It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:22 am 

Hey zombie readers, long time no speak (read: groan) – it’s been about a decade since I began the Empire zombie series, and this year I’m returning to the land of the unliving with a new, unrelated series, The Strange Dead. Whereas Empire was supernatural, following the Reaper’s quest to put down those who won’t stay down, TSD is more science and survival based. But there’s no shortness of weirdness (just can’t help it), hence the title.

In the near future, advances in nanotechnology and medical 3-D printing have revolutionized healthcare worldwide, particularly organ transplantation. Until an experimental product line accidentally winds up in the global marketplace. Until people’s organs begin killing them...then bringing them back.

Twenty years later, pockets of humanity fight to subsist in skeletal cities and barren wastelands. The undead are a part of daily life and many of the living have gone mad. Zombies are used as everything from drug mules to walking bombs, as well as an outlet for grief and rage. And for the perverse elites, the surgically-altered dead are an arts & entertainment spectacle.

Claire and Andre are part of a group struggling to rebuild America’s infrastructure. In their way stand not only the dead, but a conspiracy of various factions determined to retain what power they have. In a saga blending intrigue and deception with survival horror, the last good men and women combat their own extinction.

And Claire struggles with a secret – one that could turn the tide in anyone’s favor if they found out.

Hope you’ll check it out. Thanks!

EDIT: In conjunction with the new release I've started an interview series at my blog. Up now are chats with Peter Clines and Jonathan Maberry.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:25 am 

Perhaps it would help if you posted the first couple chapters here to whet the appetite of prospective buyers?

Just trying to assist.

Cheers.

-urban

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:58 pm 

Thanks! If you'd like, you can check out the first part of the book (most of the first two chapters) at the Amazon link via the "Look Inside" feature.