Black Powder Training?

Training questions, approaches and reports

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

IronKnuckles

Black Powder Training?

Post by IronKnuckles » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:06 am

I would like to challenge each and every single member of chapter 22 to see who is the better black powder shot. You can get your ass whoopin at http://nmlra.org/wp-content/uploads/201 ... -Maine.pdf Losers can buy me a drink at the local watering hole, or just comment on the severe beating I will be handing out in the competition and tell all chapter 22 minute men that I am the king of minute men. Good luck chups!!!

I have only fired my black powders like 3 times, but by july I'm sure I'll figure it out. If I lose I'll buy the drinks and tell ever one how great you are.
So I have minimal black powder experience and I only own a humble Jukar 45 cap lock. I think the competition sounds fun and I spend most days either neck deep in work or dying of boredom.
My questions are have any of you competed in anything like this? What was your experience? What did you use as your firearm? How much did you train?
If I put 1000 rounds down range in 4 weeks will I likely be near amateur competition level or will I more likely be a jive turkey that is quickly and easily stomped by veterans?
Do I have enough time to tweek my powder wad and shot? Or should I just stick with what I already have and train hard with it?
Should I be using some super cap lock pistol grip method because I don't think I know one.
I generally use a Chapman stance, should I adjust to Isosceles or Weaver?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Maverick299 wrote:Where's the government bailout for Hostess? I would have survived just fine without Chevy or Chrysler, but life without strawberry fruit pies seems kinda pointless.
AK_Stick wrote:Pretty much always be a need for people who can kill people, or work on stuff.

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Re: Black Powder Training?

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Don't train too hard, focus on 'snapping in.'
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

Return to “Training”