Doomsday Maurauders

Reviews of books, manuals or other texts.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

kilkenny

Doomsday Maurauders

Post by kilkenny » Wed May 11, 2016 12:47 am

I am Kilkenny, author of "Doomsday Marauders." Came across this post by accident. Registered to give all the doubters some advice-

1. Forget about the military 3:1 ratio. It's a forced number anyway, and assumes every single man-jack of you has very specific training, which you don't.
2. You can't afford to take casualties. They will be family or friends. Any single casualty is a loss.
3. Border Collies are the smartest dogs on the planet. Don't insult them, they might get mad!
4. I would never replace a fallen team member with a "slave." That's ridiculous. You can't trust them
5. Of course we wear armor.

Read the book if you want more info. The Defensive Training guys basically plagiarized it anyway. or email me: kilkenny@doomsdaymarauders.com

Cybrludite
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Intelligence Gathering and Patrolling

Post by Cybrludite » Wed May 11, 2016 1:52 am

kilkenny wrote:I am Kilkenny, author of "Doomsday Marauders." Came across this post by accident. Registered to give all the doubters some advice-
Welcome to Zombie Squad!
“There are only two ways to sleep well at night, be ignorant or be prepared” – Simon Black

Readiness is all. — William Shakespeare

Senectute Et Perfidia

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed May 11, 2016 4:35 am

kilkenny wrote:I am Kilkenny, author of "Doomsday Marauders." Came across this post by accident. Registered to give all the doubters some advice-

1. Forget about the military 3:1 ratio. It's a forced number anyway, and assumes every single man-jack of you has very specific training, which you don't.
2. You can't afford to take casualties. They will be family or friends. Any single casualty is a loss.
3. Border Collies are the smartest dogs on the planet. Don't insult them, they might get mad!
4. I would never replace a fallen team member with a "slave." That's ridiculous. You can't trust them
5. Of course we wear armor.

Read the book if you want more info. The Defensive Training guys basically plagiarized it anyway. or email me: kilkenny@doomsdaymarauders.com

I am good bro, no thanks I think I will pass.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed May 11, 2016 8:31 am

kilkenny wrote:I am Kilkenny, author of "Doomsday Marauders
Does the book address intel gathering or patrolling in any meaningful way? Or... is your first and last forum post just spam attempting to drum up sales?
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

kilkenny

Post by kilkenny » Wed May 11, 2016 10:22 am

I don't need to drum up sales. I really don't care. I care more about getting my worldview across on my blog.
But yes, it discusses intel, more specifically Recon, and how to work it into your attack plans-
K

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed May 11, 2016 10:29 am

kilkenny wrote:I don't need to drum up sales. I really don't care. I care more about getting my worldview across on my blog.
But yes, it discusses intel, more specifically Recon, and how to work it into your attack plans-
K
Well, I have a thread right here and two posts later you are still not contributing on-topic content to it. So far you have talked about border collies, armor, your book and your blog. Nothing useful to the discussion and I'm not going to your blog if I am not convinced that you want more than hits on the counters.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed May 11, 2016 10:31 am

kilkenny wrote:I don't need to drum up sales. I really don't care. I care more about getting my worldview across on my blog.
K

From of all your real life experiences in the military and as a secret CIA assassin as I read a few of the colorful reviews? I mean when you are not putting the neighbors out of the misery with mercy killings.
Shall be my brother

kilkenny

Post by kilkenny » Wed May 11, 2016 11:06 am

Well clearly you've read some of the book, that was a fictional scenario, escaping an urban environment. Again, I couldn't care less if you bought the book, I was responding to earlier posts discussing the bullshit 3:1 ratio and whether we we use armor. I threw the dog thing in to be funny. Clearly you weren't amused. Too bad. I try.
Anyway, feel free to ignore anything I've written. I know I will ignore what you have-
K

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed May 11, 2016 11:28 am

kilkenny wrote:Well clearly you've read some of the book, that was a fictional scenario, escaping an urban environment. Again, I couldn't care less if you bought the book, I was responding to earlier posts discussing the bullshit 3:1 ratio and whether we we use armor. I threw the dog thing in to be funny. Clearly you weren't amused. Too bad. I try.
Anyway, feel free to ignore anything I've written. I know I will ignore what you have-
K
An attitude like that sure doesn't enable intelligent discussion with folks interested in this topic. Unless I am an early adopter and buy a book when first offered, I go out and read reviews. Amazon is a good source and pretty much they are mostly scathing even when offering multiple stars. Earlier I presented a fairly balanced review from defensivetraininggroup.wordpress.com and left things sort of positive. So again, are you contributing to the thread or the ZS forum in a meaningful way or not?

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed May 11, 2016 11:32 am

I hear the first thing they teach at secret CIA assassin school is: Don't tell anyone it's a secret. Or maybe that was fight club, I can't recall.

Earlier I presented a fairly balanced review from defensivetraininggroup.wordpress.com and left things sort of positive.
Well, anything you covered from Defensive Training Group was plagiarized from Kilkenny so really by covering them you are covering him too.

:roll:
Shall be my brother

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed May 11, 2016 11:49 am

Stercutus wrote:I hear the first thing they teach at secret CIA assassin school is: Don't tell anyone it's a secret. Or maybe that was fight club, I can't recall.

Earlier I presented a fairly balanced review from defensivetraininggroup.wordpress.com and left things sort of positive.
Well, anything you covered from Defensive Training Group was plagiarized from Kilkenny so really by covering them you are covering him too.

:roll:
Correction: I did not cover DTG's writings, plagiarized or not. I originally posted the positive portion of DTG's review of Kilkenny's "Doomsday Marauders" but have since updated it to take in more reviews that seem to better reflect the author's current posts.

Return to “Books”