Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Should I trade my Para Ordnance P14?

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:07 am

Hey guys,

Can anyone guess the value of a standard Para Ordance P14 in good/great condition? Have original book and box with 3 mags. It is one of the original Canadian manufactured versions when quality was supposedly better. New Para 14.45's go for around $750 and I've seen multiple older Para's on auction sites asking $650 that are not in pristine condition. Is this too high of an estimate??

Also, I am tossing around the idea of trading it in for a non-1911 type .45... maybe an SR45 ($400-450ish) XD Service ($450ish) or other used handguns.

Would I be taking too much of a hit and should I aim higher to like a CZ 97 or Sig??? Or should I expect to keep my expectations lower in price??? Any help at all is appreciated!!!
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Re: Should I trade my Para Ordnance P14?

Post by Browning 35 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:30 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:New Para 14.45's go for around $750 and I've seen multiple older Para's on auction sites asking $650 that are not in pristine condition. Is this too high of an estimate??
I don't think so. Mostly that's what I see the used ones going for or maybe a little less ($620 or so). You can always go lower, can't ever go higher. After a quick price check because I was curious they're going for $456 to $832 depending on condition and model variation. So $650 or a little lower is right in the middle.
Also, I am tossing around the idea of trading it in for a non-1911 type .45... maybe an SR45 ($400-450ish) XD Service ($450ish) or other used handguns.

Would I be taking too much of a hit and should I aim higher to like a CZ 97 or Sig??? Or should I expect to keep my expectations lower in price??? Any help at all is appreciated!!!
I'd personally look at the S&W M&P's or the Sig P220's, more depends on personal preference.

Your reasoning sounds about right to me. What did you pay for it though? I'd factor that in there somewhere.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:36 am

I don't know, ask OmegaMan if you should sell it. Can't seem to get rid of his for some reason. :lol:

I'd sell it for the CZ97 personally but I'm a CZ whore. Glock whore too for anyone keeping score.

The M&P 45 has a damn good rep and has escaped all the problems that seem to plague the normal M&Ps. Big plus, IMO, for the M&P is that it can run 14 rd mags where the 220 tops out at ten. 4 rds to me is a big deal.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Alpha-17
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Resident Evil: Afterlife
28 Weeks Later

Post by Alpha-17 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:10 am

Why are you looking to sell it? I had a P14.45 LDA several years ago, and only sold it because I needed a regular 1911 for concealed carry. If you're doing something similar, I understand, but if not, why? Just tired of the platform and want something different?

As for price, start high, and work you way down. Typically seems to work. If you're looking to stay with .45, I'd recommend going with the FNX45. I picked one up about a month ago, and absolutely love it.
THE LATEST AND GREATEST IN TACTICAL GEAR WON'T SAVE YOUR LIFE...... BUT, HEY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH SURVIVING IN STYLE?

7.62 NATO/.308 Fanboy

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:14 am

That aluminum frame P14 is a well balanced platform. I love mine and have shot more than enough rounds through it to make it an extension of my will. I hope you never regret the sale.

I have to say I never could love the steel frame double stack Paras
Boldly going nowhere

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:27 pm

Gingerbread Man wrote:I don't know, ask OmegaMan if you should sell it. Can't seem to get rid of his for some reason. :lol:

I'd sell it for the CZ97 personally but I'm a CZ whore. Glock whore too for anyone keeping score.

The M&P 45 has a damn good rep and has escaped all the problems that seem to plague the normal M&Ps. Big plus, IMO, for the M&P is that it can run 14 rd mags where the 220 tops out at ten. 4 rds to me is a big deal.

227 tacops will come with 14 rd mags, so I imagine they'll be available soon. :mrgreen:
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Nick Adams

Post by Nick Adams » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:49 am

One of the best ways to see what a gun is really worth is to check Gunbrokers completed auctions for ones that have sold...Not what people asked for them, because lots of crazy on the moon prices people put on things there but what they actually have SOLD for.
I did a quick check and didn't see any P14s that sold but looks like the P12s sell for around $500-550

Return to “Handguns”