Official MilCopp June 7-9 2013 AAR thread

Training questions, approaches and reports

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Greg Focker

Official MilCopp June 7-9 2013 AAR thread

Post by Greg Focker » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:55 am

gravediggerfour wrote:One of the students start up a AAR thread and link it up, it can even just be a place holder post if need be, tha way me and Dave can start posting up links, video , and pics.

Doc, Dave, and myself cant wait to see the AAR's its not just a tool for the students!
The short version: this class was Fucking Awesome. If you missed out, you really missed out.

My actual AAR will be posted in a day or three when I'm no longer typing on my phone, in the mean time this is the requested place holder thread so Chris and Dave can post videos/photos.

They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose,
They do not teach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when they damn-well choose.
-The Sons of Martha; R. Kipling

Chris@MTCT

Re: Official MilCopp June 7-9 2013 AAR thread

Post by Chris@MTCT » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:16 am

Tagged
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

Braxton
Favorite Zombie Movies: I love them all.

Post by Braxton » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am

Jeriah wrote: you are NEVER completely certain of any other human being: not your parents, not your brother, not your wife, nobody.
Actually I think under some circumstances people sometimes don't even know themselves, but that's a bit existential for this thread. :lol:

Greg Focker

Post by Greg Focker » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:11 am

gravediggerfour wrote:Tagged
Like a

?
Last edited by Greg Focker on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose,
They do not teach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when they damn-well choose.

DannusMaximus
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by DannusMaximus » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:44 pm

This is the 3rd Milcopp class I’ve attended, and I wanted to do a different take on my AAR. Crypto, Focker, and several others typically do detailed AAR’s that go into the drills we did and things they personally learned, and the instructors will post video and pictures that illustrate those skills. They’re better at doing that than I am and anything I posted on those particular topics would be redundant. Instead, I want to briefly state why I think there is a real world and important reason to take a class like this, and why the Average Joe would benefit from it.

I’m not a cop, contractor, security professional, or member of the military. I’m just some dude who has chosen to include firearms as part of my emergency preps and I carry daily to increase my survival rate if something bad happens to me or my family. I do like to shoot, but am not really a ‘gun guy’ who spends every weekend at the range. The odds of me ever getting into any type of armed altercation are extremely low, the odds of me ever being engaged in some of the scenarios we practiced at this class (reacting to an armed vehicle ambush with a bunch of other dudes all blasting away with AR’s and AK’s) is realistically nonexistent. So, why did I go to this class?

First of all “It’s fun as hell” is probably not a good enough reason for most people. The outlay in tuition, time, gas, lodging and equipment runs in the thousands of dollars. That’s real money to pretty much everybody I know, the equivalent per person cost of a nice Disney vacation or a substantial head-start on a needed or desired home-improvement project. In other words, a pretty serious financial and personal sacrifice just to hang with a fun group of guys and blast things all weekend.

Second of all, as I stated before the odds of me actually NEEDING some of the specific skills we practiced are essentially nil. I literally can’t imagine a scenario where I would be clearing a building with a buddy at night using carbines. However, I CAN imagine one of the following scenarios happening to me. Can you?

You wake up to the sound of breaking glass from your living room. Your heart begins to race as you reach for the pistol you keep beside your bed…

You are in line at a drive-up ATM when a person approaches your passenger side front window. Your son is sitting in the front passenger seat playing with his ipod with the window open. The person approaching has a knife tucked into his hand…

You are leaving a convenience store late at night when you are shoved to the ground by a man who is screaming obscenities. You land badly, breaking your wrist. The screaming man moves closer…

If you are a person who goes to the range to punch paper targets occasionally and has never taken a tactical firearms class before, let me assure you that you are absolutely, positively, not prepared for any of the above scenarios. That is not meant as an indictment of your manhood or womanhood, and it certainly isn’t meant to imply that you’re weak, incompetent, cowardly or incapable. It is simply fact. I’ve been involved in public safety for nearly 15 years, and know that people do not, as the saying goes, “rise to the occasion”. Instead, they “fall to their level of preparation”. Have you practiced room clearing techniques, or do you just know how they do it in the movies? Have you ever practiced drawing your EDC while seated in your car? Are you confident that you could engage a bad guy from your parked car without hitting yourself or a loved one who is sitting beside you? Have you experienced the concussion and flying glass associated with firing a handgun from inside your car? Did you know that vehicle glass is so hard that it might make the first shot you fire through your windshield completely ineffective? If your dominant hand is injured do you know any techniques for getting to your handgun, maybe reloading it or clearing a malfunction one-handed?

