Newest handgun...

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

doc66

Re: Newest handgun...

Post by doc66 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:18 pm

JohnE wrote:
doc66 wrote:Good luck with it. I have a lot of FTF in the one I sampled.
What ammunition were you using?
Three or four different kinds. I know I was running reloads and a Remington FMJ. I'm not sure what the owner had. WWB maybe? I didn't shoot any defensive loads through it since I think I only had the ones in my Sig.
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EmbraceTheHate
Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Re: Re: Newest handgun...

Post by EmbraceTheHate » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:07 pm

TDW586 wrote:It is called an anecdote, LOL OMGZ OK??

That conversation has already been resolved, so thanks for playing there buddy, buhbye now.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Nice try at sarcasm. Way to be a buzz kill about the op's purchase.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JohnE
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by JohnE » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:18 pm

doc66 wrote:
JohnE wrote:
doc66 wrote:Good luck with it. I have a lot of FTF in the one I sampled.
What ammunition were you using?
Three or four different kinds. I know I was running reloads and a Remington FMJ. I'm not sure what the owner had. WWB maybe? I didn't shoot any defensive loads through it since I think I only had the ones in my Sig.
Interesting, do you know how old the pistol is?

I've heard of some issues with the earliest models but from what I've read, they seem to have gotten a handle on them.

I suppose I'll find out for myself inna couple of weeks when I bring it home.
John E
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life:The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

mwestjeeper

Post by mwestjeeper » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:36 am

FYI, my LC9 shoots mighty fine. Never a glitch, and shoots amazingly tight groups for something so small.
Former Jarhead, 0331

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:03 am

mwestjeeper wrote:FYI, my LC9 shoots mighty fine. Never a glitch, and shoots amazingly tight groups for something so small.
What ammo?
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

JohnE
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by JohnE » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:05 pm

So I picked up the LC9 and as luck would have it while I was at the shop I spied a clean looking Glock 26 in the used case...

Now I can compare the two of them directly, well in another couple of weeks anyway. The Glock can't go thru the DROS system until 12/11 so I'll be picking it up in time to give myself a nice little Christmas present. It came with 2 mags, a nice little Kydex holster and one of those Glock mag loader thingies.
John E
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life:The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

doc66

Post by doc66 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:35 pm

JohnE wrote:So I picked up the LC9 and as luck would have it while I was at the shop I spied a clean looking Glock 26 in the used case...

Now I can compare the two of them directly, well in another couple of weeks anyway. The Glock can't go thru the DROS system until 12/11 so I'll be picking it up in time to give myself a nice little Christmas present. It came with 2 mags, a nice little Kydex holster and one of those Glock mag loader thingies.
YAY!
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ashwednesday
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead

Post by ashwednesday » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:50 am

JohnE wrote: Absolute worst case, I own stock in Ruger, if it's really a piece of crap, I'll mention at the stockholders meeting... :wink:
I heard that Ruger stock went up 15% post election. Good for you.
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.

JohnE
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by JohnE » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:01 am

Indeed, Ruger stock is way up and they recently announced that they're going to issue a $4.50 per share dividend.

I'm buying a few more next week, shares that is, not pistols...
John E

JohnE
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by JohnE » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:29 pm

The Glock has come home for the holidays, picked it up yesterday. The shop was jumping and the shelves were almost bare, the Ruger Gunsite rifle I had my eye on is long gone.

Hoping to take the Glock to the range tomorrow, the LC9 is at a friends house getting fitted with a custom holster so I won't be able to do a direct comparison til the New Year.
John E

Return to “Handguns”