FMK Patriot II. Anyone laid hands on one?

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

FMK Patriot II. Anyone laid hands on one?

Post by yossarian » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:37 pm

PSA has this on sale until tomorrow https://palmettostatearmory.com/fmk-pat ... g2p2u.html Near Hi-point price but it doesn't look like a cordless drill and it's double stack. It looks like actual retail price isn't much higher. The one review on that sight isn't promising but it's a sample size of one. Anyone have any actual or even second hand (not third hand or my wife's cousin's dog groomer's experience) with one of these. I certainly don't need one and I'm not likely to get one for shits and giggles, even at that price, but it has piqued my curiosity.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

Stercutus

Re: FMK Patriot II. Anyone laid hands on one?

Post by Stercutus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:26 pm

I handled and shot one at a gun shop in Birmingham late last year. I thought it was worth the $299 price back then. I did not buy one because I did not need one but had never seen one before and was curious. For $199 that is dirt cheap. The one I shot was a dealer display model that had been shot a lot.

The market is so saturated right now a new line of pistols is a bad prospect. I'd be worried about parts and warranty down the road.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: All the Milla movies and Shaun of the Dead
Location: There's no place I can be since I've found (hoosier) Serenity.

Post by FlashDaddy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:24 pm

I find this pistol, at this price, very intriguing. The interwebs note problems with failure to lock back and pins walking, but customer service looks very good. And quality “seems” to be improving. So after reading every post and watching almost every vid I could find, I am going to order one. :D
- Flash

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

grennels

Post by grennels » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:42 am

What advantage over HiPoint?
Shot 'em, now I'm gonna hang 'em, then I'm gonna burn 'em!
Damn Zombies. Can't ever be too dead to suit me.

- with apologies to Larry McMurtry

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by FlashDaddy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:30 am

I like the FMK’s size, very close to dimensions and weight of a glock 19. The hipoint 9mm uses a blowback action, which requires a very heavy, and therefore larger, slide. This makes it heavier to carry on your person and harder to conceal. Hipoints also limit you to ten round mags, the FMK has 14 rounders. My father in law has a hipoint 9 and it is accurate and reliable. Hipoints also have great customer service.
- Flash

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:18 pm

Did you buy one ? If so how is it?
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by FlashDaddy » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:17 pm

Picked it up from my local gun shop and I really like it. A little lighter shade of gray than I was expecting. Really has a nice grip. The proof will be in how it shoots. I have a range trip planned for next weekend, with a few different ammo brands to try out. I’ll post the results here.
- Flash

FlashDaddy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Re: FMK Patriot II: range report

Post by FlashDaddy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Finally took my new FMK Patriot II to the range today. It was excellent! It uses 14 round mags. I shot six mags of PPU 124 gr FMJ with zero errors. I shot at seven yards and the sights were good. I then shot two mags of Federal Hi-shok 115 gr JHP, again no failures. Then two mags of PPU 147 gr JHP, again just perfect.

I’ve seen complaints of the FMK not going into battery after firing, feeding failures, trigger not resetting and not locking back. Mine worked fine without any failures or problem of any kind. I also like the grip including the slightly padded blackstrap. It felt great. It shoots better than I do. I give it an A++.
- Flash

Return to “Handguns”