If the answer to any of the above questions is an honest ‘no’, then you need to seriously consider getting professional training, and I can verify (having taken other courses from other schools) that Milcopp Tactical is an exceptional value as far as quality and price. Dave, Doc, and Gravedigger are superb instructors, bringing a wealth of real-world experience. Their classes are serious and safe, but the atmosphere is always fun and laid back. They aren’t just standing there bullshitting with each other while you run a drill, they are actively engaged. More than once I had one of them tap me on the shoulder during a drill and give me some pointers, which means they were watching their students closely. They are not of the “this is the only way to do it” school of instruction, instead giving a variety of techniques and letting the student figure out what works best for them. The props are first rate, they are organized, they start and stop the class when they say they will, and they get active student input as far as the direction the class is moving. This translates into value for your dollars and time, a huge consideration when you are making a decision to attend a class.

Finally, it is indeed “fun as hell.” I always enjoy seeing guys from the forums that I’ve met before and meeting new people. The skill level of the students who showed up for this class was impressive - - I was immediately comfortable with moving and shooting around these guys. My ‘battle buddy’ (not a ZS guy but I think we talked him into it…) was a great gun - - during the Comm Loop drills I felt like we had achieved some sort of Vulcan Mind Meld we were moving around each other and communicating so well! I loved this group of students and instructors, and want to thank everybody for making this such a fun and productive training weekend.

Now, I'll let the guys who are better at such things describe in detail some of what we actually did...

ETA: Think holding a Coke can won't get you killed by Greg Focker? Think again... :twisted:
Last edited by DannusMaximus on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holmes: "You have arms, I suppose?
Watson: "Yes, I thought it as well to take them."
Holmes: "Most certainly! Keep your revolver near you night and day, and never relax your precautions..."

- The Hound of the Baskervilles

Greg Focker

Post by Greg Focker » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:59 pm

DannusMaximus wrote:ETA: Think holding a Coke can won't get you killed by Greg Focker? Think again... :twisted:
In my defense, my teammate's "gun" (for the people reading this who weren't there, this occurred while we were doing a dry run in the shoothouse with Airsoft M4's) went down and was yelling at me to shoot the target. So I did. And don't pretend that a lot of other people didn't shoot that Coke drinking sonofabitch :rofl:

But yeah, I was the only one to recognize the threat posed by your wife's evil twin and put her down... :clownshoes: :crazy:

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:00 pm

tagged for green eyed monster mutterings...
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Couple more photos. Many more to follow

Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:05 pm

docdredd wrote:tagged for green eyed monster mutterings...
Do you mean the, 'Four Eyed Monster Mutant'?--if so, that will be most likely be involved.
Dave Merrill

Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:03 am

Nice little write up Dannus.
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ten Eight

Post by Ten Eight » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:09 am

If I ever attend this, I'll be the only one without a beard :lol:.
"You don't understand! I coulda' had class. I coulda' been a contender. I coulda' been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:35 am

Ten Eight wrote:If I ever attend this, I'll be the only one without a beard :lol:.
Negative ghostrider, beards are issued when you pay your deposit.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Ten Eight

Post by Ten Eight » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:53 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Ten Eight wrote:If I ever attend this, I'll be the only one without a beard :lol:.
Negative ghostrider, beards are issued when you pay your deposit.
Haha.

"Hi. Does your training class come with a free ferret and glue?"
"You don't understand! I coulda' had class. I coulda' been a contender. I coulda' been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:51 am

No but it comes with enough Man Cred that your recessive scraggly beard will spontaneously pop out into full bloom at last.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:48 am

Short video (educational, not action) of an instructional period
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Jb-iJnnMI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave Merrill

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:23 pm

I'm going to post this AAR in 3 parts because its so goddamned long. Sorry for the length in advance.

