It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shoot like a navy seal.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:16 pm 

Right off the bat I am not a great pistol shot but this book is helping me be better, it has a couple of things going for it, starting with the first line I am getting useful information 2nd every chapter has a url with a video of the covered material, in addition the author will drop a line from time to time to see if you have questions,

For some of you this book may not super useful but I find it helpful although a real quality course probably better, lacking that the book and vids are helpful at least for me. Plenty of dry fire drills tossed in.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Shoot-Like-Na ... B00F597P90

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:38 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Based on your recommendation I dropped $5 for a used paperback version via Amazon. You might also see the primer (The Experts Guide) by Jim Casada and for fundamentals an old, standardized guide: http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/MCRP%203-01B%20Pistol%20Marksmanship.pdf

I try to read at least one marksmanship and financial guide each year, and having a background in marksmanship training I respect his credentials despite the plethora of Seal guides available. It would seem that many are torn between the idea of remaining silently professional and a demanding market.

How to Buy a Valentine like a US Navy Seal
How to Snap Your Fingers like a US Navy Seal
US Navy Seal Guide to the One Thing You Must Do to Defeat Anyone and Everyone
How to Fart and Act like the Person Standing 9 Feet Away was the Culprit like Navy Seals
US Navy Seal Guide to Keeping One's Fingernails Trimmed

The best thing about Seal marksmanship training is that they shoot often, and a lot. One of the faults I have found is that they often bypass the awesome simplicity of basic R-T-F-G movement practiced by a decent fire team by applying strictly firepower. This is fine until everyone has to reload at the same time while running on line toward the target site.

That they will volunteer to go where leadership will not send others is unquestioned.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:35 pm 

Asymetryczna wrote:
Based on your recommendation I dropped $5 for a used paperback version via Amazon. You might also see the primer (The Experts Guide) by Jim Casada and for fundamentals an old, standardized guide: http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/MCRP%203-01B%20Pistol%20Marksmanship.pdf

I try to read at least one marksmanship and financial guide each year, and having a background in marksmanship training I respect his credentials despite the plethora of Seal guides available. It would seem that many are torn between the idea of remaining silently professional and a demanding market.

How to Buy a Valentine like a US Navy Seal
How to Snap Your Fingers like a US Navy Seal
US Navy Seal Guide to the One Thing You Must Do to Defeat Anyone and Everyone
How to Fart and Act like the Person Standing 9 Feet Away was the Culprit like Navy Seals
US Navy Seal Guide to Keeping One's Fingernails Trimmed

The best thing about Seal marksmanship training is that they shoot often, and a lot. One of the faults I have found is that they often bypass the awesome simplicity of basic R-T-F-G movement practiced by a decent fire team by applying strictly firepower. This is fine until everyone has to reload at the same time while running on line toward the target site.

That they will volunteer to go where leadership will not send others is unquestioned.

Point taken on the long list of seal guides, all that aside at my skill level I find the book worth the price but again I am no expert just trying to get better.