Survey of US Army Uniforms, Weapons and Accoutrements

Reviews of books, manuals or other texts.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

Survey of US Army Uniforms, Weapons and Accoutrements

Post by Stercutus » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:11 am

http://www.history.army.mil/html/museum ... ey_uwa.pdf

While the article is long (125 pgs) it is an interesting and easy read with plenty of pictures. :wink:

Gives you an idea of how military weapons, kit and uniforms have evolved over the years. It is very well done. It is also all on line at the link.
"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

flybynight

Re: Survey of US Army Uniforms, Weapons and Accoutrements

Post by flybynight » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:07 am

Neat. Had no idea the pistol holsters were still left handed so late in history. This is interesting tidbit too

" They reported that in a highly mobile war, combat teams ran into each other largely by surprise and the team with the higher firepower tended to win. They also concluded that the chance of being hit in combat was essentially random and that aiming made little difference because targets no longer sat still. They stated that the number one predictor of casualties was the total number of bullets fired"
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Stercutus

Re: Survey of US Army Uniforms, Weapons and Accoutrements

Post by Stercutus » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:49 pm

That was one study of many. I don't know how much credence it was actually given. The writer does better when he focuses on the gear.
"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

Return to “Books”