After Action Report
Milcopp Tactical / Movement to Contact Tactical Advanced Pistol / Carbine 3-day Course, Houston MO 7-9 June 2013

Here’s my recollections of the weekend: They may be different than others’ and this isn’t meant to be a definitive record of the weekend, merely the parts that stand out for me.

Day 0
Braxton and I got to Houston around 7pm, and drove up to the range to quickly verify zero since we had been fucking around at a local short-range range since last dicking around with changes to our guns. After a mag or two we were happy and lit out for Wally World to pick up some supplies we realized we had forgotten at home: Sunscreen, bug juice, and nutsack powder, along with some food for the weekend at Braxton’s Hole. Greg Focker rolled in around 9 or 10, with a few thousand rounds of ammo in a rolling suitcase, and more luggage than an aristocrat taking a trans-Atlantic voyage. Fortunately there was cold beer to be had and we sat around drinking and listening to a hilarious mockingbird all night.

Day 1 (Diagnostics: or, “Proving you can run a gun”)

Class check-in was from 8 to 9am, we got a chance to meet our classmates: Mostly old training buddies from former Milcopp classes, but a fair amount of new faces. There were 8 students total, which was exciting because that meant there would be a lot of personal attention from the trainers. We got to sign a new and terrifying liability waiver that that had about a half dozen places to initial that we understood shooting was inherently dangerous and we might get hurt.

The class started with introductions, a summary of the course, and a solid safety briefing, and then we dove in. We started with a timed holster-to-first-shot cold drill, shot by ourselves with everyone looking on. After getting our time, we were introduced to the Wall of Fame/Shame, or as Dave and Chris called it, the “Accountability Tracker”. This was a large board where individual drill times were recorded. The objective was to get better as the weekend progressed. Its important to note that in these timed drills for record, the emphasis on accuracy was constantly stressed. Any drill that resulted in a hit outside the A-zone of the target got the time written in red ink on the board. Sometimes with a big frowny face.

The day progressed with more basic drills, repeated several times while Chris and Dave walked down the line, offering advice and correction where it was warranted.
• Holster draws. (timed)
• Shooting from low ready. (timed)
• Pistol transitions. (timed)
• Emergency reloads. (timed)
• One handed pistol shooting from the strong and weak sides.
• Weak-side rifle shooting.
• Shooting from behind cover.
• Shooting from behind a barricade.
• Unconventional shooting positions.
• Safe movement with a gun at the ready.
• Shooting while moving.

While the instructors were there to offer pointers, it was clear that these were things we were expected to already be comfortable and proficient at, and I was very happy to see that the whole class was up to speed, and no one ever needed remedial instruction. Everyone got along well, and the class was the right mix (to me) of serious purpose and comedy. Interspersed between drills was good verbal discussion about the hows and whys of various things we were doing, and good insights about things like reloads (always do admin reloads from your least accessible location, so your go-to mags are still there if you need them in a hurry, and backfill your go-to locations when possible). Dave and Chris informed us that we were expected to have a good ammunition management strategy, and that unless a training evolution or drill was intended to make us run dry, we should be planning ahead and not have to do any emergency reloads.

Night 1 (Though I walk through the valley of the shadow HOLY SHIT ITS DARK OUT HERE)

After an extended dinner break while we waited for the sun to go down, we gathered and listened to good verbal instruction on marginal light conditions and night fighting. The importance of a good weapons light was stressed, and it was a relief to see that everyone who had a gun with a rail also had a white light on it. The only rifle lacking a light was TheLastOne’s Maadi AK, but Soviet TTP was to illuminate the battlefield by setting your enemies on fire, so he got a pass.

