New Ruger P95

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Kun2112

Re: New Ruger P95

Post by Kun2112 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Congrats!
Some people rag on the P95, but a coworker hit a 20oz coke bottle at 50 yards first shot with his, so they will shoot.
I think that is a fair price on the firearm. You can't touch one new for under $400 where I live now. It would be a tad high where I used to live, but still reasonable.

TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Nice choice. I have a 95 DC that shoots good and has not let me down so far. It is a bit bulky but has handled everything I put through it.

I think these are hard guns to beat for the money. For your first gun, it's a good choice.

"If ye break faith with those who died,
We shall not sleep..."

Einher

Post by Einher » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:26 pm

These were a fairly popular sight in the mid-to-late 90's in my area.
I remember camping a few times with more than one friend who I packed a Ruger P9something.
I've seen then both in 9mm and .45ACP (slightly different), and from what I could tell it seemed to be a comparatively rugged and fairly accurate handgun for the price.

I've always had a strong preference towards SA/DA (SODA/DOSA) pistols, and I almost purchased one back then.
полиция wrote:Полицейский инструктировал меня, что если убьеш грабителя у себя дома то надо вложить ему в руку нож или иное орудие преступления до того как пришли полицейские, иначе могут самого хозяина дома посадить за убийство.

Return to “Handguns”