What are your Glock Mods?

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Siggy01

Post by Siggy01 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:56 pm

I recently picked up a Glock 23 3rd gen from my local gun shop. Having finished my 10/22 mods, I quickly began checking the internet for all the fun upgrades for Glocks. I ended up with:

Truglo Brite Site- I got these tritium sights(font/back) on amazon for 65 bucks shipped. All steel, glow bright, Low profile to avoid snags. #TG231G1 for those who are interested.

Steel Guide Rod- I wanted to replace the poly one that came with the Glock. It feels smoother when I rack the slide and offers more durability.

Grip plug- From Lone wolf distributors. Just wanted to fill the cavity at the bottom of the grip to help keep debris out. Supposedly helps reduce snagging.

I wanted to add I got a holster to carry it in. It's a Bianchi 82 Carrylok. I'll give more info about that after I carry it a while.

What modifications have you done to your Glocks?
"What do you mean pass the salt!? Just eat me and get it over with!"

anonymac

Post by anonymac » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:16 pm

Wolf barrel. Necessary for shooting reloaded ammo. Others may argue about Glock barrels being superior, while some argue that Glock barrels don't fully support the cartridge-leading to barrel failure. 50-50 argument, but if you want to shoot reloads an aftermarket barrel is required.
ImageImage

alptraum

Re: What are your Glock Mods?

Post by alptraum » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Siggy01 wrote:
Zero :)

ultra magnus

Post by ultra magnus » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Siggy01 wrote:I recently picked up a Glock 23 3rd gen from my local gun shop. Having finished my 10/22 mods, I quickly began checking the internet for all the fun upgrades for Glocks. I ended up with:

Truglo Brite Site- I got these tritium sights(font/back) on amazon for 65 bucks shipped. All steel, glow bright, Low profile to avoid snags. #TG231G1 for those who are interested.

Steel Guide Rod- I wanted to replace the poly one that came with the Glock. It feels smoother when I rack the slide and offers more durability.

Grip plug- From Lone wolf distributors. Just wanted to fill the cavity at the bottom of the grip to help keep debris out. Supposedly helps reduce snagging.

I wanted to add I got a holster to carry it in. It's a Bianchi 82 Carrylok. I'll give more info about that after I carry it a while.

I would rethink this one. It's designed that way for 2 reasons from what I have heard. One is so you can rip a mag out if you have a stoppage, the other is so crap won't get caught in the trigger workings.

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Post by TDW586 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Open hole means debris fall out more easily, it also means debris get in more easily. Personally, I use a plug.

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Glock26- Backstrap reduction, rounded trigger gaurd, stippling.

Glock17- Stippling, Truglo front site, the Streamlight lives on this one.

Glock34- Trigger job (same take-up as stock, but at about 2.5lbs break), tugnstien guide rod, 15lb spring, high rise fibe optic front, heinie rear.

Also, and Advantage Arms .22 conversion for the 17 & 34. It has an after market sites too.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:15 pm

I love my Bianchi 82. It adapted very well to the longer barrel of my G35's. My only mod was tritium sights. I saw no need for a steel guide rod or a grip plug. Both G35's alternate as EDC(in the B82), function reliably, and I like being able to grab the mag and rip it out if I need to.
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

bae

Post by bae » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Trijicon RMR red-dot sight, suppressor backup sights, Glock "dot" connector, and some very very minor file work on the grip for better fit.

On the non-RMR'd Glocks, Warren Tactical sights and Glock "dot" connector, and some very very minor file work on the grip for better fit.

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:11 pm

TDW586 wrote:Open hole means debris fall out more easily, it also means debris get in more easily. Personally, I use a plug.
I just felt like quoting that for some reason.

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Post by TDW586 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:18 pm

You're a sick man.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

ohsixbrazengto

Post by ohsixbrazengto » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:18 pm

bae wrote:Trijicon RMR red-dot sight, suppressor backup sights, Glock "dot" connector, and some very very minor file work on the grip for better fit.

On the non-RMR'd Glocks, Warren Tactical sights and Glock "dot" connector, and some very very minor file work on the grip for better fit.
what slide is this? I want one for my 22.

EDIT: I seen the LWD emblem after posting lol.

Siggy01

Post by Siggy01 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:28 pm

ohsixbrazengto wrote:
bae wrote:Trijicon RMR red-dot sight, suppressor backup sights, Glock "dot" connector, and some very very minor file work on the grip for better fit.

what slide is this? I want one for my 22.

EDIT: I seen the LWD emblem after posting lol.
I gotta say those front slide serrations are pretty tight looking. And that red dot sight! :shock:
"What do you mean pass the salt!? Just eat me and get it over with!"

Absintheur
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Let's just say I have never seen one I didn't like!

