M&P Pro Series C.O.R.E

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Ten Eight

M&P Pro Series C.O.R.E

Post by Ten Eight » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:08 am

Yummy. No more need to mill the slide for popular optics. Still no 10mm though. Meh.

Glock 17/34 what?

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/11/07/smit ... e-pistols/
"You don't understand! I coulda' had class. I coulda' been a contender. I coulda' been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."

ShaneP

Re: M&P Pro Series C.O.R.E

Post by ShaneP » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:49 am

I want one of those backstraps
I was a highway man along the coach roads i did ride, with sword and pistol by my side many of young men lost there marbles to my trade, and many a soldiers lost there blood upon my blade. The bastards hung me in the spring of 25 but im still alive. ~~ The highwaymen ~~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw1bHaUk1CM

Bolo

Post by Bolo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:12 am

although I can see the charm for competition I just don't understand the need for a red dot on a secondary. To me it's just weight added to a weapon system. I just don't see the application in a self-defense setting.
peace through superior firepower

Spd164

M&P Pro Series C.O.R.E

Post by Spd164 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:33 am

Bolo wrote:although I can see the charm for competition I just don't understand the need for a red dot on a secondary. To me it's just weight added to a weapon system. I just don't see the application in a self-defense setting.
Smith is heavily marketing their M&P line to police departments. Remember that most officers in the field, while they may have a long gun in the car, go to the pistol first because its what they have available all the time on every call. Sometimes there isn't an opportunity or its "inappropriate" to bring the AR with me into a call, and then I'm left with my sidearm to bail me out of whatever situation I find myself in. I can see where Smith is going with this, and even though I've yet to use a red dot on a handgun, I sure do approve of anything that's going to help me place accurate fire on target more quickly. I think the option of mounting a red dot is the next "big thing" in duty handguns, now that interchangeable back straps are so prevalent on popular models. Just MHO.

Chris@MTCT

M&P Pro Series C.O.R.E

Post by Chris@MTCT » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:54 am

Bolo wrote:although I can see the charm for competition I just don't understand the need for a red dot on a secondary. To me it's just weight added to a weapon system. I just don't see the application in a self-defense setting.
With the actual quantifiable results a lot of people are getting running a red dot on a secondary prove that it does in fact justify its use in a self defense setting.

Much like views 15 years ago when irons were the standard on most carbines, and that a red dot was more for range use only and unreliable. This is not the case any more. The red dot is pretty much the standard go to optic for everyone that puts bad guys down for a living. 5-10 years from now this will be probably the case with pistols used as a primary or secondary role.
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:57 am

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=1535" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A little write up from 10-8
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:00 am

gravediggerfour wrote: With the actual quantifiable results a lot of people are getting running a red dot on a secondary prove that it does in fact justify its use in a self defense setting.

Much like views 15 years ago when irons were the standard on most carbines, and that a red dot was more for range use only and unreliable. This is not the case any more. The red dot is pretty much the standard go to optic for everyone that puts bad guys down for a living. 5-10 years from now this will be probably the case with pistols used as a primary or secondary role.
That exactly.
Also, in competition it seems red dots allow people to get shots on target faster. For as little as they weigh, I think that would be something people would want in a self defense situation, especially one that happens in low light.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

crazyjediman24

Post by crazyjediman24 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Red dots are all well and good, but am I the only one that wants it solely for the sex appeal?
#thatbackstrap

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:03 pm

I agree that it's likely the next big thing. The 'juice' is clear, the 'squeeze' for a pro is pretty minimal.

I doubt my G35's will ever get optics, unless I return to the ranks of paid gunfighters. Hell, my AK's are still running irons!
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

Return to “Handguns”