much more through a tale very well told…I learned a lot along the way with so many profundities brought forth in the telling. Some truly introspective moments in my life came about as a result of this seemingly simple fictional tale.

Very few people, let alone authors, have impacted me so profoundly without a physical presence in my life. I know the past year has been exceptionally difficult for you, and appreciate all you have shared with us ever the years all the more as a result.

Just snipped your entries and reviewed this one so far…600K+ words in almost 1,300 pages, spread across at least three very substantial novels. That’s a life’s work for most professional authors…simply amazing.

I PM’d you my contact info and truly hope we have a chance to meet in real life some day. I’d love to buy you an adult beverage or have a talk about this story over dinner.

And I hope this tale lives on somewhere after ZS goes dark; it deserves to be continued, and maybe even published some day.

Thanks for the memories TB…

Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Hunt4lyf

Post by Hunt4lyf » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:31 pm

91Eunozs wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:17 am
Well, one day before ZS goes dark, and I’ll likely not have another opportunity to post before then, so I thought I’d post in this thread one last time to let TB know how much this story has meant to me over the years.

It has provided many hours of simple entertainment and so much more through a tale very well told…I learned a lot along the way with so many profundities brought forth in the telling. Some truly introspective moments in my life came about as a result of this seemingly simple fictional tale.

Very few people, let alone authors, have impacted me so profoundly without a physical presence in my life. I know the past year has been exceptionally difficult for you, and appreciate all you have shared with us ever the years all the more as a result.

Just snipped your entries and reviewed this one so far…600K+ words in almost 1,300 pages, spread across at least three very substantial novels. That’s a life’s work for most professional authors…simply amazing.

I PM’d you my contact info and truly hope we have a chance to meet in real life some day. I’d love to buy you an adult beverage or have a talk about this story over dinner.

And I hope this tale lives on somewhere after ZS goes dark; it deserves to be continued, and maybe even published some day.

Thanks for the memories TB…

Well said and I completely agree

akraven

Post by akraven » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:06 pm

I have to agree also. He wrote an amazing story and I will hope he will continue it somehow. Thank you TB for sharing so much with us. Take care. Akraven

Tinderbox

Post by Tinderbox » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:51 pm

Thank you, everyone. Thanks to the people who put this site together, to those who maintained it and thanks to all of you excellent people whose user names I've come to know over the years. You're all extremely clever and inventive and I count myself lucky to have met you.

I'd like to do some editing and make a change or two to the story before reposting it again, maybe over at http://www.ufozs.com/ if they'll have it.

I wish you all the best.

Your friend, Paul
"...the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire..."

Barr
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Holy Trilogy of Dawn, Night and Day, Land of the Dead, Survival of the Dead, Diary of the Dead, Fido, Shaun of the Dead, hell all of them really

Post by Barr » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:10 am

We would love to have you Tinderbox.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:Fuck it I'm Zombie Squad. I got this shit

NT2C
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by NT2C » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:32 am

Tinderbox wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:51 pm
Thank you, everyone. Thanks to the people who put this site together, to those who maintained it and thanks to all of you excellent people whose user names I've come to know over the years. You're all extremely clever and inventive and I count myself lucky to have met you.

I'd like to do some editing and make a change or two to the story before reposting it again, maybe over at http://www.ufozs.com/ if they'll have it.

I wish you all the best.

Your friend, Paul
Consider this a gold-plated, engraved invitation to come post your stuff on our site. http://ufozs.com/smf
With ZS shutting down these forums on July 1st most of the cool kids have moved to a brand new site:

www.ufozs.com

It's not ZS, it's ... different. 8-)

See you there!