Our night drills were a good mix of lighting technique, driving home the importance of displacement motion immediately following the use of a light, and the practice of using the after-image of a quick light strobe to aim and move. The big take-away from this was that optics on a rifle make things a whole lot easier, and tritium sights are damn near required to make a pistol effective. By the end of the night, the whole class was doing a good job of flashing a light, moving to the side, and either hitting the target without another pulse of light, or blipping the light on again and immediately taking a precision head shot. The use of steel plates for this was wonderful, it was really rewarding to take a shot in the dark and hear the steel ringing in response.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Day 2 (Army of Two, and oh-shit-I’m-standing downrange while people are shooting)

Day 2 started with a few more timed cold drills that went on the Accountability Tracker, and after some more individual drills that I don’t recall, we did the Baby Snake.

Baby Snake is one of those drills that people who train will have a really hard time explaining and justifying to people who don’t, because heres what it was: There are 2 targets 10 feet apart, a row of cones heading uprange of each target, and 4 dudes standing in a row between each pair of cones (see picture).

The drill starts with the shooter facing the targets and all of the non-shooters facing uprange. The shooter runs to a cone, fires, lowers and safes the weapon, and runs between non-shooters to the next opposite cone, and shoots again. Repeat a few more times. When the shooter reaches the last cone, he takes the last place in line and everyone moves forward, with the farthest person becoming the shooter. When everyone had run this drill twice, we did it again, but with all shooters facing downrange.

This is the kind of thing that looks terribly unsafe at first glance, and it certainly isn’t something you’ll do at an NRA class. Standing 10 yards downrange while someone is shooting at a target that’s 5 feet to your side is definitely flinch-inducing at first, but it served several *critically* important purposes for this class:

1. Getting you comfortable with being downrange of someone firing in close proximity to you.
2. Getting you comfortable with the skill level of your teammates.
3. Getting you familiar with knowing your firing angles.

I was very happy this drill was included, but I didn’t fully appreciate how important it was until later on.

Shortly after this drill, we chose our teammate for the remainder of class. We started team drills with an evolution called “Comm Loop”. This was a drill that sounds simple but involves a whole lot of communications with your partner: The object is to hit a steel target from each of the shooting holes in a the standard VTAC 4x6’plywood barricade. Each of you have to shoot through all the holes. At the same time. As you can imagine, this requires an enormous amount of coordination and communication to make sure people are out of each other’s way, while still remaining behind cover. We ran the drill once for familiarity, and once for recorded time on the Accountability Tracker. DannusMaximus and Gary (not yet in ZS) rocked the house on this drill, Braxton and I came in second.

We ran a timed drill called Barrel Race, that had 5 barrels set up 15 yards in front of 5 widely spread out targets. In this drill, the shooter would stand in front of the first barrel, while the non-shooter stood behind them. At the buzzer, the non-shooter would turn over 2 index cards with numbers on them. One color card had the location of the target to be shot, while the other card had the number and sometimes location of shots to be fired at said target. The non-shooter would yell them out to the shooter, who would then race to the correct target and perform the required action. The non-shooter had to race too, because on that targets barrels were another set of numbers to be called. The drill continued until all sets of cards were overturned, and then the teammates swapped roles. When 2 sets had been done, the combined time was recorded on the Tracker. This was a great drill, except for the first team's first run, when they realized they were accidentally caught in a Portal loop, because the numbers were sending them infinitely back and forth between 2 barrels. Once that was fixed, everyone had a blast, and the final shots of each run were pretty hard.

Then we got in to discussion of Extremely Small Teams tactics, which were really the heart of this course. We talked about how much of a disadvantage having 2 people clearing a structure is compared to having a larger team, and how one is best served by using overwhelming violence of action to make up for the lack of manpower. This translates into fast and committed entry into rooms, and continuous motion until the building is cleared. The point was made that slow and deliberate pie-slicing is likely to end in failure on a 2-man team, since there’s no extra help if one person gets hit while coming around a corner. Better to use speed and surprise to one’s advantage.

From there, it was over to Shoothouse #1. We talked about the critical importance of keeping tabs on where your partner is, and communicating who will move where once the room is entered. While no plans can be foolproof, specially in an unfamiliar room behind a closed door, having a basic plan of “I go left you go right” is critical to avoid crossing into someone’s field of fire. We air-gunned the shoot house a few times to practice moving in a team and keeping muzzles down when facing towards our partner, then we stepped up to airsoft rifles to do a run through the house with Chris and Dave coaching us.

