Beauregard

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Ike

Re: Beauregard

Post by Ike » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Where can I find dead river

Scratch

Post by Scratch » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:44 pm

I still missed how Sean was able to find tThe Pit from their cabin or Town. I did not think they knew the way. Weren't they blindfolded coming and going from there?*

Ike

Post by Ike » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:00 pm

It was part of the second interrogation.

Ponyboy314

Post by Ponyboy314 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Scratch wrote:I still missed how Sean was able to find tThe Pit from their cabin or Town. I did not think they knew the way. Weren't they blindfolded coming and going from there?*
The second time that Sean and the others visited a cabin, they tortured the hunter they found (Del Chappel, the guy who also had the huge revolver Sean took). He was the one who told them.
"If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and there's a straw, there it is, that's a straw...and my straw reaches...acrosssssssss the room, and begins to drink your milkshake. I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE! SLURRRP! I DRINK IT UP!

Ponyboy314

Post by Ponyboy314 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:13 pm

Ike wrote:Where can I find dead river
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Ponyboy314" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There you go.

PB
"If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and there's a straw, there it is, that's a straw...and my straw reaches...acrosssssssss the room, and begins to drink your milkshake. I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE! SLURRRP! I DRINK IT UP!

FIDO

Post by FIDO » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:29 pm

PonyBoy, I am stuck in the worst hellhole you could think of overseas with nothing to really get all excited over, so when I finally get the free time to log on and look around, it sure is nice to just ignore reality for the moment and read the art you have put time and effort into writing for a bunch of total strangers when you could've sent the manuscript to a publisher or a movie director, but it nice to see someone of your caliber giving your all and doing what you love.
Couple of the guys around the DFAC browsed a little bit over my shoulder and thought it was interesting, love how you tied this one in with But With A Whimper, absolute genius, I had to go back and read it before I made the connection.
Can't say it enough, but thank you and keep on doing what you love PB.

FIDO out.
The Hardest Thing About The Zombie Apocalypse Would Be Pretending That I'm Not Excited.

Fear Me Not, I Shall Create Peace... After Kicking Ass And Taking Names First

"let any man stand before the mast and show his iron, for I shall measure it with my own steel and cut him down

"You, you and you, panic."

goofygurl
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by goofygurl » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:45 pm

Thanks so much PB!!

Ten Eight

Post by Ten Eight » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:57 am

BRAVO!
"You don't understand! I coulda' had class. I coulda' been a contender. I coulda' been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."

Ashurah
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Ashurah » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:36 pm

When I read the last line about greg being found by henry dane, I literally had chills and just about shuddered. I don't know how you do it, PB, but you do it better than any author I know. I am in awe. I'm hoping that this won't be the last time we hear of beauregard. Someone has to explain how they came across the "munchers."

Edited to add the thought that maybe PB's war story - I think it's called 1919 - could fit into this cannon with this new info. Seems like the zombies have been around for a very long time. Also edited for spelling error.
camlost wrote:
MonsterZero wrote:When did this become a hunting expedition?
There's an unspoken belief among the users of this forum.
"That which was once dead should remain dead and should it once again walk the earth, duty decrees that it must be sent back from whence it came. Preferably in the most bad-ass way possible. "

I would assume this applies to dinosaurs.

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:41 pm

I hope we someday get to read the story of Sean and Erin going back for their own hunting trip.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Laager

Post by Laager » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:35 pm

RoneKiln wrote:I hope we someday get to read the story of Sean and Erin going back for their own hunting trip.
I'm 100% behind you on this idea..........
“Complacency kills. Paranoia is the reason I’m still alive.” If we do happen to make contact, I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of ya.

GotMak

Post by GotMak » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:41 am

Yeah, I think that's a pretty common sentiment
"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of Democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." George Orwell

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:16 am

Just finished up... meant to go to bed at 11:00 & finish up tomorrow... couldn't stop reading. Now my eyes feel like there's sand in them, thanks PB :lol:

Raven927

Post by Raven927 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Just finished it. Great tale PB, I loved the tie in and can't wait to read more. Excellent job.
crypto wrote:The Ruger Hokey-Pokey

YOU PUT THE MAGAZINE IN
YOU TAKE THE MAGAZINE OUT
YOU TURN IT UPSIDE-DOWN AND THEN YOU SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT
YOU YELL SOME MOTHERFUCKERS THEN YOU BEAT THE SPRING BACK OUT
THATS-WHAT-ITS-ALL-ABOUT!

SPQR

Post by SPQR » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:53 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PB does it again!

complex57

Post by complex57 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:11 am

Great story, as usual. Thanks for sharing this, it made a really boring shift go by much faster.

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Thu May 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Excellent job again, Ponyboy!
Boldly going nowhere

bad_karma00

Post by bad_karma00 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:10 am

I just read this whole thing in one sitting. Awesome, awesome work. You really are a first rate writer, and more than that, you are a spinner, a web weaver, of a story teller. Everything connects, no loose ends, just a great story.

Thanks for all that hard work!

Bad
"Pain is scary."
http://badkarma00.wordpress.com/
SO SAY WE ALL

Sheriff McClelland

Post by Sheriff McClelland » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:01 pm

I couldn't put it down . You have real talent sir :clap:

This line floored me 8-)
... So if you want sympathy, it’s in the dictionary between ‘shit’ and ‘syphilis.’ ...”
"Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up. "

jackorchuck
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Hord

Post by jackorchuck » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Ponyboy you are an outstanding writer, this was a great story which I thoroughly enjoyed.

bad_karma00

Post by bad_karma00 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:38 am

I wanted to add that while I've enjoyed most all of your work a great deal, this just might be your best story ever. That's how much I like it.

Bad
"Pain is scary."
http://badkarma00.wordpress.com/
SO SAY WE ALL

Johnnie_T

Post by Johnnie_T » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:42 am

This was an amazing story!
I've enjoyed every one of your stories very much. Your character development is amazing and you have a way of creating antagonists that any reader could hate after just a few paragraphs. Fantastic talent.

As an aside, my family has lived in Tennessee for a long time. I escaped right after high school but occasionally go back for a visit. Your description of Beauregard accurately describes most of the western half of the state, and almost mirrors the real-life cities up and down HWY 51.

DAVE KI
Favorite Zombie Movies: WWZ though nowhere as good as the book.

Post by DAVE KI » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:10 am

Finished reading for the third time. They don't get any better than PB stories. But as an aside. Seems they would be hard pressed to find anyone to hunt Sean down that wasn't scared to death of him.
"We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

dogmanan

Post by dogmanan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:47 pm

Well dude another fine story.

THANK YOU

Return to “Fiction”