Best DIY Carpentry, Electric and Plumbing Book(s)

Reviews of books, manuals or other texts.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

DJPrepper

Best DIY Carpentry, Electric and Plumbing Book(s)

Post by DJPrepper » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:23 pm

What is your ultimate book or books that you know you need for post Day Z ?

Zembecowicz
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (original)

Re: Best DIY Carpentry, Electric and Plumbing Book(s)

Post by Zembecowicz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:40 am

Time/Life published a series of books called "Fix It Yourself" back in the 80s. When I bought my first house I picked up the whole set at either Goodwill or a garage sale. I found them to be pretty helpful many years ago, but I haven't cracked them open in a long time. I mostly look things up on Google these days.

With that said a coworker of mine who did construction when he was in college recommended the book "Working Alone". I did find some useful info there for my woodshed project.

DJPrepper

Re: Best DIY Carpentry, Electric and Plumbing Book(s)

Post by DJPrepper » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Zembecowicz wrote:Time/Life published a series of books called "Fix It Yourself" back in the 80s. When I bought my first house I picked up the whole set at either Goodwill or a garage sale. I found them to be pretty helpful many years ago, but I haven't cracked them open in a long time. I mostly look things up on Google these days.

With that said a coworker of mine who did construction when he was in college recommended the book "Working Alone". I did find some useful info there for my woodshed project.
Yeah, Google or You Tube is where I look first, but I'll check out the titles you mentioned.

I am looking for a good physical back up against a scenario where there is - for whatever reason - an extended power outage.

Return to “Books”