During the airsoft run through, Dave and Chris hid some no-shoot targets up among the targets. There was one poor target holding a Coke can that got murdered by many teams (pro-tip: Greg Focker is a real Pepsi man, don’t fuck with him). In my defense, when I entered the room I was scanning the half without the target, and I didn’t see Braxton muzzlethump the Coke can target so hard that the can fell onto the ground. I turned to see Braxton with his back to a clean target and immediately fed it two rounds to the laughter of all spectactors.

Once all teams had done that a couple times and were familiar with it, we were kicked out of the house while it was rearranged, and we did it live. And it was intense. Braxton and I work very well together, and we came through the house quickly, engaging targets deliberately and accurately. It was a great drill.

Night 2 (Always bring a backup light)

After the dinner break, we again waited for it to get dark and did more night exercises, expanding on the judicious use of light we practiced the previous night. We talked about light spill, the dangers of reflective surfaces inside houses, and how some lights are just too bright for indoor use on a weapon.
After a while we set up the night shoothouse. Again, we did a dry run through first while we got coached on right and wrong usage of lights. Then we ran it individually for real. And Chris and Dave were real assholes about it this time, too. They set up chairs and barrels to trip us up in the dark, and a big fucking mirror at the end of a hallway to blind us. They ALSO put up some real motherfuckers of targets, including a child target with a pistol and a pregnant woman with a pistol. These were designed to get into your head, but there were no wrong decisions on whether you shot at them or not, only wrong reasons why or why not. I shot them both, because I registered that there was a gun pointed at me, and fired. Others decided they weren’t a threat and moved on.

During this stage, my rifle light (a Streamlight tactical light on a ring mount) decided to stop working. I hit the tailcap 3 or 4 times in the dark, yelled a few motherfuckers, and pulled my pistol out, and finished the drill with it and the Surefire X200 on it.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:19 pm

Day 3 (Cruisin down the street in my ’64)

Day three opened up with some more timed cold drills for the Accountability Tracker, both team drills and individual. From there we headed over across the training area and started talking about cars.

Specifically, we talked about how much it sucks to be in a car when shooting starts. We talked about the difficulty of getting a gun into a fight from inside a cramped car interior. We talked about the need to get out of the car as soon as possible without getting killed immediately. We talked about the need to get your seatbelt off before things get shitty, because you will absolutely not remember to do it once you’re fighting.

We sat in chairs with barrels in front of us to simulate having a dashboard in the way of our rifle. We had a barrel next to us to simulate a door. We drilled on shooting forward and out the window. We put 2 chairs next to each other and paired up with our teammate to do it together, so we could get familiar with the amount of care needed to ensure you aren’t muzzling your buddy when you bring your gun up.

We started with some science: We took a class poll to see who had what defensive ammo with them. We took one person with each weight of each brand of each cartridge, both rifle and pistol, and they each took turns putting one round through the windshield at a target a foot in front of the front bumper, so we could observe and record the deflection of various different kinds of rounds. I didn’t keep track of what did best and worst, except to say that heavier pistol bullets fared much better than light ones. But regardless of bullet choice, the lesson was clear: Bullets do weird angled shit when going through clean glass, so shoot more than once. The first round might go nuts but follow-on shots will cleanly pass through into the target as intended.

And then we got in the car, and that’s when this class went from being merely completely awesome to ZOMG MINDBLOWING AMAZEBALLS WTF HOLYSHIT AWESOME. As I’m sure you’ve seen from the pictures, we shot through the windows. We shot through the windshield. A lot. Like, a whole lot.

We engaged targets individually from both the driver and passenger seats. We practiced getting out of the car and properly using it as cover. We paired up with our teammate and engaged targets together. This is when the value of Baby Snake drill really hit home to me, because I was shooting targets out the drivers side window with my pistol while Braxton was going full-retard with his Tavor through the windshield of the car, which meant his muzzle was about 2 feet to the side of my head pointing in my general direction. We practiced having one occupant lay down fire so the other can get out of the car to take cover, and then cover the first guy’s escape, and then switched so each person got to try it from both drivers and passengers side. It was absolutely pouring down rain at the time, so we were covered in little bits of glass debris from the windshield and big chunks from the tempered side and rear glass that fell into the seats. We all got scraped up from glass still in the window frames and muddy as fuck from the ground. We were all sparkling like goddamned Twilight vampires. It was glorious.