Post by Absintheur » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:36 am

My 19 has one of the original NY triggers in it, other than that it is stock.

My 17 on the other hand...

The 17 had a Wolf barrel, GlockWorx Trigger pack, Carver Comp, Burris dot...
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." -- J.R.R.Tolkien

Corpsman86
Favorite Zombie Movies: That is a tough question with a long drawn out answer...

Post by Corpsman86 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:14 am

So far on my 19 I have A set of truglow sights, and an extended slide release. Other than that she runs like a top as is..

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:10 am

my G19 has a lighter connector, trijis, a grip plug, and the extended controls (I'm a southpaw and the longer mag release makes it worlds easier to drop the mag with my middle finger.)

My G26 just has the plug and the tritium + fiber optic sights.

Oh, and I polished the feed ramp on them both one day because it was easier to do that than clean all the carbon off it.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Haji
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil 1,2, and 3, and the Samuel scene from Diary of the Dead. I'm working my way through the worst of them of late, too.

Post by Haji » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Needs steel sights. My personal pistols also have grip tape, Vickers magazine releases, frame plugs, and Grip Force Adapters. There's absolutely NO point in using aftermarket springs and guides. The gun has a nominal 35,000 round service life in stock form. Once they get messed with to an extensive degree, they start having 1911 style problems.
I don't carry a gun in case I get in a gun fight. I carry a gun because I don't want to miss the opportunity to get in a gun fight. - Officer Timmy

http://www.atstacticalgear.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jasonhcc

Post by jasonhcc » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Trijicon Tritium Sights, Vickers extended mag release, Vickers extended slide catch, LOTS OF MAGAZINES!

That's about all I need or want for my setup.

ncpatrolar
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (original)

Post by ncpatrolar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:58 am

26 - Sevigny Carry sights (2 tritium lamps), Vickers mag catch, (-) connector, grip plug

19 - Sevigny Carry sights (2 tritium lamps), Vickers mag catch, (-) connector, grip plug, drmeled the finger grooves off, added grip tape

34 - Heinie Straight 8s (tritium), Vickers mag catch, (-) connector, grip plug, cut the bottom half of the slide stop off

If you're around loose dirt then the grip plug is a worthy addition. We had a 19 w/o a plug seize up to the point that I had to detail strip the gun so the student could clean the debris out and get the gun functional again.
Lead Instructor for Defensive Concepts North Carolina

Vickers Shooting Method Regional Endorsed Instructor

http://www.defensiveconceptsnc.com

Now offering a training discount for all ZS members

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:39 am

Heine Straight 8 sights. That's it.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:04 am

G21SF-Lead weight in grip with plug, Eagle, Globe, and Anchor in rear plate, OMGWTF extended magazine for range-time, and a kabar mini-bayonet for shits and giggles.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Sheriff McClelland

Post by Sheriff McClelland » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:43 am

alptraum wrote:
Siggy01 wrote:
Zero :)
Other than to change the plastic sights for steel , I agree . I'm not one of those "perfection" guys , it's just that these work right out of the box . Why "fix" them ?
"Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up. "

ncpatrolar
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (original)

Post by ncpatrolar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:01 am

Sheriff McClelland wrote: Why "fix" them ?

So they're a better fit for individual shooters?
Lead Instructor for Defensive Concepts North Carolina

Vickers Shooting Method Regional Endorsed Instructor

http://www.defensiveconceptsnc.com

Now offering a training discount for all ZS members

Sheriff McClelland

Post by Sheriff McClelland » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 am

A little sarcasm in the morning . Thanks :wink:
Whether a 1911 , Glock or automobile . I understand wanting to personalize your property . I run a large gun shop so we make money on those parts . I'm all for them . 8-)

For myself , I figure Glock designed each part/hole/cavity for optimum durability/reliability and personally have had no issues/failures dating back to a first year 17 I bought and competed with back in 1988? and 6-8 other models since . (other than broken front sight) .

ymmv .

edit to add: I guess I might be a hypocrit :oops: as I do have a 1911 and BHP modified by Novaks . It's a personal thing I guess , for me the Glock works best pretty much bone stock . I encourage anyone wanting to personalize to proceed and enjoy :D
"Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up. "

Tommy Tran

Post by Tommy Tran » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Heinie Straight 8 Ledge Night Sights on all (stock Glock sights are useable but this set is optimum for me)
Some have a Ghost Rocket discos
Some have griptails done by me
Grip Plugs in all
liberal amounts of grip tape
Decent holsters/ many mags/ large quantities of ammo
phil_in_cs wrote:well, I can guarantee you it won't over penetrate. It has to penetrate before it can over penetrate....
gravediggerfour wrote:For those of you with Mr. Fancy Pants gas piston AR's better stock up on the parts that are not interchangable.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.

Return to “Handguns”