And then we did it with 2 teams in the car at the same time. I know the pictures look cool, but you have no idea how crazy it is to be in a car with 4 fast and accurate motherfuckers dispensing high-velocity hate at the same time. As I mentioned in a previous post, I chose a poor time to forget about my sight offset, and put 2 rifle rounds into my side-view mirror with the muzzle almost touching it. I was rewarded with an immediate spray of high-speed glass and plastic directly in my face (thank the old gods for good eyepro), although I didn’t realize what had happened and thought it was just muzzle blast that did it. In this drill, everyone engaged targets immediately in front of the car and on the passenger side, and the drivers-side occupants exited the vehicle to defend from behind cover. This gave the passengers-side occupants time to get out, but obviously we couldn’t use the doors because there was now fire coming over the hood and trunk of the vehicle. So we pushed off the passengerside doors and came out the drivers side, and resumed fire. Holy shit, it was ridiculously great.

That was the last drill of the class. We had a closing talk about what we had covered, and we helped pick up the range and training equipment as we packed our stuff up and bullshitted around for another hour. Then we said our goodbyes and hit the road. Fortunately, since Braxton and I were at his property and not a hotel we had already checked out of, we were able to shower off the glass and mud before heading home. Which is good, because otherwise I think I would have insisted on removing the filthy clothes before getting in my new FJ. Hey, there’s nothing weird about 2 sweaty hairy dudes driving around a car full of guns in their underwear, is there?

Anyway, that was class. Day 2 was the most valuable and informative training I have ever had in my life. Day 3 was the most fun I’ve ever had with my clothes on. The price for this one was comparatively steep for other Milcopp/MTC classes at $600, but it was two 13 hour days followed by 8 hours of shooting up a car, and a complete bargain for the knowledge and experience gained. Dave and Chris are excellent instructors. I did occasionally miss Doc, but only because Doc is a great guy, not because anything was lacking in the course.

I loved the chance to hang out with the other students, they are all great people and great guns. I was constantly impressed by the fluidity of movement of all the teams. Everyone worked efficiently together, and communicated well. Everyone got along. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Everyone was safe. And everyone got better.

What a weekend. I cant wait for another class from these guys.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:25 pm

crypto wrote:No but it comes with enough Man Cred that your recessive scraggly beard will spontaneously pop out into full bloom at last.

Great AARs so far. Thanks for the detailed descriptions (and illustration).
Mostly not here anymore.

Gramaton Cleric
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: dawn of the dead
quarantine
diary of the dead

Post by Gramaton Cleric » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:16 pm

I need to save up for this class, before I run out of "next times".. This is some real training here that I need to get some of. Damn good AAR's already. Looking forward to some more videos and reviews as well!
NRA LIFE, NRA Pistol Instructor.
Aim small, Miss small.
Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance.

ZSC:034 Kansas City
Fightin' 34th "Guardians of the Frontier!"

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Here's one of the videos you've been waiting for. :mrgreen:
MF'N TEAM LEADER

Braxton
Favorite Zombie Movies: I love them all.

Post by Braxton » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:10 pm

Now I know why I have glass in my face.
Jeriah wrote: you are NEVER completely certain of any other human being: not your parents, not your brother, not your wife, nobody.
Actually I think under some circumstances people sometimes don't even know themselves, but that's a bit existential for this thread. :lol:

Gramaton Cleric
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: dawn of the dead
quarantine
diary of the dead

Post by Gramaton Cleric » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:12 pm

Fantastic!!!!:grin:

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
NRA LIFE, NRA Pistol Instructor.
Aim small, Miss small.
Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance.

ZSC:034 Kansas City
Fightin' 34th "Guardians of the Frontier!"

doc66

Post by doc66 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Fuck yeah. Fuck. Yeah. fuckyeah.
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Training”